• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm only going to respond to the stuff that catches my eye, so if I don't touch on it, it's safe to assume I just don't care 🔥

In probably the most infamous panel from the one shot, Minato's Rasengan clashed with Kurama's Bijuudama, and in the next page we see that that subdued Kurama, pushing his chakra back inside Kushina. This could hypothetically be used to scale Minato to High 6-B, but given how many scaling issues that would case, this is obviously not true. I wouldn't even say him scaling to 42 gigatons if Juubi scaling was dropped is particularly consistent. Instead, let's look at the surrounding context. Kurama was still technically sealed at the time, unlike when Naruto fought him after fully opening the seal. So Minato probably shouldn't scale to Kurama's full power. If anything, Minato's Rasengan would scale to V2 Kushina as that's how much of Kurama's chakra had come out of her at the time. Of course, V2 Kushina has no feats other than piercing through Teen Minato whose durability doesn't scale anywhere, but she should logically scale above 6T Naruto as she has more tails of chakra in addition to the fact that she has 100% Kurama rather than Naruto's 50%. Given that 6T Naruto scales to 5.68 gigatons, V2 Kushina should be >11.36 gigatons, and so Minato's Rasengan should scale there too. This is rather consistent as Minato specifically made the Rasengan to counter Bijuudamas after seeing Roshi and Han using them, and basic Bijuudamas are 15.55 gigatons. Thus Minato's Rasengan should scale to that value as well.

The bolded portions are what I take issue with primarily. First, you make the claim that Minato's Rasengan should scale to V2 Kushina since that's form she had enough Kurama power to use. However, the order of events contradicts that a bit. We have Kushina go V1 and pimp smack Minato with her tails (VIZ p. 28-29), then Minato starts to add his own seal on Kushina weakening Kurama's influence/power (VIZ p. 30-31), Kushina then attempts to seal Kurama further with her chains (VIZ p. 40-41), but Kurama begins charging a Bijuudama and rips off Kushina's sealing chains causing Kushina to go V2 and Rin-diff Minato (VIZ p. 42-43), but but Minato stays up and continues pumping chakra into the seal he as on Kushina and starts to insert himself in her mental realm (VIZ p. 44-45), then Kushina is able to actually get her chains around Kurama to restrain him as Kurama is trying to charge the Bijuudama (VIZ p. 46-47), then finally Minato clashes with chained up Kurama's unformed Bijuudama (VIZ p. 48-49). The important thing to pay attention to is what happened in between Kushina going V2 and Minato clashing with an unformed Bijuudama, that being, Kurama gets further restrained by Kushina's chains before the clash even occurs. And we don't see how that affects Kushina's outward appearance/tailed form. So, you cannot make the claim that Kushina had V2 levels of power that Minato matched. All we can claim is that the Kurama power Kushina had during the clash would be unquantifiably weaker than her V2 state, since she started sealing and restraining Kurama. To display it in a scaling chain: V2 Kushina's Kurama Power > Kushina's Kurama Power Post-Chains ~ Minato's chakra insertion. That's all presupposing we can even use this mental realm clash for anything scaling related, since atm we don't consider mental realm fights as scaleable. I don't really care to debate about that, hence why I tackled the argument presupposing mental realm scaling is valid.

Second, you claim that Minato making the Rasengan to counter Bijuudama means that it must scale to an exploded Bijuudama. 15.55 GT is the value for a non-charged up Bijuudama's explosion. However, when we actually see what the Rasengan can do and how it can match a Bijuudama, it's via clashing with an unexploded, unformed Bijuudama. So, there's no reason to assume that the Rasengan is designed to clash with the explosion as opposed to slamming into the massive chakra sphere (which we see happen) instead. It's an unsubstantiated high-end interpretation for the Rasengan's AP. Since an unexploded Bijuudama's scaling is just vaguely above a Bijuu's physicals, it would just mean that the Rasengan narratively would only have to vaguely scale above 4.3 GT. Hence, I disagree with Minato's Rasengan scaling quantifiably above 4.3 GT.

