• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

merasmus additions and regeneration upgrade.

So as far as i know, all magic stuff from most maps are caused by merasmus right? if so, i think he could get some new stuff

gotta rememeber that only 2 things have shown the long range magic to cast curses, portals and stuff on the maps, merasmus and the wheel of fate.

but, there are lines saying that he is responsible for the wheel's curses, most notable those four

list of merasmus's curses

BFR, weather manipulation and range upgrade: some maps like carnival of carnage feature a giant whirlwind on the sky that expands and sends everyone somewhere once the round ends for a minigame, it is spawned in with a shockwave of energy after the tickets are delivered, same color as merasmus', so i think is safe to say it is his doing.

however, some maps have this whirlwind since the beginning, if we assume that whirldwind are clouds forming a portal or anything, he should get weather manipulation and a big range upgrade since, you know, clouds are far away usually, might be hundreds of meters too idk. tier 7 merasmus let's go

Portal creation: some maps have whirlwind portals or white voids on coffins that send you somewhere, and bombinomicon can send you to merasmus island + it cursed demo's eye into monoculus, and merasmus can apparentely summon it, who regularly teleports and leaves portals.

Possible Soul manipulation: In the first video i sent, we can see ghosts coming out of the ground when the vortex is summoned, those could be souls, also the gargolye we get absorbs the souls of dead enemies, which belongs to merasmus (optional equipment i guess).

also one of the wheel's effects is summoning ghosts.

Broadway force, more BFR and dimensional travel: In a few maps he can force everyone to teleport somewhere and start dancing, even those who are dead and waiting respawn, they can't even speak during it.

Astral projection: simple enough, he is even unaffected by soldier burning his body and soldier called him a ghost.

Possible immortality type 1 and 7: this might be just a inconsistence of the comics but merasmus claims he was born before time and but he says he lived for 6K years, so maybe he didn't have a body or something until then, which would also mean he was dead during that time.

yeah is probably a inconsistence or merasmus is just intimidating them, but merasmus can live and fight as a ghost even when his body is burned and stuff, so maybe type 7 could work, one of his voicelines says that he is feeling "ghost pain".

Incorporeality: as of above, he is a ghost during the game.

Access to magic spells and books: Merasmus is responsible for pretty much all magic in the halloween, and he is a 6K years old wizard, so i think it makes sense he would know the spells that the mercs can learn by picking up the books, i mean, he has a collection of magic items in his collection, like the bombinomicon.

Power bestowal and statistics amplification: Can give super jump, super speed, ubercharge and crits to players, also players don't drown when he fills the map with jarrate.

Status effect inducement: Can put players on fire, make them bleed and rain jarrate.

Gravity Manipulation: Can remove gravity...most of it, reducing it.

Biological Manipulation: Can shrink, enlarge heads and inflate heads.

Water Manipulation???: Can fill the map with Jarrate.

Size Manipulation: Can shrink players.

time travel justification: the current one is solid, but i think this one is a good explicit extra (acausality type 1 to everyone???)

Teleportation feat: Can also teleport weapons and ammo away.

Intelligence justifications: should add in that he is 6000 years old, knows several spells, has contacts with mafias around the world, had a library full of magic and ancient books, and seems to know about eldritch gods and traditions, he should be straight up high

Speed upgrade:
From what i remember, even scout can'tt outrun him, but still, the other classes can't anyway so he should be at least Peak human in movement.

Resistance to soul attacks?: Undertale got this for taking attacks to the soul like normal ones, and as i showed, merasmus can supposedely fight as his soul, and if we are using his game self as well, he can take a lot of damage to it.

Resistance to Status Effect Inducement and fire manipulation: Merasmus cannot be set on fire, made to bleed, covered in Mad Milk, Jarate, Gas Passer or Marked for death.

Regeneration: I'm surprised this isn't on the profile considering he does that when he shapeshifts, should be mid-low like everyone else, but see below.

Potential Regeneration upgrade

Minecraft Players got mid for recovering from arrows to the skull, in tf2, you can survive headshots from the huntsman and heal it off, and yes, the arrow sticks to and through your head, so unless minecraft has extra reasons, i don't see why tf2 wouldn't have this.

to support this, they can survive and heal off vitasaw hits, which harvests organs on hit, yeah it would be low-mid but is still a suporting feat, and arrows canonically stick to you.

if the head stuff is regarded as gameplay stuff, low-mid should work, i simple see no reason why their regen is unknown.

Last edited:
I'm surprised he doesn't have a lot of this stuff on his profile. I disagree with the immortality stuff because of the reasons you've provided. I'm also iffy on the regen thing, since we don't know if matches in TF2 are canon, so the canon mercs likely never had an arrow fly through their head. Everything else in the OP looks good, though.

even those who are dead and waiting respawn, they can't even speak during it.
This should be classified as ressurection or whatever we call that ability wow shmoopy imagine maining healers in games and not knowing what its called for obvious reasons.

Pretty sure we use gameplay stuff though, medic got a upgrade to his medigun ressurection based on reflected cow maggler shots

Last edited:
You didn't answer my question (?) 🦍

Anyway, you know which staff member usually deal with TF2 stuff?

Back