• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 2 possible AP upgrade

Scout is able to send Heavies and their 150 kg weapons flying like 70 feet away. Shouldn't that require 2 tons of force at bare minimum, even without taking Heavy's weight into account?

Schwxnz said:
Scout is able to send Heavies and their 150 kg weapons flying like 70 feet away. Shouldn't that require 2 tons of force at bare minimum, even without taking Heavy's weight into account?
Sending an average person over the horizon is only 9-B, I don't see how sending Heavy flying a relatively short distance would be High 8-C.

Dargoo Faust said:
Fan O' War is not Death Manipulation. It marks targets for Death but doesn't induce it, and the effect of this is simply causing them to take more damage from attacks, which could be interpreted as Damage Boost.

Double-Jump isn't flight (unless we agreed to link it to flight but eh), we just say he can double Jump/jump additional times.
1) It's Status Effect Inducement

2) It kind of is, especially if you count the Soda Popper.

Dargoo Faust wrote:

Sending an average person over the horizon is only 9-B, I don't see how sending Heavy flying a relatively short distance would be High 8-C.

Well, Heavy is is significantly bigger than a normal Person AND wielding a 150kg minigun. Plus Scout sends him flying without much effort.

While it may be not High 8-C it could be a upgrade nonetheless?

DMB 1 said:
1) It's Status Effect Inducement

2) It kind of is, especially if you count the Soda Popper.
1) Ah, I knew I was missing something. Yeah, that's a far better way of putting it.

2) Eh, I don't consider consecutive jumping as flight to begin with. If the site as a whole does, sure, I just think that's sort of its own power.

Yeah, I'm iffy about the carnival creation feat as Wokistan and Weekly pointed out. Also, I looked at the calculation blog for Bonk, and it appears to be Calc Stacking. To quote DonTalk, you don't use reaction time of reacting to a much slower projectile at really close range to then stack that as a multiplied combat speed. Getting a Massively Hypersonic rating from a Supersonic dodging feat sounds really iffy.

It's basically the same fear as genji from overwatch. I don't think it would actually end up being calc stacking considering bonk let's you just sit right next to a heavy and not get shot at all, that would be if it wasn't just better considered invincibility.

I think I agree with you that. Creation magic doesn't tend to scale to A.P iirc, because it's not conventional creation and therefore doesn't translate in energy to the creation of most things, unless the structures are actually made of magic. It would likely be even lower if they were summoned, but they don't appear to be so it doesn't really apply here. but I'm not sure where to stand on pretty much anything else.

At best, it would either be a super casual Supersonic+ speed feat, or an intangibility/phasing power up. Invulnerability is also something that's controversial here, and plenty of characters are having Invulnerability removed due to being considered game mechanics/NLF. It sounds most like Intangibility/Phasing though.

But they don't survive it. I don't think even Übercharge helps with that. I would would have to check though.

Yeah payload explosions kill even the ubered.

Schwxnz said:
Dargoo Faust wrote:
Well, Heavy is is significantly bigger than a normal Person AND wielding a 150kg minigun. Plus Scout sends him flying without much effort.

Scout in the curta survived 3 tons of Rockets, but instead of using this fact they wanna do a pixelscaling with a explosion that we can barely see it complete because of the camera angle. This is stupid.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
At best, it would either be a super casual Supersonic+ speed feat, or an intangibility/phasing power up. Invulnerability is also something that's controversial here, and plenty of characters are having Invulnerability removed due to being considered game mechanics/NLF. It sounds most like Intangibility/Phasing though.
Scout is considered invulnerable because he cant get damage, only map enviroments because of the mechanics. But in fact he becomes super fast that he can dodge "everything". I count this as a speed and not Invulnerability. And bonk is canon to the lore like every other weapon in the game.

Schwxnz said:
Dargoo Faust wrote:

Yes, he is High 8-C if we agree with the facts used in the curtas. As i said 3999 times before, Scout survived around 3 tons of rockets, and Heavy is known to be the more endurable of the mercs. Scout easily Overpowers him the MTS.

