• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As most of you probably know, the Minato one shot just dropped, and with it we got some very interesting new feats and statements. I'll talk about each character and their relevant scaling in separate sections, starting with the main man himself.
I'm sorry for being late asf to this.
In probably the most infamous panel from the one shot, Minato's Rasengan clashed with Kurama's Bijuudama, and in the next page we see that that subdued Kurama, pushing his chakra back inside Kushina. This could hypothetically be used to scale Minato to High 6-B, but given how many scaling issues that would case, this is obviously not true. I wouldn't even say him scaling to 42 gigatons if Juubi scaling was dropped is particularly consistent. Instead, let's look at the surrounding context. Kurama was still technically sealed at the time, unlike when Naruto fought him after fully opening the seal. So Minato probably shouldn't scale to Kurama's full power. If anything, Minato's Rasengan would scale to V2 Kushina as that's how much of Kurama's chakra had come out of her at the time. Of course, V2 Kushina has no feats other than piercing through Teen Minato whose durability doesn't scale anywhere, but she should logically scale above 6T Naruto as she has more tails of chakra in addition to the fact that she has 100% Kurama rather than Naruto's 50%. Given that 6T Naruto scales to 5.68 gigatons, V2 Kushina should be >11.36 gigatons, and so Minato's Rasengan should scale there too. This is rather consistent as Minato specifically made the Rasengan to counter Bijuudamas after seeing Roshi and Han using them, and basic Bijuudamas are 15.55 gigatons. Thus Minato's Rasengan should scale to that value as well.

There are some counterarguments to this, but I don't think they're particularly strong. You can say Kushina was restraining Kurama, but absolutely nowhere are those stated to suppress chakra or power, so if anything all they'd do by clamping around his neck is make it harder for him to dodge. You could also say that Kurama hadn't actually fired the Bijuudama, so Minato was just pushing the stationary Bijuudama into Kurama like what Bee did to the Juubi, but these situations are quite different. In that moment, the Juubi had covered his eyes so he couldn't actually see what was happening and try to push back. By the time he noticed, the Bijuudama could've already been down his throat as it was at the base of his mouth from the start (think of how it's harder to regurgitate something partway down your throat then it is to spit something out of your mouth). Whereas here, Kurama is obviously fully aware of what's happening and can attempt to push back. If Bijuudamas are really so easily pushable before they're fired, then this clash couldn't have happened like it did. It's also not at all suggested that Minato was pushing Kurama's Bijuudama back, as it seems to just shake upon collision then explode, which makes sense since Minato's whole body is bandaged despite only being slashed along the chest and stabbed in the stomach prior to this moment. Which also lowkey suggests that he has Bijuudama level durability, but I'll let staff decide what they think of that, cause I'm not completely certain about it due to the vagueness of the scene and the fact that V2 Kushina stabbed through him. Then there's the classic argument that mental realm battles aren't applicable to the real world, but then why was an injury received there applied to real Minato? Not to mention the fact that like I talked about in another CRT, Minato is literally just projecting his chakra into Kushina to fight Kurama's chakra, there's no logical way it couldn't scale. Chakra is chakra regardless of where it is.

There's also possibly a good feat in the moment where V2 Kushina stabbed Minato. It seems like Minato might've redirected Kushina's thrust slightly (similar to this moment), since when we see it, his left arm is around her claw, and it makes sense as Kurama has no reason to aim for Minato's stomach rather than his heart or another more vital point. Obviously Minato doesn't outright scale to V2 Kushina as she literally stabbed through him, but given that she's >11.36 gigatons, I think this could be added as a supporting feat for him physically being 4 gigatons (especially since he currently doesn't have any physical feats at all on his profile).
So I was gonna reply to all of this in detail, but then I skimmed the thread to see if any of the arguments were addressed/concluded already, and I stumbled upon Arc's reply to these portions. I'm gonna save us all some time and effort, because he pretty much already said everything I wanted to say myself, so yeah, I agree with Arc's take on this.
Then there's the other most infamous statement, Kurama saying that Minato is on Hashirama's level. This obviously doesn't mean Teen Minato = Shinsuu Senju as he fled at the sight of Bijuudamas, but given the way he's wording it and the fact that it's a comment after seeing his sealing, this should either mean Minato's sealing ability or his general skill with ninjutsu is relative to Hashirama's. I'm honestly neutral on which it is since context suggests it's just about his sealing, but the way Kurama says it makes it sound like a holistic comparison. I'm not sure exactly where that should be noted though, maybe put it in the description next to sealing in his powers and abilities?
First off, I'm firmly in the camp that this is a skill comparison statement, personally.
Secondly, yeah this can be added to both Minato's Sealing P&A justification, as well as his Intelligence section.
Minato temporarily restraining Kurama with his sealing, the feat that earned the Hashirama comparison, should definitely be added in his P&A. Additionally, Kushina implied that she wanted to teach every Uzumaki fuinjutsu to Minato.
Yes, this should be more than fine to add to his Sealing justification.
I'm not sure what this ability is called, but Minato is able to send his chakra into Kushina to fight Kurama (not adding that to my profile suggestions below yet as I don't know what to name it).
Minor Astral Projection should work. It's similar to what Sharingan users like Sasuke and Obito could do, and that's what we decided to give them, so it should work for this as well.
Pretty sure this ability is currently accepted as Corrosion Inducement (unless that was changed while I was away?). Either way, Minato getting Resistance is fine to me.
His stamina should be updated to include the fact that he was still able to use a sealing jutsu after being slashed across the chest, maintain it after being stabbed, and still manage to send his chakra into Kushina to battle Kurama. Last but not least, Jiraiya's statement about him having an incredible ninjutsu sense could also potentially be added to his intelligence section, along with him completing at least the first step of Rasengan in seemingly one training session.
This is all fine.
Obito withstood Minato's Rasengan, so his durability should somewhat scale to it despite being injured, and Konan blew up his right arm. While I do have my issues with this line of scaling as I think YM Obito>OM Obito, that's a topic for another time, so for now she should scale to 15.55 gigatons, which isn't contradictory since she didn't use her explosives on anyone else.

