• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Therefir

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Calculation Group
A remake of this match, but with Luffy being able to use every single ability Post-Onigashima.

That means Gear 5th is allowed, though he doesn't need to start with that.

The battle takes place at Mary Geoise, 10 meters from each other.

Luffy: 8 (Eseseso, KingTempest, TheMonkeMan, Darkvie123, TauanVictor, Da3ggman, FluffyCreatureZ, Maitreya)

Whitebeard: 7 (Godernet, DaReaperMan, That_moron, CiscoTheSoto, Hellscream, MonkeyOfLife, Eminiteable)

Inconclusive: 1 (Kazuma_kuwabara)

Last edited:
so instead of Blackbeard vs Luffy, Akainu vs Luffy, or any of the other Admirals vs Luffy you mfs want to see Luffy get Gurara'd a third time huh.

Voting Primebeard for now, better Haki, more experienced, likely better AP, and probably better stamina. I really don't see G5 lasting long enough to put down the younger version of the guy that got stabbed over 100 times, then shot even more times, lost a chunk of his head, and got partially donuted twice while he was having a heart attack and really sick meanwhile Pre-G5 Luffy got hit really hard by a baseball bat and died.

Voting Primebeard for now, better Haki
I won't argue for the other stuff, but how does Whitebeard have better Haki? Unless you're talking about potency, Luffy is either equal to him or has him beat in each category.

Better Observation, Higher Proficiency of Armament, and equal skill Conqueror's.

Potency is another thing though.

I already made this match a while ago and Primebeard won. Nothing's really changed during the time this match and the other match was made since Luffy hasn't gained any new abilities or remarkable feats.

I already made this match a while ago and Primebeard won. Nothing's really changed during the time this match and the other match was made since Luffy hasn't gained any new abilities or remarkable feats.

This is Luffy after his awakening while the previous match was Luffy pre-awakening.

So Luffy can use Gear 5th at will here where as in the previous match he could only achieve it through dying and reviving.

I won't argue for the other stuff, but how does Whitebeard have better Haki? Unless you're talking about potency, Luffy is either equal to him or has him beat in each category.
I would also like to know how WB have better Haki.

This is Luffy after his awakening while the previous match was Luffy pre-awakening.

So Luffy can use Gear 5th at will here where as in the previous match he could only achieve it through dying and reviving.
Nah, I made two matches for Luffy vs Whitebeard. One was with Old Whitebeard and Post-Udon Prison Training Luffy, and the other was with Primebeard and Post-Haōshoku Advancement Luffy. Gear 5 wasn't restricted in that match, either, and it didn't change people's opinions. Primebeard would still win, so this match is still unnecessary.

Gear 5 wasn't restricted in that match, either, and it didn't change people's opinions. Primebeard would still win, so this match is still unnecessary.
No, you made clear you were using Luffy post-advancement, before he was thrown into the ocean, and then KingTempest corrected you saying that the key is listing feats after he came back, while at the same time using Luffy prior to his awakening.

Also, Luffy has actually gained several abilities through time thanks to revisions and new information given by Oda, such as Luffy getting stronger the more he laughs, and subjective reality.

A lot of it is just my interpretation, but I don't think Luffy's Haki has reached its peak, he's still newer to the Adv Haki types and I feel like there is more to them than what Luffy learned to fight Kaido. We've heard of people like Shanks shutting off other people's obv with his Adv Conq or Yasopp being able to use FS for long periods of time than Katakuri. Even Kaido praised Roger for being able to conquer the world with his Haki alone yet Whitebeard is able to compete with his Haki. It also feels like the Old Gen had a lot more time and fought more often giving them more chances to bloom their Haki. The current gen is always stalemated with Top Tiers rarely ever fighting each other until more recently.

I also feel like Oda will make much more of a spectacle out of Luffy's Haki surpassing the previous gen but that's not really a strong argument.

I didn't think WB having better Haki was a controversial take, but I don't mind dropping that point for the match if most of you have a different stance.

yeah he probably would get a Haki bloom that’d help him fight on WBs lvl. The Haki thing wasn’t really my main point tbh.

Not seeing how PrimeBread is supposed to take the W whenever G5 comes out, Luffy should already be naturally resistant towards the Qauke Fruit and G5 would increase that resistance even further. (Vibrations on rubber wouldn't be very effective, can also likely transmute them in G5 given his ability to transmute electrons.)

Not seeing how PrimeBread is supposed to take the W whenever G5 comes out, Luffy should already be naturally resistant towards the Qauke Fruit and G5 would increase that resistance even further. (Vibrations on rubber wouldn't be very effective, can also likely transmute them in G5 given his ability to transmute electrons.)
Disagree, Haki negates that resistance just like how it can affect logias. Plus it works like Hasshoken, which can attack the innards

On top of that, transmuting lightning ≠ transmuting pure pressure. Not sure that'd work

Surprised no one brought up WB's Gura shockwaves as a wincon considering Luffy's rubber body is still vulnerable to them.
Teach and John Giant both survived blows directly to the head, Whitebeard's form of durability negation isn't akin to Rokugan outside of being a shockwave. Rokugan and Impact / Reject Dials are so devastating since they're compact, precise and targeted at a smaller surface. Whitebeard's is spread out due to the AoE so the internal effects aren't nearly as devastating.
Disagree, Haki negates that resistance just like how it can affect logias. Plus it works like Hasshoken, which can attack the innards.
That would also depend on Luffy's own Haki in relevancy to PrimeBread's. Remember Luffy's Haki has a dumb growth rate, if he's comparable (Obviously at some point he'll match PrimeBread's Haki.) then I doubt even Haki imbued attacks are gonna do much. Kaidou and Luffy were essentially equal, actually I think you can argue Kaidou's was better and he still couldn't bypass G5's blunt force resistance.
On top of that, transmuting lightning ≠ transmuting pure pressure. Not sure that'd work
The air quakes he should definitely be able to effects, at least the air blasts since those would be composed of air molecules.