We still don't stack speed just because he happened just because it's assumed he can dodge bullets from 1 cm away. It would just be higher with Bonk, not the exaggerated Massively Hypersonic calc. Also, surviving 3 rockets is usually 9-A.

This says that his speed on Bonk is mach 58.3. While it's not Massively Hypersonic, it would still be High Hypersonic+.

That calc still uses the same flawed formula of using reaction time as a basis for future calcs, also him dodging it after the bullet technically hits him makes no sense. If he was hit by it, then he technically didn't dodge it in the conventional sense of the word.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
Yeah payload explosions kill even the ubered.
Gameplay Mechanics. bruh.</div>
I mean, if the in-game invincibility fails against it that seems like more of an argument against game mechanics. The battles in-game aren't canon anyways so eh.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
Scout is considered invulnerable because he cant get damage, only map enviroments because of the mechanics. But in fact he becomes super fast that he can dodge "everything". I count this as a speed and not Invulnerability. And bonk is canon to the lore like every other weapon in the game.
You can't say "we should disregard this aspect of this feat because game mechanics" and then calculate the same thing taken to the utmost extreme as a result of in-game mechanics. If bonk is canon to the lore, like I've said multiple times we should prioritize its feats in the lore. If there aren't any, it's not really quantifiable.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
Scout in the curta survived 3 tons of Rockets, but instead of using this fact they wanna do a pixelscaling with a explosion that we can barely see it complete because of the camera angle. This is stupid.
We already rejected your calculation as it disregarded basic conventions on durability and stacked multiple explosions.

We also see a fairly large potion of the explosion and Scout is right next to it for scaling when I took the screenshot.

Yes, he is High 8-C if we agree with the facts used in the curtas. As i said 3999 times before, Scout survived around 3 tons of rocket
This basically amounts to "you're wrong, I'm right".

Gameplay Mechanics. bruh.

The game is the medium through which feats are provided. If you don't like this, show feats of uber actually powering through stuff on this level. You can't just pick and chose what you want to use from the game.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong on this
But

Isn't Merasmus like

Canonically >>>>>>>>>> The Mercs?
Probably a less than that but as far as I've seen, pretty much.

(I've seen some of the comic and spawned him in game if that gives any credibility)

DarkDragonMedeus said:
We still don't stack speed just because he happened just because it's assumed he can dodge bullets from 1 cm away. It would just be higher with Bonk, not the exaggerated Massively Hypersonic calc. Also, surviving 3 rockets is usually 9-A.
He actually survived 4 rockets, and three RPG-7 blasts are around 8-C.

Dargoo Faust said:
I mean, if the in-game invincibility fails against it that seems like more of an argument against game mechanics. The battles in-game aren't canon anyways so eh.
Im not taking this text of yours seriously. Just no.

You can't say "we should disregard this aspect of this feat because game mechanics" and then calculate the same thing taken to the utmost extreme as a result of in-game mechanics. If bonk is canon to the lore, like I've said multiple times we should prioritize its feats in the lore. If there aren't any, it's not really quantifiable.
I never said disregad a aspect because of gameplay mechanics. I used the mechanics base to say this. Also BONK is not explored in comics, but its canon, and appeared on a adversiment.

We already rejected your calculation as it disregarded basic conventions on durability and stacked multiple explosions.

We also see a fairly large potion of the explosion and Scout is right next to it for scaling when I took the screenshot.

No, you didnt. You did a wrong px shot that was more wrong than my calculation. We cant do a pixelscaling with a thing we cant see for complete. This will make the whole point wrong and incorrect, so discart this.

we saw a large potion but not it full. When the camera changes angle we can see that it is not whole.

This basically amounts to "you're wrong, I'm right".
And you are basically indirectly saying this to every editor on this wiki.

Wokistan said:
Gameplay Mechanics. bruh.
The game is the medium through which feats are provided. If you don't like this, show feats of uber actually powering through stuff on this level. You can't just pick and chose what you want to use from the game.
My friend, Im not going to argue about invincible characters dying from payload blasts because of mechanics to not cause bugs and errors in the game with you. Simply no. And I do not doubt that you will argue about the mercs ability to hit kill any character in the world because they killed another in a telefrag mechanic.

