• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saber vs Archer but a bit different this time (Nero vs No Name)

Let's determine this. Who shall stand as the strongest of the playable servants? MMC Emiya vs MMC Nero

Both at High 3-A, Both have prior knowledge of each others abilites. Speed unequal, battle starts at 1 KM distance.

"You aren't her, so it won't feel wrong if I kill you, I suppose.": 4 (Solacis, DragonEmperor23, Schnee One, Managements)

"UMU! I am so much greater than a regent of Britannia! I am Rome itself!": 1 (Paul Frank)

Gilgamesh bursts onto the scene laughing his ass off, stopping the battle:

Depends on if Gil shows off his weaponry first, so once he leaves, Archer will have some super Anti-ROMA weapon and cleave Padoru in half.

Definitely Archer. He has like, five aliases. That means he has six Saint Graphs. So he's six times as good as Nero. And you only need to be 1.1 times greater than someone to be better than tham. Also the name of Nero's profile starts with "Playable" so thats minus points because she doesn't have a real name.

You guys can start fraing now.

Honestly, I think Archer takes this with his greater versatility. They're basically the same in terms of AP, so Archer's collection of weapons would be enough to take the advantage.

Voting Archer high-diff.

From what I recall her Moon crux is much stronger then the mystic Code, and that was before she got even stronger as Venus

So if that's the case Nero's AP is actually rather huge

Don't forget that UmU can revive herself 3 times and when she summons her theater she gets a stat amp, gradually lowers Emiya's stats and gets the ability to ignore durability

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

With Saber Venus' AP.....

Maybe.......

Tune in for Saber Venus v Dante

Anyway, @Paul, are you gonna vote?

Considering how Archer's arm was able to defeat Saber Alter (who in addition to having higher parameters than Nero also had rank B instinct to help her) with three wing crane realm, the fight against Nero would probably end in the same way the moment Archer decides to use that technique, maybe even with Nero's np active.

Well even with them knowing about each other's abilties I can't think of any anti resurrection nps off the top of my head that Emiya would have so Nero would have her 3 lives

During the time it takes Emiya to kill Nero once his stats, which are already lower than her's from the second the theater is summoned, continue to lower.

Nero also needs like 1 hit to kill him since she ignores durability in the theater and her stats would be higher than his and have a constantly increasing gap between them the longer it takes Emiya to kill her three times

I vote Nero because I'm pretty sure it's easier for her to kill Emiya once than it is for him to kill her three times with a constantly widening stat gap in Nero's favor and the fact she can cleave him in two with one hit

That literally shut down ubw after he did that. I'm also pretty sure that was still Miyu boosted Shirou wasn't it?

Using bootlegged Emiya powers.

And I don't believe Miyu was boosting him.

There's no reason to assume Emiya proper, especially MMC Emiya, couldn't do that.

Harpe is one np that works as anti-ressurection (it denies every method of healing that is against natural law and is specifically made for killing immortals, which ressurection is a part of). Also recall how EMIYA, who is 1 parameter lower in both strength, luck and clairivoyance compared to Nameless, was able to kill Herc 6 times, all of them being different A rank attacks. Saber's resurrection is basically that without the immunity to A rank attacks or the resistance against the same attack being used twice.

Also, I'm not entirely positive, but shouldn't rulebreaker, which is said to be a dagger that can nullify every magecraft, be able to put down the bounded field that Nero puts up?

If it was Miyu boosted Shirou I'm pretty sure he has an effectively infinite supply of mana which is why he stomped the war in a night

Harpe doesn't have anti resurrection properties it only has anti regen and the part where it can kill immortals but that is due to their life span not because they can revive themselves also UBW doesn't have Harpe iirc

Iirc Emiya didn't just kill Herc 6 times in direct face to face combat there were circumstances behind it

I don't know if Rulebreaker can put down the theater

If Emiya copied her sword to neg the ap difference his stats will still continue to lower and she still ignores durability and cleaves him in two

Nero's isn't an RM, but it's like it. The theather is actually there, in whatever world it is summoned into.

So if she used in UBW, she'd have a theather sitting in UBW. If she used it outside of UBW, and Emiya used UBW, then it would be locked in the normal world, I think.

DragonEmperor23 said:
What happens if Nero and Emiya both use their Reality Marbles?
I'm pretty sure they just stack?

The theater isn't a reality marble since it is built ontop of whatever the current world is instead of materializing her inner world

Just did some quick research, imperial priviledge is only usable for skills that Nero has experience in, so things like instinct (which is something you are either born with or not) shouldn't be usable.

source: Fate/Extra Material

Nero can give herself things she normally wouldn't have experience in due to her own nature

Paul Frank said:
Nero can give herself things she normally wouldn't have experience in due to her own nature
Here's the word-for-word quote I got this from:

"However, even so, one could not acquire skills without basis. Since Saber was a polymath with ample curiosity, she had experience in most of the skills.
Let's say one day Sabre decided "I can pilot a jet! It is nothing, just adjust the plane according to altitude, not too different from the jet chariot I invented!" And just like that, she would figure out how to pilot the plane."

The definition of "experience" is broad as you can see, but it is still a limiter for the things she can learn, which (most likely) wouldn't include instinct. It's most likely the reason why Saber isn't a master at magecraft too- she never had any experience in magecraft.

The magecraft issue has less to do with experience and more with lack of interest. Simon left it clear that Nero has a lot of potential there and is outright stronger as a Caster, but other stuff claim her attention more.

Irrc, unlike god-hand, thrice-setting sun doesn't even bring her back to full health when she revives (more like 20%), so without any master to heal her, it would be much easier for Nameless to defeat her again when her condition is already poor.

Unless I am forgetting, that would be more of a gameplay issue. Battle Continuation also doesn't revive you with a set amount of health but that's exactly what it does in FGO.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Unless I am forgetting, that would be more of a gameplay issue. Battle Continuation also doesn't revive you with a set amount of health but that's exactly what it does in FGO.
In the absence of info from lore that hints otherwise, we can only assume that it works as per gameplay mechanics, Fate Extra is much more consistent with Nasuverse lore than FGO.

At what point have we actually seen or been told about any resurrection ability (or similar) in the Nasuverse leaving you half dead after reviving? Especially a Rank A ability that is expected to be powerful? I don't even know what the relevancy of "consistency" is, when that's an empty statement.

Right, just checked Fate/Last Encore, when Nero uses Thrice-Setting Sun and cut herself to bleed out her poisoned blood without dying when Robin Hood hit her, the wound still remained (and was even bleeding a little bit). In addition, she states "as long as my body is relatively whole, I can return to life up to three times" which implies she wouldn't revive against a decapitation or her torso getting cut in half (which is exactly what the final move of three wing crane realm does) and neither can she do anything about being atomized by excalibur image.

Back