There are some counterarguments to this, but I don't think they're particularly strong. You can say Kushina was restraining Kurama, but absolutely nowhere are those stated to suppress chakra or power, so if anything all they'd do by clamping around his neck is make it harder for him to dodge. You could also say that Kurama hadn't actually fired the Bijuudama, so Minato was just pushing the stationary Bijuudama into Kurama like what Bee did to the Juubi, but these situations are quite different. In that moment, the Juubi had covered his eyes so he couldn't actually see what was happening and try to push back. By the time he noticed, the Bijuudama could've already been down his throat as it was at the base of his mouth from the start (think of how it's harder to regurgitate something partway down your throat then it is to spit something out of your mouth). Whereas here, Kurama is obviously fully aware of what's happening and can attempt to push back. If Bijuudamas are really so easily pushable before they're fired, then this clash couldn't have happened like it did. It's also not at all suggested that Minato was pushing Kurama's Bijuudama back, as it seems to just shake upon collision then explode, which makes sense since Minato's whole body is bandaged despite only being slashed along the chest and stabbed in the stomach prior to this moment. Which also lowkey suggests that he has Bijuudama level durability, but I'll let staff decide what they think of that, cause I'm not completely certain about it due to the vagueness of the scene and the fact that V2 Kushina stabbed through him. Then there's the classic argument that mental realm battles aren't applicable to the real world, but then why was an injury received there applied to real Minato? Not to mention the fact that like I talked about in another CRT, Minato is literally just projecting his chakra into Kushina to fight Kurama's chakra, there's no logical way it couldn't scale. Chakra is chakra regardless of where it is.

Again, bolded parts are where my disagreements lay. We actually directly see that Kushina's chains can restrain Kurama's power, as the second Kurama rips off some of the chains Kushina enters the V2 state. Not to mention the multitude of instances that all but blatantly state that the chains restrain Kurama's power. So, I heavily disagree with the notion that the chakra chains that are a defensive sealing jutsu only restrict Kurama's movement.

Next, you claim that Minato being damaged all over supports your premise of Minato's Rasengan being 15.55 GT. However, that isn't at all the case whatsoever, and explosion physics can explain this. First, if the unformed Bijuudama did explode, Minato was a good ways away from the epicenter, and by eyeballing his surface area with the where the explosion's surface area would reach him, the yield Minato experienced would easily be less than half of what the full yield of the explosion is. Then you get to thinking, Minato would likely have around Bijuu level physicals (or at least not far from it), plus the fact that the Rasengan (which I agree at least as Bijuu level physicals worth of AP) lessening the blast, and suddenly Minato surviving the blast becomes self-explained. Minato does not have to equal the exploded Bijuudama's AP in order to survive the blast. He's not at the epicenter, so he isn't taking the full yield, his Rasengan is lessening the blast, and Minato is already extremely powerful as is. And even then the blast still did some major damage, as you pointed out, even parts of his body not hit by Kushina were heavily bandaged up. So, rather than that context you add supporting your claim, I think it does the opposite and demonstrates that Minato is not outputting exploded Bijuudama levels of power.

There's also possibly a good feat in the moment where V2 Kushina stabbed Minato. It seems like Minato might've redirected Kushina's thrust slightly (similar to this moment), since when we see it, his left arm is around her claw, and it makes sense as Kurama has no reason to aim for Minato's stomach rather than his heart or another more vital point. Obviously Minato doesn't outright scale to V2 Kushina as she literally stabbed through him, but given that she's >11.36 gigatons, I think this could be added as a supporting feat for him physically being 4 gigatons (especially since he currently doesn't have any physical feats at all on his profile).

Yeah this definitely doesn't mean Minato scales anywhere near V2 Kushina, but like ig you can argue that him redirecting the attack slightly supports the notion that he's weaker. Idk if this really does much for highlighting justifying his physicals tho, since it's very blatant that V2 Kushina would maul Minato.

