• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

"....." Charlotte slowly dismounted Talander. taking a step towards him as she nearly collapsed onto the man, just barely keeping herself steady.

"....how many...." She murmured.

"....How many planets...has he done this to...?" She asked. Her voice was dull, empty. Yet...a new emotion slowly crept into her tone. Her fists slowly clenched as she stared at the man.
Adrian helped her up, remaining silent for a bit. After a few moments, he would sigh, "I don't know all of them, obviously... But I've been hunting Anarath ever since I was 5. So... hundreds, at the very least."

Talandar got Olorin onto a bed in the bedroom and put Elis on the other one, transforming into alternate form and pushing a hidden button that supplied Elis stamina

"We require you to keep Olorin alive during operations." Talandar said to Elis as he turned to her

Adrian helped her up, remaining silent for a bit. After a few moments, he would sigh, "I don't know all of them, obviously... But I've been hunting Anarath ever since I was 5. So... hundreds, at the very least."
Charlotte grabbed Adrain's hand...her grip slowly tightening around the man as she breathed out, a whirl of emotion flooding into her body.

"...Did...he do this...to your planet to...?" She asked quietly. Her face contorted as anguish, rage, and fear mixed into her expression.

Nageki would place Sophia down in a bed within the ship before walking back to the main section. From there, he would be able to hear the current conversation but he was still obviously still out of reality.

Talandar got Olorin onto a bed in the bedroom and put Elis on the other one, transforming into alternate form and pushing a hidden button that supplied Elis stamina

"We require you to keep Olorin alive during operations." Talandar said to Elis as he turned to her
Elis would only nod, staying silent as she then turned to Olorin, her eyes still cloudy but her stamina was slowly returning to her.
Charlotte grabbed Adrain's hand...her grip slowly tightening around the man as she breathed out, a whirl of emotion flooding into her body.

"...Did...he do this...to your planet to...?" She asked quietly. Her face contorted as anguish, rage, and fear mixed into her expression.
"............"

Kirby hopped off of Adrian's shoulder, standing next to the man as he looked down, his face beginning to contort with not rage, no, it was anguish.

"It's a long story..."

A loud slam was heard in the direction of Kentoria's room, the woman having slammed her fist into the wall

"Elis... when your... ready...!" Olorin said to Elis roughly

A loud slam was heard in the direction of Kentoria's room, the woman having slammed her fist into the wall

"Elis... when your... ready...!" Olorin said to Elis roughly
"I'm... ready..." Elis murmured, ready for whatever operation that was about to take place as she instantly analyzed Olorin's physical composition, using the previous sound data she got from listening to Olorin's insides to form a detailed mental image of her organs and whatever she may need to know about in the future in milliseconds.

"............"

Kirby hopped off of Adrian's shoulder, standing next to the man as he looked down, his face beginning to contort with not rage, no, it was anguish.

"It's a long story..."
Charlotte stared at the ground for a few moments, slowly nodding.

"...I...want...." She said softly.

"...I want to join... your hunt...." She said. Her body trembling with emotion as she stared at the man, her breathing heavy.

Olorin was suddenly put to sleep with another beam, a soft and clean cut to get to her organs, her organs being turned off, requiring Elis to take the functions of her organs and do them herself, while her organs were being very heavily upgraded

Kentoria walked up to Charlotte and Adrian, one of her gauntlets dripping her own blood very often "I would like to join it as well." Kentoria said quietly

Charlotte stared at the ground for a few moments, slowly nodding.

"...I...want...." She said softly.

"...I want to join... your hunt...." She said. Her body trembling with emotion as she stared at the man, her breathing heavy.
Adrian looked at her with a blank look in his eye. No, not a blank look, perhaps it was more of a look of pity. A pity that she'd take this life.

"My way of life is leagues different than anything you've experienced, Charlotte." Adrian said, "There'll rarely be any sleep. The enemies will always be stronger than you, far stronger, so you'll have to train constantly. You'll watch countless people burn, and die, for nothing but the amusement of demons and calamities. You'll never find peace in my path, Charlotte. You'll never have true comrades..."

Beneath his armor, anybody could feel it. The countless scars that riddled his flesh, the countless bruises, and gashes. All gained from countless battles, countless hours of hopeless training. Adrian's skills were rough, refined, but unrefined, only achievable through desperate struggle. He never had any talent, after all. Everything he'd ever learned came from countless years of thrashing away at his own life. It was obvious he didn't want that for her, no, he didn't want that for anybody.
Olorin was suddenly put to sleep with another beam, a soft and clean cut to get to her organs, her organs being turned off, requiring Elis to take the functions of her organs and do them herself, while her organs were being very heavily upgraded
Elis did just that, releasing a very, very, very light electrical pulse that would allow her to take control of Olorin's mechanical organs and run them herself, performing simple calculations in her head to make them run just as they would if they were in normal condition.

