• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The No body vs The "nobody" (Roxas vs Nameless)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fezzih_007

He/Him
Both at Low 1-C
Speed Equal
Start distance is 5 km
They fight on the Sand village

Votes:
Chick Magnet: KingNanaya, Fezzih_007, BasedNecoScaler69

24dbbf69f224711fe07cc281c9ba8ddf.png

Chick Magnet in fanfics(Why internet?): noninho
__roxas_and_heartless_kingdom_hearts_and_1_more_drawn_by_crow_illust__sample-ce754a9a98eb131f56186714d781a7e5.jpg

Last edited:
I gonna post the skill feats for the Warrios of Heaven and Hell of both, before arguing who i think win this.

Roxas

Archer

They are very good, gonna post the text letter.

It is kind of funny that Archer's Lifting Class in his weaker Key so happens to be the same as Roxas's. Anyways, I'll lay out some Advantages and Disadvantages as I can see for each fighter. And just a note; Due to the page for No Name stating him as formerly being Shirou, he should scale to his skill for the most part.

Archer:
  • Vastly Superior Lifting Strength
  • Precog
  • Servant Physiology
  • Has far more weapons at his disposal which he could either pull out and use personally or throw at Roxas in a Danmaku Style from UBW, each weapon being a Noble Phantasm and usually having somesort of extra effects attached to them.
  • Amazing Information Analysis and Power/Skill Assessment (As seen in the Skill Feats linked above; Even a Shirou Emiya prior to gaining any power or skill could analyze Servants Skill's and Power's in comparison to one another accurately.)
  • Is likely to change up his strategy if it isn't working; If fighting Roxas with Swordplay is ineffective, he may switch to using a Bow. If that fails, he may bring out UBW to spam relentless attacks. Etc.

I can't, think of any notable disadvantage's personally to be honest.

Roxas:
  • Vastly superior Range w/ things like Magic
  • Nobody Physiology
  • The Keyblade. Nuff said.
  • Info Analysis which can allow him to see Archer's Health

• Can be aggressive and careless in battle
  • Unless we take Sora's skill into consideration, while Roxas is skilled, he isn't as versatile in terms of weapon's, and unlike Sora we don't really see Roxas stealing weapon's from his opponents (Unless he's taking them back from someone like Sora; Even then, in Day's he doesn't even bother trying to take back Oblivion from Riku until the fight is practically over already, and he can use Magical attack's barehanded, so it's clearly never the first thing in his mind even when his weapons are taken from him.)

So, I can see a few Wincondition's. Archer's main wincondition's would be throwing around his LS to subdue Roxas (Though this isn't exactly in character to my knowledge), and Abusing his Weapon Spam to try and overwhelm Roxas. He can also use his Precog and Analysis to better deal with Roxas's own attack's.

Roxas's best wincon would be to build distance and then outrange Archer with magic, but this isn't very in character for him- In fact, there are fights where he doesn't even use conventional magic much at all (Like in KH2, where he only uses magic to mainly supplement his melee strikes). Roxas is actually much more likely to force a close range fight than Archer is, who would be more willing to build distance and attack the opponent from a range if it is beneficial, so I don't see this happening most of the time.

Of note is that Archer has ways at his disposal to read Roxas as well as predict his next move, which Roxas's aggressive battle style might make even easier potentially. I'm personally leaning a bit more towards Archer here, though I see this fight likely turning into a battle of attrition; It's simply the fact that I could find more advantages that could prove relevant to the fight for Archer than I could Roxas, as while Roxas's range advantage is notable and could be a very easy wincon, Roxas just isn't likely to use it that much from what I know.

Of course, I most likely may have missed a few things, so I'm open for changing my mind, that's just what I see from the available sources about the two and what I determine based off that. I also definitely didn't comb through every single ability on both pages to be entirely honest, I just picked out what I could recall and what stood out to me, so there could be something big on one page the other just has no answer to, though I don't think there is.

