• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Warriors of Heaven and Hell: The Most Skilled on the Wiki!

Dunno what you want me to do here tbh lol, yall the ones who need to discuss shit.

I'll maybe revive it when Winter Break starts, but rn I don't have nearly enough motivation.

Last edited:
Scythes is looking pretty Barren so...

Death.

Unknown Millenia old Civilization killer capable of going through all 101 levels of the crucible back to back, all of which hold amped up versions of the various enemies and bosses of Darksiders 2, with the only exceptions being other DLC bosses and the Guardian, and also was on the front lines along with his brothers and sister and some angels to slaughter the rest of the Nephilim to the last man.

And we also have to cover skill scaling to War, since they're mostly comparable outside of strategy, which War has the edge in.

War, on Ruin, practically walked through an entire heavily defended angel tower in the middle of the angel capital city with nothing but Chaoseater and skill. Angels can damage the horsemen here, with the exception of a young Uriel in the final room who War kind of just, ya know, knocked out in one hit cause she ain't shit to him at that point.

War later, when tired, on Ruin again, ran into a construct army which was described as a sea of stone and brass and proceeded to go untouched throughout the entire thing, note that constructs can damage War here, and for reference, some of these constructs are about 15 feet tall with 6 weapons in 6 arms, basically Fate's Xiang Yu if you know what he looks like, but not as fancy at all. The rest are two-armed with a weapon or weapons in each hand.

Is it a bunch of army/group solos? Yes. Is it all they have? Apsolutely!

Nominating Shirou Emiya/EMIYA for Misc. Not gunning for Sora's spot at all, probably not Bullseye's either (Unless people legitimately think the case could be made and won), just wanted to revive the thread a bit.

I would have just gone after the Swordsmen Category since that's Shirou's big thing, but I heavily doubt I'm getting anywhere past Sion, and I do wanna contribute at least something with this post. Thankfully, he is also pretty good with a Bow and a select few other weapons, so he can technically count here.

Here are a few Mundane Skill Feats for his Bow Accuracy as a Human, mostly before he gains most of his notable skill's and techniques.
Shirou Shooting a Bullseye
Mitsuzuri Stating that no one has better aim on the Archer Club at school
Mitsuzuri also saying that he doesn't Recall Shirou ever missing

Now, for a few more useful feats

In the Fate Route, after about a hour of being wailed on, he begins to understand how to Block Saber's Attacks.
Keep in mind that Servants are, for the Most Part, Existences that Physically dwarf Magus's; Even the Strongest of Magi under normal circumstances can only take on Assassin's and Caster's, the physically weakest Servants (This is barring exceptions we see such as a lot of the Tsukihime Character's.). Shirou, until that point, had very little formal training and was mostly self taught, and was described as basically being a weakling. The Saber Class is often revered as one of, if not the, most powerful and skilled class, and Artoria is arguably one of the most Powerful, Fast, and Skilled Saber's. Even if she was holding back, this is a impressive feat for any human in Fate nonetheless.

After extensive training, Saber believes that Shirou holds a chance of Beating her so long as fate favored him.
I don't believe I need to say why this is a massive feat- With the large difference between the fundamental existences of Human's and Servants, much less a Magus who barely knows any Magecraft versus a Top Tier Saber Class Knight King. Even if Artoria lowered herself physically to a Tenth of her Strength, this would be a insane accomplishment, and Artoria thinks this Shirou could do it. Though, this is likely completely ignoring Excalibur as a whole.

Here are some Sensory Feats

Shirou Stating he can Surmise A Servants combative abilities, while also stating that Medusa was not a Superior Servant from what he could tell.

Sensing that Gilgamesh's GOB had completely genuine Noble Phantasm's rather than Fakes, as well as sensing that the Gate of Babylon had Infinite Noble Phantasms.

There are more feats along these lines, but I don't want to get too into detail. Basically, his Analysis is through the roof, as he can determine the Battle Prowess of Character's far above what a Normal Human can normally Gague, as well as him being able to Gauge The Most Powerful Servant (At The Times) Noble Phantasm and the true nature of it with little difficulty.

Next, I'll go over his actual Magecraft.

Here is how his reinforcement works.

In essence, he can pick up an object, and comprehend it's composition completely, allowing him to Reinforce it.

This get's pretty crazy later on when he uses this in Conjunction with his Projection Magecraft.

Shirou has the Unique Origin of "Sword". This allow's him to use a Heightened level of Projection Magecraft, wherein he traces a Weapons Structure and History, among other things. I will elaborate on this further as we go on.

Here, here, and here, he Projects Caliburn, the Sword of Selection.

Now, most Magus can very rarely produce limited, basic weapons with Projection. Shirou is here making Noble Phantasms, and this is his Weakest Route easily. This is in part due to his Origin, but the Level he holds in this field compared to other's is simply insane.

What's more, Shirou has the ability to trace the History of a Weapon he Projects- In essence, by copying the History, he inherits all of the Skills and Techniques of that weapon and that which it's Wielder used while using the weapon.

This is seen here, with him copying the "Memory" of the Sword and allowing that to guide him

There are better examples of this to go over in the other routes.

