• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 2 Revisions Continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrightly then

However I do still have a question regarding Scout's rocket tanking feat: Why is it outlierish? Is it because BLU mercs are consistently oneshotted by rockets? If so, that isn't all that valid because RED mercs >>>>>>>>> BLU mercs. None of the other RED mercs have come in contact with rockets except for Demoman (who while he didn't tank them directly, still tanked three rockets while alreadly being in a wheelchair) and Soldier, who is perfectly capable of rocket-jumping.

Also, could the fact that vaporizing weaponry is capable of vaporizing giant robots warrant for a upgrade for several weapons of the mercs, the Yeti and Saxton?

I know that the mercs are going to be 9-B+ at best, but Medeus said that Scout doesn't fully scale, as the feat is "kind of outlierish"- I'm asking why that should be the case.

I did mention about how they could cooperatively destroy up Sir Nukesalot, a demoman robot about the height of a 2 story building.

@Schwxnz It's outlierish because we saw seconds before the multi rocket feat, was saw a single rocket that wasn't even a direct hit literally knocked out Scout and broke his leg; a notable 9-B Anti-feat. And Scout's literally incapacitated after that feat regardless of whether or not the explosion was point blank. We don't consider getting F***ed up pretty bad to be a feat, but the exact opposite of one. And on top of that, there's multiple feats and anti-feats that fit comfortably with the cast being 9-B.

Also, the whole "Red mercs being a lot stronger than blue mechs" is kind of a cutscene gag, as the game play considers the teams equal. Most character introduction trailers have kind of the intention to hype of the character, so they often make the specific character look stronger or tougher than normal. And/or they give their respective classes a purpose, such as Medic healing people and amplifying people.

Also, still need a clip on Cow Mangler vaporizing robots.

It's kind of hard to see what's going on or if that's actually vaporization. Plus, it might be considered going off as game mechanics. It looks like the robots just disappear in general when they die.

Even still that would only apply to the gun, not scale to the mercs directly

So are we good to apply this?

As I've finally found a clip where a Giant Robot is being vaporized, Butter Samuri calc'd it and it's Building Level.

This scales to the Yeti from the comics, Saxton Hale and the following weapons…

Scout: Batsaber, C.A.P.P.E.R

Soldier: Cow Mangler 5000, Righteous Biso

Pyro: Phlogistinator, Manmelter, Neon Annihilator, Third Degree

Demoman: None

Heavy: None

Engineer: Pomson 6000, C.A.P.P.E.R, Short Circuit

Medic: None

Sniper: Shooting Star

Spy: None

Schwxnz said:
As I've finally found a clip where a Giant Robot is being vaporized, Butter Samuri calc'd it and it's Building Level.This scales to the Yeti from the comics, Saxton Hale and the following weapons…
Scout: Batsaber, C.A.P.P.E.R

Soldier: Cow Mangler 5000, Righteous Biso

Pyro: Phlogistinator, Manmelter, Neon Annihilator, Third Degree

Demoman: None

Heavy: None

Engineer: Pomson 6000, C.A.P.P.E.R, Short Circuit

Medic: None

Sniper: Shooting Star

Spy: None
Cool.... Don't know if it would scale to their own stuff physically however...

... Also I need to remind him about something also actually... hmm... Oh now I remember.

The Batsaber dosn't do any more damage than the regular bat. The CAPPER is no stronger than a regular pistol. The Pomson is outright much weaker than the Shotgun.

Would the mercs have 8-C energy resistance or something?

Are these weapons ever actually used in canon material?

Also not understanding how this scales to Saxton.

The Smashor said:
@Abstractions

This isn't Overwatch. Gameplay is canon material.
Not what I asked, and OW is completely unrelated to the question?

You can say that they use these weapons all you want, but no other media actually portrays any of them, at least what I've seen from the comics or any cinematics. End of the Line was a community thing with items in the game, but we don't treat that as canon. So we clearly have standards for what's accepted.

Also, I'm assuming because you didn't answer the Saxton question is because he doesn't scale, right?

Saxton can beat a yeti who's considered strong enough that the world's weapons can't damage him. This probably dosn't include bombs and things, but at least would include Mann Co.'s weapons.

"Nothing on Earth would stop him" sounds vague and I'm not completely sure how that translates into "no weapons can harm him" especially when we don't have proof of that, it wouldn't be proper to give it an 8-C rating solely off that.

