• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 2 Revisions Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Smashor said:
End of the line dosn't matter. The weapons are in the game. The game is canon. So the weapons are canon. This isn't Overwatch, where the gameplay is completely non-canon.
The fascination with Overwatch is odd, because again, I never brought it up. So don't.

Yet we never see them at all ever, strange, but I guess we can agree to disagree on the matter.

I'd settle for 8-C with Optional Equipment, as they aren't ever used in cinematics or other media so they clearly aren't standard.

Anyway, I won't be able to respond until I get home from work, so continue without me.

Abstractions said:
I'd settle for 8-C with Optional Equipment, as they aren't ever used in cinematics or other media so they clearly aren't standard.
8-C for the Yeti and Saxton (which will likely not be accepted) and 8-C with vaporizing weaponry for the mercs was what I was going for.

The Smashor said:
I'm bringing up Overwatch because you're treating this like Overwatch.

WE SEE THEM IN THE EFFING GAME!

Okay, but they can take hits from them, too.
Apparently every single game with weapons of questionable canon in the world is suddenly Overwatch? Christ, calm down. You made the comparison, not me, so drop it.

Seeing a weapon in-game =/= standard equipment. Are we about to assume the Hammer of Dawn is standard for Marcus Fenix because he uses it? Are Forerunner weapons standard for Master Chief? The answer is no.

Except we don't accept that.

Schwxnz said:
A great number of the alternate weapons are shown in the comics. Some examples here.

8-C for the Yeti and Saxton (which will likely not be accepted) and 8-C with vaporizing weaponry for the mercs was what I was going for.
8-C for Yeti and Saxton wouldn't be right, no. The latter is fine, it just should be noted that these weapons are optional of course and not standard/with them all the time.

WeeklyBattles said:
Tfw we do actually consider forerunner weapons as standard equipment for chief
The weapons are saved under the "Additional" category, which, in other words, could be construed as optional.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Pyro has an 8-C explosion fear from the comics IIRC
Via his weapon that he doesnt scale to as hid durability from said feat was calced at 9-B

dang

I still feel like they should be higher cause cow mangler vaporization, it feels wierd to just completely ignore that feat

Cow mangler doesnt scale to them physically, it's only a feat for the weapon itself seeing as the feat its 9-A for is vaporizing the mercs, so it wouldn't make much sense for them to scale to something that can vaporize them

There is a thread discussing that there's going to be a distinction between blunt force durability and heat resistance. Being able to survive 9-A levels of heat doesn't mean they can survive the same level of force. Same thing vice versa.

Not always. It's entirely capable of one shotting them and again it doesnt make sense for them to be able to simultaneously take hits from the weapon and at the same time get vaporized by it. Them being able to take a hit from it is game mechanics at best and inconsistency at worst

The explosions would have to originate from within Pyro himself in order for him to fully scale to it, plus we dont ever actually see his proximity to the epicenter of the explosion so we cant say for certain that he was in it

The "Epic center" argument only works regarding the force of an explosion. If a blast/explosion is simply a big heat wave such as a fuel ignition, you simply take the size of the target and the temperature of the blast; the epic center VS the edge doesn't actually change that much and the feat doesn't generally exceed Wall level.

Actually, their vaporizing weaponry would be 8-C, as would be their energy/heat resistance.

Also, Buttersamuri is going to calc the tank explosion from the last thread soon-ish. That may or may not change something.

When resisting heat, you also kind of need to take emissivity, density, ect. In the case of a human, human vaporization is 291,982,509 Joules, and that's considering 944.72 degrees Celsius as the change in temperature. Boiling point of steel is 2500 degrees C. So change in temperature would be 2472.5 C. 291,982,509 Joules/944.72 * 2472.5 = 764 170 075 joules which is 9-A with a "+" sign. That would more or less be the heat resistance of the human characters.

@Schwxnz, hasn't quite been evaluated; plus it doesn't appear to be using the typical shape for over pressure barring. OPB is for cylinder shaped explosions; spherical ones still use the ones found in Explosion Yield Calculations. Using the standard formula, the feat remains at Wall level.

Well, these are the feats that I am aware of:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2889662#436; 42897.4742451 Joules

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3573252#11; 390,475.57 Joules

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2889662#221; 695813.380465 Joules

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Asdtgh/TF2_Proper_Speed_Upgrade_(WIP) (Flying Guillotine KE; 285,787.74 Joules - 731,606.2458 Joules)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DarkDragonMedeus/TF2_Missile_Tanking; 270566.52 Joules at worst, 17268510.3157 Joules at best

Also this is likely going to be rejected, however I do believe that Saxton should be rated at possibly 8-A.

Abstractions refuted my arguments for 8-C Saxton, but there is something I haven't mentioned until now. The statement that nothing could stop the Yeti does imply that nothing would be able to do serious harm to the Yeti and while it is correct that the person who said that most likely doesn't know about the weapons such as the Cow Mangler; there is nothing to suggest that nukes don't exist in the TF2 universe. Nukes vary from 8-A to 7-B, and as we are supposed to use the lower end if it is unknown I believe that warrants for a "Possibly 8-A" rating for Saxton.

To support the fact that Saxton is far above the mercs, they are nothing but subnormal men in his eyes and Margaret - who Saxton directly scales to - casually dominated Heavy in a tug of war

TLDR; IMO Saxton should be upgraded to "Possibly 8-A" via beating the Yeti in the comics.

The smallest 'Nuke' is the w54 which is only 10 tons but iirc there are shoulder mounted nuclear warheads that only have a 9-A yield

By the way any class loses half of their HP if they hit the ground with velocity of about 3000 HU/s or 57 m/s which is wall level. However if we compare that velocity too soldiers rockets (which is allowed but I hate it)

Comparing it to the rockets for KE sounds like Calc Stacking. And it's not realistic for them to fall faster than terminal velocity speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back