(I edited to include Kentoria lol)

"I've lived that myself." Kentoria said quietly

the machinery of the ship wasn't at all effected, and one could almost call it fascinating to see a mechanical lung and heart and liver do their thing, and soon, after about five minutes, the wound used to get to the organs was being sealed by the machinery, her organs running perfectly and efficiently Olorin just left sleeping

"Elis..." Olorin muttered, clearly wanting to lay with Elis

Adrian looked at her with a blank look in his eye. No, not a blank look, perhaps it was more of a look of pity. A pity that she'd take this life.

"My way of life is leagues different than anything you've experienced, Charlotte." Adrian said, "There'll rarely be any sleep. The enemies will always be stronger than you, far stronger, so you'll have to train constantly. You'll watch countless people burn, and die, for nothing but the amusement of demons and calamities. You'll never find peace in my path, Charlotte. You'll never have true comrades..."

Beneath his armor, anybody could feel it. The countless scars that riddled his flesh, the countless bruises, and gashes. All gained from countless battles, countless hours of hopeless training. Adrian's skills were rough, refined, but unrefined, only achievable through desperate struggle. He never had any talent, after all. Everything he'd ever learned came from countless years of thrashing away at his own life. It was obvious he didn't want that for her, no, he didn't want that for anybody.
Charlotte stared at the man for a long while, looking him in the eye.

"...Pheobe....was my...."

"...everything..." She said quietly.

"...Everything I did...all the ****** up things jobs I took....all the people I killed...all the families I tore apart..."

"...was so she...she could...she could..." Charlotte stopped. Her body trembled as she nearly collapsed. She clutched her head, breathing heavily as she closed her eyes.

"...That...that son of a bitch took her from me...." She said quietly.

Rex kept looking at everything that was happening but still unable to do anything optimal, the negative emotions of each of his companions were ******* powerful, it was almost like being on an island, with only kilometers of negativity.

Charlotte stared at the man for a long while, looking him in the eye.

"...Pheobe....was my...."

"...everything..." She said quietly.

"...Everything I did...all the ****** up things jobs I took....all the people I killed...all the families I tore apart..."

"...was so she...she could...she could..." Charlotte stopped. Her body trembled as she nearly collapsed. She clutched her head, breathing heavily as she closed her eyes.

"...That...that son of a bitch took her from me...." She said quietly.
"Do whatever you see fit, then. But that's you're business... We aren't comrades." Adrian said, "Our hunts... Are both of our own business. I don't care about Phoebe, so take care of it on you're own time."

Seraphina gritted her teeth as she listened to this, clenching her fists as her face contorted with rage... "Anarath... Anarath... Thats his name..." Seraphina muttered to herself.
(I edited to include Kentoria lol)

"I've lived that myself." Kentoria said quietly

the machinery of the ship wasn't at all effected, and one could almost call it fascinating to see a mechanical lung and heart and liver do their thing, and soon, after about five minutes, the wound used to get to the organs was being sealed by the machinery, her organs running perfectly and efficiently Olorin just left sleeping

"Elis..." Olorin muttered, clearly wanting to lay with Elis
Elis went over to Olorin and did just that, falling next to her and immediately falling asleep as she was mostly mentally exhausted, holding the girl in a soft hug as she lacked the willpower to do it tighter, simply lightly snoring next to Olorin with still partially opened eyes, as if she was constantly sleeping with her eyes open, constantly on guard.

Talandar watched them for a moment before turning t Timcanpy and nodding, walking two rooms past and tapping a button, opening a connection with the Stars of Cinders' ship

"We will be taking off shortly, destination is currently Unknown." Talandar said

"Let's leave, yeah. Masked man... get us... out of here." Kentoria said, her right arm trembling

"Do whatever you see fit, then. But that's you're business... We aren't comrades." Adrian said, "Our hunts... Are both of our own business. I don't care about Phoebe, so take care of it on you're own time."

Seraphina gritted her teeth as she listened to this, clenching her fists as her face contorted with rage... "Anarath... Anarath... Thats his name..." Seraphina muttered to herself.
Charlotte stared at Adrain, gripping his shoulders as he continued to stare at the man.

"...I..." She began. stared at the man for a long moment.

"...I...can't do it alone..." She said quietly. Her voice quivering.