Here, he Projects Avalon.

This is normally impossible, as Avalon is a Divine Construct, which should be beyond understanding for even Shirou, let alone a normal Magus. However, Since Shirou is in possesion of the real Avalon inside of him, for all his life, this is a exception. But even so, this is a considerable Feat of Shirou having to visualize a Concept beyond normal Human Comprehension in order to form it into reality, even if only as a Projection. Even The First Hero, The King of Heroes, Gilgamesh, show's surprise, and The King of Knights, Artoria, Shirou's very own Servant who know's Avalon better than almost anyone else, is absolutely floored that Shirou could even project it.

All of this, while it is stated that Shirou supposedly has no talent with Magecraft.

So in a world where character's are able to easily cast Magical Attacks that could kill a normal Human, Shirou has to contend with, to a limited extent, characters that Dwarf those same attacks with ease.

And all of this is taken from Shirou's Weakest Form outside of one's with literally no power's. In UBW and Heaven's Feel, as well as Prisma Illya and as EMIYA the Servant, he is easily showing off even better feats.

So, next we'll take a look at UBW.

Already off the bat we get a crazy feat of skill- He believes he can hold off Kuzuki for a whole miniute.

Kuzuki is a character with the power to easily dominate even Servants. While Strengthened by Medea, his own Servant, he was able to wound Saber with little difficulty. Even without Medea's aid, he show's himself to physically be a complete monster, so Shirou managing to survive for even a short time is insane.

Instinctively he moves to block a attack against Rider

We haven't even gotten to his greatest showings yet, and he's already showing a capability to preserve himself against character's that could kill him with less than three attacks.

Now we get to the real meat and Bones of this- His experiences with EMIYA.

Now, I should preface this by saying, him and EMIYA are a weird exception where by fighting each other alone, their memories bleed in together, due to being the same person- While, as I said earlier, he does have the means of copying a foe's skill, in EMIYA's case he can do it relatively naturally, and mainly only with EMIYA is he able to do so to this degree.

That being said, after simply observing and copying some of EMIYA's base movements and style, he's already performing immensely well against Saber well before he gained the skill to block her attack in the first route.

Again, I need not press this, but, even being able to survive for a short period against Higher level servants is a Feat in of itself, and Shirou is only doing this through sheer skill and technique copied from... Well, himself.

Here, he's copied Archer's base stance even more.

Here, EMIYA admits that he's getting better as they fight.

In the anime, the same scene, but Showing off Shirou gaining EMIYA's skills with almost every blow, showing him beginning to block EMIYA's attacks better and better.

Shirou, by this point, is fully integrating EMIYA's skill (Which we will get to later) into his own.

At this point, Shirou's body is Bloodied and Broken. Most thought process's have ceased, and he stop's consciously using skill- Even so, he presses back EMIYA and fights him off, proving to be a threat with his sheer Instincts alone guiding him.

In the (Objectively Worse Looking) Anime, Shirou Kill's Archer in their battle.

Again, I don't need to stress how taking on a Servant is insane. Shirou killing EMIYA here, in spite of being in all way's outperformed Physically, means he unironically has surpassed himself in Skill, arguably- And it certainly means that he has grown capable of killing Servant like Existences, within reason.

In this version of the anime, it should be noted, unlike the other Anime, EMIYA show's considerably less hesitation in his final moments, which was part of the reason why he lost in the other Anime (From what I can tell anyways). This was all Shirou's win against someone who certainly wanted him dead, even if he toyed with him early on.

Here we see Shirou defeat the King of Heroes, Gilgamesh. Said King, despite his Arrogance that put's him above even the strongest of Servants in his mind, loses to Shirou's Skill, and admits to himself and Shirou that in this moment, Shirou is Superior.

More Accuracy feats, along with him being able to enter a "Archer's Mindset".

Further elaboration on his Mindset

Here we have Shirou able to sense the presence of EMIYA, who is Invisible and Presumably in Spiritual Form while following him. EMIYA then, despite his usual hatred and lack of respect for Shirou, admits he's impressed by Shirou's ability to sense Hostile intent- This could be thrown away as a throwaway comment, but the Invisibility feat is still here.

Can Sense Rin from a room away and can feel her Hostile Intent.

Here, he, Rin, Saber and EMIYA all sensed Medea's Spellcasting. However, he was able to pick up on something all the other's could not.

I've already explained why Saber is extraordinary, and a bit on EMIYA, though I will further address him later. Rin Tohsaka is a Natural Prodigy of a Magus, revered by many a expert, so Shirou's intuition and ability to Sense things picking up on what she couldn't truly say's something.

With just a look, he can both tell that Gilgamesh has a Flesh Body, and that he and Rin would die to him at that moment if they were to follow him, without even knowing who he is.

More sensory feats, getting a headache that tells him where Rin is.

For the second time, in a different route, he show's the ability to Determine the Number of and Autheticity of Gilgamesh's Noble Phantasms.

