• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MinatoSparkle

He/Him
As most of you probably know, the Minato one shot just dropped, and with it we got some very interesting new feats and statements. I'll talk about each character and their relevant scaling in separate sections, starting with the main man himself.

In probably the most infamous panel from the one shot, Minato's Rasengan clashed with Kurama's Bijuudama, and in the next page we see that that subdued Kurama, pushing his chakra back inside Kushina. This could hypothetically be used to scale Minato to High 6-B, but given how many scaling issues that would case, this is obviously not true. I wouldn't even say him scaling to 42 gigatons if Juubi scaling was dropped is particularly consistent. Instead, let's look at the surrounding context. Kurama was still technically sealed at the time, unlike when Naruto fought him after fully opening the seal. So Minato probably shouldn't scale to Kurama's full power. If anything, Minato's Rasengan would scale to V2 Kushina as that's how much of Kurama's chakra had come out of her at the time. Of course, V2 Kushina has no feats other than piercing through Teen Minato whose durability doesn't scale anywhere, but she should logically scale above 6T Naruto as she has more tails of chakra in addition to the fact that she has 100% Kurama rather than Naruto's 50%. Given that 6T Naruto scales to 5.68 gigatons, V2 Kushina should be >11.36 gigatons, and so Minato's Rasengan should scale there too. This is rather consistent as Minato specifically made the Rasengan to counter Bijuudamas after seeing Roshi and Han using them, and basic Bijuudamas are 15.55 gigatons. Thus Minato's Rasengan should scale to that value as well.

There are some counterarguments to this, but I don't think they're particularly strong. You can say Kushina was restraining Kurama, but absolutely nowhere are those stated to suppress chakra or power, so if anything all they'd do by clamping around his neck is make it harder for him to dodge. You could also say that Kurama hadn't actually fired the Bijuudama, so Minato was just pushing the stationary Bijuudama into Kurama like what Bee did to the Juubi, but these situations are quite different. In that moment, the Juubi had covered his eyes so he couldn't actually see what was happening and try to push back. By the time he noticed, the Bijuudama could've already been down his throat as it was at the base of his mouth from the start (think of how it's harder to regurgitate something partway down your throat then it is to spit something out of your mouth). Whereas here, Kurama is obviously fully aware of what's happening and can attempt to push back. If Bijuudamas are really so easily pushable before they're fired, then this clash couldn't have happened like it did. It's also not at all suggested that Minato was pushing Kurama's Bijuudama back, as it seems to just shake upon collision then explode, which makes sense since Minato's whole body is bandaged despite only being slashed along the chest and stabbed in the stomach prior to this moment. Which also lowkey suggests that he has Bijuudama level durability, but I'll let staff decide what they think of that, cause I'm not completely certain about it due to the vagueness of the scene and the fact that V2 Kushina stabbed through him. Then there's the classic argument that mental realm battles aren't applicable to the real world, but then why was an injury received there applied to real Minato? Not to mention the fact that like I talked about in another CRT, Minato is literally just projecting his chakra into Kushina to fight Kurama's chakra, there's no logical way it couldn't scale. Chakra is chakra regardless of where it is.

There's also possibly a good feat in the moment where V2 Kushina stabbed Minato. It seems like Minato might've redirected Kushina's thrust slightly (similar to this moment), since when we see it, his left arm is around her claw, and it makes sense as Kurama has no reason to aim for Minato's stomach rather than his heart or another more vital point. Obviously Minato doesn't outright scale to V2 Kushina as she literally stabbed through him, but given that she's >11.36 gigatons, I think this could be added as a supporting feat for him physically being 4 gigatons (especially since he currently doesn't have any physical feats at all on his profile).

Then there's the other most infamous statement, Kurama saying that Minato is on Hashirama's level. This obviously doesn't mean Teen Minato = Shinsuu Senju as he fled at the sight of Bijuudamas, but given the way he's wording it and the fact that it's a comment after seeing his sealing, this should either mean Minato's sealing ability or his general skill with ninjutsu is relative to Hashirama's. I'm honestly neutral on which it is since context suggests it's just about his sealing, but the way Kurama says it makes it sound like a holistic comparison. I'm not sure exactly where that should be noted though, maybe put it in the description next to sealing in his powers and abilities?

