• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

merasmus additions and regeneration upgrade.

Stevethebarbarian
Amelia Lonelyheart
Eficiente
EliminatorVenom
Kiryu2012
Torlikoff
Robot972

Besides abstractions and DDM, those are all the knowledgeable members

BFR, weather manipulation and range upgrade
Makes sense.
Portal creation
Also makes sense.
Broadway force, more BFR and dimensional travel
I'm not sure that forcing people to dance counts as broadway force, especially given that there's no music to go along with it. It's more body control or something along those line. As for being sent to the underworld that makes sense for dimensional travel.
Astral projection
Does being a ghost count as astral projection? I thought it would be more type 7 immortality.
Possible immortality type 1 and 7:
See above, but type 1 also makes sense here.
time travel justification
Don't think more is needed but it's fine.
Intelligence justifications
Perfectly reasonable addition, though he does have his moments of pure stupidity (as do most TF2 characters) so that might be mention worthy as well.
Speed upgrade
He can outspeed scout on occasion yes.
Resistance to soul attacks
If that's how the wiki views it then it's good to add.
Resistance to Status Effect Inducement and fire manipulation
Might just be gameplay mechanics but given that there's nothing else to go on it works.
Regeneration
Definitely gameplay mechanics with the huntsman arrows.

i should add on that one of his voicelines says that he is feeling "ghost pain" which implies he is a ghost there, so that supports immortality type 7 and should give all mercenaries spiritual NPI.

i found some proof of merasmus being reponsible for it, gotta rememeber that only 2 things have shown the long range magic to cast curses, portals and stuff on the maps, merasmus and the wheel of fate.

but, there are lines saying that he is responsible for the wheel's curses, most notable those four

if accepted, i'll add it's abilities to the OP, as they would belong to merasmus and the wheel simple chooses them at random

i should add on that one of his voicelines says that he is feeling "ghost pain" which implies he is a ghost there, so that supports immortality type 7 and should give all mercenaries spiritual NPI.

i found some proof of merasmus being reponsible for it, gotta rememeber that only 2 things have shown the long range magic to cast curses, portals and stuff on the maps, merasmus and the wheel of fate.

but, there are lines saying that he is responsible for the wheel's curses, most notable those four

if accepted, i'll add it's abilities to the OP, as they would belong to merasmus and the wheel simple chooses them at random
I guess if this works

I disagree with Mid regen, as that is a game mechanic, considering we see Sniper dying from exactly that in Sound of Medicine. Other abilities seem fine though

No, they don't have regen naturally, only with items such as mediguns, mad milk or merasmus regen, medic being the exception.

The arrows impale you on the wall if you die so they are genuinely impaling you, i don't see how that's gameplay mechanics, most classes can't survive a headshot on their own and need healing sources and overheal to regen anyway.

We accept cow mangler's vaporization effect for calcs and mediguns revival

Also the huntsman page says that the arrow impaling you and sticking you to walls is canon

Mercs not being able to survive headshots is exactly the reason they shouldn’t have Mid regen, even with healing. Healing without a Reanimator beyond that point is useless, since, well they’re dead.

Don’t see how the Cow Mangler is relevant here.

Arrows sticking out of the Mercs would be Low-Mid at most.

Because some like soldier and heavy and all overhealed classes can, and their regen can heal it off in the end, the regen stopping when they die is the real gameplay mechanic

Is relevant because is another cosmetic effect being used as literal

Any class surviving getting shot in the head is a clear game mechanic. In literally every instance outside of gameplay, the Mercs die from a single headshot. Just look at Meet the Sniper, Meet the Spy, and Sound of Medicine. In all of them, the ones that get headshot die instantly. Even Soldier and Pyro, who can survive one non-charged headshot ingame.

I have no idea what you mean by this. The Medigun can’t regenerate dead people without the Reanimator.

That only applies to the Medigun with the Reanimator.

Meet the sniper: we have no idea how long he was charging for the heavy, the gideo shows us that the sniper can wait hours if needed, only two heavy classes there died to quick scopes.

Meet the spy: engineer can't survive a headshot, no contradiction

Sound of medicine: sniper can't survive a headshot, no contradiction

Only 1 example worked there, you are missing the point that anyone with bullet resistance or overheal can survive the arrow, and from that point on, any heals they get heal off the damage, they don't have immortality type 2 or regen naturally, only through healing and resistances to most classes.

It can heal off the arrow head damage if they survive it.

missing the point, we are still using a cosmetic effect for vaporization calcs and the medigun's revival

Btw i forgot about the regen change, even though i helped it, not sure if a arrow hole is severe brain damage, if it is, i can go for lod mid, possible/likely mid

Pyro and Soldier clearly die to quickscopes, despite them being able to survive ingame. Engineer can survive Ambassador headshots ingame. Even if we ignore the Engineer and Sniper example, the fact that Pyro and Soldier instantly die from quickscopes show that they can't survive bullets to the head, let alone arrowheads.

You are missing the point that literally nothing outside of game mechanics shows the mercs being able to survive stuff that impales their skull. There is no "healing off" the arrow headshot damage if they die from it. You have to prove that they can survive it outside of game mechanics when it is contradicted in literally example there is in canon.

The Vaporization point is completely irrelevant here. The Mercs can't be healed back to life after being vaporized normally, they need the Reanimator for that.

i'm saying once again, that the point is that they can survive it with overheal and resistances anyway, they surviving it naturally or not is irrelevant, and every heal source in the game can heal off that damage, how is this hard to understand?

again, missing the point, we are using a cosmetic effect for calcs and revival but not arrows sticking to you.

This is going absolutely nowhere. Overheal and resistances doesn't change my point. In literally every instance outside of gameplay, the mercenaries die after their skull was pierced by a bullet or arrow, what's so hard to understand about that?

Unless you provide an actual instance in canon of the mercenaries surviving a bullet/arrow being lodged in their skull, count me as disagree.

Overheals and resistances are amps, them dying on base is irrelevant because once they get amped and survived, they heal off the damage.

Whatever, is low mid at minimun, i'll update the OP.

Back