LS being a factor is unlikely here, we treat characters holding back the attack of an opponent as just durability (somehow, it's one of those weird compromises on the site), and neither of the participants are glass cannons or anything like that.

Roxas does spam magic when he's at low health, as much Magic Hour is his Limit Break (aka, a move mainly used after losing a notable amount of health), which has a surprisingly large AoE and is difficult to dodge. Of note is that Roxas has true flight, which is relevant here as it means he can very easily keep his distance, change direction without having to stop for a bit, flip around hazards and behind a opponent, or even throw his opponent upwards with Aero magic and follow up.

Being able to quickly get close up rather safely by turning into light also seems viable, especially given he can spam that freely.

Last edited:
Cure magic can restore stamina, so that would be important in a fight of attrition.

Bump, i leaning towards Archer here.

Roxas agressive fighting, is gonna be countered by No Name swordmanship, the same he used against Cu, when he left opening on his defenses on purpose, to know where the opponent gonna attack.

He can also neg Roxas regeneration using Gae Bolg, and have the versatily advantage in weapons.

If comes down to It, he gonna UBW to complete change the Flow of the battle, where he can spams Blade on Roxas.

Roxas could escape by turning into light, but No Name not gonna let him, since he most likely gonna make a situation where Roxas won't be able to escape the Blade spam.

The real question is how he'd be able to make a situation like that (unless he has dealt with something similar before?), it's difficult to corner someone when they can considerably move upwards, especially given his limited capabilities on that regard as said before.

Bump
The real question is how he'd be able to make a situation like that (unless he has dealt with something similar before?), it's difficult to corner someone when they can considerably move upwards, especially given his limited capabilities on that regard as said before.
Not sure If Nameless ever fought a opponent with Aerial movement before, but Archer Emiya did Against Caster in UBW.
Anyway, I don't think that's gonna be a problem for Archer, since when he deploy UBW, he can create blades on every direction of the opponent.

Even with Roxas aerial movement, since No Name here can create blades in every direction, Roxas is gonna have a hard time dodging.

Well, Sora did with Riku that one trought, doing alone could provide more difficult. Unless he also scale to Sora for KH3 in skill, who can defend himself against Xemnas Cage by himself, but I not sure if he should, because Sora is cleary stronger than him.

But i guess he could use the light shield of his to defend too, ok then.

Besides the blade spams, he also have homing attacks, so could be a little more difficulty to Roxas to dodge some of the Archer attacks.

Well, Sora did with Riku that one trought, doing alone could provide more difficult. Unless he also scale to Sora for KH3 in skill, who can defend himself against Xemnas Cage by himself, but I not sure if he should, because Sora is cleary stronger than him.

Besides the blade spams, he also have homing attacks, so could be a little more difficulty to Roxas to dodge some of the Archer attacks.
Roxas separating from Sora and gaining his own body happens at the Keyblade Graveyard in KHIII which would chronologically be pretty close to Re:Mind from which the feat of Sora doing this alone comes from, so he probably isn't far behind especially since he would have two weapons that he is proficient with using at the same time available for deflecting.

Aren't a whole lot of attacks in Kingdom Hearts homing? This sounds like something Roxas would be used to and might even assume to be the case to begin with.

Roxas separating from Sora and gaining his own body happens at the Keyblade Graveyard in KHIII which would chronologically be pretty close to Re:Mind from which the feat of Sora doing this alone comes from, so he probably isn't far behind especially since he would have two weapons that he is proficient with using at the same time available for deflecting.
Well, i guess he could reflect some them, but since No Name can rain down sword way faster than Xemnas, is gonna bê way harder for Roxas to defend himself.
Aren't a whole lot of attacks in Kingdom Hearts homing? This sounds like something Roxas would be used to and might even assume to be the case to begin with.
Yes, but the majority of the attack that are homing are Magic, but since No Name use arrows, he might not expect the Danmaku of homing arrows.

Well, i guess he could reflect some them, but since No Name can rain down sword way faster than Xemnas, is gonna bê way harder for Roxas to defend himself.