Minato temporarily restraining Kurama with his sealing, the feat that earned the Hashirama comparison, should definitely be added in his P&A. Additionally, Kushina implied that she wanted to teach every Uzumaki fuinjutsu to Minato. I'm not sure what this ability is called, but Minato is able to send his chakra into Kushina to fight Kurama (not adding that to my profile suggestions below yet as I don't know what to name it). He should have heat resistance, as he could touch V2 Kushina without issues despite V2 Naruto's skin burning Orochimaru's snakes. His stamina should be updated to include the fact that he was still able to use a sealing jutsu after being slashed across the chest, maintain it after being stabbed, and still manage to send his chakra into Kushina to battle Kurama. Last but not least, Jiraiya's statement about him having an incredible ninjutsu sense could also potentially be added to his intelligence section, along with him completing at least the first step of Rasengan in seemingly one training session.

Powers and Abilities: ...Sealing (Was taught many sealing jutsu by Kushina Uzumaki such as the Eight Signed Seal, which sealed 50% Kurama. Even as a teen, he temporarily suppressed Kurama's chakra, making him compare Minato's abilities to Hashirama's), Soul Removal (With the Dead Demon Consuming Seal), Resistance to Heat Manipulation (Touched V2 Kushina's skin without any damage, despite it burning Orochimaru's snakes)...

Attack Potency: Island level (Heavily implied to be stronger than old Hiruzen, and to be capable of defeating Orochimaru.[16] He is stronger than a younger Hiruzen, as he defeated him in a fight when he was a Jonin.[17] This is supported by the fact that the strongest shinobi in the village is usually selected to be Hokage, which is further supported by Hiruzen and the rest of the Shinobi battling Nine-Tails waiting for his arrival and support.[18] Even the likes of Jiraiya considered him a Shinobi with unparalleled talent.[19] A considers him a rival, if not a superior, and has stated that they fought many times.[20] It was also stated that after crossing blades many times, Minato and the AB team's power became mutually recognized[21] [4.3 Gigatons]), higher with Sage Mode (Much stronger than his base form, as Sage Mode is stated to dramatically enhance one's Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu[22]), far higher with Rasengan (Minato created the Rasengan to counter Bijuudamas. He clashed with a Bijuudama from Kurama who had a large amount of his chakra released) [15.55 Gigatons] | Island level (Should not be much weaker than his alive self, as the Hokage were revived at near their full strength[23] [4.3 Gigatons]), higher with Sage Mode (Sage Mode drastically enhances one's Ninjutsu, Genjutsu, and Taijutsu), far higher with Rasengan (Should not be much weaker than his alive self's Rasengan. In Sage Mode, he was able to injure War Arc Kakashi with his Rasengan,[24] even though Kakashi teleported it away before it made full contact with him[25] [15.55 Gigatons])

Striking Strength: Island level (Superior to Old Hiruzen and Orochimaru. Comparable to A. Seemed to slightly redirect KN7 Kushina's thrust away from his heart with his left arm), higher with Sage Mode (Significantly stronger than before) | Island level (Should be somewhat comparable to his alive self), higher with Sage Mode (Significantly stronger than before)

Stamina: Superhuman (Has a considerable amount of chakra in his base form. He got up, ran up to Kushina, and used a sealing jutsu immediately after being slashed across the chest. Even after being stabbed through his torso, he maintained his sealing jutsu and sent his chakra inside Kushina to battle Kurama. He has higher reserves of chakra with Kurama. He has Nigh-Unlimited Stamina as an Edo Tensei)

