• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Was originally going to write an explanation for each character for why I'm putting them there but there's too many so cba.
  1. Rocks D Xebec
  2. Kaidou
  3. Monkey D. Luffy
  4. Prime Whitebeard
  5. Dracule Mihawk
  6. Prime Roger / Prime Garp / Prime Shikki / Shanks
  7. Charlotte Linlin
  8. Kozuki Oden
  9. Benn Beckman / Prime Sengoku / Prime Chinjao
  10. Sakazuki / Kuzan / Borsalino
  11. Pre-Timeskip Blackbeard
  12. Eustass Kid / Trafalgar Law
  13. Yamato / Marco / Rorornoa Zoro
  14. Portgas D. Ace / Vista / Jozu
  15. Shiryu / King
  16. Killer
  17. Vinsmoke Sanji
  18. Queen
  19. Scabbards / Jack
  20. CP0
Luffy over prime whitebeard? You sure?

Oh boy, oh boy, love me some "proving you wrong" before dinner!
A6g67tC.png

Original statement says none of that.
とんでもねェのが is just "something ridiculous."

Careless, yes. He was putting negligible amounts of force on that. Why? Image above. Whitebeard was sleeping. 😴😴😴😴😴

Entire Time = The singular panel we see of his face where his expression changed from serious to confused due to Oden's request, not his strength.

Comes from Oden and him only. WB wasn't "Hardening", because he weapon wasn't coated, like that.
cuweDZW.png

I am talking about the blade being black (Armament Haki), not about the shockwave. I'm explaining this because obviously you know nothing about One Piece.

"Only"? You just showed two, mate.

Make that three things I got right.

RELATIVE TO HIM???
FROM A SINGULAR CLASH????
WHICH YOU CALLED A FIGHT???

A "multiple times stronger Oden" (4 out of 5 years of adventuring) got his pants wet watching WB fight Roger, who literally treated him like a small fry not two seconds before

It was an armament coated slash. Conqueror shit don't touch you.
Okay I agree now. However going back yo oden's statement "at the time being" actually is referencing luffy and the others as the ones who beat kaido so it applies to whotebeard being weaker than kaido so the scaling should still look like this
Conqueror dragon kaido > dragon kaido > young dragon kaido ~ prime oden > whitebeard.
Whitebeard has the gura so he should be on the level of dragon kaido at his highest so this changes the list drastically and for the better.
Also can you verify this in the raws?
X6GpntMXJkDZ67BLpHTI1611722976.jpg

Thanks.
Marco with his peak form and a slight elemental advantage is ~ big mom

And this is peak Rayleigh, the one stronger than his old wrinkled self who fought Kizaru, who fought who? Marco.

Idk where "Prime Shanks" came from. And Oden getting many times stronger in the sense of a multiplier is bs
Post time skip marco is way stronger than pre time skip who matches the admirals who are way below whitebeard.
So he doesn't exist.
I'm talking about this, is it legit?

Here's my top 10, whether this is right or wrong

1. Rock D X'bec
  • As the leader of the Rock pirates, he must be stronger than his members such as Whitebeards, Kaidou, Big Mom, etc.
  • Fighting against a combination of Garp and Roger
2. Gear 5 Luffy
- In his Gear 5 form, matched and playing againts Kaidou
3. Kaidou
  • Stated to be "Strongest Creature in the World"
  • Stated, Kaidou had the highest sheer battle power out of all the Yonko he was aware of
  • Can match a furious Prime Kozuki Oden blow for blow
  • Was stated to be one of the few people who can stop Blackbeard
4. Roger
  • As Whitebeard's rival he must be equal or stronger
  • Team up with Garp, clash against Rock D Xebec
5. Prime Shiki
  • Would've defeated Gol D. Roger and his crew in the Edd War if it wasn't for a storm, and chapter 0 states that Shiki once stood as equal with Roger.
  • Destroyed half of Marineford single-handedly, and contended against both Monkey D. Garp and Sengoku in their prime
6. Prime Whitebeards
  • Declared the "Strongest Human in the World" by Sengoku a Marine veteran as a credible source
  • Stated in SBS vol 58 that Gura-Gura is one of the strongest paramecia, making him much stronger than Soru-Soru, Ope-Ope and Zushi-Zushi.
  • Can clash against Roger for a few days
  • Although in weak condition, he could fight against and harm Akainu, who eats the Magu-Magu which is stated the highest offensive devil fruit.
7. Prime Garp
- As roger's rival, and have also clashed against him many times in the past his strength is equal or not far from Roger's
8. Big Mom
  • Marco stated that Big Mom was a serious threat
  • Fought against Kaidou
9. Prime Sengoku
- As Garp's rival, cooperated in various battles in the past his strength is equal or not far
10. Blackbeard
  • Eating Gura-Gura after killing Whitebeard, the strongest paramecia devil fruit
  • Can fought against Sengoku

