• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we weren't talking on 3-A and 4-A seems weird but i just wanted to get on how we ignore that. If killing Dante was his objective he can simply make more illusions and warp the dimension to kill dante himself. Dante can only break those if he had yamato which he didn't and the transformation i meant was more on sparda DT dante. Mundus just powered up yes but powering up and then created a dimension that got destroyed upon defeat i don't see why should we ignore that. He would use any means necessary to kill dante and if that was an illusion he would have abused it...

That isn't a FTL feat. It shows 0 indication of speed. And Dante just magically learning to fly at Massively FTL+ speeds would also be an outlier as it's something never shown before or after in a series where all speed feats don't go beyond MHS+ with one Sub-Relativistic generous feat.

It's the AP stuff again but for speed.

I'm not being passive agressive, hostile, any of that here, and two wrongs don't make a right.

I never said the verse isn't known to me, nor am I arguing for something I said I'm neutral on. I haven't read the manga since last year, and most of the people probably don't know there's an anime let alone a manga to accompany the game series.

I wouldn't know what context is being excluded since I still need to see the manga, I'll probably search for it on my own.

It seems here that if there's supporting lore + a feat instead of just dropping a feat in the middle of nowhere, it has merit, which is why the manga is important here.

@Matt

I did

No its not, DMC1 was just about the return of Mundus nothing portal related to the story and DMC 3 was about the demons Sparda sealed being rereleased by Vergil because he wanted his dad's power.

Never said he did, I said that was his mission

Matthew Schroeder said:
So far the arguments for 4-A Mundus have been:
  • 1. Headcanons that require far more assumptions than the alternative
  • 2. Debunked arguments regarding the setting cosmology
  • 3. Inability to recognize the definition of an outlier.
Headcanons coming from the guy who closed a thread because he couldn't provide proper evidence for what constitutes as Planet level and what isn't. Remember that Bayonetta thread?

TISSG7Redgrave said:
we weren't talking on 3-A and 4-A seems weird but i just wanted to get on how we ignore that. If killing Dante was his objective he can simply make more illusions and warp the dimension to kill dante himself. Dante can only break those if he had yamato which he didn't and the transformation i meant was more on sparda DT dante. Mundus just powered up yes but powering up and then created a dimension that got destroyed upon defeat i don't see why should we ignore that. He would use any means necessary to kill dante and if that was an illusion he would have abused it...
>Warp the dimension to kill Dante

Assuming he is a reality warper of that caliber when he just uses physical attacks and energy attacks against Dante.

>Yamato

Not necessarily, we are never told that Sparda DT can't do it.

>Powering up

He didn't power up, he went from a sealed mode to full power. At full power he can scale from the High 6-A stuff, but doesn't excuse scaling him to an outlier feat.

>Destroyed upon the feat

Pure assumption based on vague visions that as I showed can be interpreted as a variety of other things.

You need to stop looking at your assumption as inherently superior and more truthful simply because it is the most often said.

Khristis said:
Headcanons coming from the guy who closed a thread because he couldn't provide proper evidence for what constitutes as Planet level and what isn't. Remember that Bayonetta thread?
More personal insults and derailing based on Bayonetta? Where did you fall off, anyway.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
I agree with TIS and UMR. I think the novel should also be taken into account, as well as the anime and the manga.
Novels are non-canon.

@Sparda

Amp =/= Allowing outliers.

@UMR

You've been both.

The manga has been repeatedly brought up and addressed in the past.

@matt

Mundus is far more powerful than sid with Abigail's powers so him having higher speed is still consistent with the rest of the series plus it is the only speed feat by two god tier characters

never really mentioned the novels haven't read them so i can't say but i heard non-canon so it doesn't help. Anime is confirmed canon while manga was unfinished sadly.

But mat if we assumed its an illusion he can simply trick dante into it and sparda DT wasn't said about that true but we can't assume it breaks illusions because yamato was shown to break illusions apart. The statue ok i'm not sure but again we can't dismiss that he did make it by flapping his wings and dante could match him at full power with DT sparda. That is often an end of the world thing no? There was no stability when mundus lost and everything collapsed is AFAIK nothing implies otherwise

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
I'm just not understanding why it is an outlier if it is exactly like the Goku VS Beerus battle, but here both sides gained transformations.
We explained this extensively. But again:

1. Goku and Beerus' feat is unambiguous. It is repeatedly shown that they would have destroyed the universe and their shockwaves have cosmic consequences such as planets and stars shattering.

