• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 2 possible AP upgrade

Abstractions said:
"Well, calculating all of the rockets that hit scout will give you another result. And the hit are directly, just see the video by yourself, pausing the moments it hitted the Scout."
Someone getting hit by 95 megajoules 3 times close together is different from getting hit with 3 times the force of 95 megajoules. Why is it that a bulletproof vest can stop smaller caliber rounds multiple times in quick succession but would get punched through easily by a higher caliber round?
First of all he was hit one time by a force, and after 5 seconds hit again 3 times by the same force.

"And?"

That's exactly what's happening here? Meaning Scout doesn't need to be more durable than 9-A for the feat?

TheLegendaryHerker said:
Im free to give my opinion and chat anywhere I have the freedom and the will to say it. Saying if invincibility fails against the mechanics because it dont allow the player to go out of the map/cause bugs its pretty stupid. Bothering? i literally said i will not take what you said seriously.
I think you misunderstood me. I'm not saying "you can't say what you think here", I'm saying, "it's not worth arguing something if you refuse to even recognize the other side of the argument".

You're not taking my arguments seriously, as you said. What says I, or any other person, should take yours any more than that?

TheLegendaryHerker said:
Play the game and see it by yourself. I will not say this same thing again.
Then by all means don't say it again. I've put forward my argument on why game mechanics confounds the feat and that there is no support in the lore. If your response to that is "play the game" and you aren't providing anything more substantial than that there's no argument to be had.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
Any decent person can see that the explosion is not the pxs you stated.
Then correct me and tell me how many px it is, if "any decent person" can see what is wrong about it.

This is getting pretty tiring as this has amounted to me asking where I need to fix the scaling and you telling me anyone can see it without actually answering the question.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
Scout survived a certain tons and he is High 8-C
Citation needed. You admitted yourself that your calc was incorrect, DDM redid it even with your faulty methods at 9-A, and the Narutoforums one is 9-A when adjusted due to being not nuclear.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
Bruh, i would appreciate if we stop this. 5 blocks full of texts with a discussion about "who eated a hotdog faster than me" repeating all over again. This is getting sick and annoying
So you're equating a discussion on important character statistics changes to a hotdog eating contest.

This also isn't even really what I'd call "walls of text"; I've seen far worse on far less controversial threads.

Suffice to say you're unwilling to discuss the topic reasonably so we can drop it. It's not worth objecting to any changes or rejections on your proposals if you're not willing to defend them though.

Dargoo Faust said:
So you're equating a discussion on important character statistics changes to a hotdog eating contest.

This also isn't even really what I'd call "walls of text"; I've seen far worse on far less controversial threads.

Suffice to say you're unwilling to discuss the topic reasonably so we can drop it. It's not worth objecting to any changes or rejections on your proposals if you're not willing to defend them though.
So you're taking a metaphorical phrase seriously. I'd love to say a big r / wooooosh to you right now.

So you wanna continue this childish talk? Fine. i have the whole day to argue it with you. i dont care if you saw far or less threads. This even matter here?

I just said your third line right now.

Between the "r/wooooosh" and "childish talk" I think we're just about done talking seriously here.

So the High 8-C proposal should be soundly rejected; and MHS should be removed from Scout until better speed feats are found. I'll link the 9-A calc on the profile and remove the abilities that were brought up earlier from Scout's profiles.

I'll close the thread later when I get someone to unlock the pages, unless other members would like to interject with something.

@Herker, how does two rockets multiply the result by 10 or better yet 3 multiply by a hundred? That's not even close to how it works. 3 or 4 would multiply it by around that; plain and simple. Or if anything, 3 or 4 rockets attacking at once isn't quite the same than as multiplying it by 3 and for since it is possible for some parts of the explosion to cancel each other out. And I agree with Dargoo on the rest.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@Herker, how does two rockets multiply the result by 10 or better yet 3 multiply by a hundred? That's not even close to how it works. 3 or 4 would multiply it by around that; plain and simple. Or if anything, 3 or 4 rockets attacking at once isn't quite the same than as multiplying it by 3 and for since it is possible for some parts of the explosion to cancel each other out. And I agree with Dargoo on the rest.
I calculated the blasts scout survived and all of them reached 8-C to High 8-C, getting sources from the RPG-7 power that his launcher is based, since we cant get another accurate source of it. I never said two rockets multiply the result by 10 or better yet 3 multiply by a hundred. I just calculated the blats, all of them and 3 of them, reaching 8-C to High 8-C. What do you mean by multiplying by 3 and 4 or 3 rockets attacking at once? They were all the same pottence, One hitted him one time and after 5 seconds more three. 5 seconds of difference dont change anything, same to one rocket if he survived three in less than 10 seconds. I used the converters and calculators around the internet, if they were wrong its not my problem.

