• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 2 Revisions Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hale has 9-A for beating a yeti that can casually take hits from weapons that can vaporize people (And RPGs I guess). The Yeti's Ap should scale to it's dura. I'll admit, it probably would only be a "Possibly", and Mercs don't scale to full vaporization. Pyro and Sniper took hits from the Yeti, and Scout survived being thrown hard enough to damage it.

They survived casual hits from Yetis, similar to how people have survived hits from Grizzly bears, but that doesn't make those normal humans Wall level.

You saying that the mercs are normal humans?

Since Sniper pretty clearly survived getting stepped on pretty hard, the Yeti likely killed Solider (We see him break his spine) so it was very much willing to kill and Scout surviving being thrown hard enough to damage it while being was almost undamaged by the encounter.

The Soldier was one-shotted, and that fact that his spine was torn so easily shows the Soldier shouldn't even be scale to them at all. Also, I'm pretty sure if we calculated the soilder getting through, it wouldn't be any higher than Wall level. Also, there is a big difference between durability and survivability. If they survived an attack, but every single bone in their body was pretty much crumbled, it's not really a durability feat in that scenario.

Sniper and Pyro got up a few seconds after. Scout was pratically uninjured by being thrown hard enough to sent the Yeti flying a few feet.

Solider also got up at the same time as Sniper and Pyro, meaning Kill Me Come Back Stronger pills are combat applicable.

That's still not enough proof to scale them, they were still rag-dolled and fodderized. No different than Krillin surviving hits from Cell or Batman surviving punches from Doomsday.

Scout being thrown hard enough to send the yeti flying several feat.

Don't get me wrong, I feel like 9-B, possibly 9-A is the best TF2 can get, but it's still impressive.

Also Solider has combat applicable type 4.

His spine snapped. It's likely because of the Kill Me Come Back Stronger Pills that he took, thinking they were Merasmus' heart medication, that he came back.

They were knocked unconscious, that shows they're way weaker than Yeti. Also, Bulma and Hercule Satan survive attacks from enemies stronger than they are with seemingly no visible damage all the time. And they don't scale either.

They woke up literally less then a minate later. They are way weaker, but they arn't so much weaker that they don't scale.

Bulma and Hercule survive because the villains hold back. This is even noted by the characters. The Yeti clearly wasn't holding back considering it literally snapped Solider's spine.

You could argue that Doomsday doesn't hold back because he's a berserker, but Batman still survived hits from him. And various Resident Evil characters are 9-B but don't scale despite surviving hits from various 9-A characters rag-dolling them.

Even the Heavy, who is the most durable of the 9 mercs is consistently oneshotted by rocket launchers, and easily fodderized by the Yeti.

@DDM

Tf2 dosn't have this

Resident Evil characters are actually 9-A, tho.

They downscale greatly, as I said multiple times, but they still scale.

@Weekly

They wern't undamaged. But, they got up a few seconds later almost completely fine.

Perhaps, but TF2 dosn't have outliers as bad as Marvel and DC. Marvel and DC have so many outliers that we literally wrote seperate rules for them.

If you want to give an example of why a feat is an outlier, don't use Marvel and DC.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Even the Heavy, who is the most durable of the 9 mercs is consistently oneshotted by rocket launchers, and easily fodderized by the Yeti.
One shotted by missles?... Yeah no I feel that there is some degree of nerfing there as I could have remembered he can still take hits from them but him getting one shotted from a yeti seems likely though he does somewhat survive a few blows from said yeti.

@Anomalous First 10 seconds of this video says hi

@Smashor outliers are less about big gaps or number of them and more about context. If there own best physical striking feats are Wall level consistently consider other Wall level weapons and attacks threats, and anything higher than that is consistently portrayed as overkill and/or done by characters way above the main cast. Then the main cast should be 9-B. Also, it was discussed on the Heat vs AP thread that heat based weapons such as the Cow Mangler shouldn't scale to durability. This is one of many examples of Wall level, and plenty more linked above.

@DDM

For your first point, that's extremely inconsistant, since Scout tanked three of those same missiles. Those are literally Solider's rockets.

For your second point, it's not really potrayed as overkill. Scout was more scared then anything else when he hit the yeti hard enough to send him flying.

Are you honestly saying we should take characters being vunerable to guns in fiction as a reason to downgrade them when literally every other verse boarderline ignores characters being harmed by guns?

@Smashor, first of all, stop straw-manning me. Second, Scout's durability was recalculated at Wall level in durability. Third, no, they would be 9-C if we did the bullets thing. They're at least 9-B which is good. And the difference is multiple characters have multiple striking strength and physical durability feats exceeding Wall level. Here everything higher than 9-B is mostly heat rather than force and not really enough to qualify as higher than 9-B for the mercs.

Side note, Resident Evil cast are up scaled from killing Zombies. They don't scale to the giant monster type characters. They also aren't scaled from the High 8-C characters.

Ironic. You claim I'm straw manning you, when you are straw manning me. I never claimed Scout's dura wasn't recalced. I was saying Heavy being one shot was an inconsistantcy.

Things higher then 9-B are not just heat. The Yeti should be able to tank an RPG since RPGs exist and it's stated that man-made weapons can't harm the yeti. So yeah, 9-A yeti.

I was talking about the bullet example, and you have a history of doing similar and worse things on other threads but not going to go into detail. Cow Mangler is pure heat as it's the vaporizing weapon. And Yeti being 9-A is fine, not he shouldn't scale to the mercs due to the fact that he literally stomps them. Comparing the Mercs to the Yeti is like comparing the Imp to the Baron of Hell.

@Weekly

Scout, who is weaker then Heavy, tanks three in-canon.

@DDM

If we want to jab, you have a history of doing far worse. I, too, won't go into detail.

Cow Mangler is energy. Energy =/= heat.

Comparing the Mercs to the Yeti is more like, pardon the obscure verse, a normal middle schooler in Azure Striker Gunvolt named Rei surviving an explosion from an 8-B without breaking any bones but still being no match for them and clearly being far weaker. Perhaps 9-A isn't something that can be done, but I feel like 9-B+ is more than reasonable, since in the example I used normal humans became 8-C+ as a result.

All I want is to resolve this peacefully.

It's Thermal energy, which is still change in temperature. Also, doing my job isn't a crime. I'm not imfamous for borderline harassing, shouting, and cussing at people for instance. And I only ban people when they deserve it, it's our job.

And no, we don't backwards scale like that. Fodder characters scale from their own feats rather than backwards scale from a character multitudes stronger than them. Normal humans survive Street level stuff all the time, but that doesn't make them Street level. And actually, my Imp vs Baron example is more on point since it's a brute fodderizing mooks smaller an weaker than him. Not someone tanking a big explosion.

I never claimed doing your job is a crime. I appriciate admins on this site when they make the site a better place to be. Using your status to push revisions that would never be accepted otherwise, however, is different. I'm not nessisarily talking about this one, either.

We do and have several times. Until recently, Fate was like that.

Sure, Humans survive Street Level stuff, but they usually are knocked out for an extended period of time or can't move. Sniper and Pyro got up after a few seconds.

It wasn't a big explosion. It was a small explosion with 8-B AP. They were knocked into a nearby store, but were still able to move and didn't break any bones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back