• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 2 possible AP upgrade

We can use vaporization for the attack potency of specific weapons, but they oneshot everyone so they don't really scale to anyone's durability. Getting completely vaporized is not a durability feat and the exact opposite of one. And vaporizing a robot would probably get a higher result and we can't reverse power-scale.

And if you're saying, "It takes multiple shots to vaporize" that would imply that it's not 9-A as vaporizing the target in one hit would be more or less the 300 Megajoule feat. Or better yet, surviving them is probably a game mechanic. Also, they only survive if it's not a direct shot.

Pretty sure vaporizing a robot would be a much higher feat which would make them scaling to it even less likely

Jackythejack said:
Are we talking about things such as the righteous bison and cow mangler?
Ones like those, also Hot Hand and some other Pyro weapons.

Also what are you talking about? Why wouldn't they scale? They don't oneshot.

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 01.19.53
Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 01.21.11
Found these, a statement about disintegration in regards to the cow mangler and righteous bison, also describes righteous bison as a "particle smasher"
Also I remember the mercs can survive a tank robot exploding in their face with no damage in Mann vs Machine. Although the tank exploding happens when the thing is damaged to the point of defeat, I still thought I'd mention it.

WeeklyBattles said:
Pretty sure that tank explosion tanking feat would only yield 9-B
TANK ROBOT, And I'm pretty sure if we are talking about actual Tanks I remember most versions having 9-A Potency being not only able to destroy a measly barrier but also an entire house at one point.

idk it's pretty big and a similar feat for The Simpsons got 8-C I recall

Also the explosion doesn't move instantly so you could say they move in comparable speeds to the explosion as well

Absaddie said:
idk it's pretty big and a similar feat for The Simpsons got 8-C I recall

Also the explosion doesn't move instantly so you could say they move in comparable speeds to the explosion as well
Looking at that feat tghe Simpsons may need a downgrade as they didnt take surface area of the guy's body into account

I wouldn't say downgrade, it needs an upgrade if anything because several higher tier feats have already been found.

WeeklyBattles said:
Looking at that feat the Simpsons may need a downgrade as they didnt take surface area of the guy's body into account
NOT SO FAST, There are considerable feats in that verse now and days that actually still put them on said tier, As for this one feat in general I'm iffy for to even consider an upgrade though.

"Quantum disentanglement" is likely just technobabble with no real meaning, to be very honest.

It has a meaning IRL, but it's kind of like saying "my gun can avagadro's number you", in that the term doesn't really make sense on any kind of weapon.

So there's at least four cases of possibly light speed things in TF2.
Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 01.21.11
1: Righteous Bison referred to as a particle smasher, if that is anything like a particle accelerator then it would move very close to the speed of light.

2: One of Scout's hats say it receives signals from a satellite at light speed, so you may have to slow down so it can keep up with you.
Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 03.24.41
3: The Pomsom 6000 shoots "high amplitude, cross spectrum radiation", radiation moves at light speed. There's probably something to be argued with the high amplitude thing but I don't know myself.

4: The C.A.P.P.E.R.
Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 03.20.38
Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 03.29.48
's description seems to imply it shoots electromagnetic particles, which would move at the speed of light.

I'm kind of drawing the line at cosmetic descriptions. The hats don't even give abilities in the game itself, let alone apply in any significant way to the story.

As for the weaponry, the projectiles certainly don't appear to move anywhere near lightspeed in the games, which is where we're pulling the "feats" to begin with. We can't even call it 'game mechanics' since these weapons have no lore equivalent.

For reference, in-game, bullets move vastly faster than the projectiles of most of the in-game energy weapons.

I'm kind of drawing the line at cosmetic descriptions. The hats don't even give abilities in the game itself, let alone apply in any significant way to the story.
As for the weaponry, the projectiles certainly don't appear to move anywhere near lightspeed in the games, which is where we're pulling the "feats" to begin with. We can't even call it 'game mechanics' since these weapons have no lore equivalent.

"Don't appear to move anywhere near lightspeed in the games" applies to practically everything in every game ever made though. Don't know what you mean by them having no lore equivalent either exactly?

And the cosmetic description just implies you move faster than light is all.

And for that matter the Manmelter is also referred to as a particle smasher.

Outlier when there's 5 cases of it though? And what anti feats?

Also Short Circuit shoots electricity as well, which would be massively hypersonic, a lot lesser than the previous examples but still a much higher speed than what they're already pegged at. The electric balls also should be that speed.

Absaddie said:
"Don't appear to move anywhere near lightspeed in the games" applies to practically everything in every game ever made though. Don't know what you mean by them having no lore equivalent either exactly?
Usually that can be countered by explaning that the gameplay has a degree of seperation from the lore, which is done on most of the verses I'm aware have ratings like that.

The additional weaponry aren't featured or mentioned in the lore?

Since when were cosmetics a serious part of the canon?

And it's projectiles move slower than in-game bullets. By the game's own standards they aren't even near the speed of sound, let alone light.

Pyro explosion
Also Pyro caused this explosion, he survives it and it seems to kill two TF1 mercs, you could say it didn't hit him but the blast looks to encompass the whole building so eh.

Dargoo Faust said:
Usually that can be countered by explaning that the gameplay has a degree of seperation from the lore, which is done on most of the verses I'm aware have ratings like that.

The additional weaponry aren't featured or mentioned in the lore?

Since when were cosmetics a serious part of the canon?

And it's projectiles move slower than in-game bullets. By the game's own standards they aren't even near the speed of sound, let alone light.
I think some liberties could be taken considering the verse clearly isn't completely like our own. You could find several examples in other series/games where bullets appear to move faster than lasers as well. And what do you mean about "additional weaponry not being mentioned in the lore" and especially "canon" when all the merc pages mention the obviously non canon Meet The Team videos for feats?

Unoriginal Memes said:
Light speed would definitely be an outlier.
Again, with 5 cases of it? Possibly 6 if you go by the Cow Mangler being called a wave projector which is also about projecting light.

Also has anything impressive been done with australium? Vs wise anyway, it does seem to give a boost in strength as shown in The Naked And The Dead.

There is a rocket that went to space within the timespan of 4 pages, I don't know if it would apply to anything, it was painted in australium but I'm not sure if it was powered by it. I'm just mentioning anything we can get here.

Machine generated electricity was calculated at '''Mach 1.6''' or something.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Thanks, I know speed of electricity can vary now though. Like when it goes through a wire I believe, it goes the speed of light or something.

What speed would it go when it's like a discharge like shown on a plasma globe/tesla ball?

Back