• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small yang fix that upgrades people and aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's always been a strength amp, not a speed one

But how exactly do we reworded it, just say "higher" (Yang has the ability to absorb energy from the damage she has taken, and redirect it twice as hard at her opponent, effectively making her stronger with each hit she takes. She can save up the energy to use later for an even more devastating attack)?

Oh wait I remember the whole point of them being concerned about the bomb was because mantle was still full of civilians. The main cast already has multiple feats that proves that they would have been fine from the low end of the bomb (cough cough the maiden flights cough), and if we use anything other than the low end then it surpasses Yang's semblance thus making it not an outlier. Hell ironwood mistook oscar's high 7-C+ nuke for his bomb going off so it's pretty damn safe to say that the low end isn't the true yield of it
Unless you bring up something else

You’re once again ignoring the fact that hunters and huntresses are in Mantle, meaning they would also be in danger. Again this doesn’t work at all here.

Oscar’s anti Grimm bomb that didn’t do any damage to the surrounding environment and only targeted the Grimm isn’t helping at all here.

we reworded it, just say "higher with Burn" (Yang has the ability to absorb energy from the damage she has taken, and redirect it twice as hard at her opponent, effectively making her stronger with each hit she takes. She can save up the energy to use later for an even more devastating attack)?
Alright I guess this is fine then?

You’re once again ignoring the fact that hunters and huntresses are in Mantle, meaning they would also be in danger. Again this doesn’t work at all here.

Oscar’s anti Grimm bomb that didn’t do any damage to the surrounding environment and only targeted the Grimm isn’t helping at all here.
I mean it did make a shockwave that blasted back winter and the ace ops

He literally said that it was a blast of kinetic energy, where did it ever state that it was an anti-grimm nuke, it just blasted the Grimm away in a shockwave?

It literally scorched the earth around the fireball and turned the area into a crater. Also elm couldn't hear what pepole were saying for a while, a clear sign it's a real explosion

Last edited:
And yet it reached out to the entire city too, but no damage was caused to any of the buildings so I’m questioning the validity of it being just a bomb if none of the buildings took any damage.

if DT doesn’t respond by tomorrow I’ll just close the thread. Everything in this thread has been covered and there’s no need for it to drag on any longer than it seems

And yet it reached out to the entire city too, but no damage was caused to any of the buildings so I’m questioning the validity of it being just a bomb if none of the buildings took any damage.

if DT doesn’t respond by tomorrow I’ll just close the thread. Everything in this thread has been covered and there’s no need for it to drag on any longer than it seems

Starting at 10:00, Not an anti grimm attack, Just a massive blast of pure kinetic energy

Also I think it's best to give DT enough time to reply and not give him a time limit

You do realize if Ozpin spending lifetime after lifetime to do this feat, and he’s far superior to team RWBY, that shoots your scaling argument in the foot.

A day is more than enough time, if he doesn’t respond then he’s not interested in the thread, simple as that.

Actually, now that I think about this again, I think I might get what DDM meant in regard to damage stacking.

The Yang thing isn't quite a normal multiplier, in that it depends on the strength of the attacks she tanks. That would be somewhat fine if said attacks either had a reliably stated fixed specific strength or were calculated to have a certain power at that very time they are used. But we are scaling this from another calculated value, right?
We are then in a situation similar to one where a character that manages to run 2x as far as some other character in the same time, would be scaled to 2x that characters speed. And that situation is calc stacking.
Similarly, in assuming that 22 punches have the AP of the character delivering them, this would buy into essentially the same mistake of assuming absolutely consistent attack power.

The multiplier page states
Multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else.
so arguably reasoning a multiplier by counting attacks is excluded by that rule anyways.

So the x2 multiplier is ok, since it is stated, but the energy accumulation multiplier is likely not so much.

Yeah the entire upgrade from this CRT was trying to scale the character far higher than a calc because of a lot of assumptions on her ability. Which doesn’t help out a lot.

either way, that should be everything. I’ll be closing this thread since it’s done.

Yeah the entire upgrade from this CRT was trying to scale the character far higher than a calc because of a lot of assumptions on her ability. Which doesn’t help out a lot.

either way, that should be everything. I’ll be closing this thread since it’s done.
What I said above should probably go though though

"How about we reworded it, just say "higher" (Yang has the ability to absorb energy from the damage she has taken, and redirect it twice as hard at her opponent, effectively making her stronger with each hit she takes. She can save up the energy to use later for an even more devastating attack)"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back