Attack Potency: Unknown physically, Island level with Dance of the Shikigami (Mortally wounded Obito with her explosive tags[14] [15.55 Gigatons]), far higher with Kami no Shisha no Jutsu (The Jutsu allows her to control and detonate 600 billion Explosive Tags simultaneously, which she used to kill Obito, forcing him to use Izanagi[15])
Like Arc said, since I disagree with 11/15 GT Rasengan, this kinda doesn't work by extension.
As for Kushina, the first revision I'm proposing is a bit contentious, but I think she should get be possibly 15 gigatons with Rasengan, as the jutsu was made for HER specifically to counter Bijuudamas. We never see her use it and it's not explicitly stated that she can, but it's heavily implied that he would teach it to her, and he had no reason to go back on this. Her V1 and V2 states should also be added. V1 kinda has nothing other than being above base as it just injures offguard Teen Minato, but she should at least scale to 1T Kid Naruto, maybe 2x stronger given the whole Kurama thing (though I'm not sure about that in this case, since I think a number of tails can have variance in strength, just like I don't think Neji fight KN0 Naruto scales to LoW KN0 Naruto), and she's almost certainly stronger than KN0 Naruto. V2 Kushina is 11.36 gigatons, and while this doesn't actually change her rating, maybe the fact that she restrained Kurama even when not at her prime should be added to her LS justification.

Attack Potency: Unknown (She has showcased no feats of her own without her chains), possibly Town level (As a jōnin, she should be comparable to the CS2 Sound Four, since Kidomaru belived that fighting two jōnin would be difficult[11] and later claimed that if they held back against said jōnin, they'd have been killed[12]), likely City level+ with One-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak (Should at least be comparable to One-Tailed Kyubi Cloak Naruto. Injured Teen Minato, though he was offguard), Island level with Adamantine Sealing Chains (Karin Uzumaki’s chains were described as a mere "glimpse" of Kushina's.[13] Naruto aspired to become as powerful as Kushina, which should make her stronger than him in Sage Mode[14] [4.3 Gigatons]), higher with Seven-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak (Should be more than twice as strong as Six-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak Naruto, as she has more tails of chakra and has 100% Kurama compared to Naruto's 50% Kurama. Pierced through Teen Minato [11.36 Gigatons]), even higher with Nine-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak (Stronger than before), possibly higher with Rasengan (The jutsu was specifically created for Kushina to be able to counter Bijuudamas) [15.55 Gigatons]

Lifting Strength: Unknown
, Class T with Chakra chains (Can restrain Kurama, and even somewhat restrained Kurama when she was younger and weaker)

Striking Strength: Unknown, possibly Town level (Should be comparable to other jōnin), likely City level+ with One-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak (Should at least be comparable to One-Tailed Kyubi Cloak Naruto), Island level with Seven-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak (More than twice as strong as Six-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak Naruto), even higher with Nine-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak

Durability: Unknown, possibly Town level (Comparable to her striking strength), likely City level+ with One-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak, Island level with Seven-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak, higher with Nine-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak, Large Country level with Adamantine Sealing Chains (Even while on the brink of death, Kushina's chains were capable of restraining Kurama, with him being completely unable to break free.[16] The Databook reiterated that Kurama could not break the chains[13] [196.7 Teratons]) and barriers (Even while on the brink of death, she was able to erect a barrier that could contain Kurama[17])
I disagree with giving her a rating for the Rasengan. Like, hypothetically, I can see the logic being used here, but I don't see it as being enough to add to the profile. We don't know if she ever learned the technique, and more importantly, we never saw her use it. Could she have learned it? Maybe, but we don't add abilities that we have literally zero indication if the user even knows how to perform them. If we had confirmation that she knew how to do it, I wouldn't have even disagreed with the logic used to grant the 15 GT scaling, at least for a possibly/likely rating, but unfortunately we have zero confirmation that she can use it.

