• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

now the hatred and fury that Elis had towards Zodd seemed to be simply overshadowed by Rex's own, he clenched his fists, he was about to explode until in a second he just sighed.

"I suppose you came to see how he fought, because if you didn't want him dead you would have helped him or attacked us from behind, did you simply come to see the show? Or does your code of honor force you to fight head-on alone against an exhausted group? " Rex said sarcastically, clearly this was to help himself and not do something stupid.

Phares stopped running and turned back around. Oh no, he thinks to himself seeing Anarath, Taking down Zodd was already an ordeal. If we need to fight him too we’ll get slaughtered. He begins trying to hide himself as much as possible.

Anarath would merely begin to slide down the rubble, his arms still crossed and crimson flashes, his eyes, shining through his helmet. Tarak's dark magic would crash against the man, and...

"Cynthia really must've been a wrench..."

Anarath dusted himself off as he finally reached the ground, Seraphina violently trembling. Tarak's attack did practically no damage to the armored calamity, the tiniest of bruises appearing on his armor.

"If her undead is only at this level."

Anarath summoned a black crystal ball in his hand, ignoring Kentoria and Rex. He clearly was not here to fight the group, no, the exact opposite. He had merely come to pick up where Nosferatu Zodd had left off.

"Would you like to know what happened to Skoupídia after you all left it?"

Anarath would merely begin to slide down the rubble, his arms still crossed and crimson flashes, his eyes, shining through his helmet. Tarak's dark magic would crash against the man, and...

Anarath dusted himself off as he finally reached the ground, Seraphina violently trembling. Tarak's attack did practically no damage to the armored calamity, the tiniest of bruises appearing on his armor.

Anarath summoned a black crystal ball in his hand, ignoring Kentoria and Rex. He clearly was not here to fight the group, no, the exact opposite. He had merely come to pick up where Nosferatu Zodd had left off.

"It was destroyed?" Rex asked

Brownie looked at Anarath curiously.

Charlotte paled. Her body trembled as she stared at the calamity. Her fist's which had been clenched, slowly softened, as she took a shaky step forward. Sweat appeared on her brow.

"No...not them...anyone but them..." Her mind raced as she continued to take a step toward the man. Images of her sister and father flashed into her mind as she stared at the monstrous being before her. Slowly she opened her mouth to speak, her voice quiet.

"You...you didn't...." She began, stopping herself as she stared at the calamity with genuine fear in her eyes.

"DO NOT MENTION MASTERS NAME!" Tarak screeched, his voice fizzling out completely as he continued to pelt the monster with dark magic.

"No... No No No No No..." Adrian murmured, "Not again..." He murmured something unintelligible, a word which could not be understood as he lowered Dragon Slayer, Tarak's magic continuing to do practically no damage against the being.

"Did you think I would not send my forces back to that garbage planet? Don't make me laugh. From the beginning, that world was bustling with sacrifices to the Great God..."

The crystal ball expanded, showing an image of the planet...

Or what was left of it.

The entire planet was surrounded by a black, violent storm of death. The winds were pitch-black and were capable of rending earth as easily as one could tear paper, the storm comprised of various black screaming faces, something that, to anyone who was versed in the art of sorcery or knew of it, could tell were tortured souls. The planet's star was covered by immense darkness, somewhat like a solar eclipse, the light, or whatever light could shine through the darkness, having turned a reddish-orange color... She could recognize some of the screaming faces. Some may have been friends or comrades she had back in her gang days, some may have been people she killed, and two of those faces could be seen as... well, she would recognize them.

"What... is.... th.. a...t?" Elis mumbled, her eyes widening as she saw the planet covered by the violent storm of darkness.

Charlotte looked at the crystal ball. Her eyes stared blankly at the projection as she shakily took a step towards it.

"No...." She thought.

"That's not her...that's...that's not her..." she thought, she desperately clung to hope, desperately to maintain some semblance of sanity. She reached the top of the rubble, collapsing onto her knees as she stared at the image.

That messy black hair...the pale, freckled skin. The nose that was long, yet slender. The mouth, that could laugh for a thousand years. The eyes...the eyes that shined like the stars in a clear night sky.

It was her.

And Charlotte broke down. Tears flowed from her face as her body shook and convulsed on the rubble. Her sobs echoed through the ruined city. Everything she had worked for, her dreams, her aspirations... vanished into a swell of anguish. She said nothing, did nothing, simply curled into a ball, shivering as she fell deep into despair.

"Dark god so he is either a cultist or a warlock so it" he thought.

"To do that much damage to the planet he must have either incredible power or know some powerful rituals." he thought.

"What to do my holy and life magic isn`t powerful enough to counter that." he thought in despair.

