• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team fortress Class AP issues(and Miss Pauling)

No? The blue mercs in meet the team are constantly proved as far weaker versions than the red versions. Cmon spy literally soloed the entire blue team
Engineer is canonically a BLU engineer mainly, so is Medic.

The problem is that meet the videos are weird, there are a mercs for every single team. In the medic video there is literally houndreds of fodders soldiers
I wasn't talking about the meet the videos mate. I was talking about the MVM stuff.

I wasn't talking about the meet the videos mate. I was talking about the MVM stuff.
I mean yeah that how it works, that is literally scaling

Heavy>>>>Soldier (The 2nd strongest merc)>>>Scout (potrayed as one of the weakest mercs physically)

Literally all the "Meet the Merc" videos are directed in a way to hype up the individual merc; of course each trailer is individually going to portray each merc being met as someone who's far above the rest because it's their video intended to be all about them. It isn't about RED Vs BLU nor are any of those videos reliable for upscaling.

Last edited:
Literally all the "Meet the Merc" videos are directed in a way to hype up the individual merc; of course each trailer is individually going to portray each merc being met as someone who's far above the rest because it's their video intended to be all about them. It isn't about RED Vs BLU nor are any of those videos reliable for upscaling.
Oh yeah the director who could barelly record any shit before he was killed, and he was bored to death by merc toomfolery. Also don't you think that it would be kinda impossible to do any of that shit with bare bones edition?

I mean yeah that how it works, that is literally scaling

Heavy>>>>Soldier (The 2nd strongest merc)>>>Scout (potrayed as one of the weakest mercs physically)
And yet Scout is scaled directly to Heavy in LS, which means they're literally scaling to someone who hard overpowers them in LS.
Oh yeah the director who could barelly record any shit before he was killed, and he was bored to death by merc toomfolery. Also don't you think that it would be kinda impossible to do any of that shit with bare bones edition?
What are you even trying to say here? It's incoherent

Don't know if i'll make more posts here, probably not if it ends shortly, so I'll just leave some thoughts here for others to consider:
  1. Saw a tiny bit of discussion of LS in here, those could probably be made for some other thread or just necroing this 7 Month old LS thread, can we just keep this Thread to AP for now, please?
  2. As for the "Meet the Director" Comic meaning that "All the Team videos are fake!" point. As far as we know, the Director just had a camera and recorded an interview (and likely everything, given what the Administrator says), which while Pauling claims to be for "PR purposes", it was more of example set by the Administrator what would happen if they talked about the contract with anyone not involved. Also, as far as we are aware, he only recorded interviews with the Heavy, Sniper, Scout and Soldier and possibly the Pyro, given the interview style and Spy's appearance in the comic, but that's unconfirmed. Meet the Medic came after the comic (and was even teased in it) and it's in no way an interview, Sandvich is not an interview and I don't know about Meet the Engineer/Demoman.
  3. There's also this accepted calc from March for a Sentry being able to barely survive a train crashing into them while wrangled, resulting in a 0.007 Ton Feat. Don't think it's been discussed before, probably scales to Soldier's rockets and Demoman's Grenades. Wonder if it'll be useful in this discussion.
or tl;dr: LS later, Only about 4 Meet the Team videos are possibly "fake" using the Director Comic and wrangled Sentries can survive trains.

I don't think that applies for KE
That's not the relevant part, it applies to attacks with large initial area of effect striking smaller targets. That Sentry is significantly smaller than the train and thus only took a portion of the train's impact.

A flyswatter with 1000 J of Kinetic energy, and in insect that's 1000x smaller in terms of cross sectional area taking a hit from that same flyswatter has only taken 1 J and thus it's only a 10-C durability feat despite taking a hit from a 9-C attack.

A flyswatter with 1000 J of Kinetic energy, and in insect that's 1000x smaller in terms of cross sectional area taking a hit from that same flyswatter has only taken 1 J and thus it's only a 10-C durability feat despite taking a hit from a 9-C attack.
That is not how it works tho.... The sentry is only a few times smaller than the train in surface area atleast, or even less considering the wrangler gives the sentry a bigger hitboxe

Hitboxes are still game mechanics and not equal to the actual cross sectional area of the physical object. Also, I literally looked at the video in which it happens; the sentry is definitely a lot smaller than the train that hit it. Remember, you got to take height and width into account when using cross sectional area. It's like at least 4x taller and about twice as wide, meaning the sentry would scale from 1/8th the impact at best.

Hitboxes are still game mechanics and not equal to the actual cross sectional area of the physical object. Also, I literally looked at the video in which it happens; the sentry is definitely a lot smaller than the train that hit it. Remember, you got to take height and width into account when using cross sectional area. It's like at least 4x taller and about twice as wide, meaning the sentry would scale from 1/8th the impact at best.
What? you know that i am refering that the sentry SHIELD, counts as the sentry, if you hit the shield you hit the sentry. As far as i renember

Don't know if i'll make more posts here, probably not if it ends shortly
Guess i'll make another post...
Was inverse square law used? Comparing the cross sectional area of the sentry and train respectively?
Has this ever been used in KE Calcs or been consistently used? The Calc was accepted perfectly fine without the ISL and the Common Feats has KE Calcs that use some different way to get the energy and below that, it directly states that there are instances where Characters can scale to the full KE of an object (one of which being a train, which I think is sorta recent?)

A multitude of wrongs don't make a right. And it has been brought up numerous times that getting hit by cars and trains are good examples of feats where ISL is mandatory. If someone completely stops a speeding car or train, it's a different story. Or of a character equal to or larger than the car/train running them over, it's also a different story. But that sentry is tiny compared to the train.

I mean, unless they come back I think theres enough staff input to just apply this, maybe get DDM back in he re to confirm

I mean, unless they come back I think theres enough staff input to just apply this, maybe get DDM back in he re to confirm
Eh, I don't really care that much, I know I have enough support to apply shit, I'm just lazy/want to let the bullshit finish lol

Back