Talandar watched them for a moment before turning t Timcanpy and nodding, walking two rooms past and tapping a button, opening a connection with the Stars of Cinders' ship

"We will be taking off shortly, destination is currently Unknown." Talandar said

"Let's leave, yeah. Masked man... get us... out of here." Kentoria said, her right arm trembling
"We cannot take off." Timcanpy said, "Master... wants to save those people. I can tell she does. She wants to stop the Eclipse. I cannot disobey her. I must... We must save Neptunia..." Timcanpy said, her face slightly contorting.

"It is... what she... wants."

The Masked Man was silent, but, he was clearly in the area, and what exactly he was doing was unclear. He hadn't done anything during the fight, so maybe he had a plan, and maybe with the beginning of the Eclipse it had all been foiled.
Charlotte stared at Adrain, gripping his shoulders as he continued to stare at the man.

"...I..." She began. stared at the man for a long moment.

"...I...can't do it alone..." She said quietly. Her voice quivering.
"......You won't bring her back, Charlotte." Adrian said, "Hunting... You're not cut out for it. Take the money you've earned and settle down. Somewhere safe."

"We cannot take off." Timcanpy said, "Master... wants to save those people. I can tell she does. She wants to stop the Eclipse. I cannot disobey her. I must... We must save Neptunia..." Timcanpy said, her face slightly contorting.

"It is... what she... wants."

The Masked Man was silent, but, he was clearly in the area, and what exactly he was doing was unclear. He hadn't done anything during the fight, so maybe he had a plan, and maybe with the beginning of the Eclipse it had all been foiled.
"And how would we do that? We lack any resources or real knowledge on an Eclipse." Talandar responded to Timcanpy, sighing out "It's what Olorin wants as well." Talandar responded

"Do you have a plan, Mask?" Kentoria asked

"......You won't bring her back, Charlotte." Adrian said, "Hunting... You're not cut out for it. Take the money you've earned and settle down. Somewhere safe."
Charlotte closed her eyes, tears slowly streaming down her cheeks as she began to break down again.

"No....no...no...." Charlotte repeated.

"...That bastard...took...EVERYTHING from me..." She sobbed, anger and grief mixing in her voice as she shook Adrain slightly.

"...I...I..even if I settle down somewhere...he's just going to destroy that planet too. and the next one and the next one...." She muttered, rambling slightly.

"And how would we do that? We lack any resources or real knowledge on an Eclipse." Talandar responded to Timcanpy, sighing out "It's what Olorin wants as well." Talandar responded

"Do you have a plan, Mask?" Kentoria asked
"I do not know... But... it is her will... and thus, I must... I must fulfill it. Ha.." Surprisingly, for the first time in well, forever, Timcanpy seemed stressed. She trembled a bit despite her blank face, clearly confused on how to proceed. Where would they go? What would they do? Could she keep Elis safe there? She was at a loss for words, or for ideas.

"We move..." The Masked Man said, his location still mysterious. "There's no hope of saving Neptunia."
Charlotte closed her eyes, tears slowly streaming down her cheeks as she began to break down again.

"No....no...no...." Charlotte repeated.

"...That bastard...took...EVERYTHING from me..." She sobbed, anger and grief mixing in her voice as she shook Adrain slightly.

"...I...I..even if I settle down somewhere...he's just going to destroy that planet too. and the next one and the next one...." She muttered, rambling slightly.
"....." ADRIAN(not Adrain) sighed, simply letting her fall to the ground as he began walking to one of the training rooms in the SoC ship.

"I won't stop you from doing anything. Do as you see fit..."

"I do not know... But... it is her will... and thus, I must... I must fulfill it. Ha.." Surprisingly, for the first time in well, forever, Timcanpy seemed stressed. She trembled a bit despite her blank face, clearly confused on how to proceed. Where would they go? What would they do? Could she keep Elis safe there? She was at a loss for words, or for ideas.

"We move..." The Masked Man said, his location still mysterious. "There's no hope of saving Neptunia."

"....." ADRIAN(not Adrain) sighed, simply letting her fall to the ground as he began walking to one of the training rooms in the SoC ship.

"I won't stop you from doing anything. Do as you see fit..."
".... I'm sorry, Timcanpy... I feel the need myself." Talandar said, clearly sympathizing with Timcanpy's feelings on the matter

"... when are we taking off..." Kentoria muttered

Rex looked at Charlotte and just understood, she was going through the same thing as him at first, she shared his hatred.

"....." I just hope that the next world will not affect her, she would rather something bad happen to him than to innocents

Nageki wouldn't say anything in retaliation, in fact, he was abnormally quiet. The only sound that came from him was his quiet breathing as Sophia was still knocked out cold from transporting everyone.

