• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tsunade would have left Snake man hanging

This is not proof, do you understand this? Tsunade does not prove their confidence nor do they state "Yes, Tsunade can heal souls".
no one said this alone is definitive proof alone
You are arguing off of assumptions and character confidence, not actual evidence.
what assumption did I make? that the knowledgeable characters know what they're talking about? It's a lot more concrete than you being skeptical because she never did it.
These aren't even direct character statements that state without plausible deniability that Tsunade is capable of healing souls.

This is not the case, Orochimaru is not judging her off her current capabilities. Orochimaru is choosing Tsunade to heal him solely because Tsunade is the greatest hearler in the world.
Orochimaru's knowledge of her current abilities does not matter because he's making an assertion of something that he believes is already within her ability. He's also not making a hypothesis that "because she's the greatest medical ninja she might be able to do it" like you're suggesting.
Orochimaru knows Tsunade personally, he knows she's the best healer in the world, and he knows he can potentially bribe her to help him. Therefore, if Tsunade can't do it then he has no chance, she's his best option not that she can actually do it because Orochimaru proves he doesn't know her full capabilities. Thus, he is not a credible source as he is proven to be not fully knowledgeable.
your writing this as if Orochimaru said any of this with this level of uncertainty. In every interaction when discussing this it's always an absolute statement. His knowledge of her weakness is just a way to make her easier to bend to his will.

And again not knowing her full capabilities does not make him creditless for all of her abilities. that just means she has evolved past the capabilities that Orochimaru already believed she possessed.
No? It didn't matter if Tsunade could or couldn't heal Orochimaru. The point of the arc is whether or not Tsunade would help or hurt Konoha, not if she can actually heal Orochimaru.
that's just an oversimplification of what I said.
In fact, Tsunade was never going to heal Orochimaru so it once again did not matter if she could or couldn't.
this point literally doesn't matter so I'm skipping it
Your entire argument literally depends on the possibility that Tsunade can actually heal souls.
No, my argument depends on taking the words of multiple credible sources within the manga at face value since the manga has not contradicted this.

If anything your entire argument depends on the possibility that Tsunade can't heal souls.
You do not have undeniable evidence that Tsunade can heal souls.
We have in manga statements without anti feats to cause doubt. I'd say that's the next best thing.
There does not exists a single feat of Tsunade healing souls.
have any anti feats to support your skepticism? because if not then all you have are skepticism.
Therefore, it's at best Possible that Tsunade can heal souls since your entire argument is based on character's beliefs in Tsunade. Which is already shaky evidence since it's entirely character conjecture with no support and we are shown that one of them (Orochimaru) is not fully knowledgeable about Tsunade.
No

I read them. I don't agree. Else I would've mentioned them.

As for the "possibly", I think that's unnecessary. The stuff is very straightforward. I disagree with the idea we need to 100% see something to accept it (within reason, which imo this case is pretty reasonable from a narrative perspective).
Okay.

I read them. I don't agree. Else I would've mentioned them.

As for the "possibly", I think that's unnecessary. The stuff is very straightforward. I disagree with the idea we need to 100% see something to accept it (within reason, which imo this case is pretty reasonable from a narrative perspective).
Out of curioisty if Orochimaru died and got revived would he get his hands back?

Considering not even accessing his other souls through body hopping in their curse marks restored them until the seal got undone, no.
So if the only way to get his arms back was to get the seal undone after dying and being revived from an old curse mark that was placed before he got his arms sealed how would have Tsunade healed his arms? When he didn't have complete knowledge of her abilties and that the narrative states that whatever gets sealed with in death gods stomach stays there unless you have the sharp poky object.

Also to note, Orochimaru got his soul and body sealed within the Totsuka Blade and he still couldn't use his arms after reviving from Anko's cursed mark which was placed before he lost his arms.

Could she have healed his arms? Yes I agree. His arms got healed when he switched bodies.

Could she have given him back his jutsu? I disagree the narrative shows that he needed to cut into the death gods stomach to get those back.

So if the only way to get his arms back was to get the seal undone after dying and being revived from an old curse mark that was placed before he got his arms sealed how would have Tsunade healed his arms? When he didn't have complete knowledge of her abilties and that the narrative states that whatever gets sealed with in death gods stomach stays there unless you have the sharp poky object.

Could she have healed his arms? Yes I agree. His arms got healed when he switched bodies.

Could she have given him back his jutsu? I disagree the narrative shows that he needed to cut into the death gods stomach to get those back.
Yet Orochimaru still believes otherwise, with no comment from her as for the impossibility of the task (in fact, part of that story arc works narratively because of this fact, since if we were given reason to believe she couldn't, the plot twist of her betraying simply doesn't work).

I disagree the narrative shows that he needed to cut into the death gods stomach to get those back.
He cut into the death god's stomach cause it was the easiest way for him to get his hands back, plus he needed the death god regardless to unseal the kage

Yet Orochimaru still believes otherwise, with no comment from her as for the impossibility of the task (in fact, part of that story arc works narratively because of this fact, since if we were given reason to believe she couldn't, the plot twist of her betraying simply doesn't work).
Off of what basis are we granting Tsunade soul manip healing other then Orochimaru believing she can heal his arms and he isn't even a realiable source of information later on when he didn't even know about her abilites of healing cells. Has she healed mental and physical wounds yes, but has shown nothing spiritual and even stated she can't heal someone's damaged chakra network.

Your assumption is that one "should be" harder, on top of extrapolating Orochimaru's lack of knowledge in one field, because his knowledge of medicine is not as good as Tsunade's overall.

That's simply not enough to discredit the fact he does believe she can heal his damaged soul.
Which again, not only does she not disprove him in any way, she in fact considered actually doing it. To me, that's good enough.

Your assumption is that one "should be" harder, on top of extrapolating Orochimaru's lack of knowledge in one field, because his knowledge of medicine is not as good as Tsunade's overall.
Yes when basing this off of a character that is now fallible in his knowledge of Tsunade's own skills should be questionable and only possible soul manip at most.
That's simply not enough to discredit the fact he does believe she can heal his damaged soul.
IIRC he never states she can heal his soul only that he thought she could heal his arms(they kinda rotting) and noone states she can heal souls flat out. And again she even states she cant heal a chakra network which is just energy lines within the body. And you know chakra being made out of physical + mental/spiritual.
Which again, not only does she not disprove him in any way, she in fact considered actually doing it. To me, that's good enough.
Nor does she confirm.

Back