• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 2 possible AP upgrade

It one shots one character and even if it doesn't oneshots it vaporizes a body when it kills them. That's straight up tanking a 9-A feat. Heavy can take multiple of those shots, even a fully charged one, and other classes can hurt him. Scout is just the weakest one of the bunch so he gets one shot by it.

Also Drite has told me there are other 9-A feats out there I just haven't gotten a chance to ask him what

WeeklyBattles said:
Torlikoff said:
Even if the cow Mangler one shots certain classes there are several weapons that also vaporize that most certainly do not one shot.
Such as?
I believe the Righteous Bison is one of them as well but can't remember many others off the top of my head. I think a couple Engineer weapons.

WeeklyBattles said:
Because it oneshots them? And they consistently die to much weaker stuff
I can't recall, can it 1-shot a Heavy?

@Weekly From what I know the Righteous Bison, Pomson, Neon Annihilator, Batsaber, And Short Circuit also vaporize and the Phlohistinator and CAPPER disintegrate.

Well, the energy required to vaporize a body does depend on size. And Heavy is a big guy, so it probably is above 300 Megajoules, but still 9-A. But still, circular scaling game mechanics is really weird. A lot of FPS games have problems like that where it does half damage after the first shot and then completely vaporizes in the next shot.

I wouldn't really call it circular scaling, and again, the Mangler isn't the only thing that vaporizes so other weapon hold the same amount of power to vaporize.

Also Tor the wiki lists the batsaber as vaporization.

Jackythejack said:
It one shots one character and even if it doesn't oneshots it vaporizes a body when it kills them. That's straight up tanking a 9-A feat. Heavy can take multiple of those shots, even a fully charged one, and other classes can hurt him. Scout is just the weakest one of the bunch so he gets one shot by it.
Also Drite has told me there are other 9-A feats out there I just haven't gotten a chance to ask him what
There you go.

WeeklyBattles said:
How can you simultaneously tank a 9-A feat and at the same time be vaporized by the same feat? That really doesnt make sense.
It's iffy for now. Though if there is other 9-A feats around there's still some ample chance.

That could also be interpreted as each shot heat their body up a specific temperature rather than none of the attacks raised their body temperature then the final attack suddenly heated their body from 37.7 degrees C to 982.2 degrees C.

I mean, we know that a charged shot from the CM does that to Scout's body. Everyone else can tank a charged shot from the CM. That's literally tanking a blow that vaporizes a body.

That would require some strange assumptions though, like medkits lowering body temperature by a massive amount and water being completely unaffected by these massive temperatures. Also if that was the logic the game used you'd probably be on fire from those weapons.

Jackythejack said:
I mean, we know that a charged shot from the CM does that to Scout's body. Everyone else can tank a charged shot from the CM. That's literally tanking a blow that vaporizes a body.
Except they cant because if they get shot again they get vaporized

NGL its pretty likely that them being able to survive the damage of the attack is just game mechanics

Except they do tank a shot and you can't really just handwave it as game mechanics because it's a 9-A feat.

Besides Pyro does have a potentially 9-A feat in the comics anyways, and that's just an explosion that envelops a small building.

If 9-A's only justification is an unlockable weapon with a unique kill animation under certain conditions, which is never mentioned or shown to be part of the main story, then I'm inclined to agree with Weekly here.

Dargoo Faust said:
If 9-A's only justification is an unlockable weapon with a unique kill animation under certain conditions, which is never mentioned or shown to be part of the main story, then I'm inclined to agree with Weekly here.
For now, However some of the bigger Mann Robots they have faced are huger then minature houses and the Mercs have defeated those if I recall.

Jackythejack said:
Except they do tank a shot and you can't really just handwave it as game mechanics because it's a 9-A feat.

Besides Pyro does have a potentially 9-A feat in the comics anyways, and that's just an explosion that envelops a small building.
No one is handwaving anything my guy

That explosion was actualy calced at 9-B earlier in this thread

Jackythejack said:
Oh really? Show me that, because I don't think we're talking about the same scene here.
NO, That clearly quite literally engulfed the entire buliding he's making some good points but that explosion can not just be 9-B sounds more nerfish now or they just ain't doing something right.

Has been calc'd and the result was 32.5 kg of tnt.

Here, taking the surface area of Pyro's body into account the yield gets knoced down to 9-B

WeeklyBattles said:
Has been calc'd and the result was 32.5 kg of tnt.
Here, taking the surface area of Pyro's body into account the yield gets knoced down to 9-B
I now heavily doubt that its a measley 9-B I feel like they are not taking into account some things.

When taking the surface area of Pyro's body into account yes, the amount of the explosion he actually tanked compared to the actual explosion itself is only 9-B. The explosion is 9-A, Pyro's durability from that feat is only 9-B

WeeklyBattles said:
When taking the surface area of Pyro's body into account yes, the amount of the explosion he actually tanked compared to the actual explosion itself is only 9-B. The explosion is 9-A, Pyro's durability from that feat is only 9-B
Doesn't seem to make much sense in such a context as well, If the explosion is 9-A, Pyro still gets hit but only gets 9-B? Unless he/she wasn't all the way engulfed maybe but I've been thinking a "Justified." 9-B feels like a massive mistake one day even if it all seems consistent now.

Jackythejack said:
And how far down to 9-B exactly n
Well taking the pre-existing calc and Pyro's height of 5'11

His body surface area would be 1.89 m^2

Plugging the radius of the explosion into a sphere SA calculator gives an SA of 5991.08 m^2

5991.08 / 1.89 = 3169.88359788 less surface area

32.5 kg of TNT = 135980000 joules

135980000 / 3169.88359788 = 42897.4742451 Joules, Wall level

Jackythejack said:
And how far down to 9-B exactly n
Well taking the pre-existing calc and Pyro's height of 5'11

His body surface area would be 1.89 m^2

Plugging the radius of the explosion into a sphere SA calculator gives an SA of 5991.08 m^2

5991.08 / 1.89 = 3169.88359788 less surface area

32.5 kg of TNT = 135980000 joules

135980000 / 3169.88359788 = 42897.4742451 Joules, Wall level

WeeklyBattles said:
I thought the feat we were concerned with was Scout's, not Pyro's.

Jackythejack said:
either way the vaporization weapons are actually canonical to the comics which is good and gives it more validity
Do they ever tank those weapons in the comics?

Back