• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Undertale CRT!! (Low to High Tiers ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Theuser789 I tested it out on vulkin and its true for them. For shyren as well as others though it isnt. Though theres also instances of floweys def being zero and
Every enemy with zero Def gets one shotted, the Dummy, the Glad Dummy, Shyren, Vulkin, ICE. Flowey isn't a monster, especially Photoshop Flowey, you can't compare his stats to other monsters. I don't see any "inconsistences" in scaling monsters with the same DEF to have the same dura

Last edited:
Is Flowey(base) gonna be 9-A via killing Core monsters and etc?

And are Undying Undyne gonna be 9-A?

Shit sorry, i switched the votes around lmao. Not sure how much longer im gonna be debating this honestly cuz of time so id rather get this over with soon.
Oh please, save me from these nasty remarks. If you're not going to be proper and respond to an argument like a reasonable person, don't expect me to either.
Energy levels and one shot gaps we use EXCLUSIVELY in Vs Matches are absolutely not usable in scaling, and that's final.
If me getting a little passive-agressive, calling an idea crazy and pointing out what youre doing is enough to get under your skin to the point of flipping out and openly refusing to have a normal discussion (not that youve listened much from the start) then thats your issue my dude. Least youre blunt about it so its something.
Your argument is flawed atm. Youre basing an insane degree of backscaling to the next best feat on frisk (practically saying they dont scale) for taking a while to kill undyne, when real life examples show people who are comparable to eachother can take that many hits long before dying and someone ten times weaker can do it.
Your argument of them being "explicitely weaker" is them taking that many hits and "its all interpretive". So why should your interpretation of frisk being over 13 times weaker for taking time to beat someone to death be accepted when we have actual physics which say otherwise on the table thatd make them close or the same? And no physics in ut to say otherwise. Occams razor supports the latter.

Again, i just explained how the wiki treats the one shot gap and youve just completely ignored the point. Give me one character who badly damages another character with enough punches, that isnt some dura neg or weakness exposure, that is listed ten times weaker or more. The worst ive seen is being a few times weaker.
Heck i can go as far as to start bringing countless examples from other verses like iron man barely scratching thanos and scaling (though he scaled originally to large mountain+ and was only at most a couple times weaker).

Kinda funny as well you call people delusional for supposely backscaling ruins monsters to waterfall because of stat difference, while backscaling "waterfall frisk" and id guess waterfall/early hotlands monsters if thats still what your defending to undyne who is 20-30 points higher mainly for the purpose of making your method of dt scaling work.
Also, also, we DON'T scale people objectively stronger to weaker ones because of baby damage. We downscale them to the nearest level, or use the highest feat available for them.
Frisk dealing 1-10 out of thousands of hp against flowey is baby damage. Raiden throwing over 100 punches at armstrong and not even taking away 10% health while they remain unphased in the cutscene is baby damage. Frisk taking about 20 hits to take away an extremely good chunk of undynes health even before doing that extra damage that kills her isnt baby damage at all. Its moderate damage which still makes you scale (even asking around in the vsbw server).
First off, Death of the Author, don't claim stuff you objectively don't know.
Oh yeah, because Toby cares about Energy Levels now, huh? No, expect he most likely DOESN'T. Stop this absolute nonsense.
Frisk is weaker than Undyne by a significant margin. THAT is the only fact the game supports in the battle.

ANYTHING we interpret after this undeniable fact has ZERO, NOTHING, NADA to do with what Toby thinks. After this point, we give zero ***** about it, it's i r r e l e v a n t.

It can be by any gap necessary as long as it's not absurd. (Which is interpretative)

By the way, this whole argument is a waste of time, and space, Frisk durability is absolutely unrelated to their Attack Potency. The fact they can tank Undyne means NOTHING.
You actually cant be serious right now... I literally just said he doesnt care about energy levels or scaling... which is why your point of "if the author allows it to" is rubbish...
How the hell did you unironically manage claim im saying the opposite of what i actually said and then debunk your own point earlier? Im not meaning to flame things up or anything but come on man!
"as long as its not absurd". A baseline human level to 2 times street level gap is absurd for someone who can beat you to death yes.
Alright Mr. "Determination changes stats because yes".
Determination literally is never even REMOTELY implied to have any effect in stat changes. Therefore it simply doesn't. You can't make shit up just because "it'd fit what happens on screen" and say it's true.
There is no point in insisting, you don't have an argument, nor do you have definitive evidence. We are not applying that.
For god sakes, how many times do i need to explain it for you to stop putting words in my mouth. Determination increases your power, and stats are a measurement of your power. Therefore strength from determination staying with you would be shown. Its literally just putting 1 and 1 together. If something contradicts it or the logic is somehow wrong then explain, otherwise you have nothing to refute it with. So far youve brought up their stats not changing anyway and ive countered stats being impossible to view during fights and you havent countered...
You also blatantly lied about my scaling on the blog. I DON'T consider the monsters we fight to be some kind of super-beings in their society, we NEVER came to an agreement on that, and we never will because that is the stupidest thing I've ever read about Undertale scaling.
How is that lying? I just took the population and multiplied it by the minimum. if you want your method then you can make the suggestion instead of flipping out. I can do that scaling on there if you want... but theres still holes in your scaling quoted like the fact that youre scaling waterfall monsters to the oven feat despite saying that frisks durability in that scene is basically unquantifiable. And pyropes feat which has issues with battleboard consistency (though doesnt matter since hes stronger than the other hl monsters and comparable to some cores)