Kentoria's face twisted in anger, though she did not attack, she knew it would be a very one-sided battle, while Lothon also looked angered immensely

Olorin looked at the planet, she felt angry and saddened, but they couldn't take another battle, and certainly not with a foe as this, she knew this better than anyone, but there one one person who needed her help the most.

Olorin got shakily out of Talandar, staggering to Charlotte and speaking quietly to her "We may not have be able to save the ones you cared for on that planet... but we can avenge them. Not now, but later. If you despair now you only feed him." Olorin murmured quietly, trying to get Charlotte to look her in the eye

Even if Nageki was unconscious, his anger was clearly reflected in Sophia’s eyes as she stared at the injustice occurring. They were unnecessary deaths, innocent people slain by a maniac cultist. It was clear she was angry, angry enough that her shield dissipated as her emotions went awry. There was no more calm, instead pure rage as she stared at the being known as Anaranth.

"....." Ryu only respond Anarath with a silent as he saw the recording.

"So you're the one responsible for my planet's destruction...." Says Ryu silently with immense fury behind his words

Kentoria's face twisted in anger, though she did not attack, she knew it would be a very one-sided battle, while Lothon also looked angered immensely

Olorin looked at the planet, she felt angry and saddened, but they couldn't take another battle, and certainly not with a foe as this, she knew this better than anyone, but there one one person who needed her help the most.

Olorin got shakily out of Talandar, staggering to Charlotte and speaking quietly to her "We may not have be able to save the ones you cared for on that planet... but we can avenge them. Not now, but later. If you despair now you only feed him." Olorin murmured quietly, trying to get Charlotte to look her in the eye
Charlotte didn't move. She didn't think. She barely breathed as she continued to lie on the ground. She didn't acknowledge Olorin presence, it was possible she couldn't hear the women at all as memories flashed into her mind. Her time in the slums, playing with her sister, bringing her the broken dolls and scrounged-up toys she could find while on her jobs. How they had slept under the same ramshackle roof as Charlotte slowly stroked her hair. How Phoebe would scarf down her food, messily eating as they both sat at their broken table. The wood creaked as they talked and laughed any time they got the chance.

She remembered the smile Phoebe would have on her face, every time she came home. How she would embrace her, asking her if she was alright if she had finally earned enough to quit the gangs forever. Once she had quit, she was sure it was only a matter of time before she earned enough to buy a ship. The ship of their dreams, to carry them to beautiful planets they had read so much about in discarded books.

She continued to sob, her spirit and mind, completely shattered.

"Good... That is good."

Anarath walked up to Charlotte, kneeling down to her. He didn't even seem to acknowledge Olorin's presence there, no, he stopped acknowledging everything. He held his hand out to her, an armored, bloodied hand, but he held it out all the same, and if one could perhaps see his face, or whatever figure lay beneath the helmet, then one may be able to even see a smile.

"That emotion you feel is despair. And soon, you will then grasp futility. Your very existence is futile. But it can be made something..."

Anarath grabbed her by the hair, lifting her up as to look her in the eye.

"If you simply follow my instruction, she can be brought back to life... If you simply initiate the Eclipse, she can be revived..."

Charlotte didn't move. She didn't think. She barely breathed as she continued to lie on the ground. She didn't acknowledge Olorin presence, it was possible she couldn't hear the women at all as memories flashed into her mind. Her time in the slums, playing with her sister, bringing her the broken dolls and scrounged-up toys she could find while on her jobs. How they had slept under the same ramshackle roof as Charlotte slowly stroked her hair. How Phoebe would scarf down her food, messily eating as they both sat at their broken table. The wood creaked as they talked and laughed any time they got the chance.

She remembered the smile Phoebe would have on her face, every time she came home. How she would embrace her, asking her if she was alright if she had finally earned enough to quit the gangs forever. Once she had quit, she was sure it was only a matter of time before she earned enough to buy a ship. The ship of their dreams, to carry them to beautiful planets they had read so much about in discarded books.

She continued to sob, her spirit and mind, completely shattered.
Olorin stood up and got in the way of Anarath's sight and looked Charlotte in the eyes

"You cannot just give up... yet! He spits venom... and lies...!" Olorin said, not even moving in the face of the fact she might anger the man behind her

Charlotte stared at the man for a moment, her eyes glazed over. Eventually...she opened her mouth.

"....Back...to...life...?" She muttered. Her voice was weak, desperate, and needy. Her heart pounding in her chest as she continued to limply hang from the man's grasp. She heard Olorins words, and a small, minuscule part of her knew she was right, that this must have been a trick. But a far larger part wanted nothing more than to see her sister...one last time.

"Yes... All you have to do is take my hand, and utter the words... 'I sacrifice', Charlotte." Anarath would say, standing up as he crossed his arms once more, his patience with Olorin's presence running thin as he let Charlotte fall back to the ground.