Intelligence: Genius (Held in very high regard for his combat prowess and skill- often being called a genius. He created the Rasengan by observing a Tailed Beast Bomb, an A-Rank jutsu that represents the pinnacle of chakra shape transformation that few are able to learn. Exceptionally talented and efficient in using his space-time jutsu, the Flying Raijin- using it even more effectively than its creator, Tobirama Senju. He was also able to figure out how Obito Uchiha's Kamui worked in a very short timeframe, as well as immediately counter it afterwards with a perfectly timed Flying Raijin Level 2. Upon seeing Kakashi's Chidori for the first time, he instantly understood why the jutsu should not be used again, due to his lack of perceptional speed keep up with it's travel speed- despite all he was seeing was that Kakashi simply missed. After one training session, he completed the first step in the Rasengan's creation, making Jiraiya praise him as a ninjutsu genius)

Obito withstood Minato's Rasengan, so his durability should somewhat scale to it despite being injured, and Konan blew up his right arm. While I do have my issues with this line of scaling as I think YM Obito>OM Obito, that's a topic for another time, so for now she should scale to 15.55 gigatons, which isn't contradictory since she didn't use her explosives on anyone else.

Attack Potency: Unknown physically, Island level with Dance of the Shikigami (Mortally wounded Obito with her explosive tags[14] [15.55 Gigatons]), far higher with Kami no Shisha no Jutsu (The Jutsu allows her to control and detonate 600 billion Explosive Tags simultaneously, which she used to kill Obito, forcing him to use Izanagi[15])

As for Kushina, the first revision I'm proposing is a bit contentious, but I think she should get be possibly 15 gigatons with Rasengan, as the jutsu was made for HER specifically to counter Bijuudamas. We never see her use it and it's not explicitly stated that she can, but it's heavily implied that he would teach it to her, and he had no reason to go back on this. Her V1 and V2 states should also be added. V1 kinda has nothing other than being above base as it just injures offguard Teen Minato, but she should at least scale to 1T Kid Naruto, maybe 2x stronger given the whole Kurama thing (though I'm not sure about that in this case, since I think a number of tails can have variance in strength, just like I don't think Neji fight KN0 Naruto scales to LoW KN0 Naruto), and she's almost certainly stronger than KN0 Naruto. V2 Kushina is 11.36 gigatons, and while this doesn't actually change her rating, maybe the fact that she restrained Kurama even when not at her prime should be added to her LS justification.

Attack Potency: Unknown (She has showcased no feats of her own without her chains), possibly Town level (As a jōnin, she should be comparable to the CS2 Sound Four, since Kidomaru belived that fighting two jōnin would be difficult[11] and later claimed that if they held back against said jōnin, they'd have been killed[12]), likely City level+ with One-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak (Should at least be comparable to One-Tailed Kyubi Cloak Naruto. Injured Teen Minato, though he was offguard), Island level with Adamantine Sealing Chains (Karin Uzumaki’s chains were described as a mere "glimpse" of Kushina's.[13] Naruto aspired to become as powerful as Kushina, which should make her stronger than him in Sage Mode[14] [4.3 Gigatons]), higher with Seven-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak (Should be more than twice as strong as Six-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak Naruto, as she has more tails of chakra and has 100% Kurama compared to Naruto's 50% Kurama. Pierced through Teen Minato [11.36 Gigatons]), even higher with Nine-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak (Stronger than before), possibly higher with Rasengan (The jutsu was specifically created for Kushina to be able to counter Bijuudamas) [15.55 Gigatons]

Lifting Strength: Unknown
, Class T with Chakra chains (Can restrain Kurama, and even somewhat restrained Kurama when she was younger and weaker)

Striking Strength: Unknown, possibly Town level (Should be comparable to other jōnin), likely City level+ with One-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak (Should at least be comparable to One-Tailed Kyubi Cloak Naruto), Island level with Seven-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak (More than twice as strong as Six-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak Naruto), even higher with Nine-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak

Durability: Unknown, possibly Town level (Comparable to her striking strength), likely City level+ with One-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak, Island level with Seven-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak, higher with Nine-Tailed Kyūbi Cloak, Large Country level with Adamantine Sealing Chains (Even while on the brink of death, Kushina's chains were capable of restraining Kurama, with him being completely unable to break free.[16] The Databook reiterated that Kurama could not break the chains[13] [196.7 Teratons]) and barriers (Even while on the brink of death, she was able to erect a barrier that could contain Kurama[17])

Roshi's profile should include the fact that along with Han, he defeated Team Jiraiya seemingly without a scratch, and him displaying no feats should be replaced with him displaying no feats without Son Goku's chakra.