Last edited:
Every enemy with zero Def gets one shotted, the Dummy, the Glad Dummy, Shyren, Vulkin, ICE. Flowey isn't a monster, especially Photoshop Flowey, you can't compare his stats to other monsters. I don't see any "inconsistences" in scaling monsters with the same DEF to have the same dura
Glad dummy technically doesnt have defences. But shyren deffo doesnt get one shotted by a lv 1 no weopans frisk.
Think its also characters having their striking strength scale. Though i take it you dont really wanna debate it, dont blame ya!

Shit sorry, i switched the votes around lmao. Not sure how much longer im gonna be debating this honestly cuz of time so id rather get this over with soon.

If me getting a little passive-agressive, calling an idea crazy and pointing out what youre doing is enough to get under your skin to the point of flipping out and openly refusing to have a normal discussion (not that youve listened much from the start) then thats your issue my dude. Least youre blunt about it so its something.
Your argument is flawed atm. Youre basing an insane degree of backscaling to the next best feat on frisk (practically saying they dont scale) for taking a while to kill undyne, when real life examples show people who are comparable to eachother can take that many hits long before dying and someone ten times weaker can do it.
Your argument of them being "explicitely weaker" is them taking that many hits and "its all interpretive". So why should your interpretation of frisk being over 13 times weaker for taking time to beat someone to death be accepted when we have actual physics which say otherwise on the table thatd make them close or the same? And no physics in ut to say otherwise. Occams razor supports the latter.

Again, i just explained how the wiki treats the one shot gap and youve just completely ignored the point. Give me one character who badly damages another character with enough punches, that isnt some dura neg or weakness exposure, that is listed ten times weaker or more. The worst ive seen is being a few times weaker.
Heck i can go as far as to start bringing countless examples from other verses like iron man barely scratching thanos and scaling (though he scaled originally to large mountain+ and was only at most a couple times weaker).

Kinda funny as well you call people delusional for supposely backscaling ruins monsters to waterfall because of stat difference, while backscaling "waterfall frisk" and id guess waterfall/early hotlands monsters if thats still what your defending to undyne who is 20-30 points higher mainly for the purpose of making your method of dt scaling work.

Frisk dealing 1-10 out of thousands of hp against flowey is baby damage. Raiden throwing over 100 punches at armstrong and not even taking away 10% health while they remain unphased in the cutscene is baby damage. Frisk taking about 20 hits to take away an extremely good chunk of undynes health even before doing that extra damage that kills her isnt baby damage at all. Its moderate damage which still makes you scale (even asking around in the vsbw server).

You actually cant be serious right now... I literally just said he doesnt care about energy levels or scaling... which is why your point of "if the author allows it to" is rubbish...
How the hell did you unironically manage claim im saying the opposite of what i actually said and then debunk your own point earlier? Im not meaning to flame things up or anything but come on man!
"as long as its not absurd". A baseline human level to 2 times street level gap is absurd for someone who can beat you to death yes.

For god sakes, how many times do i need to explain it for you to stop putting words in my mouth. Determination increases your power, and stats are a measurement of your power. Therefore strength from determination staying with you would be shown. Its literally just putting 1 and 1 together. If something contradicts it or the logic is somehow wrong then explain, otherwise you have nothing to refute it with. So far youve brought up their stats not changing anyway and ive countered stats being impossible to view during fights and you havent countered...

How is that lying? I just took the population and multiplied it by the minimum. if you want your method then you can make the suggestion instead of flipping out. I can do that scaling on there if you want... but theres still holes in your scaling quoted like the fact that youre scaling waterfall monsters to the oven feat despite saying that frisks durability in that scene is basically unquantifiable. And pyropes feat which has issues with battleboard consistency (though doesnt matter since hes stronger than the other hl monsters and comparable to some cores)
Lost interest, honestly. It feels like we're in an infinite circle.