Her Tailed forms scaling above Naruto is fine, though.
Roshi's profile should include the fact that along with Han, he defeated Team Jiraiya seemingly without a scratch, and him displaying no feats should be replaced with him displaying no feats without Son Goku's chakra.

Attack Potency: Unknown (Displayed no feats without the aid of Son Goku) | Unknown, Island level with V2 (Should be comparable to Killer B, whose Version 2 was stated to have the power of a Bijū trapped in humanoid form[10]. Should be comparable to the other V2 Jinchūriki, who could contend with KCM Naruto [4.3 Gigatons]) | Island level (Harmed Gyūki by slamming him down[11][12]. Easily defeated Third War Jiraiya and Teen Minato alongside Han, forcing them to retreat [4.3 Gigatons]), Island level+ with Bijuudama (The Bijuu’s ultimate technique[13]. His Bijuudama is this strong[14] [64.4 Gigatons])
This is fine.
Tsunade's healing should be updated to include the fact that she healed a hole in Minato's torso.

Powers and Abilities: Healing on a physical, mental, and Spiritual level (As the world's most skilled Medical Ninja, her healing abilities are unmatched. She has performed many seemingly impossible feats in the medical field such as healing the psychological damage inflicted upon Sasuke and Kakashi by Tsukuyomi with a mere touch, healing Rock Lee's spine injury which was deemed a helpless case, counteracted the effects of the Three Coloured Pills with instructions from the Nara Clan's Sacred Medical Guide, analyzed and neutralized the poisons of renowned experts such as Chiyo of the Sand, healing a hole in Minato's torso, and much more. She was also noted to be the only one capable of healing Orochimaru's arms, which had their soul sealed away and lost their ability to function, even though Orochimaru had the aid of a competent Medical Ninja such as Kabuto. She was able to effortlessly heal Shikamaru, when even Sakura and his Kyuubi cloak's healing were barely keeping him alive. When linked up with Katsuyu, she can heal thousands of people at once)
This is quite Bueno.

I stumbled upon Arc's reply to these portions. I'm gonna save us all some time and effort, because he pretty much already said everything I wanted to say myself, so yeah, I agree with Arc's take on this.
cover8.jpg

I'm sorry for being late asf to this.

So I was gonna reply to all of this in detail, but then I skimmed the thread to see if any of the arguments were addressed/concluded already, and I stumbled upon Arc's reply to these portions. I'm gonna save us all some time and effort, because he pretty much already said everything I wanted to say myself, so yeah, I agree with Arc's take on this.
I did give a rebuttal to Arc's latest argument, which I think, especially regarding the explosion part, is pretty notable.
First off, I'm firmly in the camp that this is a skill comparison statement, personally.
Secondly, yeah this can be added to both Minato's Sealing P&A justification, as well as his Intelligence section.

Yes, this should be more than fine to add to his Sealing justification.

Minor Astral Projection should work. It's similar to what Sharingan users like Sasuke and Obito could do, and that's what we decided to give them, so it should work for this as well.

Pretty sure this ability is currently accepted as Corrosion Inducement (unless that was changed while I was away?). Either way, Minato getting Resistance is fine to me.

This is all fine.
Ite
Like Arc said, since I disagree with 11/15 GT Rasengan, this kinda doesn't work by extension.
well-see-about-that-jack-donaghy.gif

I disagree with giving her a rating for the Rasengan. Like, hypothetically, I can see the logic being used here, but I don't see it as being enough to add to the profile. We don't know if she ever learned the technique, and more importantly, we never saw her use it. Could she have learned it? Maybe, but we don't add abilities that we have literally zero indication if the user even knows how to perform them. If we had confirmation that she knew how to do it, I wouldn't have even disagreed with the logic used to grant the 15 GT scaling, at least for a possibly/likely rating, but unfortunately we have zero confirmation that she can use it.
Ehhh sure
Her Tailed forms scaling above Naruto is fine, though.

This is fine.

