• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 2 Revisions Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
The previous thread had 500 posts and plenty of circular stuff, so I suppose it was inevitable for this to be remade. But we should go back to the main points about the consistency and other stuff that are iffy. Both the tierings and the speed.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
The previous thread had 500 posts and plenty of circular stuff, so I suppose it was inevitable for this to be remade But we should go back to the main points about the consistency and other stuff that are iffy. Both the tierings and the speed.
Alright like I was saying what about the whole holding their own against damaging and destroying robots and tanks of "this size." Which were the size of miniature buildings? Also Heavy decimated some weapon called "Sir Nukessalot." As if there were more reasons that I said bringing them down to 9-B wouldn't be the most well assured thing to do right now.

Post a scan of the robot

Wht feats does sir nukesalot have?

Thus far there isnt much supporting anything above 9-B so unless you can find something...

The fact that the Yeti casually stomped all of the mercenaries really hurts the chances of them being 9-A, just saying

For the Saxton Hale feat, it's clearly not a perfect circle, so it is a significant high ball, but assuming a 2 meter radius, 20 cm thickness, and using fragmentation of concrete. That's would be 3,768,000 Joules. This is a high ball, so the actual result should be lower than this. And Hydraulic presses are typically 2000 PSI or 390,475.57 joules. More 9-B feats it seems.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
If we have to wait for evidence from you upon every instance where you request extra time for such to be given, then you can wait for someone else when they do the same.
King speaking truth

@Medeus: Thanks a lot for your help.

Saxton Hale ripped a bear in two as a baby, could this upgrade his lifting strenght?

He defeated an yeti, which was so durable that it was said nothing on Earth could kill it-- granted, the statement is not completely reliable, but shouldn't this include the weaponry of the mercs at the very least, thus keeping Saxton at 9-A via upscaling from weapons like the cow mangler?

Adding on to this, no one in the verse scales to him. Heavy did never engage in a tug of war with him, he engaged in a tug of war with Margaret instead and even then he was quickly worn down.

Saxton also might needs his description changed, as it's implied he's way stronger than Heavy. He oneshottd Yet, and Yeti solo'd/stomped every all 9 mercenaries. Saxton and Yeti could still be 9-A if it's implied the strongest RPG rounds can't do anything to the Yeti. But it looks like 9-B is the most consistent thing for the playable characters.

Yeah, and the reason why some people think that Heavy is just as strong as Saxton is this scene from the comics- which just doesn't make much sense, especially since it's been made clear that they never engaged in a tug of war-- seeing how Margaret holds the rope that has been at Scout's neck afterwards.

Something else that supports Saxton scaling far higher than the mercenaries is that even regular australians are implied to be a lot stronger than the mercs and even a australian who has been robbed of the source of his strenght survived having his neck snapped by Soldier (before / after).

AP-wise, there isn't that much that I have left- except that Demoman chopped off the head of a statue with the Eyelander- I dunno if it's really calc-able, but I vaguely remember something similar being calc'd at 9-B.

Heavy also threw the TFC Heavy against a wall, destroying a fairly chunk of it (before /after).

Speed-wise, despite what's been agreed upon in the last thread, I'd argue that Scout's bullet-timing in Meet the Scout is legit. "Scout isn't reacting nor dodging to anything, he's literally running while bullets constantly miss him." -- Right from 0:16, you can see that the bullets were actually going to hit him in the legs, but he moves to the sides- while he keeps running forwards and moves his legs behind (as in, moving them a lot higher than one would when normally running) to avoid the bullets.

About the lifting strenght for the mercs: In the other CRT I brought up a video, which explains that Scout can hit with a force of 40.8 kilonewtons/4.16044 tons and you've said that it could be a backup for their Class 5- it seems to be higher than the feat they currently scale to, so we should likely use this.

Solid intelligence ratings:

- Scout: Above Average via his current description seems fine.

- Soldier: Below Average via everything he's ever shown.

- Pyro: Above Average via the feat that's already listed in his description, I guess? I don't really remember any other intelligence-feats by him.

- Demoman: Above Average, as it's heavily implied that he makes his own explosives. (~0:25- 0:32)

- Heavy: Above Average, possibly higher via his current description seems fine.

- Engineer: Extraordinary Genius via having eleven hard science PhDs, and being implied to be comparable to his grandfather, who build a life-extender-machine for Blutarch and Redmond Mann and designed the Sentry guns, as well as likely the dispensers and the teleporters. He is also comparable to Medic when it comes to smarts.

- Medic: Extraordinary Genius via his current description seems fine.

- Sniper: Average seems fine, I guess?

- Spy: Gifted via being able to impersonate someone he didn't meet before nearly flawless- the TFC Sniper even admitted, that his disguise would have fooled him if the TFC Engineer hadn't plucked out his eyes and replaced them with some… anti-spy-eyes?