Not really sure on the vibrations part, not even gonna act like I really know either since I'm a dumbass lmfao.

Teach and John Giant both survived blows directly to the head, Whitebeard's form of durability negation isn't akin to Rokugan outside of being a shockwave. Rokugan and Impact / Reject Dials are so devastating since they're compact, precise and targeted at a smaller surface. Whitebeard's is spread out due to the AoE so the internal effects aren't nearly as devastating.
If surving blows to the head is the measure of effectiveness idk why you're using Rokougan & the impact dials when characters have survived those attacks to the head as well.

BB taking them isn't really a fault to them either since he also took the shock wille from Law which were devastating towards SA Big Mom while the regular one was uneffected by Jinbe's FMK.
Luffy should already be naturally resistant towards the Qauke Fruit and G5 would increase that resistance even further.
He isn't, the gura gura attacks are shockwaves that phase through things and we already see Luffy plenty of times cannot resist shockwaves due to them not stretching his body.

This also wouldn't change with Gear 5th just like how cutting attacks effected Luffy the same as shown by Kaidou.

I love how this guy sees people like Law even clashing with the shockwaves and what not and thinks " Yeah this is gonna clap Luffy he can't really do anything about it. "

Haki is capable of resisting the effects of Devil Fruits, as outright stated by Law. Also, remember that the Kaido that Luffy had beaten had been repeatedly worn down from several battles and from holding the island up.

Haki is capable of resisting the effects of Devil Fruits, as outright stated by Law. Also, remember that the Kaido that Luffy had beaten had been repeatedly worn down from several battles and from holding the island up.
Gear 5 Luffy was near death, the playing field was near even.

I'm going to vote Primebeard personally, it's a close ass match, but issues start up once you look at the differences, WB starts with arguably better haki, a Devil Fruit that is literally the direct counter to Luffy's rubber form, that can also destroy Luffy's heart, which he kinda needs to bounce back, and also arguably higher stats in most areas

Doesn't help that Luffy starts out inferior to WB without haki, so If WB lands any hits whatsoever they are gonna FUUUUUCK Luffy up before G5 comes out

True the Naginata ( sharp polearm ) plus the quakes plus better Haki is gonna clap Luffy for a bit until he starts adapting and pulling out G5.
But like, he pulled out G5 against Lucci, so maybe he'd do that off the rip here?

If surving blows to the head is the measure of effectiveness idk why you're using Rokougan & the impact dials when characters have survived those attacks to the head as well.
There's a pretty big difference between the two, Rokugan and Impact Dials were made for the sole purpose of durability negation and target organs on a much more precise and accurate level. Whitebeard's Vibrations aren't as lethal, they're more widespread but for that sole reason makes them less lethal.

Whitebeard's Vibrations don't turn innards into mush, nor do they effect internal organs on the level of Rokugan, Ryou or Impact dials.

Whitebeard's using Vibrations, not a direct shockwave. Violently shaking rubber isn't going to effect it very much in the long run, Whitebeard's Devil Fruit allows him to create indirect shockwaves. Rokugan and such create shockwaves directly, work on a much smaller and precise scale and are meant as durability negation as its foremost usage.

Essentially what i'm getting at is that Whitebeard's durability negation is overblown as shit. He isnt pulling a Reverse Flash with his Vibrations, nor can he use them for distributing molecular structures like HF swords from MG. Hell he isnt even turning organs into mush. Passing Vibrations through rubber won't affect it, Rokugan and such are effective because they detonate inside whereas Whitebeard's Vibrations just well, pass through the body.
BB taking them isn't really a fault to them either since he also took the shock wille from Law which were devastating towards SA Big Mom while the regular one was uneffected by Jinbe's FMK.
That's overall meaningless to my argument and doesn't serve as a counter argument. Shock Wille was never targeted at his head, and again it works differently than Whitebeard's Gura Gura. Shock Wille is a electrical based attack that fries the opponent up from the inside, you can't compare electricity to vibrations.
He isn't, the gura gura attacks are shockwaves that phase through things and we already see Luffy plenty of times cannot resist shockwaves due to them not stretching his body.
No, the Gura Gura aren't shockwaves. They can indirectly produce shockwaves by the manipulation of vibrations, and read above. Whitebeard's shockwaves aren't nearly as lethal as a targeted and precise Rokugan. Again sending vibrations through rubber isn't going to be doing much to said rubber.

Rubber is quite literally used as an anti vibration material and is the best anti vibration material for a reason.
This also wouldn't change with Gear 5th just like how cutting attacks effected Luffy the same as shown by Kaidou.
False, comparing apples to oranges there. Kaidou uses cutting attacks, something that is a counter to rubber material. Unlike Kaidou's attacks, Luffy would be naturally resistant to the shockwaves that Whitebeard produces.

Back