Traces Durendal

As a result, he should naturally inherit the skills of those who used Durendal in life. I know this thread doesn't really take into consideration skill scaling, but it is still notable that, so long as there is a weapon used by a individual, he can essentially copy that weapon, and then copy that person's Skill and incorporate them into his own.

And now... Heaven's Feel Feats.

In a Bad ending, Shirou Emiya turns his Mind to steel- His mind becomes Emiya Kiritsugu, Metaphorically. After ridding himself of emotion's to steel his resolve, Kirei Kotomine already surmises he will defeat each and every Servant and Master in the Holy Grail War. Shirou Emiya then agrees. And finally, the very narrator surmises that it is a Obvious Outcome.

So basically, he likely solo's several foe's that were able to basically kill him in 2-3 shots, via... Who knows? The only thing he could really use here is... Well, skill and strategy.

After this point, it should be noted, each and every one pf these following Heaven's Feel feats were performed at a time where his mind was crumbling. The Earliest Fight was with Heracles, where he explicitly states feeling his mind undergo severe pains, by the time he fights Artoria Alter he's forgetting names and crucial information, and by the time he's facing Kirei Kotomine he's barely functioning both physically and mentally. Even outside thefights, his mind is still heavily plagued with pain and being destroyed through the story.

In his final battle against Kirei Kotomine, he is able to recognize the region that Kirei's fighting style belongs to, surmising he uses Chinese Martial Arts.

A good feat for his Analysis of others Fighting styles.

He is able to copy Heracles's Weapon and History, gaining the technique he held in life and unleashing Nine Lives Blade Works to kill Heracles.

Here, he learns the details of numerous weapons EMIYA had stored in a short period of time.

Projects the Jewled Sword, Zelretch, which can theoretically allow one to draw upon a infinite amount of Magical Energy.

Projects Excalibur Morgan, the Blackened Version of the Legendary Blade Excalibur, thus gaining the skills of Artoria Alter, which would be the same as that of the true Artoria.

A bunch of projection feats that shows how good he is at projecting and just who he could theoretically gain the skills of.

In the Sparks Liner High Bad ending, Shirou has absorbed so much of EMIYA's Skill, that he is able to replicate EMIYA's Ultimate Technique and use it against Artoria Alter.

It is arguable that at this point, This Shirou Emiya could have the same exact skill as that of the Heroic Spirit EMIYA that appeared in the war.

In the same Bad Ending, Shirou Defeats Artoria Alter. This is a serious battle with Artoria being Blackened by the Grail and Willing to Kill. That is to say, due to influence from Sakura and The Grail, Artoria is holding nothing back. Even so, by pushing himself beyond his limit, Shirou can defeat Artoria in the short term in exchange for utterly shattering his mind.

Now granted, he has to fully exert himself and break his mind to do this, but his mind is already handicapped in this route due to the effect of having transplanted the arm of EMIYA unto himself. He may not end up killing her here, but if he had the energy for one more attack, she's blatantly saying she would die, and that for the moment she is defeated.

This isn't even using his Prisma Illya/Oath Under Snow Feats (Mainly because I can't find many scans for them), where he certainly adapts all of the skill of EMIYA, and he goes on to, with the physical parameters of EMIYA, solo a entire Grail War- Beating characters using Class Cards such as Artoria's, Hassan's, Medea's, etc. Even after losing the Parameter's of EMIYA however, he still put's up a heck of a fight against Angelica, who is essentially Gilgamesh but slightly weaker and more willing to not hold back. It was only when she pulled out Ea that Shirou could not keep up still, because of the sheer force and size of the attack, he could only slow it down.

Moving on, we have Heroic Spirit EMIYA, the Servant Counter Guardian version of Shirou. When summoned as a Normal Servant, his parameter's are still lower than most- Cu Chulainn and other's who he frequently fought just had a degree of blatant raw advantage in one or more categories.

A couple of stealth feats

Keep in mind that in spite of these other characters being unable to sense him (In the case of Sasaki, it still took him time to realize), Shirou could still detect him, and seemingly noticed immediately.

Several sight and sensory feats

More accuracy feats by surprising Rin

Another feat of detecting someone hiding

Able to snipe a foe across a entire city...

Twice.

Throw's his swords into the air in order to hit Caster

Able to mentally blueprint the entire Matou Household

Sniping another foe.

... More Sniping...

Can get a general feeling of if he will hit or not

Curved Shot

This is a good one. Lancer's attacks were way too fast for EMIYA to handle, so he purposefully left openings in his defense that he knew Lancer would exploit, letting him know where to block ahead of time.

Again, Lancer is significantly faster than EMIYA, and arguably stronger, but EMIYA hold's his ground by manipulating where Lancer will attack so he can accordingly block.

Once more throwing his blades in the air to get a strategical advantage against Medea.

In spite of Lancer holding significant Physical Advantage, fights well against him.

Able to wound and match Heracles, who is a absolute beast of a warrior even more so than Lancer.

Kick's Shirou while throwing Blades at Caster Simultaneously, without Caster noticing.

Even while Debuffed by Bloodfort Andromeda, He can Match Rider in combat.