This is quite Bueno.
🔥

Just scale Minato >2x above the sage Naruto that slapped 50% Kurama in his head while restrained by Kushina and call it a day 🗿

@UchihaSlayer96 How would the Minato~Hashirama statement be described in intelligence terms? Also is adding the extra justification to Kushina's LS fine (and looking at her profile again, her feat of restraining Kurama in the first place too)?

Last edited:
I've applied the accepted changes for Minato and Kushina (the Roshi and Tsunade additions have already been done cause of Damage's approval).

@UchihaSlayer96 How would the Minato~Hashirama statement be described in intelligence terms?
Uhhh, maybe sumn along the lines of:
'Was stated by Kurama to be a Shinobi of the highest caliber, rivaling even the likes of Hashirama Senju, who was known as a God of Shinobi, and was even praised by Madara Uchiha as "The Ultimate Shinobi"'.'
Something like that should work. Just add scans and references and all that jazz, and you'll be good.
Also is adding the extra justification to Kushina's LS fine (and looking at her profile again, her feat of restraining Kurama in the first place too)?
Yeah, it's definitely fine. But you know the drill, scans, references, yadayada.
I did give a rebuttal to Arc's latest argument, which I think, especially regarding the explosion part, is pretty notable.
I'll give it a look over later. Would help if you quote it too, thanks.

Last edited:
Kushina's chains aren't shown reducing the amount of Kurama chakra leaking out, just keeping more from getting out, as we see Kushina has 3 tails when Minato starts suppressing Kurama and still has 3 tails after she wraps him and wakes up (at the very least nothing proves that she sealed his chakra since the point of Minato using a sealing jutsu was to prevent more of Kurama's chakra from coming out, which seemed to be working at the time given Kurama's amazement). Also, even if Kurama himself was weakened by her chains, he'd already been charging his Bijuudama when she was in V2, AKA the V2 level chakra is already outside his body which she's suppressing, so all that'd do is make the process of powering it up slower, not make the Bijuudama weaker than V2 Kushina. At the very least, possibly 11.36 gigatons is warranted, since as you said it's unquantifiable, meaning she could very well still have 6T or more out even if she was reducing his chakra, and she'd have to lose more than 5 tails of potent V2 chakra with a single squeeze to be below 8.6 gigatons, since even 4T Naruto is 4.3 gigatons.

Sure but it's not like he just slams the Bijuudama away, he's pushing into it and forcing it to explode, and it clashing with the chakra sphere doesn't mean it doesn't also clash with the explosion since we see it exploding and engulfing everything in white. Them exploding together just makes more sense with the framing of the page (and Minato surviving it despite being sub-Bijuu level physically, but we'll get to that later). Even if not, V2 9T Kurama is much stronger than the other Bijuu, so Kurama's uncharged Bijuudama~Minato's Rasengan~/>Other Bijuu's Bijuudama explosion doesn't cause any issues.

Also think about the fact that Minato saw the Bijuudamas exploding, which would be a much better measure of strength than just seeing a ball (even if you argue he sensed the ball's chakra, the chakra of the eventual explosion should've already been inside the sphere, just wasn't released yet). He's literally staring at the explosion commenting on its power and then thinks about Kushina. Seems pretty implicative that the Rasengan is meant to match the explosion, not just the projectile.

Multitude of instances?

Was he a good ways away? The only thing separating him and the Bijuudama was a tiny Rasengan. Also I doubt Minato had Bijuu level physicals at this point given that he and Team Jiraiya were losing to Roshi and Han even before they brought out the Bijuudamas, to the point that Roshi basically mocked them. This ain't Prime Minato we're talking about, he quite literally has no physical feats above 7-A at this point other than the vague redirecting KN7 Kushina thing, which I'd argue someone High 7-A could possibly do.

If Minato was the only one affected and just lost then you might have a point, but apparently a similar effect was achieved the other way around given that the blast was enough to push Kurama's chakra back inside Kushina.

I think having ~16 year old Minato downscaling massively from 11.36 GT as support for 24 year old Minato being 4.3 GT is fine.

It seems to more be about the potency of his sealing jutsu tho. Like it's not that big a deal but it doesn't particularly seem like an intelligence statement to me.

Hopefully I lived up to your expectations 🙏

Uhhhh, well, after reading everything from both sides............I think I'm most in favor of Minato's feats from the one-shot being added to his justification as support, and him receiving a higher or far higher with the Rasengan. I think both sides have merit, but neither is objectively correct, so I feel like this would be an acceptable compromise IMO.

W Slayer! Do you mean the same justification as in the OP but without noting the specific value?
Pretty much. Only thing I don't really agree with is him redirecting V2 Kushina's strike, but the justification for the Rasengan is fine with me.
Can't wait for the reply in 3-7 business days.
I replied quickly just to spite you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back