Here's my top 10, whether this is right or wrong

1. Rock D X'bec
  • As the leader of the Rock pirates, he must be stronger than his members such as Whitebeards, Kaidou, Big Mom, etc.
  • Fighting against a combination of Garp and Roger
2. Gear 5 Luffy
- In his Gear 5 form, matched and playing againts Kaidou
3. Kaidou
  • Stated to be "Strongest Creature in the World"
  • Stated, Kaidou had the highest sheer battle power out of all the Yonko he was aware of
  • Can match a furious Prime Kozuki Oden blow for blow
4. Roger
  • As Whitebeard's rival he must be equal or stronger
  • Team up with Garp, clash against Rock D Xebec
5. Prime Shiki
  • Would've defeated Gol D. Roger and his crew in the Edd War if it wasn't for a storm, and chapter 0 states that Shiki once stood as equal with Roger.
  • Destroyed half of Marineford single-handedly, and contended against both Monkey D. Garp and Sengoku in their prime
6. Prime Whitebeards
  • Declared the "Strongest Human in the World" by Sengoku a Marine veteran as a credible source
  • Stated in SBS vol 58 that Gura-Gura is one of the strongest paramecia, making him much stronger than Soru-Soru, Ope-Ope and Zushi-Zushi.
  • Can clash against Roger for a few days
  • Although in weak condition, he could fight against and harm Akainu, who eats the Magu-Magu which is stated the highest offensive devil fruit.
7. Prime Garp
- As roger's rival, and have also clashed against him many times in the past his strength is equal or not far from Roger's
8. Big Mom
  • Marco stated that Big Mom was a serious threat
  • Fought against Kaidou
9. Prime Sengoku
- As Garp's rival, cooperated in various battles in the past his strength is equal or not far
10. Blackbeard
  • Eating Gura-Gura after killing Whitebeard, the strongest paramecia devil fruit
  • Can fought against Sengoku
Not bad... Luffy and shiki.

King of Lightning still thinks Katakuri>King, Zoro, Sanji, and Queen

And that Shanks is the strongest in the verse and is stronger than Kaidou, Big Mom, and Whitebeard
I love KOL, he's entertaining, but I never take his power scaling seriously cause he always sounds like a clown. Ty is even worse (god I remember when he said Apoo was stronger than Zoro).

Here's mine (With only alive characters)

1 - Luffy
2 - Kaido
3 - Big Mom
4 - Mihawk
5 - Shanks/Black Beard
6 - Marco
7 - Yamato
8 - Zoro/King
9 - Law/Kidd
10 - Sanji

Post time skip marco is way stronger than pre time skip who matches the admirals who are way below whitebeard.
He's not "way stronger" at all. In fact he was stated to be rusty.
I'm talking about this, is it legit?
Statement is legit, but it's inconsistent, since this Oden matched Kaido, who said WB's capable of fighting him.

If he's "many times stronger", Kaido and WB shouldn't be in the same ballpark

Statement is legit, but it's inconsistent, since this Oden matched Kaido, who said WB's capable of fighting him.

I wouldn't call it inconsistent. The manga says "many" while the anime says "a lot", so it's between 3 and 5 (4 for the safest middleground), and a 4x difference isn't enough to take the top tiers out of each other's ballparks. None can one shot each other after all.
Kaido started comparing Luffy to WB during round 1 just because of a single solid hit, so you can't take his statement entirely based on equality, rather just those who can actually offer a challenge.

