• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small yang fix that upgrades people and aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's the fact that you're trying to make a flat multiplier for her AP without thinking of the repercussions. Your OP is:

Small yang fix that upgrades people and aura​

You're trying to upgrade their Aura which translates to their AP and Dura. If you're presenting the healthbar argument, you have to concede to there being fixed values for everything, which is impossible.
Dude I moved on from that, aura durability stays the same and yangs semblance gets reworded and changed to "higher"

Just to list out all the factors we would have to account for to keep what you're proposing consistent:

Yang's total Aura reserve

Yang's Aura reserve for AP since her Semblance will drain Aura

Yang's Aura reserve for Dura since she will have less Aura in this area due to using it for her Semblance

Her opponent's Aura reserve since whatever is remaining of their total reserve is now split between their AP and Dura

Jaune's total Aura reserve, as she can't exceed his highest showing.

There might be more but I can't list them off the top of my head right now.

But if you still want to debate about aura durability all of what you say was already accounted for from the Mercury fight. Both Yang and Mercury were at 100% aura when the fight started and Mercury specifically left her just enough aura to use her semblance without it depateing her. It wouldn't be above Jaune's dura as he took a hit from the Low 7-C colossus without his aura going down even while amping Nora's aura on top of it, meaning scaling Mercury to V3 amped Yang would be fine.

All of this because Mercury vs Yang being a controlled setting with direct real time aura level tracking thanks to the tournament

mercury already onshots everyone in Volumes 1-4 that isn't Qrow Level and by the time that the main cast catch's up to him in power they have a scaling chain of oneshots above their previous keys and can partially damage a low 7-C mech that's built to kill low 7-C grimm. Also if they are 8-A that explains how their bullets couldn't hurt the Leviathan but did enough to destract it so the most that this would mess with is the Post Haven cast being upgraded to 8-A

partially damage a low 7-C mech that's built to kill low 7-C grimm
If I poke a blue whale with a pin needle does that make me or the pin needle 9-A?

Also if they are 8-A that explains how their bullets couldn't hurt the Leviathan but did enough to destract it
A bunch of ants can annoy the shit out of me and that still wouldn't make them anywhere close to 10-B.

Yeah no, this is mega mondo dumb. You're making Yang a defacto god tier and anyone who scales to her max AP has an Aura that far exceeds Jaune's highest showings.
1. Semblance Amped Yang literally destroyed salem's entire torso and did more damage than Hazel
2. None of the instances brought up in this thread exceed Jaune's best showings and no one scales to her max AP
3. Mercury wasnt even hit with her max AP to begin with

No but if you tackle a blue whale hard enough to knock it over and can cut a several meter long gash in its side with a weapon like ruby did to the colossus....
That still the same as my blue whale argument. I'm not 9-A for cutting the side of a blue whale, nor do I scale to the whale's dura by pushing it since that's not causing it harm.

He did say he's fine with the 2X amp, which is ok, like at this point we've tackled every single point you've made, is there anything else you have to prove whatever it is beyond "it's not an outlier"? If you don't then I'm just gonna have this thread closed since we're just going in circles at this point.

Spinoirr I'd say just take the change for description of the ap and get higher and make a note in her profile if need be for anything else that needs to be clarified about the semblance or her AP.

I'd say that's a more favorable outcome than this getting closed and nothing changing the way it's going already

The 2x amp is fine and we've already gotten that proved at least so there's no point in getting this closed and rejected without at least getting some kind of change

I was informed on a wrong choice of words, in order for something to be an outlier, there needs to be a demonstration of a feat that got a certain level. Multiplier stacking is often inflated not because of "Outlier" but the term for that is hyperbole or calculation fallacy. Anyway, I'm still iffy about stacking the the combined AP of every attack she took on the battlefield and it assuming she can double all of that in all her punches; the 2x multiplier part I don't mind so much and it assuming she gets stronger as she takes damage is reasonable. But I do not need to repeat myself about what damage stacking is.

What you've said at the mid end of the second screenshot is basically my thoughts, just use the multiplier and don't rely on the punches. It gets to outlier territory for this series given a certain bomb is considered a threat to the cast, and applying this multiplier would put them at the same ball park as said bomb.

@Glass Weekly says you're wrong about that, but idk the series, y'all experts can debate that amongst yourselves.

not only is yang's AP with said multiplier less than that of the bomb, but Yang with her semblance activated has a feat of ripping a Low 7-B character in half

Outlier-ness aside (as that would be a dealbreaker I can't speak on myself), to reiterate, I don't care much either way, I can see reasons why it would be accepted and reasons why it would be rejected. I'd lean a bit towards the more pessimistic side (since counting the punches is extrapolated rather than stated), but would be fine with however the site as a whole decides to treat this.

If you want to give Yang Low 7-B at max Semblance via scaling to Salem go ahead. I'm not going to debate the legitimacy of that because I'm tired and don't really care.

I'm just against this super contrived method of giving her Low 7-B.

I mean the bomb did have a higher calc like a high end because it had different ends to it

So maybe the bomb is actually stronger then we thought, but it was enough to kill vine but be contained in his aura shield

Well Weekly can claim I’m wrong for as long he wants to, he’s not debunking crap until he gives me evidence to prove otherwise, which he’s failed to do so.

@Spinoirr your upgrades for the verse are shaky at best and you either don’t give the full context for the feats or when you do, you give contracting evidence. Me and ovens are merely pointing out said contradictions.

I mean the bomb did have a higher calc like a high end because it had different ends to it

I don't think calc ends should be chosen post-hoc by verse experts simply because of what works best with their later scaling. They should be chosen by calc group members because of what's most reasonable, and if the low-end they chose makes some proposed scaling an outlier, then so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back