The weapons are on earth. If we really wanted to strech we could give it 7-B because nukes.

But I honestly don't care too much about Hale or the Yeti.

The Smashor said:
The weapons are on earth. If we really wanted to strech we could give it 7-B because nukes.

But I honestly don't care too much about Hale or the Yeti.
Yes, but not everyone is cognizant towards secret experimental weaponry they have never seen or heard of before, if the statement was made by someone with higher knowledge, maybe, but it wasn't.

Also, just because you could doesn't make the lesser option any more credible.

"nothing on earth would stop him" implies that none of the weapons in the tf2 verse would be able to do much harm to it. for what its worth, another yeti in expiration date no-selled a point blank shotgun blast by soldier, which would give the statement at least some validity

Narbund2 said:
"nothing on earth would stop him" implies that none of the weapons in the tf2 verse would be able to do much harm to it. for what its worth, another yeti in expiration date no-selled a point blank shotgun blast by soldier, which would give the statement at least some validity
The Yeti researcher themselves would have no knowledge of any experimental weaponry that could harm it, suggesting so would be wrong.

That's more feasible, but it was off-screen so we don't know if it hit or if the Soldier missed, and even if that were the case, no-selling a shotgun would only be a 9-B feat, and wouldn't exactly support anything in Tier 8.

The Smashor said:
The Yeti researchers likely know about Mann Co.'s weapons, since Hale was working directly with them.
Saxton only worked with the researchers to find the Yeti and I personally find it hard to believe that he would give them such needless information about secret weaponry when that wouldn't even be necessary nor would he have because he undid all their hard work by punching it. It just wouldn't make sense.

Saxton isn't particularly the type of person that would keep such weaponry a secret. He showed Miss Pauling some """secret weapons""" despite there being no reason to, as she couldn't afford them anyways (The Contract).

He also wouldn't care about undoing all of their hard work whatsoever. He sees an animal, he wants to fight it. That's just his way of thinking.

Schwxnz said:
Saxton isn't particularly the type of person that would keep such weaponry a secret. He showed Miss Pauling some """secret weapons""" despite there being no reason to, as she couldn't afford them anyways (The Contract).
Miss Pauling has connection to the Mercs though, she isn't a random environmentalist wanting to study and pacify rare wildlife.

Also not understanding the excess of """"".

Schwxnz said:
He also wouldn't care about undoing all of their hard work whatsoever. He sees an animal, he wants to fight it. That's just his way of thinking.
This doesn't necessarily strengthen your point, it just means that he's reckless, there's still no evidence they would have any idea of such weaponry even existing, because we have no proof of it, if Saxton himself made the statement then you would have a point, but he didn't, so I'm not seeing it.

Good point, however there wasn't a reason for him showing her the weapons and he more or less did so out of nowhere; she clearly didn't have enough money for said weapons, as both of them knew. It'd be totally in-character for Saxton to try to sell the weapons to random people.

I'm sorry, that was dickish from me.

Quick question. Been seeing talk about how the vaporizing weapons aren't in other canon material besides the game. Though I'm wondering, why does it have to be in other canon material when it is already in the biggest canon material ever, which is the game that is Team Fortress 2? It seems a little silly that it has to be in other cabins for it to be okay and it seems like this is just something that wouldn't happen with other verses.

Jackythejack said:
Quick question. Been seeing talk about how the vaporizing weapons aren't in other canon material besides the game. Though I'm wondering, why does it have to be in other canon material when it is already in the biggest canon material ever, which is the game that is Team Fortress 2?
Because there is also community content patched into the game like stuff from End of the Line, but we treat that as non-canon. Hence why I asked if other material also contained these weapons.

Narbund2 said:
how does a "at least ___, possibly 8-c" rating sound?
I would be accepting of the possibly if it weren't then suggesting that Saxton too could atomize robots with punches and tank weapons like the Cow Mangler, which sounds overinflated.

I would wait for mod/admin input.

I think at that point it just means the weapons in End of the Line are canon but the short in End of the Line isn't.

Jackythejack said:
I think at that point it just means the weapons in End of the Line are canon but the short in End of the Line isn't.
But the two come together, to say one is canon but the other is not just because the items are now physically in-game and thus canon is silly, either all of it is or isn't.

End of the line dosn't matter. The weapons are in the game. The game is canon. So the weapons are canon. This isn't Overwatch, where the gameplay is completely non-canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back