We will proceed with the current most voted method, and a thread shall be made in case of disagreement with the new profiles, I will not be present though. Is that okay with you?

Glad dummy technically doesnt have defences. But shyren deffo doesnt get one shotted by a lv 1 no weopans frisk.
Think its also characters having their striking strength scale. Though i take it you dont really wanna debate it, dont blame ya!
Glad Dummy shouldn't be here, it's just "Betrayal Kill"

I mean, Undyne cutting down a bridge is probably a very obsolete feat, so let's start discussing scaling. We have the stats blog linked in the verse page, so I assume they are usable.

Attack Potency
  • The highest 9-As scales to Mettaton's Feat (99.6 Megajoules) by having higher ATK. This includes the following:
Asriel Dreemurr >>>> LV 20 Frisk (Real Knife) > LV 19 Frisk (Real Knife) > Undyne the Undying >> Mettaton NEO >> Asgore = Toriel >> LV 19 Frisk (Empty Gun) => Undyne (Armor) => Mettaton EX > Undyne (Unarmored) > Muffet > LV 20 Frisk > Knight Knight = LV 19 Frisk > Whimsalot => Astigmatism => Final Froggit = RG 1/RG 2 = Mad Dummy = Mettaton = 99.6 Megajoules
  • The highest 9-Bs scales to the highest 9-B feat (8.5 Megajoules) by being comparable to Hotland Frisk
Pretty much all hotland monsters for being able to injure Frisk in battle at that point.
  • The 9-Bs scales to the Oven Explosion feat (7 Megajoules), as Waterfall Frisk can tank it:
Waterfall Monsters
Papyrus

"Shouldn't all Hotland Monsters scale to Mettaton for hurting Frisk?" No. Mettaton was acting, and could take off half their health with just one attack if he wanted to.
Speed
Asriel Dreemurr (Most shocker attacks dwarf Frisk in speed)
Sans (Fought a much faster and stronger Frisk than the one who scales to Mach 6.1. His Gaster Blasters, and Faster Bone Attacks are faster than Frisk)
Undyne the Undying (Same thing, fought a much stronger and faster version of Frisk who could get access to Sea Tea at that point. Her spears are comparable to STB4 Frisk)
Hotland STB4 Frisk
  • Fastest Supersonic Characters scale to Tsunderplane's Calc (Mach 4.86)
Asgore (As the King of Monsters, should be faster than Tsunderplane)
Toriel (Same as before)
Core Monsters (Narrative)
Metatton EX (Capable of tagging Core Frisk, his bombs dwarf Frisk in speed)
Undyne (Capable of knocking Asgore down during their training)
Hotland Monsters
Mettaton (Capable of fighting Hotland Frisk)
Muffet (Same)
Hotland Frisk
  • Supersonic Characters are scaled to the lowest Supersonic Calc (Mach 3.05)
Waterfall Monsters (Can keep up with Frisk just before they enter hotland)
Papyrus (Considered as "really freaking tough" by Undyne)

I have no access to my computer now, so I won't be able to do much, so I'll stop here.
here. I need to update this.

"Shouldn't all Hotland Monsters scale to Mettaton for hurting Frisk?" No. Mettaton was acting, and could take off half their health with just one attack if he wanted to.
i'Ll SaVe HuMaNiTy bY KiLlInG tHe ChIlD bEfOrE aSgOrE cAn BuT aLsO nOt AcTuAlLy TrY bEcAuSe RaTiNgS fOr ThIs OnE sHoW aRe dEfInItElY mOrE iMpOrTaNt ThAn aN EnTiRe SpEcIeS' wOrTh oF PoTeNtIaL vIeWeRs LaTeR oN why do undertale characters all have negative braincells jfc i want to punch all of them

i'Ll SaVe HuMaNiTy bY KiLlInG tHe ChIlD bEfOrE aSgOrE cAn BuT aLsO nOt AcTuAlLy TrY bEcAuSe RaTiNgS aRe dEfInItElY mOrE iMpOrTaNt ThAn aN EnTiRe SpEcIeS' wOrTh oF PoTeNtIaL vIeWeRs LaTeR oN why do undertale characters all have negative braincells jfc i want to punch all of them
Whoah. Calm the **** down Funnimane.

A little bird called "HxH CRT" taught me that upscaling and downscaling are a acceptable thing. Se we're going to do that now.