There's a reason KAIDO holds the strongest creature title, as well as the consistent hype of having the highest power in terms of battle that even an Oden that's 3 to 4 times stronger than his WB clash would struggle to win. It doesn't break the consistency either when you consider the fact that they were just about neck to neck before Oden got distracted.

He's not "way stronger" at all. In fact he was stated to be rusty.

Not really.
Oden is not relative to WB when he started his adventure, WB didn't put any strength behind his clash with Oden when they first met.

Young Oden was < WB
"Many times stronger" Oden is ~ to WB.

I wouldn't call it inconsistent. The manga says "many" while the anime says "a lot", so it's between 3 and 5 (4 for the safest middleground), and a 4x difference isn't enough to take the top tiers out of each other's ballparks. None can one shot each other after all.
Even a 2x is an issue. A 4x is crazy.
Kaido started comparing Luffy to WB during round 1 just because of a single solid hit, so you can't take his statement entirely based on equality, rather just those who can actually offer a challenge.
WB offering a challenge and being 4x weaker is absurd. Kaidou said that when Luffy hit that man with one of his strongest moves that blow up inside of ppl's body in his brain.
There's a reason KAIDO holds the strongest creature title, as well as the consistent hype of having the highest power in terms of battle that even an Oden that's 3 to 4 times stronger than his WB clash would struggle to win. It doesn't break the consistency either when you consider the fact that they were just about neck to neck before Oden got distracted.
Him clashing with someone 3-4x stronger than someone who is capable of fighting him is crazy.
Not really.
Oden is not relative to WB when he started his adventure, WB didn't put any strength behind his clash with Oden when they first met.
Yall say this with no proof at all.
Young Oden was < WB
Young Oden was equal to WB when WB isn't using Haki
"Many times stronger" Oden is ~ to WB.
This make minimal sense

Yall say this with no proof at all.

Young Oden was equal to WB when WB isn't using Haki
The way you answered your own point is ridiculous.
Young Oden using Haki (as per the lightning) vs a casual Whitebeard who is not using haki (hence why he is casual).
"equal to WB" my butt.
This make minimal sense
It does. His haki was so far behind WB's, he didn't even have to use it to stop Oden.

Him clashing with someone 3-4x stronger than someone who is capable of fighting him is crazy
Why would it be? Even by the wiki's standards a difference of 3/4 times isn't enough to make fights a stomp or out of the realm of possibility either. Not all characters of the same tier are created entirely equal.

If you consider the fact that Kaido just got STRONGER since Oden left and came back, it's not really crazy. No reason Oden gets stronger in those years and Kaido stays stagnant KNOWING he's in Oden territory. And even if he DID, In the KING Flashback, King tells Kaido to "Keep being the STRONGEST" when Kaido's YOUNGER than he is during the Oden fight. Meaning he's ALWAYS been the strongest even while WB was in his prime. The easiest answer is: Pre-Laugh Tale Oden~WB
Post Laugh Tale Oden~Kaido>WB
Oden simply became stronger than Whitebeard, and Kaido was as well.

Roger and Prime WB still hold numbers 1 and 2. I can't see them losing to any other characters yet.

4x is a big difference, maybe its not an AP stomp but that would make the fact very over whelming to one side.

There's nothing stopping WB from also having grown in power during that time period given characters even in their 40s/50s can grow stronger over several years such as BM, Kaido and most likely Akainu. WB would have been 52 by the time Oden died, meaning when Oden started he would have been in his 40s.

The problem is that Oden wasn't even comparable to WB's full power, with Gura and Haki (Aka, the entire reason he is 6-B), so the 4x gap can totally exist, you don't compare a character to another based on a singular clash, not in One Piece, unless we want 6-B crocodile

Maybe Young Oden should scale to being 1/4 of the 6-B+'s and then he finally reached the level of the 6-B+'s when he finished his journey?

Honestly wanna hear what you guy's think, because I myself am not sure. Also I refer to Young Oden as in Oden before his voyage with WB.

Lemme remind that Ty said Buggy=Luffy and Bege>> Whole Cake Gear Fourth Luffy
And was willing to die on those hills. Likely still is-
How dare he downplay our lord & savior. Oh and 4th Luffy too.
I don't know how Drizzt kept his cool while hearing Ty talk for almost 3 hours😲

Maybe Young Oden should scale to being 1/4 of the 6-B+'s and then he finally reached the level of the 6-B+'s when he finished his journey?

