• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - The Legendary DC Heralds Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. This thread has been all over the place and was extremely hard to overview from the start. I am giving an official mandate that this discussion will be put on pause until I come back and have caught up as the head bureaucrat of this wiki, and that a continuation that only lists the feats that were deemed most reliable will be created in our staff forum afterwards.

I don't want you to ruin my vacation. It is extremely important to me, and I consider it extremely inconsiderate of you to be fiercely unreasonable in this regard, especially given all the enormous amounts of work that I have done to build this community from the ground up, and help its members day in and day out for 8.5 years with no breaks whatsoever.

This thread should remain closed and not be responded to any further.

Last edited:
Ant, we can just wait for you, it's not that bad, stop trying to make this like I'm destabilizing the wiki. Lots of CRTs we've waited for several weeks. Your vacation isn't that long, we can all wait for you to return, which by then Emirp and the rest would get their rebuttals ready.

There's literally no need to lock this thread. If you want us to wait until your vacation, fine, we'll do so. It's not like we're in a rush to get things done. And you have other people like DDM and Deagonyx to act in your place while you're gone.

Your paranoia on thinking we'll get this thread accepted behind your back isn't gonna help anything.

That would still be extremely stressful for me to worry about suddenly having to deal with after I come back, given that I extremely sincerely consider this thread to be a complete misrepresentation of how these characters have consistently been portrayed, and I am an autistic perfectionist who is thoroughly obsessed with truth, accuracy, and reliability, which are the fundamental principles that I have strived to build this entire wiki around, so I take that kind of issue extremely seriously.

This is my life's work so far, and it is being severely screwed up due to widespread focus on as high tiers as possible rather than as high accuracy as possible, and although I do not know enough about most verses to notice every time that it happens, I do know and understand the mechanics of Marvel Comics and DC Comics inside and out, so I am certainly capable of noticing when highly unreliable ratings are about to be imposed on these verses.

Given the massive controversy of this revision, I also want as easy overview as possible for our staff as a whole to evaluate without interuption, as, again, this thread had too many listed feats from the start and then naturally went in a hundred different directions in order to deal with it, and as such we are extremely unlikely to receive any new staff members who are willing to try to make sense of the entire 11 pages of messy arguments.

Last edited:
@Antvasima Even assuming the asinine assumption that we're "secretly planning to get this accepted behind your back" was true, what of it? It still needs to be staff approved and reviewed and honestly it comes off as being completely dismissive of most of our critical thinking skills if a thread being accepted in a manner you don't like is automatically done via malice.

If we need to wait, we will. It's that simple. You enjoy your vacation and come back to give your reasoning. You're not gonna see 1-A Base Superman, don't worry. Jeez.

Anyway, again, this thread is supposed to be permanently closed, on order from the head bureaucrat and fundamental builder of this community, and a continuation based on the list that IdiosyncraticLawyer posted earlier can be used for a follow-up thread later.

Last edited:
@Antvasima Even assuming the asinine assumption that we're "secretly planning to get this accepted behind your back" was true, what of it? It still needs to be staff approved and reviewed and honestly it comes off as being completely dismissive of most of our critical thinking skills if a thread being accepted in a manner you don't like is automatically done via malice.

If we need to wait, we will. It's that simple. You enjoy your vacation and come back to give your reasoning. You're not gonna see 1-A Base Superman, don't worry. Jeez.
It's not about "behind my back", it is about "continuously stressing me out while I am unable to respond and should be completely focused on entirely other issues", and "the entire discussion has been extremely unfocused and all over the place, and we need a much more easily overviewed alternative for others to be able to properly evaluate it".

@Antvasima Ant you seriously need to be more open minded about other people's arguments for a character's stats. I deal with that a lot with several franchises I support and researched, but I'm not going to go out of my way to constantly close their thread until we at least come to a middle ground. Also you really need to stop stressing out over this thread, remaking the thread from scratch by default will make you stressed out again just because we're still arguing about this, so this "losing stress" argument doesn't really work here. Just calm down and relax dude

This is a 12 page long thread and I assume anybody like me who is going to start reading this thread now won't be able to make proper sense of it. It seems best to create a new thread once Ant returns from the vacation and we can begin a fresh discussion. I will participate as well.

[Apologies for responding to an already closed thread.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back