Attack Potency
  • Top Tier
The strongest Non-God Tier character is scaled to 8-A by adding all the six Human SOUL's power together. (303.9 Tons)

Who scales: Omega Flowey

The strongest a Human's SOUL is scaled to is 8-B (50.6 Tons)

Who scales
: Peak Determination Frisk, Human SOULs

The strongest 9-A characters such as Asgore are scaled to Mettaton's feat (99.6 Megajoules)

Who scales: Asgore, Flowey, Mad Dummy, Mad Mew Mew, Mettaton, Muffet, Royal Guards, Toriel, Undyne.
  • Mid Tier
The weakest 9-A characters such as Pyrope and Papyrus are downscaled to baseline 9-A from Mettaton's acting feat (20.9 Megajoules)

Who scales: Papyrus, Pyrope, Aaron, Vulkin, Lemon Bread, Tsunderplane, Temmie, Shyren.

NOTE: Undyne calls Papyrus "really freaking tough", therefore he should be able to at least put up a fight, and those who scale to him alike.

• Low Tier
The 9-B Characters are scaled to Ice Wolf's Ice Cube feat (64 Kilojoules)

Who scales: Doggo, Dogi, Endogeny, Greater Dog, Lesser Dog, Snowdrake's Mother, Glyde.

The weakest 9-B Characters are scaled to Chara's Fall (40 Kilojoules)

Who scales: Minimum Determination Frisk, Monster Kid, Froggit, Loox, Napstablook, Alphys, Gerson, Jerry, Moldsmal, Reaper Bird.

Speed
  • Top Tier
The fastest Hypersonic characters are scaled to STB4 Frisk (Mach 6.1)

Who scales: STB4 Frisk, Undyne the Undying, Sans, Omega Flowey, Peak Determination Frisk.

The slowest Hypersonic characters are upscaled from Tsunderplane's speed feat (Mach 5)

Who scales: Asgore, Frisk (High DT), Flowey, Mettaton EX, Undyne, Toriel, Mad Mew Mew.

• Mid Tiers
The fastest Supersonic+ characters are scaled to Tsunderplane's feat (Mach 4.86)

Who scales: Tsunderplane, Vulkin, Pyrope, Mad Dummy, Muffet, Mettaton, Royal Guards.

The Supersonic+ characters are scaled to the slowest Supersonic+ feat (Mach 3.05)

Who scales: Papyrus, Aaron, Shyren, Glyde, Lemon Bread, Temmie, Frisk with moderate DT

• Low Tiers
The Transonic characters are scaled to Greater Dog's attack speed.

Who scales: Greater Dog's attack speed.

The fastest Subsonic+ characters are scaled to Frisk dodging feat (197m/s)

Who scales: Frisk, Doggo, Dogi, Greater Dog, Lesser Dog, Endogeny, Lesser Dog.

The slowest Subsonic+ characters are downscaled from Frisk's feat to baseline Subsonic+ (171.5m/s)

Who scales: Alphys, Froggit, Loox, Moldsmal, Reaper Bird, Napstablook.

The following Characters have unknown speed.

Gerson, Monster Kid, Snowdrake's Mother.

Last edited:
A little bird called "HxH CRT" taught me that upscaling and downscaling are a acceptable thing. Se we're going to do that now.

Attack Potency
  • Top Tier
The strongest Non-God Tier character is scaled to 8-A by adding all the six Human SOUL's power together. (257 Tons)

The strongest a Human's SOUL is scaled to is 8-B (42.9 Tons)

Who scales
: Peak Determination Frisk, likely Chara, Human SOULs

The strongest 9-A characters such as Asgore are scaled to Mettaton's feat (99.6 Megajoules)

Who scales: Asgore, Flowey, Mad Dummy, Mad Mew Mew, Mettaton, Muffet, Royal Guards, Toriel, Undyne.

The weakest 9-A characters such as Pyrope and Papyrus are downscaled to baseline 9-A from Mettaton's acting feat (20.9 Megajoules)

Who scales: Papyrus, Pyrope, Aaron, Vulkin, Lemon Bread, Tsunderplane, Temmie.

NOTE: Undyne calls Papyrus "really freaking tough", therefore he should be able to at least put up a fight, and those who scale to him alike.

• Mid Tier
The Strongest 9-B characters are scaled to the highest 9-B feat (7 Megajoules)

Who scales: Shyren

• Low Tier

Who scales: Doggo, Dogi, Endogeny, Greater Dog, Lesser Dog, Snowdrake's Mother, Glyde.

Who scales: Minimum Determination Frisk, Monster Kid, Froggit, Loox, Napstablook, Alphys, Gerson, Jerry, Moldsmal, Reaper Bird.