Matched at Hunting with the Legendary Robin Hood, which can be applied to Combat with a Bow

Understands the 8 stages of Shooting

Able to Boomarang his swords (This is a consistent things he does in Combat, mainly with Kanshou and Bakuya)

This became a bit of a feat dump admittedly, but, eh.

Finally, going back to normal Shirou, he is somewhat skilled at making Mundane Objects into Weapons and using them, via his Reinforcement, though he tends to prefer to use this for defense.

Strengthens a Poster, using it in various ways against Lancer.

Also, a Mop.

Shinai

After strengthening his bag, used it as a Shield to block Rin's Attacks

Also willing to use his Jacket as a Shield

Picked up a Chair Leg, fully believing he could use it as at least a rudimentary weapon.

Used a Book to block a attack from Rider, having reinforced it and hid it in his clothes beforehand.

... And that's gonna be it. I haven't even used every version of Shirou here- Besides the Afformentioned lack of scans for Oath Under Snow/Prisma Illya Shirou, there's himself as Senji Muramasa and Angra Mainyu that I didn't use, partially because they're arguably less applicable to Normal Shirou, and partially because it would even further bloat this post. There's EMIYA Alter and the EMIYA from the Moon Cell- Said Moon Cell EMIYA being called No Name and possibly being a similar, but still different, existence. I'm sure there's still more even beyond that.

Also, I know that people here aren't too fond of Skill Scaling, but the fact that he can scale at least somewhat to Heroic Spirits is a insane feat for someone like him. Also, due to being able to replicate the History of a weapon, he could in practice replicate the skill of anyone with a weapon. People who don't use any remote form of weapon are obvious exclusions, and he cannot normally replicate purely Divine Made Weapons as they are conceptually unfathomable in the Fateverse (With a handful of Artoria related exceptions) (Minus No Name, who can replicate them to an extent.)

So, uh... Yeah. ...I feel bad for anyone who decides to go through and look through each of these scans.

Ohyeah, and credit to this reddit post, as well as this one for being my sources of Information. Pretty convenient that these feats were all already gathered and what not.

Last edited:
Nominating Shirou Emiya/EMIYA for Misc. Not gunning for Sora's spot at all, probably not Bullseye's either (Unless people legitimately think the case could be made and won), just wanted to revive the thread a bit.

I would have just gone after the Swordsmen Category since that's Shirou's big thing, but I heavily doubt I'm getting anywhere past Sion, and I do wanna contribute at least something with this post. Thankfully, he is also pretty good with a Bow and a select few other weapons, so he can technically count here.

Here are a few Mundane Skill Feats for his Bow Accuracy as a Human, mostly before he gains most of his notable skill's and techniques.

In the Fate Route, after about a hour of being wailed on, he begins to understand how to Block Saber's Attacks.
Keep in mind that Servants are, for the Most Part, Existences that Physically dwarf Magus's; Even the Strongest of Magi under normal circumstances can only take on Assassin's and Caster's, the physically weakest Servants (This is barring exceptions we see such as a lot of the Tsukihime Character's.). Shirou, until that point, had very little formal training and was mostly self taught, and was described as basically being a weakling. The Saber Class is often revered as one of, if not the, most powerful and skilled class, and Artoria is arguably one of the most Powerful, Fast, and Skilled Saber's. Even if she was holding back, this is a impressive feat for any human in Fate nonetheless.

After extensive training, Saber believes that Shirou holds a chance of Beating her so long as fate favored him.
I don't believe I need to say why this is a massive feat- With the large difference between the fundamental existences of Human's and Servants, much less a Magus who barely knows any Magecraft versus a Top Tier Saber Class Knight King. Even if Artoria lowered herself physically to a Tenth of her Strength, this would be a insane accomplishment, and Artoria thinks this Shirou could do it. Though, this is likely completely ignoring Excalibur as a whole.

Shirou Stating he can Surmise A Servants combative abilities, while also stating that Medusa was not a Superior Servant from what he could tell.

Sensing that Gilgamesh's GOB had completely genuine Noble Phantasm's rather than Fakes, as well as sensing that the Gate of Babylon had Infinite Noble Phantasms.

There are more feats along these lines, but I don't want to get too into detail. Basically, his Analysis is through the roof, as he can determine the Battle Prowess of Character's far above what a Normal Human can normally Gague, as well as him being able to Gauge The Most Powerful Servant (At The Times) Noble Phantasm and the true nature of it with little difficulty.

In essence, he can pick up an object, and comprehend it's composition completely, allowing him to Reinforce it.

This get's pretty crazy later on when he uses this in Conjunction with his Projection Magecraft.

Shirou has the Unique Origin of "Sword". This allow's him to use a Heightened level of Projection Magecraft, wherein he traces a Weapons Structure and History, among other things. I will elaborate on this further as we go on.

Now, most Magus can very rarely produce limited, basic weapons with Projection. Shirou is here making Noble Phantasms, and this is his Weakest Route easily. This is in part due to his Origin, but the Level he holds in this field compared to other's is simply insane.