"If you sacrifice this planet and its inhabitants, then she can be plucked from the remnants of Skoupídia and returned to life. The Great God will make it so that once you do you'll have the power to make sure nothing comes in harm's way to her. You want to see her again, yes? All you have to do is take my hand... And say 'I sacrifice.' That is all you need to do."

"Ch..a.. r-.. Agk...!-" Elis let out a choked shout towards Charlotte, unable to properly get the words out due to her exhaustion and injuries.

Charlotte stared at the man for a moment, her eyes glazed over. Eventually...she opened her mouth.

"....Back...to...life...?" She muttered. Her voice was weak, desperate, and needy. Her heart pounding in her chest as she continued to limply hang from the man's grasp. She heard Olorins words, and a small, minuscule part of her knew she was right, that this must have been a trick. But a far larger part wanted nothing more than to see her sister...one last time.
"Look at it this way... those you cared for would be disgusted that you'd turn to him... to ressurect them...!" Olorin said, her legs beginning to shake under her own weight, but...

"Charlotte, he's going to make you regret it!" Kentoria shouted, not moving from her spot

"......" Ryu only stand silent at Anarath's word, and then.

"So that's what you entice him with!! HAHAHAHA, no wonder he can't refuse!" Says Ryu as he laugh at Anarath's word.

"A little bit advice from me Mr. Anarath, please make a better lies." Says Ryu to Anarath

(Yeah i'm going full jackass)

"Yes... All you have to do is take my hand, and utter the words... 'I sacrifice', Charlotte." Anarath would say, standing up as he crossed his arms once more, his patience with Olorin's presence running thin as he let Charlotte fall back to the ground.

"If you sacrifice this planet and its inhabitants, then she can be plucked from the remnants of Skoupídia and returned to life. The Great God will make it so that once you do you'll have the power to make sure nothing comes in harm's way to her. You want to see her again, yes? All you have to do is take my hand... And say 'I sacrifice.' That is all you need to do."

"Ch..a.. r-.. Agk...!-" Elis let out a choked shout towards Charlotte, unable to properly get the words out due to her exhaustion and injuries.
Charlotte stared at the man. Her mouth opened as her hand trembled.

"...Sacrifice....?" She muttered blankly. She stared at the ground, her eyes flashing with a wild mix of emotions.

"...Phoebe...." She muttered. She slowly pushed herself onto her hands and knees, her white suit beaten and torn.

"...yes...yes...I...I...can see her again...." She muttered. Her heart continued to pound in her chest as she slowly looked up at the man's hand.

"....I don't...I don't even care about these people. Their nothing...nothing..." She muttered. Her left arm trembled as she slowly lifted it off the ground, her eyes full of yearning as she stared up at the monster. Her hand inching closer to his own. Yet she paused, her entire body freezing as she visibly hesitated, staring at his hand. Slowly...she looked down at Elis, hearing her choked shout as she stared at the girl. She remembered how they had talked, how she had gone out of her way to teach her magic geometry, how she had accepted her...even after she told her the past she had led.

"...I don't...I don't care..." She said quietly, attempting to turn away from the women. Only to be met with the face of Olorin as she looked at her. She remembered the girls words, the sound echoing in her brain as she stared at the woman.

"...No...these...these people don't matter..." She said quietly. Her mind filled with memories as she looked away again, her gaze settling on Seraphina. She remembered when she saw the girl. Bloodied and broken within the layer of the calamity base. How she had suffered, and how her life had been completely destroyed by Zodd's rath.

"...No...No..." She muttered. Her eyes fell on Timpcanpy. The Golem that she had wanted to get to know, but never figured out how.

"........" Charlotte closed her eyes, her hands balling into fists as she slammed them against the ground, breathing heavily as tears continued to stream down her face.

"...Burn in hell...Anarath" She said quietly.

"A shame."

The crystal ball shrunk, moving back into his hand as he went back up to the rubble.

"I wasn't lying, you know. Had you simply done as ordered you would've been able to see your sister again. I even went out of my way to offer you the chance to venerate our Great God afterward out of the kindness of my own heart..."

Anarath sighed.

"Perhaps I will have to find a new disciple on the next world since Zodd is dead. No matter. Neptunia is as good as dead. The Eclipse will begin."

"......." Charlotte stared at the ground, her whole body shaking.

"....I...I...I want..." Charlotte muttered.

"...I...I...I want to see her again..." She said. She heaved a dry sob.

"...I'll do...I'll do anything...I'll...I'll kill anyone you ask...please...." She muttered, she crawled towards the man, gripping his leg.

"...let them live..." She said quietly, glancing towards the group.

"I'd rather die then see you fall to him." Olorin said as she fell right in the way of Charlotte, breathing harshly, Kentoria almost smiled through her rage, that kind of determination was rare, and it was impressive by her standards

"......." Charlotte stared at the ground, her whole body shaking.