Then there's the other most infamous statement, Kurama saying that Minato is on Hashirama's level. This obviously doesn't mean Teen Minato = Shinsuu Senju as he fled at the sight of Bijuudamas, but given the way he's wording it and the fact that it's a comment after seeing his sealing, this should either mean Minato's sealing ability or his general skill with ninjutsu is relative to Hashirama's. I'm honestly neutral on which it is since context suggests it's just about his sealing, but the way Kurama says it makes it sound like a holistic comparison. I'm not sure exactly where that should be noted though, maybe put it in the description next to sealing in his powers and abilities?

Considering Kurama says this immediately after seeing Minato's sealing jutsu, so I'd agree that it's referring to his sealing jutsu prowess/skill. Um as for where it can be mentioned, ig intelligence? I think that's where skill stuff goes.

Obviously then I don't think anything other than 4.3 GT should go on Minato's AP section, I disagree with his Rasengan being 11-16 GT. Which in turn means I think those appearing on the other people's stats is wrong as well. Except Kushina is fine since her scaling is connected to Naruto's tailed states which is fine. My issue is moreso with the Rasengan scaling. The P&A shit is probably all fine.

Yeah idk if I will respond frequently here, cuz I'm going to Florida in two days for an extended weekend. But if you (sparkle) bring sumn up that's new that I think warrants a response, best believe I will.

Yeah idk if I will respond frequently here, cuz I'm going to Florida
Your poor soul....

Look out for the booty tickle bandit, and the guy who dresses like a cow to get jerked off by people thinking they are milking a cow, and that guy who fought 15 cops while high on meth with one hand being used to jerk off...and pretty much the entire population of Florida itself...

Look out for the booty tickle bandit, and the guy who dresses like a cow to get jerked off by people thinking they are milking a cow, and that guy who fought 15 cops while high on meth with one hand being used to jerk off...and pretty much the entire population of Florida itself...
I'm deleting Florida off the map, that's why I need the extended weekend

Arc and Godernet are linking up like Pooh Shiesty and Spotemgottem.

