• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Update Pre-Crisis Superman to Tier 2-C: Low Multiverse level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Bang feats depend on if they are treated as explosions or as creating spacetime itself.

It depends from story to story and writer to writer.

Superman's feat was to force his way through an explosion, whereas I think that Imperiex was going to recreate spacetime, but I may remember wrong in the latter case.

Read this post said:
Jared1111 On his profile where it says he warped many timelines, it says he warped all timelines. So shouldnt that just outright be multiversal plus?
I doubt it, and even then Time Trapper being 2-A would only be through prep time. While he can effect many timelines (of which we cannot number) it's never stated that he can use his power over infinite timelines/universes. At best you could put him at 2-B, but even then i doubt it without exact numbers.

I guess all that we need now is the final opinion from @Matthew or @Sandman31. What do you guys think, "Low 2-C, possibly 2-C"?

Well, it depends on if they consider it as an outlier, and if so, what Low 2-C feat we should scale from instead.

Yes, he is, although in the Silver Age he was not as powerful, and Superman lost due to a weakness to magic.

Either way, there's no possibility that Pre-Crisis Superman was 2-A, dude could barely even affect the Anti-Monitor and has no feats that go that far. 2-C is his best actual showing.

Superman survived an attack that would have destroyed the barriers of Hypertime, which is Low 2-C to 2-Cish

Barriers would be Low 2-C.

I think it could've been Post Crisis Superman (someone would need to check it), making it an outlier.

Y'know, after this i think we should start another content revision for Pre-Crisis Superman in general, dude has a lot of extra abilities that aren't on his page that i think could be added. Might have to go through some more Silver Age books to see i can find other feats, i do know of a few that relate to his time powers that could be useful.

Well, Matthew thinks that 2-C is an outlier, but Low 2-C would make sense, especially when scaling from Superboy Prime.

We preferably need Sandman31's input as well though, and some reliable feat to scale Low 2-C from.

That happens with most Marvel and DC Comics threads due to Matthew being busy with schoolwork nowadays.

You can ask both him and Sandman31 to help out some more with this thread though. You can tell them that I would appreciate it.

I meant more that it's taking a long time to get official confirmation, but i understand, real life comes before arguing about dudes in red tights on the internet.

Welp... kinda sucks this may not go anywhere. Got some pretty good feats for him at least, even if we consider the 2-C one an outlier.

I do wonder if Supergirl was able to hurt the Anti-Monitor, could she scale to his Low 2-C form as well (i haven't read the story in a while, so i may need to double check)? That would align more with her feats wtih Blackstarr and Maldor, along with Superman's feats of possibly effecting multiple universes and shattering space-timne, and resetting timelines.

Maybe, but we need a confirmation from Matthew and Sandman31.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back