What's more, Shirou has the ability to trace the History of a Weapon he Projects- In essence, by copying the History, he inherits all of the Skills and Techniques of that weapon and that which it's Wielder used while using the weapon.

This is seen here, with him copying the "Memory" of the Sword and allowing that to guide him

This is normally impossible, as Avalon is a Divine Construct, which should be beyond understanding for even Shirou, let alone a normal Magus. However, Since Shirou is in possesion of the real Avalon inside of him, for all his life, this is a exception. But even so, this is a considerable Feat of Shirou having to visualize a Concept beyond normal Human Comprehension in order to form it into reality, even if only as a Projection. Even The First Hero, The King of Heroes, Gilgamesh, show's surprise, and The King of Knights, Artoria, Shirou's very own Servant who know's Avalon better than almost anyone else, is absolutely floored that Shirou could even project it.

All of this, while it is stated that Shirou supposedly has no talent with Magecraft.

So in a world where character's are able to easily cast Magical Attacks that could kill a normal Human, Shirou has to contend with, to a limited extent, characters that Dwarf those same attacks with ease.

And all of this is taken from Shirou's Weakest Form outside of one's with literally no power's. In UBW and Heaven's Feel, as well as Prisma Illya and as EMIYA the Servant, he is easily showing off even better feats.

Already off the bat we get a crazy feat of skill- He believes he can hold off Kuzuki for a whole miniute.

Kuzuki is a character with the power to easily dominate even Servants. While Strengthened by Medea, his own Servant, he was able to wound Saber with little difficulty. Even without Medea's aid, he show's himself to physically be a complete monster, so Shirou managing to survive for even a short time is insane.

We haven't even gotten to his greatest showings yet, and he's already showing a capability to preserve himself against character's that could kill him with less than three attacks.

Now, I should preface this by saying, him and EMIYA are a weird exception where by fighting each other alone, their memories bleed in together, due to being the same person- While, as I said earlier, he does have the means of copying a foe's skill, in EMIYA's case he can do it relatively naturally, and mainly only with EMIYA is he able to do so to this degree.

That being said, after simply observing and copying some of EMIYA's base movements and style, he's already performing immensely well against Saber well before he gained the skill to block her attack in the first route.

Again, I need not press this, but, even being able to survive for a short period against Higher level servants is a Feat in of itself, and Shirou is only doing this through sheer skill and technique copied from... Well, himself.

In the anime, the same scene, but Showing off Shirou gaining EMIYA's skills with almost every blow, showing him beginning to block EMIYA's attacks better and better.

Shirou, by this point, is fully integrating EMIYA's skill (Which we will get to later) into his own.

At this point, Shirou's body is Bloodied and Broken. Most thought process's have ceased, and he stop's consciously using skill- Even so, he presses back EMIYA and fights him off, proving to be a threat with his sheer Instincts alone guiding him.

Again, I don't need to stress how taking on a Servant is insane. Shirou killing EMIYA here, in spite of being in all way's outperformed Physically, means he unironically has surpassed himself in Skill, arguably- And it certainly means that he has grown capable of killing Servant like Existences, within reason.

In this version of the anime, it should be noted, unlike the other Anime, EMIYA show's considerably less hesitation in his final moments, which was part of the reason why he lost in the other Anime (From what I can tell anyways). This was all Shirou's win against someone who certainly wanted him dead, even if he toyed with him early on.

Here we see Shirou defeat the King of Heroes, Gilgamesh. Said King, despite his Arrogance that put's him above even the strongest of Servants in his mind, loses to Shirou's Skill, and admits to himself and Shirou that in this moment, Shirou is Superior.

Here we have Shirou able to sense the presence of EMIYA, who is Invisible and Presumably in Spiritual Form while following him. EMIYA then, despite his usual hatred and lack of respect for Shirou, admits he's impressed by Shirou's ability to sense Hostile intent- This could be thrown away as a throwaway comment, but the Invisibility feat is still here.

Here, he, Rin, Saber and EMIYA all sensed Medea's Spellcasting. However, he was able to pick up on something all the other's could not.

I've already explained why Saber is extraordinary, and a bit on EMIYA, though I will further address him later. Rin Tohsaka is a Natural Prodigy of a Magus, revered by many a expert, so Shirou's intuition and ability to Sense things picking up on what she couldn't truly say's something.

With just a look, he can both tell that Gilgamesh has a Flesh Body, and that he and Rin would die to him at that moment if they were to follow him, without even knowing who he is.

More sensory feats, getting a headache that tells him where Rin is.

For the second time, in a different route, he show's the ability to Determine the Number of and Autheticity of Gilgamesh's Noble Phantasms.

Traces Durendal

As a result, he should naturally inherit the skills of those who used Durendal in life. I know this thread doesn't really take into consideration skill scaling, but it is still notable that, so long as there is a weapon used by a individual, he can essentially copy that weapon, and then copy that person's Skill and incorporate them into his own.

In a Bad ending, Shirou Emiya turns his Mind to steel- His mind becomes Emiya Kiritsugu, Metaphorically. After ridding himself of emotion's to steel his resolve, Kirei Kotomine already surmises he will defeat each and every Servant and Master in the Holy Grail War. Shirou Emiya then agrees. And finally, the very narrator surmises that it is a Obvious Outcome.