Can you link your calculations then?

ThisLadWithTheCrowBar-5.1 said:
TheLegendaryHerker said:
but I am too lazy and i dont have to spend all of my free time editing this
Welp! We won't be seeing anything else new from them if you go like that!
So basically you are saying i am the only one human on this wiki who know team fortress and have the ability of editing pages :p

Also, please stop quadruple posting as it's spamming the thread. And don't use long quotes either as it makes the thread redundant and unreasonable. Anyway, looking at the thread, the math wasn't even properly done.

Normal warheads of the RPG-7 are 0.21~2.1 kg which is 9-B. 0.21~2.1 kg = 210~2100 g = 878640~8786400 Joules. In that thread, you also multiplied it by 2^4 when it should have just been multiplied by 4. That gets you 0.84~8.4 kg or 3514560~35145600 Joules which is 9-B to 9-A.

If you want to use the PG-7VR rockets, which are around 95,298,833 Joules and 9-A, then 4 of them would still be 381,195,332 Joules or 91.1078709369 kilograms which is still 9-A. All in all, nothing indicates anyone being higher than 9-A.

Yeah, try replying to things in one comment if you can, instead of replying to four separate things with four separate posts. It's taking up thread space unnecessarily.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
Also: Why tf i have to put a citation on a thing i just explained to you by repeating my own comment? Nosense.
You need to prove claims you make with scans, calcs, etc. Read the rest of the post:

You admitted yourself that your calc was incorrect, DDM redid it even with your faulty methods at 9-A, and the Narutoforums one is 9-A when adjusted due to being not nuclear.
So considering everything you've posted so far is false by your own admittance, I'm curious where you're pulling "Scout survived several tons" from.

Also, I think the OP's initial proposal was rejected and it sounds like any possible AP upgrades to anything beyond 9-A seems to be rejected. Is there anything going on here now? It seems the next thing to take care of is the speed downgrade since Bonk is too iffy.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Is there anything going on here now? It seems the next thing to take care of is the speed downgrade since Bonk is too iffy.
Dargoo Faust said:
So the High 8-C proposal should be soundly rejected; and MHS should be removed from Scout until better speed feats are found. I'll link the 9-A calc on the profile and remove the abilities that were brought up earlier from Scout's profiles.
If someone could unlock the profiles so I can add the changes that were agreed on, that'd be nice.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Also, I think the OP's initial proposal was rejected and it sounds like any possible AP upgrades to anything beyond 9-A seems to be rejected.
Wouldn't give your hopes up, You'll never know one day they might show some higher feats then 9-A as crazy doubtful as it sounds to some.

Wouldn't give your hopes up, You'll never know one day they might show some higher feats then 9-A as crazy doubtful as it sounds to some.
what are you talking about, TF2 is dead r

Dargoo Faust said:
what are you talking about, TF2 is dead r
Saying that a game who have one of the most active communities and never left the top 10 since 2007 to present is pretty ironic

But when's Team Fortress 3 coming out? Supersonic combat speed is fine since they can keep up with Scout. And Dargoo is an Admin now, so he can take care of the changes that were agreed.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
But when's Team Fortress 3 coming out? Supersonic combat speed is fine since they can keep up with Scout. And Dargoo is an Admin now, so he can take care of the changes that were agreed.
we dont need a TF3 Also Scout can blitz a level 3 sentry gun that shots over 1700 m/s (Doubles Heavy Minigun Speed) Could he have Transonic movement or reactions?

Source for the 1700 m/s? And how does it mean double the minigun? Keep in mind that Rounds per minute =/= muzzle velocity.

That's not even close to 1700 m/s. Also, 853 m/s would just be how fast the bullets travel when launched, it has nothing to do with the Sentry's turning speed which appears to be much lower than that.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
we dont need a TF3 Also Scout can blitz a level 3 sentry gun that shots over 1700 m/s (Doubles Heavy Minigun Speed) Could he have Transonic movement or reactions?
Blitzing a sentry gun that needs to slowly turn to hit a target =/= moving as fast or faster as the bullets it fires.

You'd need to show the Sentry has MHS/HS reactions first, then we can reason Scout is at that level.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
That's not even close to 1700 m/s. Also, 853 m/s would just be how fast the bullets travel when launched, it has nothing to do with the Sentry's turning speed which appears to be much lower than that.
How not close to 1700? 853+853 = ??? 853m/s is the firerate of the weapon. Scout in various times can dodge a level 3 sentry gun fire using speed, even a Engineer with the wrangle can get trouble with him, you can see it various times while in game. And yes, it has things to do with turning speed, since a sentry while turning can catch every class in the game, except the Scout

Back