Nageki wouldn't say anything in retaliation, in fact, he was abnormally quiet. The only sound that came from him was his quiet breathing as Sophia was still knocked out cold from transporting everyone.
Tarak slowly wandered over to Sophia, gently prodding her arm with a skeletal finger.

"...Friend...?" He said. For the first time since he joined the party, Tarak sounded genuinely worried. His voice cracked as he looked down at the woman.

Charlotte slowly stood to her feet, wiping her eyes. She dimly walked to her room on the ship, silently closing the door behind her, before sitting on the bed, staring at the floor.

Kentoria was there, her head lowered as she was training technique, true domes of slashes and stabs forming around her at each swing, seeming to be aimed at nothing in particular at all

Olorin shifted in her sleep, putting her head into Elis's chest unconsciously as she shifted

Tarak slowly wandered over to Sophia, gently prodding her arm with a skeletal finger.

"...Friend...?" He said. For the first time since he joined the party, Tarak sounded genuinely worried. His voice cracked as he looked down at the woman.
Sophia would still be in a deep sleep, though, she was still breathing, and she was still living. She even reacted to the prodding slightly, by rolling over with a small groan.

Sophia would still be in a deep sleep, though, she was still breathing, and she was still living. She even reacted to the prodding slightly, by rolling over with a small groan.
Tarak continued to stare at Sophia. He couldn't fully understand what was going on with her, but he understood she was still alive.

"...Friend must be..."sleeping". Master used to sleep..." Tarak murmured, slowly nodding in understanding.

"...Tarak will stay with friend...." He murmured. He gripped his club, standing next to Sophia. Acting as a sort of guard for her unconscious form. He stood still, barely moving as he waited for her to wake up.

Adrian went into an entirely different training room, violently swinging his sword as he trained his techniques. Seraphina watched him in shock and awe, his skill only improving as he was clearly on an entirely different level compared to his fight with Charlotte. She couldn't help but think...

"What if I was that strong...?" She thought to herself. Maybe she could've protected her friends. Maybe she could've stopped Zodd, if only she was that strong...

"Hm?" Adrian turned to Seraphina who had picked up a thick sword, clearly having trouble lifting it. "You can't wield that, kid..."

"Yes... I... Can...!" Seraphina swung the blade with all her might, and again, and again, and again, using the blade's weight to carry each slash into the next due to not having the strength to lift it on her own. Her swings had no real foundation, they were sloppy even, but she picked up how to use the heavy weapon decently quickly.

"Haa.." Adrian simply sighed, "Do whatever you see fit, then." He had no right to question her if she was determined to get strong.

"But at the rate you're going... It'll take you decades before you ever get strong if you keep training like that." Adrian thought to himself as he simply went back to training.

"I will... be stronger...!" Seraphina thought as she violently and sloppily swung the large sword. But regardless, she couldn't compare to the man, and she knew that. Adrian, even when wielding a weapon leagues heavier than hers, was creating effortless storms of slashes in patterns she couldn't even begin to comprehend, decades upon decades of experience cultivating in his techniques.

"As strong as... him..." She thought.
Olorin shifted in her sleep, putting her head into Elis's chest unconsciously as she shifted
Elis slowly woke up as Olorin did this, immediately beginning to blush as she tried getting up. "U-Uh... Olorin..."
"... when are we taking off..." Kentoria muttered
"Tomorrow. We need time to rest... I've no idea our next location regardless." The Masked Man said.

Elis slowly woke up as Olorin did this, immediately beginning to blush as she tried getting up. "U-Uh... Olorin..."

"Tomorrow. We need time to rest... I've no idea our next location regardless." The Masked Man said.
Olorin shifted as Elis did slow, looking groggily up at Elis "...huh...?"

"...Then I shall place the offenses of the ship at maximum to handle any possible threats here." Talandar said, doing just that while Kentoria continued training, even harder than usual as she did so, her arms beginning to bleed as well as her hands

"Your face was in a rather... uh... Whatever...! I gotta leave and meet up with my crew in our ship... We... rode her together and I... You get the point." Elis said as she sat up.

"...ah... okay..." Olorin's voice was disappointed, but she understood what Elis saying

"...Where was my face...?" Olorin asked as she slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes

"Don't worry about it!" Elis said as she got up, Timcanpy switching to Golem Form and plopping herself onto Elis's head.

"Thank you for letting me stay on your ship like this, though..." She said, bowing courteously.

"I'm a part of the Stars of Cinder, remember? I'll be going with you one way or another, plus, I can teleport between ships while I'm in this one." Olorin responded, smiling, but she still wanted to know where her face was as she got up and stretched a bit

Back