So basically, he likely solo's several foe's that were able to basically kill him in 2-3 shots, via... Who knows? The only thing he could really use here is... Well, skill and strategy.

After this point, it should be noted, each and every one pf these following Heaven's Feel feats were performed at a time where his mind was crumbling. The Earliest Fight was with Heracles, where he explicitly states feeling his mind undergo severe pains, by the time he fights Artoria Alter he's forgetting names and crucial information, and by the time he's facing Kirei Kotomine he's barely functioning both physically and mentally. Even outside thefights, his mind is still heavily plagued with pain and being destroyed through the story.

In his final battle against Kirei Kotomine, he is able to recognize the region that Kirei's fighting style belongs to, surmising he uses Chinese Martial Arts.

A good feat for his Analysis of others Fighting styles.

He is able to copy Heracles's Weapon and History, gaining the technique he held in life and unleashing Nine Lives Blade Works to kill Heracles.

Here, he learns the details of numerous weapons EMIYA had stored in a short period of time.

Projects the Jewled Sword, Zelretch, which can theoretically allow one to draw upon a infinite amount of Magical Energy.

Projects Excalibur Morgan, the Blackened Version of the Legendary Blade Excalibur, thus gaining the skills of Artoria Alter, which would be the same as that of the true Artoria.

A bunch of projection feats that shows how good he is at projecting and just who he could theoretically gain the skills of.

In the Sparks Liner High Bad ending, Shirou has absorbed so much of EMIYA's Skill, that he is able to replicate EMIYA's Ultimate Technique and use it against Artoria Alter.

It is arguable that at this point, This Shirou Emiya could have the same exact skill as that of the Heroic Spirit EMIYA that appeared in the war.

In the same Bad Ending, Shirou Defeats Artoria Alter. This is a serious battle with Artoria being Blackened by the Grail and Willing to Kill. That is to say, due to influence from Sakura and The Grail, Artoria is holding nothing back. Even so, by pushing himself beyond his limit, Shirou can defeat Artoria in the short term in exchange for utterly shattering his mind.

Now granted, he has to fully exert himself and break his mind to do this, but his mind is already handicapped in this route due to the effect of having transplanted the arm of EMIYA unto himself. He may not end up killing her here, but if he had the energy for one more attack, she's blatantly saying she would die, and that for the moment she is defeated.

This isn't even using his Prisma Illya/Oath Under Snow Feats (Mainly because I can't find many scans for them), where he certainly adapts all of the skill of EMIYA, and he goes on to, with the physical parameters of EMIYA, solo a entire Grail War- Beating characters using Class Cards such as Artoria's, Hassan's, Medea's, etc. Even after losing the Parameter's of EMIYA however, he still put's up a heck of a fight against Angelica, who is essentially Gilgamesh but slightly weaker and more willing to not hold back. It was only when she pulled out Ea that Shirou could not keep up still, because of the sheer force and size of the attack, he could only slow it down.

Moving on, we have Heroic Spirit EMIYA, the Servant Counter Guardian version of Shirou. When summoned as a Normal Servant, his parameter's are still lower than most- Cu Chulainn and other's who he frequently fought just had a degree of blatant raw advantage in one or more categories.

Keep in mind that in spite of these other characters being unable to sense him (In the case of Sasaki, it still took him time to realize), Shirou could still detect him, and seemingly noticed immediately.

Several sight and sensory feats

More accuracy feats by surprising Rin

Another feat of detecting someone hiding

Able to snipe a foe across a entire city...

Twice.

Throw's his swords into the air in order to hit Caster

Able to mentally blueprint the entire Matou Household

Sniping another foe.

... More Sniping...

Can get a general feeling of if he will hit or not

Curved Shot

This is a good one. Lancer's attacks were way too fast for EMIYA to handle, so he purposefully left openings in his defense that he knew Lancer would exploit, letting him know where to block ahead of time.

Again, Lancer is significantly faster than EMIYA, and arguably stronger, but EMIYA hold's his ground by manipulating where Lancer will attack so he can accordingly block.

Once more throwing his blades in the air to get a strategical advantage against Medea.

In spite of Lancer holding significant Physical Advantage, fights well against him.

Able to wound and match Heracles, who is a absolute beast of a warrior even more so than Lancer.

Kick's Shirou while throwing Blades at Caster Simultaneously, without Caster noticing.

Even while Debuffed by Bloodfort Andromeda, He can Match Rider in combat.

Matched at Hunting with the Legendary Robin Hood, which can be applied to Combat with a Bow

Understands the 8 stages of Shooting

Able to Boomarang his swords (This is a consistent things he does in Combat, mainly with Kanshou and Bakuya)

Finally, going back to normal Shirou, he is somewhat skilled at making Mundane Objects into Weapons and using them, via his Reinforcement, though he tends to prefer to use this for defense.

Also, a Mop.

Shinai

After strengthening his bag, used it as a Shield to block Rin's Attacks

Also willing to use his Jacket as a Shield

Picked up a Chair Leg, fully believing he could use it as at least a rudimentary weapon.