Attack Potency: Unknown (Displayed no feats without the aid of Son Goku) | Unknown, Island level with V2 (Should be comparable to Killer B, whose Version 2 was stated to have the power of a Bijū trapped in humanoid form[10]. Should be comparable to the other V2 Jinchūriki, who could contend with KCM Naruto [4.3 Gigatons]) | Island level (Harmed Gyūki by slamming him down[11][12]. Easily defeated Third War Jiraiya and Teen Minato alongside Han, forcing them to retreat [4.3 Gigatons]), Island level+ with Bijuudama (The Bijuu’s ultimate technique[13]. His Bijuudama is this strong[14] [64.4 Gigatons])

Tsunade's healing should be updated to include the fact that she healed a hole in Minato's torso.

Powers and Abilities: Healing on a physical, mental, and Spiritual level (As the world's most skilled Medical Ninja, her healing abilities are unmatched. She has performed many seemingly impossible feats in the medical field such as healing the psychological damage inflicted upon Sasuke and Kakashi by Tsukuyomi with a mere touch, healing Rock Lee's spine injury which was deemed a helpless case, counteracted the effects of the Three Coloured Pills with instructions from the Nara Clan's Sacred Medical Guide, analyzed and neutralized the poisons of renowned experts such as Chiyo of the Sand, healing a hole in Minato's torso, and much more. She was also noted to be the only one capable of healing Orochimaru's arms, which had their soul sealed away and lost their ability to function, even though Orochimaru had the aid of a competent Medical Ninja such as Kabuto. She was able to effortlessly heal Shikamaru, when even Sakura and his Kyuubi cloak's healing were barely keeping him alive. When linked up with Katsuyu, she can heal thousands of people at once)

Last edited:
Yeah I'm actually surprised how much I don't completely disagree with it but I'll see what everyone else has to say abt it first

Oh brother they got 410'd again 😭 I'm just gonna wait till I get home to replace them again and hopefully the website's more stable then

You could also just put in parentheses the page numbers next to the scans so when they inevitably don’t work we can just find it ourselves

I can definitely see arguments against Kurama, with the whole being restrained by Kushina and being somewhat sealed by Minato (though I wouldn’t mind High 6-B Minato). What about scaling to the 64 Gigatons that Minato saw firsthand and wanted to create the Rasengan to counter, wouldn’t it at least scale to that?

I can definitely see arguments against Kurama, with the whole being restrained by Kushina and being somewhat sealed by Minato (though I wouldn’t mind High 6-B Minato). What about scaling to the 64 Gigatons that Minato saw firsthand and wanted to create the Rasengan to counter, wouldn’t it at least scale to that?
I talked about this in the CRT, I'm just lowballing the Bijuudama value to 15.5 GT since we don't know if they were as charged as the WA ones and 15.5 GT is the value for a quickly charged Bijuudama.

This seems mostly fine. But I do wonder if there are more characters that can scale to this such as Naruto's Rasenshuriken.

So, the chakra that came out of Kushina was used for the judging? But when we see Naruto fighting Kurama and already releasing the seal, the chakra that comes out of Naruto's body is even V1 not V2.

So, the chakra that came out of Kushina was used for the judging? But when we see Naruto fighting Kurama and already releasing the seal, the chakra that comes out of Naruto's body is even V1 not V2.
I believe it's cause Yamato was trying to suppress Naruto's physical transformation with Mokuton IIRC, I could be wrong though.

I believe it's cause Yamato was trying to suppress Naruto's physical transformation with Mokuton IIRC, I could be wrong though.
So, Minato's technique also restrained Kushina's bijuu transformation, right? Therefore, the transformation that came out of Kushina's body becomes less convincing as a parameter for evaluation.

I wonder if Hashirama's wood release techniques are related to the divine tree, because that mf does suck up an entire planet's energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back