84e3bab4749a80beb8fe27db4c658e577638940c345c2250ea292ce2bdb43744_1.jpg

The bolded portions are what I take issue with primarily. First, you make the claim that Minato's Rasengan should scale to V2 Kushina since that's form she had enough Kurama power to use. However, the order of events contradicts that a bit. We have Kushina go V1 and pimp smack Minato with her tails (VIZ p. 28-29), then Minato starts to add his own seal on Kushina weakening Kurama's influence/power (VIZ p. 30-31), Kushina then attempts to seal Kurama further with her chains (VIZ p. 40-41), but Kurama begins charging a Bijuudama and rips off Kushina's sealing chains causing Kushina to go V2 and Rin-diff Minato (VIZ p. 42-43), but but Minato stays up and continues pumping chakra into the seal he as on Kushina and starts to insert himself in her mental realm (VIZ p. 44-45), then Kushina is able to actually get her chains around Kurama to restrain him as Kurama is trying to charge the Bijuudama (VIZ p. 46-47), then finally Minato clashes with chained up Kurama's unformed Bijuudama (VIZ p. 48-49). The important thing to pay attention to is what happened in between Kushina going V2 and Minato clashing with an unformed Bijuudama, that being, Kurama gets further restrained by Kushina's chains before the clash even occurs. And we don't see how that affects Kushina's outward appearance/tailed form. So, you cannot make the claim that Kushina had V2 levels of power that Minato matched. All we can claim is that the Kurama power Kushina had during the clash would be unquantifiably weaker than her V2 state, since she started sealing and restraining Kurama. To display it in a scaling chain: V2 Kushina's Kurama Power > Kushina's Kurama Power Post-Chains ~ Minato's chakra insertion. That's all presupposing we can even use this mental realm clash for anything scaling related, since atm we don't consider mental realm fights as scaleable. I don't really care to debate about that, hence why I tackled the argument presupposing mental realm scaling is valid.
Kushina's chains aren't shown reducing the amount of Kurama chakra leaking out, just keeping more from getting out, as we see Kushina has 3 tails when Minato starts suppressing Kurama and still has 3 tails after she wraps him and wakes up (at the very least nothing proves that she sealed his chakra since the point of Minato using a sealing jutsu was to prevent more of Kurama's chakra from coming out, which seemed to be working at the time given Kurama's amazement). Also, even if Kurama himself was weakened by her chains, he'd already been charging his Bijuudama when she was in V2, AKA the V2 level chakra is already outside his body which she's suppressing, so all that'd do is make the process of powering it up slower, not make the Bijuudama weaker than V2 Kushina. At the very least, possibly 11.36 gigatons is warranted, since as you said it's unquantifiable, meaning she could very well still have 6T or more out even if she was reducing his chakra, and she'd have to lose more than 5 tails of potent V2 chakra with a single squeeze to be below 8.6 gigatons, since even 4T Naruto is 4.3 gigatons.
Second, you claim that Minato making the Rasengan to counter Bijuudama means that it must scale to an exploded Bijuudama. 15.55 GT is the value for a non-charged up Bijuudama's explosion. However, when we actually see what the Rasengan can do and how it can match a Bijuudama, it's via clashing with an unexploded, unformed Bijuudama. So, there's no reason to assume that the Rasengan is designed to clash with the explosion as opposed to slamming into the massive chakra sphere (which we see happen) instead. It's an unsubstantiated high-end interpretation for the Rasengan's AP. Since an unexploded Bijuudama's scaling is just vaguely above a Bijuu's physicals, it would just mean that the Rasengan narratively would only have to vaguely scale above 4.3 GT. Hence, I disagree with Minato's Rasengan scaling quantifiably above 4.3 GT.
Sure but it's not like he just slams the Bijuudama away, he's pushing into it and forcing it to explode, and it clashing with the chakra sphere doesn't mean it doesn't also clash with the explosion since we see it exploding and engulfing everything in white. Them exploding together just makes more sense with the framing of the page (and Minato surviving it despite being sub-Bijuu level physically, but we'll get to that later). Even if not, V2 9T Kurama is much stronger than the other Bijuu, so Kurama's uncharged Bijuudama~Minato's Rasengan~/>Other Bijuu's Bijuudama explosion doesn't cause any issues.

Also think about the fact that Minato saw the Bijuudamas exploding, which would be a much better measure of strength than just seeing a ball (even if you argue he sensed the ball's chakra, the chakra of the eventual explosion should've already been inside the sphere, just wasn't released yet). He's literally staring at the explosion commenting on its power and then thinks about Kushina. Seems pretty implicative that the Rasengan is meant to match the explosion, not just the projectile.
Again, bolded parts are where my disagreements lay. We actually directly see that Kushina's chains can restrain Kurama's power, as the second Kurama rips off some of the chains Kushina enters the V2 state. Not to mention the multitude of instances that all but blatantly state that the chains restrain Kurama's power. So, I heavily disagree with the notion that the chakra chains that are a defensive sealing jutsu only restrict Kurama's movement.
Multitude of instances?
Next, you claim that Minato being damaged all over supports your premise of Minato's Rasengan being 15.55 GT. However, that isn't at all the case whatsoever, and explosion physics can explain this. First, if the unformed Bijuudama did explode, Minato was a good ways away from the epicenter, and by eyeballing his surface area with the where the explosion's surface area would reach him, the yield Minato experienced would easily be less than half of what the full yield of the explosion is. Then you get to thinking, Minato would likely have around Bijuu level physicals (or at least not far from it), plus the fact that the Rasengan (which I agree at least as Bijuu level physicals worth of AP) lessening the blast, and suddenly Minato surviving the blast becomes self-explained. Minato does not have to equal the exploded Bijuudama's AP in order to survive the blast. He's not at the epicenter, so he isn't taking the full yield, his Rasengan is lessening the blast, and Minato is already extremely powerful as is. And even then the blast still did some major damage, as you pointed out, even parts of his body not hit by Kushina were heavily bandaged up. So, rather than that context you add supporting your claim, I think it does the opposite and demonstrates that Minato is not outputting exploded Bijuudama levels of power.
Was he a good ways away? The only thing separating him and the Bijuudama was a tiny Rasengan. Also I doubt Minato had Bijuu level physicals at this point given that he and Team Jiraiya were losing to Roshi and Han even before they brought out the Bijuudamas, to the point that Roshi basically mocked them. This ain't Prime Minato we're talking about, he quite literally has no physical feats above 7-A at this point other than the vague redirecting KN7 Kushina thing, which I'd argue someone High 7-A could possibly do.