The RPG-7 is only like 95 Megajoules, 3 or 4 of them all at once would still be 9-A. Not to mention the hit doesn't even appear to be direct.

The hit doesn't even appear to be direct? Even the camera was zooming in on him like the rockets are going directly at him until they exploded.

If you have no reasoning to refute my argument then don't bother. Saying "this is too ridiculous to entertain" is a poor opt-out of actual debate.

So what you're saying is that there is no feats for BONK! inside of the lore.

I don't see how we can reasonably use the gameplay feat then, especially if it already has its own issues.

so you admit your calc was wrong

I've yet to see any concrete evidence for what exactly I did wrong with the pixelscaling. And I used the same measuring tool for scout so it wouldn't change the result regardless.

It just makes it lowballed, not incorrect. We calc what we can see, which appears to be a significant chunk of the explosion, and say it may be higher than that. It is more accurate than making a ficticous explosion that ignores basic conventions on how we treat durability.

TheLegendaryHerker said:
And you are basically indirectly saying this to every editor on this wiki.
I'm not sure how me disagreeing with your interpretation of a feat translates to me dismissing a ficticious opinion of the entire site.

I'm certainly saying it to you, however at least I'm providing reasoning for my claims.

Dargoo Faust said:
If you have no reasoning to refute my argument then don't bother. Saying "this is too ridiculous to entertain" is a poor opt-out of actual debate.
Im free to give my opinion and chat anywhere I have the freedom and the will to say it. Saying if invincibility fails against the mechanics because it dont allow the player to go out of the map/cause bugs its pretty stupid. Bothering? i literally said i will not take what you said seriously.

So what you're saying is that there is no feats for BONK! inside of the lore.

I don't see how we can reasonably use the gameplay feat then, especially if it already has its own issues.

Play the game and see it by yourself. I will not say this same thing again.

so you admit your calc was wrong

I've yet to see any concrete evidence for what exactly I did wrong with the pixelscaling. And I used the same measuring tool for scout so it wouldn't change the result regardless.

It just makes it lowballed, not incorrect. We calc what we can see, which appears to be a significant chunk of the explosion, and say it may be higher than that. It is more accurate than making a ficticous explosion that ignores basic conventions on how we treat durability.

I really have to explain the same thing again to you? Any decent person can see that the explosion is not the pxs you stated. And how this dont make incorrect? It will affect everything onward. And just by this phrase we calc what we can see is another thing what makes it wrong. And this is not "we". it is yours. I've never seen anyone in my life treat durability like this.

I'm not sure how me disagreeing with your interpretation of a feat translates to me dismissing a ficticious opinion of the entire site.

I'm certainly saying it to you, however at least I'm providing reasoning for my claims.

Simple. I said Scout survived a certain tons and he is High 8-C because he beat the Heavy, since he is the more endurable of the Nines. Half or probably all of the editors use the source of overpowering/harming someone to prove a feat. And it is true, since you need enough strength for anything, be it to knock down, kill, or hurt something or someone.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
The RPG-7 is only like 95 Megajoules, 3 or 4 of them all at once would still be 9-A. Not to mention the hit doesn't even appear to be direct.
Well, calculating all of the rockets that hit scout will give you another result. And the hit are directly, just see the video by yourself, pausing the moments it hitted the Scout.

"Well, calculating all of the rockets that hit scout will give you another result. And the hit are directly, just see the video by yourself, pausing the moments it hitted the Scout."

Someone getting hit by 95 megajoules 3 times close together is different from getting hit with 3 times the force of 95 megajoules. Why is it that a bulletproof vest can stop smaller caliber rounds multiple times in quick succession but would get punched through easily by a higher caliber round?

Abstractions said:
Someone getting hit by 95 megajoules 3 times close together is different from getting hit with 3 times the force of 95 megajoules. Why is it that a bulletproof vest can stop smaller caliber rounds multiple times in quick succession but would get punched through easily by a higher caliber round?
And?

Back