Used a Book to block a attack from Rider, having reinforced it and hid it in his clothes beforehand.

... And that's gonna be it. I haven't even used every version of Shirou here- Besides the Afformentioned lack of scans for Oath Under Snow/Prisma Illya Shirou, there's himself as Senji Muramasa and Angra Mainyu that I didn't use, partially because they're arguably less applicable to Normal Shirou, and partially because it would even further bloat this post. There's EMIYA Alter and the EMIYA from the Moon Cell- Said Moon Cell EMIYA being called No Name and possibly being a similar, but still different, existence. I'm sure there's still more even beyond that.

Also, I know that people here aren't too fond of Skill Scaling, but the fact that he can scale at least somewhat to Heroic Spirits is a insane feat for someone like him. Also, due to being able to replicate the History of a weapon, he could in practice replicate the skill of anyone with a weapon. People who don't use any remote form of weapon are obvious exclusions, and he cannot normally replicate purely Divine Made Weapons as they are conceptually unfathomable in the Fateverse (With a handful of Artoria related exceptions) (Minus No Name, who can replicate them to an extent.)

So, uh... Yeah. ...I feel bad for anyone who decides to go through and look through each of these scans.

Ohyeah, and credit to this reddit post, as well as this one for being my sources of Information. Pretty convenient that these feats were all already gathered and what not.
I ain't reading all that blud.

Yes.

I don't know how Shirou stacks up to other people on the list, so yall can decide that on your own ig.

Guys I was joking I did actually read it. 🗿 🗿 🗿

You'll still have to decide on your own how Shirou stacks up.

Analytical Prediction: Shirou. He can contend with servants such as Saber and EMIYA who have far better feats of analytical prediction than Sora, which are even stated to just straight up border precognition. In fact, I don't even see any feats that are really AP for Sora tbh.

Accelerated Development: Shirou. He was able to adapt to Saber's technique in days and EMIYA's in the span of a single fight. Much more impressive compared to Sora taking months to learn his techniques.

General Skills: I'd honestly give it to Shirou as well. He faces a lot harsher realities than Sora and always fights from a position where he could be dead in an instant against opponents who easily one-shot him. He can learn how to wield pretty much any weapon instantly through analysis which gives him mastery over pretty much anything. He is very quick with coming up with ideas and plans, and can even replicate the mindsets of other individuals. He is capable of going up against those with bullshit magic in the Fate verse, and just a lot more...

Information Analysis/Mimicry: Shirou... for reasons I don't even think I need to explain. It's his bread and butter.

Only thing I remember from Bob's skill essay is that he can wield three floating swords at once or something.

Oh, sorry, I got busy, as usual I'll compare stuff based on this

Precision; I'll give this one to Shirou

The plural for "attacks" is misleading as you can clearly see it's specified to only be quite barely the first blow, and so this is barely of note TBH.

Okay, this is more usable, although the issue then becomes of how skilled Saber was at the time to begin with, considering the verse I'd also be careful on scaling skill as AP/hax stomps are within possibility to say the least.

I guess this is somewhat of note for strategical skill, although not by much as how useful it's in practice isn't elaborated on.

Most of this are just abilities that don't properly correlate to combat skill (combat skill is the main focus here in fact, otherwise this'd just be a Intelligence discussion in general), as said in the blog, what matter is what's done with the powers (so long they aren't straight up hax for the purposes in here, lol), rather than just the methodology/effort behind it.

Uh.. what feats do Kuzuki and Rider even have skill-wise to begin with? Scaling skill and AP/speed are quite different things and all, plus there's not much provided in the links to claim they're particularly big skill displays or anything.

Uh... skill mimicry feats are cool and all, but they aren't inherently that big of a factor beyond displaying analytical skill, can he even combine copied skills or so?

Traces Durendal

I can't help but think that some of these are straight up hax, how he's sensing others doesn't appear to be implied to be based on contextual clues, but rather it just being the case, and so I'm not sure if that kind of feats would even be usable here, I'm still fine on the extra precision feats/statements, however.

Doesn't even looks to be on purpose, so this seems like a minor instintive reaction skill feat at most.

The question is if he'd retain such skills afterwards, and more importantly if he can combine them, as much as mentioned above regarding skill mimicry.

I may as well point out at this point that fighting while wounded and whatever in a barely-alive state and the like is not skill, as much as stuff like type 2 immortality and supernatural will/stamina isn't, at best you could argue that it's impressive he can keep with apparently skilled characters in such a crippled state, but that isn't even quantificable skill TBH.

That said, it's only confirmed that he'd be a superhero, which is quite vague, and even then, you're already admitting that the foes he'd challenge aren't exactly quantificable for skill here, so I don't think this bit can be used to measure skill.

Sure, I guess.

Also just abilities and Supernatural Will/stamina and so on, not particularly skill to begin with, he's even saved by someone else as apparently he had to hit a bit more before just being obliterated in a single blow otherwise.

Not a combat skill feat, keep that as just photographic memory/intelligence if anything.

