• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 2 possible AP upgrade

Anomalous N I W D E said:
Interesting stuff though you might need the rest of the comic where said source came from do it would be more clearer.
It's at least a gas explosion, as one of the TF1 mercs were covered in gasoline.

Interesting stuff though you might need the rest of the comic where said source came from do it would be more clearer.
It's at least a gas explosion, as one of the TF1 mercs were covered in gasoline.

A gas explosion huh? Another character had such and only reached Wall unless this is different since it destroyed a building whole from what I can see there looks slightly bigger then just Small Building.

Absaddie said:
I think some liberties could be taken considering the verse clearly isn't completely like our own. You could find several examples in other series/games where bullets appear to move faster than lasers as well. And what do you mean about "additional weaponry not being mentioned in the lore" and especially "canon" when all the merc pages mention the obviously non canon Meet The Team videos for feats?
Im inclined to disagree. You're the one attempting to assign a real-life speed constant to the weaponry, so your claim that it does is subject to scrutiny from the same source you're pulling those values, Real Life. What says that the 'particle accelerator' actually moves stuff at light speed when it moves vastly slower than stuff that it should be OOMs faster? This is exactly why our Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats standards are so stringent.

Please, name those verses.

If we're using non canon material for TF2 then we're doing something wrong. Although I was unaware the "Meet the" series weren't part of the main canon.

Dargoo Faust said:
Absaddie said:
I think some liberties could be taken considering the verse clearly isn't completely like our own. You could find several examples in other series/games where bullets appear to move faster than lasers as well. And what do you mean about "additional weaponry not being mentioned in the lore" and especially "canon" when all the merc pages mention the obviously non canon Meet The Team videos for feats?
Im inclined to disagree. You're the one attempting to assign a real-life speed constant to the weaponry, so your claim that it does is subject to scrutiny from the same source you're pulling those values, Real Life. What says that the 'particle accelerator' actually moves stuff at light speed when it moves vastly slower than stuff that it should be OOMs faster? This is exactly why our Laser/Light Beam Dodging Feats standards are so stringent.

Please, name those verses.

If we're using non canon material for TF2 then we're doing something wrong. Although I was unaware the "Meet the" series weren't part of the main canon.
They can't be, Meet the Medic alone shows tons of soldiers existing at once even though he's a single character and Meet the Spy has two Spy's existing at once. TF2 canon is shakey but the 'most' canon (and only really definitive one) would be the main comic run featured at the top of the comics page.

I'll be honest, I simply had Devil May Cry in mind there, because Dante's bullets always appear to move in one frame (unless you use devil trigger they become noticeable) which would imply everything goes slower than simple bullet speed. There's definitely something I'm missing but I'll concede that's all I have on me right now.

Looked into that link you posted by the way, this does make things seem shakier concerning the laser weaponry (most specifically on the differing speed part) but I will still stand by some of my other statements, like on attack potency, disintegration/atomization and those Meet The Team videos being non canon as they typically show one class taking out all the other classes even though they are clearly shown as all on the same team in the main comic run.

I mean if the atomization/desintegration is done via weapons that have matter hax/dura negation its unlikely that they can even be used as AP

They don't. Not that I've seen anyway, not much seems to imply any hax at all especially considering it doesn't oneshot.

Demoman appears to outrun an explosion here,
Dabgbg0-73c094a9-8bb7-40ff-9f81-15c5a18dde8a
at least near the end of it if you go frame by frame.
There is the other explosion I mentioned they can move comparably to, the tank robots. The sentry buster too.

But...thats from a Meet the haracters video which you just said was non-canon so even if it were an accurate feat we couldnt use it

I know I mentioned Meet The Team isn't canon, but if you only go by what is clearly definitively canon you don't have a lot to work with at all.

Edit: I only mentioned Meet The Team videos being non canon as hypocrisy regarding canon such as descriptions, I don't have a problem with using the feats from it.

That is, unless anyone wants to find better feats for the main comic run alone. Which only spans 6 comics.

I might be able to find some things in it though, like that gas explosion
Spy kills a man before a sentence is uttered
Spy kills a man before a sentence is uttered 2
and Spy killing a guy before Scout can utter his next sentence, silently too. Don't know how you'd go about calcing this but its something I guess.

Absaddie said:
I know I mentioned Meet The Team isn't canon, but if you only go by what is clearly definitively canon you don't have a lot to work with at all.
We are doing the same for overwatch, so TF2 would receive the same treatment

WeeklyBattles said:
Absaddie said:
We are doing the same for overwatch, so TF2 would receive the same treatment
Good. The feats would be minimal otherwise aside from what I have already mentioned.

@Absadie No i mean go exclusively with what is canon for TF2 and remove everything else just like what we're doing for overwatch

Genericstickman said:
Wait doesn't Meet the Director exist making the shorts canon?
Kind of, it implies they had interviews of the sort but the fact it shows them killing exact clones of the same mercs that are on the same team go against it being canon heavily.

The shorts also show the merce regularly being oneshot by each other's weapons

Also a few mercs were killed by a train in Meet the Scout

If you only go by what is definitively canon then you can almost only use material 2014 onwards despite it coming out in 2014. I wouldn't reccommend it.

I didn't calc it; it's from a respect thread for Saxton Hale. So yeah the calculation will have to be adjusted accordingly.

Merasmus canon
Merasmus as well actually.
Merasmus lightning
I don't know if he can do it ingame but here he appears to be able to conjur lightning.

Also if anyone feels like bringing up the End of the Line short it appears accepted by the official site here.

Probably not 'canon' but whatever

the meet the team shorts are accepted by the official site as well and nothing points to them being non canon, seeing how the meet the director comic exists.

Kind of, it implies they had interviews of the sort but the fact it shows them killing exact clones of the same mercs that are on the same team go against it being canon heavily.

the events of the game are canon, red mercs fighting blu mercs disproves nothing.

Narbund2 said:
Also if anyone feels like bringing up the End of the Line short it appears accepted by the official site here.
Probably not 'canon' but whatever

the meet the team shorts are accepted by the official site as well and nothing points to them being non canon, seeing how the meet the director comic exists.

the events of the game are canon, red mercs fighting blu mercs disproves nothing.
Oh no, blu mercs entirely disregard it because there can not be multiple soldiers and spies. But that doesn't mean similar events couldn't have occurred. Meet the Spy is accurate to the fact Spy is Scout's father. Meet the Medic gives the origin of the ubercharge etc

Meet the Director also would contradict itself because it shows a Blu Soldier at one point but it's no big deal.

You can easily just take it in broad strokes, bits and pieces which is very likely what is intended anyway.

Back