- Saxton Hale: Average, possibly a little above average. While he might not act all that smart most of the time, he's still a capable buisness man and has invented things such as the high five, as well as multiple martial arts- (jarate, drunken headbutting, drunken boxing, drunken cry-fighting, drunken apology-making and shaolin drunken knife wrestling)

Sniper's range: In the 'The Insult That Made a "Jarate Master" Out of Sniper' comic, it's been said that Sniper was going to run five miles away and shoot the BLU Spy- that should upgrade his range to ~8,04672 Kilometers.]

Also, with the exception of the TFC Heavy, the TFC mercs do not scale to the TF2 mercs . While the TFC Heavy did tank a beating from an bloodlusted Heavy and stomped him afterwards, the rest of the TFC mercs have lost pretty horribly.

Wow Schwxnz, You really outdone yourself on this one awesome job nevertheless. :)

As for the whole "Which explains that The Scout can hit with a force of 40.8 kilonewtons/4.16044 tons and you've said that it could be a backup for their Class 5- it seems to be higher than the feat they currently scale to, so we should likely use this."

Seems indeed useful. Don't worry too much as there are still yet be calcs on TF2 in the Calc board.

WeeklyBattles said:
Post a scan of the robot
Wht feats does sir nukesalot have?

Thus far there isnt much supporting anything above 9-B so unless you can find something...
TF2 Mann Up - Sir Nukesalot
TF2 Mann Up - Sir Nukesalot

Vaporization. Energy weapons can vaporize people in TF2. That's objectively 9-A. Scout also has a 9-A durability feat.

Weekly, just becase 9-A TF2 will AP stomp Overwatch when it loses it's High 8-C dosn't mean you need to nuke the verse.

Well, in regards to TFC mercs, they scale to TFC Heavy and TFC Sniper, who have reliably harmed the TF2 mercs, and there is an assumption that their peak forms would be superior to their current states, and are obviously comparable to each other

I don't think we have keys for the old versions of TFC mercs due to an absolute lack of feats. The only ones we do have keys for are, again, Sniper and Heavy, who have harmed the current mercs.

@Weekly

I see. Well, the vaporizing weapons still can't be ignored. There are several in the game, and mercs can take several hits before being vaporized, espesially with weapons like the Bison.

The Pyro also has weapons that can almost instantly reduce people to ash.

Because it's a common occurring problem with a lot of first person shooter verses is that while game mechanics make the scaling inconsistent, the games overall story is more down to earth. Plus, there is a big distinction between blunt force trauma and attacks that are pure heat. For example, glass has more heat resistance than solid still, but that doesn't make glass physically more durable than steel. Same with melting vehicles being an 8-C feat despite those same vehicles being flattened easily by 9-B attacks. Plus, inverse square law is another thing that needs to be factored when it comes to surviving feats that are mostly heat and/or radiation rather than force.

Plus game mechanics tend to be really weird it makes no sense for weapons to do little to nothing at first but suddenly vaporize them after a specific number of hits.

The vaporizing weaponry from the mercenaries is able to vaporize robots, how far into 9-A would that be?

This would directly scale to the Yeti from the A Fate Worse Than Chess comic, as it was implied that such weaponry could do nothing to the Yeti and Saxton Hale, who casually defeated said Yeti.

@Schwxnz

It would probably be the same, or at least similar.

The Yeti definately would be 100% immune to vaporizing attacks from energy weapons, so Hale probably would keep 9-A.

The thing is, how do the mercs scale to Hale? While Hale is australium boosted when preforming 9-A feats, the mercs spend time around Australium all the time. It's what lets basically everything supernatural in the verse outside of magic work, like teleporters.

Merasmus being able to control the Carnival of Carnage with his magic and the mercs being able to barely survive magic attacks from him is also a noteworthy feat.

(The below feats come from this animatio)

Also, Sniper, Pyro and Solider were able to take hits from a Yeti that should be compareable to the other Yeti, who in turn should be compareable to it's durability in AP, which would be 9-A. They were stomped, but they lived. While you can argue Solider only lived because of Kill me Come Back Stronger Pills (Espesially since the Yeti snapped his spine), there's no such excuse for Pyro and Sniper. They survived outright, getting up a few minates afterwards. Scout also survived being thrown by Hale hard enough to damage the yeti.

Don't get me wrong, they still downscale significantly from Hale, but they still scale somewhat most likely.

Oh, I guess this also means Kill Me Come Back Stronger Pills are combat applicable for Solider and Merasmus.

Saxton literally stomps Yeti who in tern stomps all of the mercenaries, Hale could keep his 9-A rating due to being RRG proof among other things, but he's in another class compared to everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back