• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Team Fortress 2 possible AP upgrade

Oh and goes without saying End of the Line would give Heavy a building level feat or higher, even if ubercharged.

If we take the meet the team videos as canon then you'll be hard pressed to argue them being above 9-B as they regularly oneshot each other with their weapons and mercs in that video were killed by stuff like a train

WeeklyBattles said:
If we take the meet the team videos as canon then you'll be hard pressed to argue them being above 9-B as they regularly oneshot each other with their weapons and mercs in that video were killed by stuff like a trai
You mean 9-A right? Seeing as we already got that from Meet the Medic. And if you're referring to Meet the Soldier then that dates back all the way to 2009 and even then it's all Blu merc's getting oneshotted, not Red's which are the only canon bunch. There is no Blu Scout and there is no Blu Heavy. The Blu's in Meet the Team may as well be equivalent to generic stand ins because we know for a fact the mercs we know are all on Red team.

The only case of a Red merc in Meet The Team "dying" is a Scout falling over in Meet The Demoman due to sentry fire and you could probably argue he didn't even die, just got hurt, cause all he did was fall over and grunt in pain.

WeeklyBattles said:
If we take the meet the team videos as canon then you'll be hard pressed to argue them being above 9-B as they regularly oneshot each other with their weapons and mercs in that video were killed by stuff like a trai
Not a problem since it's Blu who are getting wiped out and not Red

Also I think Scout should get FTL running speed due to the Cross-Comm description and Reactions under Bonk since that is the only confirmed case of dodging the Lightspeed weapons

Absaddie said:
Demoman appears to outrun an explosion here,
Dabgbg0-73c094a9-8bb7-40ff-9f81-15c5a18dde8a
at least near the end of it if you go frame by frame.
There is the other explosion I mentioned they can move comparably to, the tank robots. The sentry buster too.
He doesn't seem to be outpacing the explosions themselves, rather he's already ahead of the detonations and is running faster than they are detonating, rather than running faster than the fireballs themselves.

The train they got hit by was an EMD GP38-2, which has a weight of 113,400 kg and a top speed of 105 km/h, giving it a maximum KE of 4.823e+7 joules, just barely 9-A. Not only did this kill them both but the train wasnt moving anywhere near that fast and taking surface area into account would also lower the result considerably, so yeah, its safe to say they were both killed by a solid 9-B feat with that train.

You mean 9-A right? Seeing as we already got that from Meet the Medic. And if you're referring to Meet the Soldier then that dates back all the way to 2009 and even then it's all Blu merc's getting oneshotted, not Red's which are the only canon bunch. There is no Blu Scout and there is no Blu Heavy. The Blu's in Meet the Team may as well be equivalent to generic stand ins because we know for a fact the mercs we know are all on Red team.

No, 9-B. They have been consistently killed by 9-B stuff in those videos and the Meet the Medic feat was recalced to 9-B and both Scout and Demoman barely survived despite not being directly hit.

WeeklyBattles said:
No, 9-B. They have been consistently killed by 9-B stuff in those videos and the Meet the Medic feat was recalced to 9-B and both Scout and Demoman barely survived despite not being directly hit.
I'm sorry, what? The rockets were clearly heading directly towards Scout, even the camera was zooming in on him like the rockets are going directly at him until they exploded.

@Jackythejack, I think Weekly is referring to this:

DarkDragonMedeus said:
That calc is based on an outdated value if it's the human vaporization feat; we use this instead which is 9-A.

As for the explosions, we use the formula in the Explosion Yield Calculations which is Y = ((x/0.28)^3)/1000 with Y in megatons of TNT and x in km. Alternatively, it could be Y = (x/0.28)^3 with Y in kilotons of TNT and x in km or Y = (x/0.28)^3 with Y in grams of TNT and x in m. I'll use the last one for simplicity.

(1.94/0.28)^3 = 332.606778426 grams of TNT or 1391626.76093 Joules. That's only Wall level. And since it's non nuclear, the result gets divided by 2 making the feat 166.303389213 grams of TNT or 695813.380465 Joules which is still 9-B.

A single rocket just landing near him sent him crashing into a wall and made him scream in pain and rendered him basically unable to move

Do you mean this?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Also, please stop quadruple posting as it's spamming the thread. And don't use long quotes either as it makes the thread redundant and unreasonable. Anyway, looking at the thread, the math wasn't even properly done.

Normal warheads of the RPG-7 are 0.21~2.1 kg which is 9-B. 0.21~2.1 kg = 210~2100 g = 878640~8786400 Joules. In that thread, you also multiplied it by 2^4 when it should have just been multiplied by 4. That gets you 0.84~8.4 kg or 3514560~35145600 Joules which is 9-B to 9-A.

If you want to use the PG-7VR rockets, which are around 95,298,833 Joules and 9-A, then 4 of them would still be 381,195,332 Joules or 91.1078709369 kilograms which is still 9-A. All in all, nothing indicates anyone being higher than 9-A.

Schwxnz said:
I'm sorry, what? The rockets were clearly heading directly towards Scout, even the camera was zooming in on him like the rockets are going directly at him until they exploded.
Well, yeah, but they must have hit the ground below the Scout to send him flying dozens of meters across the battlefield like that.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
That calc is based on an outdated value if it's the human vaporization feat; we use this instead which is 9-A.

As for the explosions, we use the formula in the Explosion Yield Calculations which is Y = ((x/0.28)^3)/1000 with Y in megatons of TNT and x in km. Alternatively, it could be Y = (x/0.28)^3 with Y in kilotons of TNT and x in km or Y = (x/0.28)^3 with Y in grams of TNT and x in m. I'll use the last one for simplicity.

(1.94/0.28)^3 = 332.606778426 grams of TNT or 1391626.76093 Joules. That's only Wall level. And since it's non nuclear, the result gets divided by 2 making the feat 166.303389213 grams of TNT or 695813.380465 Joules which is still 9-B.
This was my 9-B calculation

Jackythejack said:
THats more shaking the entire facility, and it's not like people really scale to the bread monster in the first place.
Well what I'm seeing here instead of some upgrade it seems like the complete opposite rather a possible downgrade, Kinda sucks correct me if I'm wrong.

Seeing as our earthquake feats as a whole are about to be downgraded i wouldnt put too much faith in that

I really don't think this thread will result in a downgrade based on what I've been talking about with Drite

Seeing as everything that has been discussed thus far is pointing towards the verse being downgraded to 9-B...

WeeklyBattles said:
Seeing as everything that has been discussed thus far is pointing towards the verse being downgraded to 9-B...
We will have to wait and see 9-A might still be slightly doable, If that fails later on who knows.

Except you know, the cow mangler only one shots a scout when it's fully charged. It doesn't oneshots anyone else.

And commonly we view those at outliers or lesser showings. It's either things scale or it's an outlier normally. The cow mangler feat is consistent gameplay-wise.

Guns scale to them because they're designed to hurt them and melee weapons...well, they're being swung around by a 9-A

Currently the Cow Mangler is the only 9-A feat, all other feats that have consistently killed and/or severely wounded them were calced to 9-B. A single 9-A feat that can oneshot at full power would make them being 9-A an outlier. I dont think i need to explain why scaling the whole verse to a weapon that can oneshot them doesnt make sense.

Even if the cow Mangler one shots certain classes there are several weapons that also vaporize that most certainly do not one shot.

Back