2. It is repeatedly stated by characters, narrator, and secondary source that they would universe bust.

3. The Gods of Destruction are repeatedly stated to have Universal scale to their power both by characters and secondary sources.

4. The Super Saiyan God is a legendary / mythical transformation which requires a complex ritual and conditions to be achieved, has a 5 minute transformation sequence, and is repeatedly stated to take a mortal to the level of the gods.

Mundus breaking out of a statue shell IS NOT COMPARABLE TO IT.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Novels are non-canon.

@Sparda

Amp =/= Allowing outliers.

@UMR

You've been both.

The manga has been repeatedly brought up and addressed in the past.
Anyway, DMC novels are non-canon how and when?

Because no confirmation that they are canon. Contradict the main game plot with shit like Mundus being revived which is never brought up again. And none of their plot points are carried forward.

Ergo, non-canon.

Sparda 20000000 said:
@matt
Mundus is far more powerful than sid with Abigail's powers so him having higher speed is still consistent with the rest of the series plus it is the only speed feat by two god tier characters
Higher Speed and power doesn't mean TeraFoe and MFTL+ Mundus is anything but an outlier of gross sort. Your entire argument is built around the fallacy of "He is stronger!"

1 and 2. This doesn't invalidate the creation feat which is indeed a creation feat, and the novel treated it as a creation feat, and is further supported as being a creation feat because of the dimension getting destroyed as Mundus left. Before you say that the novel is non-canon, I'm using it for clarification, just like the Bleach movie was used to clarify that the Human World and Soul Society were planets, despite the movie being non-canon.

3. This was before Goku became 3-A because of the feat, and this still doesn't explain why Goku scales and that it isn't an outlier for him. Goku has only recently been portrayed as being remotely comparable to Beerus.

4. The hype and method of the transformation is irrelevant. Irregardless, ignore the Mundus transformation. What about the transformation done by Dante?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ FAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX also guys quit being "condesending" "derailing" and bringing up points that dont make any sence thats trolling also bayonetta has nothing to do with ANY-LITERAL-THING so stop the Madness XD AHAHHAHA

i think this is technically my fault cause i was just wondering and really failing to see how the dimenson was teleportaion or an illusion so sorry for that...I just gotta get that out of my chest though i won't argue for 3-A or 4-A but just on the feat in general. Again in perp's calc we discussed on low 4-C though this turned into a mess so again sorry..

Grimreaperofjustice said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ FAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX also guys quit being "condesending" "derailing" and bringing up points that dont make any sence thats trolling also bayonetta has nothing to do with ANY-LITERAL-THING so stop the Madness XD AHAHHAHA
Stop with this behavior now. Thank you.

He is High 6-A for being stronger than a High 6-A. That's like saying...

"Beerus is stronger than Buu, so he is only 4-B, and Goku's transformation only made him strong enough to fight Beerus. Their 3-A feat is an outlier."

Being stronger than Abigail did not nail him down to High 6-A, he has a 4-A feat, and Dante has a transformation to explain how he could combat it.

Anyways, this is for UMR:

http://i1.***********.net/devil-may-cry-3/1/devil-may-cry-3-1644919.jpg

http://i10.***********.net/devil-may-cry-3/1/devil-may-cry-3-1644920.jpg

@Dienomite

That was agreed to not be literal in the old thread. And this translation isn't very accurate to the original and even makes shit out Mundus being kicked out of Heaven"

Since this thread has gone out of control and is breaking our discussion rules, it is probably best to close it, and let things calm down.

Here's the deal:

This exact discussion has happened almost dozens of times before.

There has been a gigantic thread before where everyone was plainly against 3-A / 4-A Mundus, and no new argument is being brought up here.

The original intent of the thread was concluded, and it has since simply been derailed to oblivion by people bringing up other threads, personal attacks, condescension, and circular arguing.

And Mundus isn't becoming 4-A much less 3-A. Even the people arguing for him know it won't happen.

It's even agains the discussion rules.

So closing this before it gets even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back