Speed
  • Top Tier

Who scales: STB4 Frisk, Undyne the Undying, Sans, Omega Flowey

The slowest Hypersonic characters are upscaled from Tsunderplane's speed feat (Mach 5)

To be added... I'mma sleep.
Sans not gonna updated or downgraded?

Glad Dummy has the same DEF as regular Dummy if you check it, you are confusing it for the Mad Dummy

Attack Potency
  • Top Tier
The strongest Non-God Tier character is scaled to 8-A by adding all the six Human SOUL's power together. (257 Tons)

Who scales

• Mid Tier

• Low Tier

Speed
  • Top Tier

Who scales: STB4 Frisk, Undyne the Undying, Sans, Omega Flowey

To be added... I'mma sleep.
I think you mixed up Reaper Bird and Snowdrake's mom

Attack Potency
  • Top Tier

Who scales

• Mid Tier

• Low Tier

Im fine with the suggestion to get this done. Also fine with backscaling papyrus actually based on that (dunno id say baseline but sure!). Although shouldnt shyren scale to other waterfall monsters?

Also im good with peak dt frisk and chara scaling to the souls and weakened flowey being the same since frisk directly tanks the souls while flowey himself likely holds back (plus the tiny damage increasing could backscale). We using my blog for the 8-A scaling as well? I dont mind adding anything new if necessary.

Last edited:
Unless they mean late genocide route frisk which... im not sure if theres much to scale him to when he fought ps flowey.
It would give sans city block telekinesis if he did scale though

Im fine with the suggestion to get this done. Also fine with backscaling papyrus actually based on that (dunno id say baseline but sure!).
Has to be baseline, we can't just assume a number, unfortunately-
Although shouldnt shyren scale to other waterfall monsters?
I just put those who have profiles in the scaling. Shyren, and those comparable to her is 7 Megatons. Because Wall Level is such a gigantic tier, I can't quite backscale Snowdin Monsters to baseline, as this'd back them weaker.
Also im good with peak dt frisk and chara scaling to the souls and weakened flowey being the same since frisk directly tanks the souls while flowey himself likely holds back (plus the tiny damage increasing could backscale). We using my blog for the 8-A scaling as well? I dont mind adding anything new if necessary.
Yes. Please update the blog to include my scaling the way I did it. (You can find it at the end of the last page) You can add at the very end as "Charmander's suggestion" or something. Then, if we make another thread another day to change the scaling to your version, we don't have to switch blogs. Sounds good?

Has to be baseline, we can't just assume a number, unfortunately-
Well considering itd be less than a five times difference anyway, though with backscaling id do a "likely 9-A" rating instead of outright.
I just put those who have profiles in the scaling. Shyren, and those comparable to her is 7 Megatons. Because Wall Level is such a gigantic tier, I can't quite backscale Snowdin Monsters to baseline, as this'd back them weaker.
The thing is, shyrens attack is higher than woshua who can damage you alongside aaron at the same time. Moldbygg also scales to woshuas attack of 18, so really all waterfall monsters are comparable.
Yes. Please update the blog to include my scaling the way I did it. (You can find it at the end of the last page) You can add at the very end as "Charmander's suggestion" or something. Then, if we make another thread another day to change the scaling to your version, we don't have to switch blogs. Sounds good?
Working on it. Although are you sure about average snowdin monsters scaling to ice wolf? He is well, a really buff wolf. Kinda sounds like scaling the average person in a town to the body builder living down the road. I can definitely get around the royal guard at least though they wouldnt make too much difference.

And youd rather me use the 14600 value instead of 12000 right?

I meant like, Human Chara, not the one you see at the end of Genocide. But I guess Lv 20 Frisk would scale to that as Chara said they have reached the absolute.
I disagree that alive Chara would scale to the greatest known level of power for a human. Their only known feat is surviving their fall into the mountain, which is 9-B, and they seemed to do worse with it than Frisk even. Chara needed help from Asriel to walk after their fall, while Frisk was at 20/20 HP after theirs and moving around perfectly fine. Even considering that Frisk landed on a flower bed, I doubt that would make much difference when they're falling into a mountain hole.

Last edited:
I disagree that alive Chara would scale to the maximum possible power for a human. Their only known feat is surviving their fall into the mountain, which is 9-B, and they seemed to do worse with it than Frisk even. Chara needed help from Asriel to walk after their fall, while Frisk was at 20/20 HP after theirs and moving around perfectly fine. Even considering that Frisk landed on a flower bed, I doubt that would make much difference when they're falling into a mountain hole.
Fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back