• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While DMC1 Dante is definitely above High 7-C, I'm not sure about scaling him to Baul & Modeus.

And honestly, I don't even have a clue what exactly made the island sink

I was after Dante defeats Mundus

Maybe his power was holding, feeding the island, when he lost, everything became unstable

Mundus when weakened still held the island, and was on par with Dante, so, weakened Mundus still had power to keep the island, and Dante was as powerful as him, making both 6-C

And being honest, this even fits in with what we saw in the series, because DMC1 Dante is an intermediary between DMC3 Dante and DMC4 Dante, who was said to be equal, perhaps superior to Sparda, so the first was High 7-C, the later High 6-A, and the intermediary 6-C

Dmc 1 Dante was nearly killed by mundus and couldn't even react to his attacks.

But when he was drawing power from the sparda sword he casually deflected his attack

Dante was worried about Trish

Even she was able to react and save Dante from a attack from Mundus, and Dante, who defeated her, can do the at MINIMUM the same

Dante was looking at mundus when he attacked him and was on his knees by one attack from mundus

And in there second fight a injured mundus was laughing at Dante's attempts to fight him

DMC 1 may be apporaching sparda's level but to what extent no idea but its unlikely to rival his students just yet

Sparda 20000000 said:
What do you guys think about putting the god tier at at least 5-b again that was their tier before the mundus tweet
They were 3-A before, and no Matthew even rejected the FTL and 5-B stuff.

@Hadou

Yea I remember Sparda striking Earth with a spear, altho he didn't destroy it completely. Maybe that could be calced

But why would he do that tho?

IIRC there was a thread where people agreed that it was actually Sparda due to how much the guy resembled him

I heard that it was deemed too high to other speed feats in the verse akin to the discussion about Mundus feat.

And I also found the stuff to address about if Mundus teleported Dante

No he did not. Mundus throughout DMC lore has never been able to teleport his physical body anywhere before. And when he does teleport it mostly consists of an Avatar with 3 red glowing orbs. And it would be weird if all of a sudden Mundus happens to teleport Dante somewhere without the presence of his 3 red orbs. The exeption to this is when Mundus clawed his way into the human world which is seperated by the time space fabric.

Just want to say that me and Red already said why Mundus' feat cannot be a teleportation. And since we all agree on that 3-A and 4-A are an utter BS, it can be nothing else but a pocket dimension, which collapses after his defeat

IMO there should be some other reason to put them at said rating, 'cause the one you proposed seems quite shaky

And did we settle the "Matter Manipulation Resistance" stuff for Dante? IIRC there are Plasmas whose lasers have the properties of a particle beam, and apparently there's Samus who has Matter Manip resistance via the similar thing

Being honest, there is other verses that one unique feat scales to everyone and NOBODY even mentions this Outlier thing, it's only on Devil May Cry

Have we ask for an evaluation for Perp's calc ? Everyone seems to agree with Low 4-C and FTL feats and this would scale to:

- Sparda - True Abigail - Mundus - DMC 4, DMC 2 and Sparda DT Dante - Argosax

In Persona 5, the main character is Building Level, and because of one feat of one character that is 3-C, FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR Higher than 8-C, he and almost everyone in the game have a 3-C Key, and for characters that is at least High 6-A, an Low 4-C feat it's "absurd"

So...yeah

The matter manipulation resistance thing was ignored completely which is frustrating but I hope it can be worked out here.

@Dante yeah, not to mention its a feat that comes from a God tier character who has multiple statements of wanting to take over the human universe(DMC 2 guidebook literally states this) and wants to do so by making the demon world and human world "one" again all of which gives a "possibly Low 4-C" God tiers more merit.

matter manipulation no and the calc i don't remember it being evaluated

"Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Frost: "The cold honed claws are none other than an ice blade. The air around the blades is below absolute zero temperature and the victims who are slashed will die without feeling any pain.""

Wait how was this debunked?

Also, Frosts should have intangibility, so anyone who can hit them while they move should be able to hit intangible opponents

Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Frost: "They will freeze the moisture in the atmosphere with their radiating coldness and transform it into many sharp ice spears. You should be able to sense this attack. Otherwise, you'll fall victim to their ice spears."

Devil May Cry, Enemy File — Frost: "They can disperse their body at molecular levels that allow them to travel through air. However, they can only travel in straight directions. Anticipating where they will appear may help you in winning the battle."

@UMR The argument used against absolute zero is that nothing can reach temperatures beyond absolute zero so it wasns't accepted.

"Various franchises have produced characters that are able to produce or resist temperatures "below absolute zero". Due to deriding the point of being the absolute coldest possible temperature in existence, such abilities can only be described as an even greater ability to produce or resist cold, as such things would not make sense according to thermodynamics as we know it.

Examples of Application and Resistance to "Below Absolute Zero" Temperatures

• Particularly powerful characters from Saint Seiya, such as Thanatos, have claimed that the air would have to be cooled to a temperature over a hundred times cooler than absolute zero to affect him after easily tanking the Aurora Execution."
uhhhhhhhhhhh????

No it shouldn't. I don't think you guys even understand what's going on. It was rejected because it didn't fulfill any proof of Absolute Zero. I single statement of Absolute Zero doesn't cut it, specially since temperatures hotter than a volcano can counter it. We didn't accept it for DBS and we don't accept it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back