If Minato was the only one affected and just lost then you might have a point, but apparently a similar effect was achieved the other way around given that the blast was enough to push Kurama's chakra back inside Kushina.
Yeah this definitely doesn't mean Minato scales anywhere near V2 Kushina, but like ig you can argue that him redirecting the attack slightly supports the notion that he's weaker. Idk if this really does much for highlighting justifying his physicals tho, since it's very blatant that V2 Kushina would maul Minato.
I think having ~16 year old Minato downscaling massively from 11.36 GT as support for 24 year old Minato being 4.3 GT is fine.
Considering Kurama says this immediately after seeing Minato's sealing jutsu, so I'd agree that it's referring to his sealing jutsu prowess/skill. Um as for where it can be mentioned, ig intelligence? I think that's where skill stuff goes.
It seems to more be about the potency of his sealing jutsu tho. Like it's not that big a deal but it doesn't particularly seem like an intelligence statement to me.
Yeah idk if I will respond frequently here, cuz I'm going to Florida in two days for an extended weekend. But if you (sparkle) bring sumn up that's new that I think warrants a response, best believe I will.
Hopefully I lived up to your expectations 🙏

I wish they had that whole thing be something like "oh man, he went right out of the hospital into the training right before the fight he scales to" so we could wank him even more.

Then there's the other most infamous statement, Kurama saying that Minato is on Hashirama's level. This obviously doesn't mean Teen Minato = Shinsuu Senju as he fled at the sight of Bijuudamas, but given the way he's wording it and the fact that it's a comment after seeing his sealing, this should either mean Minato's sealing ability or his general skill with ninjutsu is relative to Hashirama's. I'm honestly neutral on which it is since context suggests it's just about his sealing, but the way Kurama says it makes it sound like a holistic comparison. I'm not sure exactly where that should be noted though, maybe put it in the description next to sealing in his powers and abilities?
Definitely just about his level of sealing capability. Kuruma brings up how he's manipulating the seal to his own so it's just about how good he is with sealing jutsus which we already knew.

Also, Teen Minato activated Flying Raijin when the Bijuu bombs were only like a few dozen meters away, he's fast.

This is from the middle of the bomb

Minato 179.2cm | 37px

Distance 170px | 823.35135131cm

This is from the edge which is closer

Distance 104px | 503.697297272cm

wasn't sure how the bombs are since they sometimes elongate when fired but yeah

DMQlMMm.jpg

Realized that was Jiraiya in front plus the other panel shows a diff angle.

Jiraiya 191cm | 187px

2atan(tan(70deg/2) * [187/563]) = 26.1854423 degrees

Distance 410.62cm

Last edited:
This is from the middle of the bomb

Minato 179.2cm | 37px

Distance 170px | 823.35135131cm

This is from the edge which is closer

Distance 104px | 503.697297272cm

wasn't sure how the bombs are since they sometimes elongate when fired but yeah

DMQlMMm.jpg

Realized that was Jiraiya in front plus the other panel shows a diff angle.

Jiraiya 191cm | 187px

2atan(tan(70deg/2) * [187/563]) = 26.1854423 degrees

Distance 410.62cm
I mean I don't think it's that important since the Bijuu are Sub-Relativistic, while Minato's reactions are already Relativistic.

Shouldn't Sakura scale to Tsunade's healing in some way too, pretty sure she's at least her equal by at least adulthood, possibly when she got 100H herself (as if I recall Tsunade didn't get 100H in the oneshot, her forehead didn't have the 100H mark)

Possibly, not sure where to write that tho since her 4th War Key says all abilities to a greater extent including healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back