"....I...I...I want..." Charlotte muttered.

"...I...I...I want to see her again..." She said. She heaved a dry sob.

"...I'll do...I'll do anything...I'll...I'll kill anyone you ask...please...." She muttered, she crawled towards the man, gripping his leg.

"...let them live..." She said quietly, glancing towards the group.
(Poke)

"I'd rather die then see you fall to him." Olorin said as she fell right in the way of Charlotte, breathing harshly, Kentoria almost smiled through her rage, that kind of determination was rare, and it was impressive by her standards
Charlotte stared at the girl before attempting to move past her.

"...She...She...was my everything...." Charlotte murmured, desperately crawling on the ground towards the calamity.

"...I...I...I did it all for..." She rambled, her eyes wild and desperate.

"....her..."

Charlotte stared at the girl before attempting to move past her.

"...She...She...was my everything...." Charlotte murmured, desperately crawling on the ground towards the calamity.

"...I...I...I did it all for..." She rambled, her eyes wild and desperate.

"....her..."
"And so would she Charlotte, to join a Calamity is as good as spitting on her grave." Olorin said, her voice dry itself while Olorin dragged herself to be in Charlotte's way

"No..." Charlotte began her body trembling

"...She...She was...too good...for the slums. She...she....she just...she just wanted to...see the galaxy...thats...that's all she dreamed about..." Charlotte said quietly.

"...I...wish I could've shown her...just once....what it was...like." She said quietly. Tears streamed down her face as she stopped crawling, simply staring at the ground.

"No..." Charlotte began her body trembling

"...She...She was...too good...for the slums. She...she....she just...she just wanted to...see the galaxy...thats...that's all she dreamed about..." Charlotte said quietly.

"...I...wish I could've shown her...just once....what it was...like." She said quietly. Tears streamed down her face as she stopped crawling, simply staring at the ground.
"She's already seeing it... nrgh...." Olorin grunted, her breathing only getting harsher as she spoke, but still reached out to out a hand on Charlotte's shoulder, breathing heavily

Charlotte looked down at the ground, shaking her head. Her body was trembling, as if she was struggling even to remain on her knees.

"....She's dead. She...she never got to see it. Her last memories were in that goddamn hellhole." Charlotte choaked out, she raised her fist, slamming it against the ground, blood flowing from her broken skin.

"She's seeing... it now...!" Olorin said, shifting over to where she could look Charlotte in the eyes, though she was steadily weakening physically

"...afterlife....?" Charlotte murmured. Slowly...she looked up, staring at Olorin. Her eyes dull as she looked at the girl.

"...do...do you...do you think...she'll finally...escape the slums? She'll...she'll finally be free...?" She asked quietly, desperation in her voice.

Charlotte stared at the ground, tears falling onto the rubble below.

"...she...she finally...she finally got to escape...huh...?" She said shakily. a sad smile forming on her lips.

"...Phoebe...she...she finally got to see the stars..." She murmured to herself. She let out a sob, collapsing onto the ground.

Charlotte stared at the ground, tears falling onto the rubble below.

"...she...she finally...she finally got to escape...huh...?" She said shakily. a sad smile forming on her lips.

"...Phoebe...she...she finally got to see the stars..." She murmured to herself. She let out a sob, collapsing onto the ground.
"We have to... leave..." Olorin murmured, beginning to tear up as she realized the same thing would probably happen to this place

"Vile wretch... You soil the opportunity given to you..." Anarath said, the ground beginning to writhe as black wind began surrounding them, Adrian trembling and propping himself up on Dragon Slayer, now attempting to limp away as Kirby began healing him.

"Run, forest, run!!" Kirby shouted, knowing exactly what was coming next...

"We must leave immediately." Timcanpy said, "Something is coming..."

Talandar immediately scooped up Olorin and carried Timcanpy and Charlotte in his three devices before rushing off to the space port at shocking speeds

Kentoria clenched her teeth and trembled a bit before running after Talandar while Lothon looked down as he ran as well

Charlotte looked at the sky, her despair mixing with terror as she saw the sky darken and shift, exactly like what she saw in Anarath's orb.

"...He's...he's doing it again..." Charlotte murmured quietly, tears still running down her cheek as Talander carried her. This is what Pheobe experienced. These were her final moments. And that knowledge nearly drove her over the edge as she closed her eyes, sobbing quietly.

Tarak, who had exhausted all of his magic power trying in vain to attack Anarath, and had broken several weapons trying to break through the man's armor, let out a blood-curdling screech, before dashing alongside the rest of the party, sensing the dark energy at play as he was forced to flee.

"...Tarak...kill Anarath...anyone who insults master...will die..." Tarak whispered to himself, bloodlust obvious in his voice as he scurried away.

Last edited:
Back