• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman (Pre-Crisis) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No chain reaction" claim could be right but we don't know enough context about how rings managed to destroy it. You are taking that two statements at face value. I mean how the hell that fight can generate 2-A level energy? Fight was around city level, RIP to the ppl in town if they actually generated that much power.
Why should we assume like there's some hidden further context when there really is none? The rings are simply stated to destroy them, and the rings destroy things through attack potency. Not through some weird chain reaction hax or anything, that wouldn't fit with what the rings can do.

Anyway, we're technically arguing with possibilities here (it's not specifically stated that they directly destroyed all the timelines, or destroyed the events that'd create them in the first place), so I guess the possibly rating is fine as it is barring inconsistency.

Because in the same panel, it was stated time trapper arranged smth before it was happened.
And? He only put them in the time dimension, and the location wouldn't matter anyway, since we know the rings did all that via its own energy. This is just reaching for "extra hidden context" that simply doesn't exist.

Option 2: We consider Superman restoring infinite future timelines wiped out by the Time Trapper during his confrontation with Jaxon as inconsistent with the other feats he has which caps at tier 4-B to 2-C, therefore we remove the "possibly 2-A" tier and leave Pre-Crisis Superman and those who scale to him to tier 2-C.
Okay, 48 hours have passed and we have agrees from Myself, Emirp, Tracer, Firestorm, and Asura. Elizio should apply this and I can then close the thread.

Have we listed all the pages that need changing?

I can help with the changes.
Not yet, but I will gather them now.

Superman (Pre-Crisis)
Superboy-Prime
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Doctor Fate (Classic)
Flash (Barry Allen) (Pre-Crisis)
Parallax
Power Girl (Pre-Flashpoint)
Nekron
Supergirl (Pre-Crisis)
Mongul (Pre-Crisis)
Superman (Earth-Two)

Those are the ones that directly reference scaling to Pre-Crisis Superman.

However, Anti-Monitor's current possibly 2-A includes scaling to PC Superman, and Darkseid, who is possibly 2-A from scaling to PC Superman in addition to Time Trapper and Mordru.
Time Trapper is poss 2-A from scaling to Classic Fate, who scales to PC Superman, and Mordru scales to PC Superman. So it appears we also need to remove it where it scales from Time Trapper, Mordru, Darkseid, and Anti-Monitor, which includes the list below:

Darkseid
Mordru
Time Trapper
Anti-Monitor
Flash (Wally West) (Rebirth)
Flash (Post-Flashpoint)
The Spectre
Reverse Flash (Rebirth)
Captain Atom (Post-Crisis)
Barbatos
The World Forger
Monitor
Neron (Pre-Flashpoint)
Starro (Pre-Flashpoint)
Hawkman (Carter Hall) (Post-Flashpoint)
Highfather
Orion (DC Comics)
Atrocitus
Larfleeze
Volthoom (DC Comics)
The Phantom Stranger (Post-Crisis)
Takion
Yuga Khan
The Omega Titans
Rox Ogama
Thaal Sinestro (Post-Crisis)

@Antvasima would you be able to unlock the pages above?

As an aside, I think the fact that 37 different profiles are all maintaining a "possibly 2-A" due to massive chain-scaling from this single feat is proof that even if it were not dubious, it should be regarded as an outlier.

Last edited:
Pre Crisis Superman, Superboy Prime, Sodam Yat, Flash and Hal Jordan are still locked
Can you list the exactly accurately worded titles for all of their pages, so my automated page unlocking program can handle it, please?

Also, should Superboy Prime really scale to the full power of Pre-Crisis characters given his very explicitly demonstrated upper limit of Low 2-C?

Can you list the exactly accurately worded titles for all of their pages, so my automated page unlocking program can handle it, please?
Superman (Pre-Crisis)
Superboy-Prime
Sodam Yat
Flash (Pre-Crisis)
Green lantern (Hal Jordan)
Nekron
Supergirl (Pre-Crisis)

Superman (Pre-Crisis)
Superboy-Prime
Sodam Yat
Flash (Pre-Crisis)
Nekron
Supergirl (Pre-Crisis)
Thank you, but Hal Jordan and Flash were not spelled accurately.

Here is the apparent right way to handle it:

Superman (Pre-Crisis)
Superboy-Prime
Sodam Yat
Flash (Barry Allen) (Pre-Crisis)
Nekron
Supergirl (Pre-Crisis)

One last page I forgot, this guy

One last page I forgot, this guy

I unlocked it.
I'm done with all the other pages other than Earth 2 Superman btw
Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏

He was weakened when he performed the Low 2-C feat, and weaker than he was when in COIE
Weaker than during COIE, yes, but not weaker than normally afterwards. Please remember that SBP was in a greatly powered-up state during the beginning of his fight with Monarch, and it was in relation to that he was beginning to weaken. He was shown in his regular state after being knocked out by a universe-destroying explosion.

Weaker than during COIE, yes, but not weaker than normally afterwards. Please remember that SBP was in a greatly powered-up state during the beginning of his fight with Monarch, and it was in relation to that he was beginning to weaken. He was shown in his regular state after being knocked out by a universe-destroying explosion.
I'm not talking about the monarch fight. I'm talking about the retcon punch. He explicitly says he was weaker than he was prior.

I'm not talking about the monarch fight. I'm talking about the retcon punch. He explicitly says he was weaker than he was prior.
Okay. Are you referring to when this happened during Infinite Crisis?

Would one 2-C Pre-Crisis statistics key and one that is Low 2-C for Infinite Crisis and onwards be acceptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back