Honestly wanna hear what you guy's think, because I myself am not sure. Also I refer to Young Oden as in Oden before his voyage with WB.
It's either Oden was weaker than WB and when he became "a lot stronger" he was his equal, which ties him definitively into the 6-B+ scale
OR
Oden was always comparable, King's statement about Kaido being the "strongest" when he was younger than he was in the Oden flashback stands, and Oden being "a lot stronger" post laugh-tale just warrants a High 6B rating for him and Kaido.

I'm leaning towards GodCharmander's stance of Oden just growing into that level. A High 6B rating will cause issues... Y'know, unless the anime timeframe of the cloud dispersal adds consistency to that >>

It's either Oden was weaker than WB and when he became "a lot stronger" he was his equal, which ties him definitively into the 6-B+ scale
OR
Oden was always comparable, King's statement about Kaido being the "strongest" when he was younger than he was in the Oden flashback stands, and Oden being "a lot stronger" post laugh-tale just warrants a High 6B rating for him and Kaido.

I'm leaning towards GodCharmander's stance of Oden just growing into that level. A High 6B rating will cause issues... Y'know, unless the anime timeframe of the cloud dispersal adds consistency to that >>
I agree with this. I'm going to update my list soon.

The way you answered your own point is ridiculous.
Young Oden using Haki (as per the lightning)
"As per the lightning" that's just regular Haki clash lightning. Probably gold cause of the specific people clashing. Heck they're probably using Hao too since they sent the shockwave out. WB probably has invisible buso with all those signs
vs a casual Whitebeard who is not using haki (hence why he is casual).
"equal to WB" my butt.
Equal to WB without Haki.
You're saying he's not serious cause he's not using Haki. What?
It does. His haki was so far behind WB's, he didn't even have to use it to stop Oden.
This is called headcanon.
Oden with Haki ~ WB without Haki.
Simple

You're tryna start headcanoning haki levels and reasons for not using certain abilities. Oden used Buso, WB didn't, they matched attacks. Oden w/ Buso ~ WB without Buso

Why would it be? Even by the wiki's standards a difference of 3/4 times isn't enough to make fights a stomp or out of the realm of possibility either. Not all characters of the same tier are created entirely equal.
Yes it is, we use relative AP clashes as debunks for 2x multipliers a lot. Idk where this narrative of "you can be 3-4x stronger than someone and still fight them as an equal" came from.

We have them all in the same ballpark on the wiki because they all scale to the same value. Them being in the same tier is dogshit for evidence.
You can be in the same tier and be a million times stronger than someone. You can be in 2 different tiers and be 2x stronger than someone.
If you consider the fact that Kaido just got STRONGER since Oden left and came back, it's not really crazy. No reason Oden gets stronger in those years and Kaido stays stagnant KNOWING he's in Oden territory. And even if he DID, In the KING Flashback, King tells Kaido to "Keep being the STRONGEST" when Kaido's YOUNGER than he is during the Oden fight. Meaning he's ALWAYS been the strongest even while WB was in his prime. The easiest answer is: Pre-Laugh Tale Oden~WB
Post Laugh Tale Oden~Kaido>WB
Oden simply became stronger than Whitebeard, and Kaido was as well.
No one is arguing they're not stronger than WB.

We're arguing that they're 3-4x stronger in the same ballpark.

This is like me saying that Base Zoro and Asura Zoro are in the exact same ballpark.

Cavendish, who got 2x stronger, bodied everyone he was relative to.
Hody, who got 2x stronger, bodied everyone he was relative to.
Oars, who was half as weak, was relative to everyone who he bodied.

And you wanna tell me a 3x-4x difference is "the same ballpark"???

Hell no.

Oden was as strong as WB without Haki.
When he came back he scaled to people who are as strong with him with Haki.

Yall wanna say he was 1/4th as strong or something. What? He scales to him without Haki. Simple

"Him not using the thing that makes him strong means he is not using his full strength? WhaAaaAt?";
Yes. It means that, stop acting like I'm saying something crazy.
You're saying that WB not using all of his moves means that his regular physicals, which we are scaling Oden to, are being held back.