Yes, but the majority of the attack that are homing are Magic, but since No Name use arrows, he might not expect the Danmaku of homing arrows.
Isn't speed equalized? The relative speed differences seem harder to argue to me and would depend a lot on the depiction which can be more or less accurate with the whole comparison between different series that we are making here. I don't know the details for No Name but Xemnas and the attack itself seem to be relatively fast based on feats and portrayal.

Remotely controlled weapons aren't exactly new either and the same applies to a multitude of homing projectiles or enemies who use long-ranged weapons.

I'm pretty sure that the scene only shows the end of the fight and not the entire fight with how it starts and what Xigbar says.
I'm inclined to think the fight literally just started because Xigbar summon's his arrowgun's mid-scene. If he already had them out, then it would be a bit more believable that this is just the end and not the whole thing, but as it stands it looks like Xion draw's her weapon, Xigbar builds quick distance and then summon's his Arrowgun's. I also don't think his specific words have much bearing on it, because it's only really referencing how in that moment she reminds him a lot of Ventus. Though, I suppose this isn't something we can really confirm either way.

Isn't speed equalized? The relative speed differences seem harder to argue to me and would depend a lot on the depiction which can be more or less accurate with the whole comparison between different series that we are making here. I don't know the details for No Name but Xemnas and the attack itself seem to be relatively fast based on feats and portrayal.
Well, while speed is equal, Archer does show to trown more blades at once than Xemnas cage attack.

Like, when Xemnas use his cage attack, he start small, and then Góes more faster during the attack. No Name just rain down more projectiles than Xemnas at once. I guess "faster" is not really the correct teem i want to use.

I'm inclined to think the fight literally just started because Xigbar summon's his arrowgun's mid-scene. If he already had them out, then it would be a bit more believable that this is just the end and not the whole thing, but as it stands it looks like Xion draw's her weapon, Xigbar builds quick distance and then summon's his Arrowgun's. I also don't think his specific words have much bearing on it, because it's only really referencing how in that moment she reminds him a lot of Ventus. Though, I suppose this isn't something we can really confirm either way.
Xigbar summoning his weapons is a good point though he was in motion at the very beginning and Axel tells Xion to stop which does indicate that something happened, so yeah, we can't confirm any further details.

Well, while speed is equal, Archer does show to trown more blades at once than Xemnas cage attack.

Like, when Xemnas use his cage attack, he start small, and then Góes more faster during the attack. No Name just rain down more projectiles than Xemnas at once. I guess "faster" is not really the correct teem i want to use.
I'm not sure whether or not that can still be said for the end of Xemnas' attack but the beginning is indeed different.

As said, Roxas can use his Shield of Light to block the projectiles anyway, so my point is kinda moot.

Oh no, Xion looked like Ventus to Xigbar, a good chunk of the plot of Days is how Xion starts off as a faceless puppet then develops an appearance depending on who looks at her. This is why Axel sees her hooded while Roxas doesn't in one scene, and why she looks like Sora at the end, for example, not that this actually matters for the match, however.

Also, note that Roxas has a chance to electrify, burn, freeze or air-toss an opponent whenever he finishes a combo or blocks, so Roxas actively has the advantage when fighting up close.

Last edited:
Also, note that Roxas has a chance to electrify, burn, freeze or air-toss an opponent whenever he finishes a combo or blocks, so Roxas actively has the advantage when fighting up close.
Well, Nameless kinda have resistance to Elemental Manipulation trought, they not gonna do much to him.
Tossing him in the air while helpful, Archer can project weapons in the air to stop Roxas in doing a follow up attack.

Well, that would suck for nameless.
He still can project swords without the need to move trought.

I have a question actually, even trought he only have shown this abilities in Kingdom Hearts 358, he can also do it in his KH3 key? Like, i don't remember blocking with Roxas in kh3, and make my enemies spinnings.

That's because this stuff relies on equipment that enables those abilities in Days, so it'd depend on if we'd assume he still has those or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back