And then it's stated to be a cheap copy that can't even cut paper in the same scans.

And how skilled the other characters are isn't explained much to be particularly quantificable for the most part, AP doesn't correlate to skill and all of that.

As far I can tell this is just a power than skill per-say, lol.

Hax for this kind of sensory stuff as said before, and IDK if eyesight can even be inherited from copying skill, let alone that in itself not being skill as much as having more arms than usual isn't, even if potentially useful.

I guess I'll concede the precision stuff.

More context? If such shots are homing attacks (in general, of course) then feats involving sniping lose value for combat skill, as it's just an ability doing the difficult part over it being skill per-say.
https://gfycat.com/widedirtyeyra

Good coordination skill feat.

Some of those scans don't have context and seem basically no different from just upscaling from characters without further details on how good they are beyond mere reputation.

They still provide a decent showcase of whatever he inherits by copying the skills of others I suppose, but I'd still tread back to skill copying not being that big of a thing skill-wise without further details.
https://imgur.com/gz4wVwp

...Just swinging it around and unrolling it to use it as a one-time shield, I guess it's still notable as he could briefly barely keep up with it, however.
https://gfycat.com/boilingremorsefulhippopotamus

And how good it was in practice? Merely using a unconventional thing as a weapon isn't a skill feat in itself, nor is enhancing it physical propierties as that's just an ability.
https://imgur.com/a/XByeXKG

Hardly a feat as it just breaks nearly immediately, there's better feats in other parts of what you've posted for blocking attacks already, however.
https://imgur.com/a/XIEudTg

Okay, but they aren't too much of note IMO, as it's just for a single attack as far I can see.
https://imgur.com/a/SgkNrQr

And how good it was in practice...?
https://imgur.com/a/pcTgiBu

I don't think that's skill to begin with as it doesn't seem he moved so it hit there in particular or anything, as much as a character having some armor isn't a skill feat.
https://gfycat.com/malecolossalbass

Overall, it seems Shirou mostly sticks out in terms of Precision skills, with arguably above average Instinctincts and Awareness (leaving at a side seemingly straight up abilities for that), and skill mimicry.

I'd still have to ask, however, what weapons can he even use? I've noticed that most scans featuring him directly for the argument have him using swords, occasionally a bow (and not in combat, respectively), and some improvised weapons that barely helped at all.

Analytical Prediction: Shirou. He can contend with servants such as Saber and EMIYA who have far better feats of analytical prediction than Sora, which are even stated to just straight up border precognition. In fact, I don't even see any feats that are really AP for Sora tbh.

I'll concede this bit as nothing comes to mind against it.

Accelerated Development: Shirou. He was able to adapt to Saber's technique in days and EMIYA's in the span of a single fight. Much more impressive compared to Sora taking months to learn his techniques.

Techniques directly copied from someone else, which in itself doesn't include how to combine them, use them in synchronization nor upgrade them, at least as far the scans shown here say, and Sora has not only relearned his stuff on his own multiple times, he has also displayed the capability to use such techniques in synchronization to optimize his options.

General Skills: I'd honestly give it to Shirou as well. He faces a lot harsher realities than Sora and always fights from a position where he could be dead in an instant against opponents who easily one-shot him. He can learn how to wield pretty much any weapon instantly through analysis which gives him mastery over pretty much anything. He is very quick with coming up with ideas and plans, and can even replicate the mindsets of other individuals. He is capable of going up against those with bullshit magic in the Fate verse, and just a lot more...

Information Analysis/Mimicry: Shirou... for reasons I don't even think I need to explain. It's his bread and butter.

I mean, would you say that Guts is more skilled than Sora just because he has a harsher life? No, but anyways, it'd be a NLF to claim that he'd be able to analyze any kind of weapon whatsoever for the purposes of skill in particular, and Sora still has experience against foes using multiple sorts of weapons and powers as well across multiple kinds of places.

I've already gone over the skill mimicry and whatever on several parts above.

Only thing I remember from Bob's skill essay is that he can wield three floating swords at once or something.

Shmooply L, please read here, as you can see, not only Sora has better multi-wielding feats than that, he can also swap between weapons on the fly to optimize his options in relation to the opponents and circumstances, which as far I can tell it's also something quite lacking for Shirou, I could also go on how he could deflect a omnidirectional danmaku while in synchronization with Riku, which is more impressive than deflecting dual wielders, which is also something he has dealt with multiple times, including while also being pushed into disfavorable placements or having to worry about other characters and lasers at the same time, he can even disrespect opponents that can take him down in one attack by taking selfies while dodging and being weaponless.

All of these nerds typing about fictional characters level of skill when they get folded irl by your average mug-blooded American.
As someone who's had a dad in the SOFCOM I can confirm this, but not the American part.

Fr anyone who's spent time in the military and that has preexisting anger issues solos all of these weeb anime verses.

Feats >> Gay anime statements

If we were going purely by visual feats and not statements for skill I think that Hank from Madness Combat would easily fold everyone in this list.

(Even the average movie skill man has more impressive visual skill feats than anime people tbh)

Back