If Luffy in base is fighting someone as an equal, we won't say "they don't scale to Luffy's base cause Luffy didn't use Gears".
This is your logic right now

I guess I should probably make at least a Top Ten list,

1) Rocks
2) Kaido
3) 5th Gear Luffy
4) Primebeard / Prime Shiki
5) Prime Roger / Prime Garp
6) Mihawk
7) Linlin
8) Shanks / Akainu / Oden
9) Prime Sengoku / Benn Beckman / Prime Chinjao
10) Kuzan / Kizaru

Dragon and Post-Timeskip BB are to big of ifs rn tho I have a feeling Post BB will be around 3rd. Dragon I really just dont know.

You're saying that WB not using all of his moves means that his regular physicals, which we are scaling Oden to, are being held back.
Not using Haki, or your fruit means you don't have to use it. You're holding back your full strength, which would be with Haki.
If Luffy in base is fighting someone as an equal, we won't say "they don't scale to Luffy's base cause Luffy didn't use Gears".
This is your logic right now
Nope. The example is false equivalency at it's finest.
If Base Luffy was fighting someone who uses Armament Haki: Koka, and Luffy isn't using Armament at all to take or attack his opponent, then we can safely say Luffy is holding back his full power on that form in particular (which is base)

Not using Haki, or your fruit means you don't have to use it. You're holding back your full strength, which would be with Haki.
Who
Gives
A
Damn
About
That

Did I say we're scaling him to his full strength? No.

I said he scales to him without Haki.

You're yanking out of the atmosphere that he doesn't scale to him at all.
Nope. The example is false equivalency at it's finest.
If Base Luffy was fighting someone who uses Armament Haki: Koka, and Luffy isn't using Armament at all to take or attack his opponent, then we can safely say Luffy is holding back his full power on that form in particular (which is base)
READ

"As per the lightning" that's just regular Haki clash lightning. Probably gold cause of the specific people clashing. Heck they're probably using Hao too since they sent the shockwave out. WB probably has invisible buso with all those signs

You're saying he's not serious cause he's not using Haki. What?

This is called headcanon.
Oden with Haki ~ WB without Haki.
Simple

You're tryna start headcanoning haki levels and reasons for not using certain abilities. Oden used Buso, WB didn't, they matched attacks. Oden w/ Buso ~ WB without Buso

Yes it is, we use relative AP clashes as debunks for 2x multipliers a lot. Idk where this narrative of "you can be 3-4x stronger than someone and still fight them as an equal" came from.

We have them all in the same ballpark on the wiki because they all scale to the same value. Them being in the same tier is dogshit for evidence.
You can be in the same tier and be a million times stronger than someone. You can be in 2 different tiers and be 2x stronger than someone.

No one is arguing they're not stronger than WB.

We're arguing that they're 3-4x stronger in the same ballpark.

This is like me saying that Base Zoro and Asura Zoro are in the exact same ballpark.

Cavendish, who got 2x stronger, bodied everyone he was relative to.
Hody, who got 2x stronger, bodied everyone he was relative to.
Oars, who was half as weak, was relative to everyone who he bodied.

And you wanna tell me a 3x-4x difference is "the same ballpark"???
Fair 'nuff. I guess in OP a x2 gap is just that big that it would narratively make no sense.

Hell no.

When he came back he scaled to people who are as strong with him with Haki.

Yall wanna say he was 1/4th as strong or something. What? He scales to him without Haki. Simple
Fair, I honestly just wanted to hear what people thought.

Who
Gives
A
Damn
About
That

Did I say we're scaling him to his full strength? No.

I said he scales to him without Haki.
You said before they don't just scale, but they're straight up equals in those states(No Haki WB & Haki Oden). The question is: Did WB use his full physical power(not counting haki/devil fruit) in that bisento swing against Oden? This is important when you remember Jimbei with armament blocking a no haki slash by Crazy Big Mom, she overpowered him just by putting more effort(still without haki/devil fruit enahncment). Kizaru blocked Marco kick & Marco sent him flying by using more power. What's to say the WB-Oden case is simular to these?

Back