• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small yang fix that upgrades people and aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the example again
Both you and yang are equal in power
You hit yang once, she hits you with twice the power
But if you hit her day 30 times with her aura still up then she can punch you with those stockpile of 30 hits with twice the power

It's easy to understand

And the guide said she sends the damage back as double the intensity, so where’s the 2X amp with each hit?
From her dad who trained her and knows how hard her semblance hits. The fact ruby says she gets stronger and why in the would would she just absorb 1 attack and throw it back exactly as hard? That's literally not how her semblance works

No no no you aren't understanding what I'm saying

because it doesn't even have to be a 2x amp with each hit
its 2x the energy shes hit with total
if she's hit with one punch she hits back with twice the energy of that punch
if shes hit with 10 punchs, she hits back with twice the energy of the accumulated energy of those 10 punchs

@Dalesean027 you agree with that basied on the scans and fights in the show and the fact aura let's characters live attacks far stronger then then?
Yeah these scans are still supporting what you're saying and even just moving away from them that's how her ability has always been understood to work and described it's been stated many times that yang takes blows and is able to dish them out with twice the power it's always been an accumulation sorta thing

I understand what glass is saying but he's fundamentally misunderstanding Yangs semblance it's always been 2x back of whatever damage she's accumulated never 2x per hit type thing that's why it dissipates after she does crushing blows while burning

Last edited:
fair enough, if you weren’t arguing 2X amp each hit in the first place I’ll concede on that point.

Using 176 tons as yang's base strength (Scaling to mercury who was basically fine after semblance amped beacon arc yang beat him down in their fight) each of Adams moonslices are 352, 1936, 176, 1232 tons

From the moonslice absorption alone shes hitting with 704 + 352 + 3872 + 2464 = 7392 tons

Because she took 13 normal attacks
13 x 176 = 2288 x 2 = 4576 tons
4576 + 7392 = 11968 tons

Can you explain where the hell you got any of these numbers at all? Because no one in RWBY is physically 8-A

"(Scaling to mercury who was basically fine after semblance amped beacon arc yang beat him down in their fight)"

He multiple hits from her before his aura broke aka he didn't get one shot by a semblance boosted beacon yang who took at least 22 hits and then multipled them

Trust me I counted each attack Merc did to yang in that fight except for the air attacks he used

Tldr: 22 hits x 4 tons = 88 x 2 = 176 tons, 8-A
That's a low ball because I'm not useing all those air blasts he sent down on yang

Last edited:
yeah his aura broke because Yang was amped out the ass by his attacks and he still took like a dozen amped punches from her, which is more than anyone else in the entire series to date has ever taken from a Burn ampd Yang, without being killed or KOed, and the scene immediatly following the fight showed him laughing about the fight as the entire point of him fighting Yang was to throw the match on purpose so he could trick her into attacking him when his aura was down to drag the crowd at the vytal festival and draw grimm to Vale

the argument 'x broke their aura' doesnt really work, what matters is the condition of the person using the aura as they still feel the hits through their aura. Merc was just fine whereas basically everyone else who Yang went to town on with Burn ended up KOed

Last edited:
Useing 6.935 Tons as yangs base strength for post haven
13.87, 76.285, 6.935, 48.545
From the moonslice absorption alone shes hitting with 13.87 + 76.285 + 6.935 + 48.545 = 145.635 tons
She took 13 normal attacks
So 13 x 6.935 = 90.155 x 2 = 180.31 tons
180.31 + 145.635 = 325.945 tons x 2 = 651.89 tons
8-A max aura durability and max burn for post haven

Last edited:
How much attacks Adam absorbed and sent back
1 shot and 1 punch and then clones (uses up stored energy) 2 hits
1 punch, 1 punch, 1 punch, 4 punches, 1 more punch, 3 shots and then more clones to destract and energy blast yang takes, 11 hits absorbed
1 punch and then moonslice blast that damaged her robot arm, 1 hit absorbed
4 hits and then clash with Blake launching her back into the cliff, 1 hitting the ground, 1 spin and the semblance, 7 hits absorbed

Adams base power x how much hits Adam absorbed from her (because he doesn't send it back twice as hard, he just stores all the hits and sends it back how much times his sword was hit)

I'm not sure if this could be considered damage stacking. I from what I'm understanding on what the OP is proposing is that for all the hits put together and the lower Yang's Endurance is, her AP increases based on the combined hits she took all multiplied by 2x? So how it works is if a 2 ton of TNT AP attack hit her 100x, with her still standing and able to fight, her AP would be 400 tons of TNT?

I support and upgrade of some form, but unsure if they might lead to damage stacking territory.

No I'm just trying to find a limit to her aura and semblance, the Adam multiplier is her limit as that's when her aura broke after she used her semblance also yang one shot Adams aura with her max charged semblance so that helps find how much damage aura post haven can take before getting one shot because it vaires depending on how strong someone it, this basically helps find out auras durability limit and yangs max charged semblances power

Last edited:
Yeah, punch with 2x more kinetic energy actually does a lot more than 2x damage and DontTalkDT has often voiced that not being a valid calculation method.

There is the fact that if we’re seriously taking this at face value we’re once again scaling people from RWBY to being very close to a bomb that threatened to kill everyone. So I’m still not convinced here.

Btw Thing is canon in-verse multipliers being used with calcs are 100% allowed by the wiki's rules

Dragon ball does this with it's multipliers

There is the fact that if we’re seriously taking this at face value we’re once again scaling people from RWBY to being very close to a bomb that threatened to kill everyone. So I’m still not convinced here.
That's their max Heath aura, aka how much damage it would take to one shot it at full Heath so it still makes sense and the civilians don't have aura

The 2x part is easily okay, the problem is just damage stacking doesn't really work that way. For example, using the whole "Inflicting 2x more HP points of damage" doesn't equate to being exactly 2x joules of energy. Damage isn't linear and it would be more accurate to say that an attack 2x more powerful actually depletes a lot more than 2x HP.

But her semblance can look like this just in case the whole multipliers hit stacking doesn't work
"higher with Burn (yang absorbs each hit and can store each hit and send back all the stored attacks back twice as hard)"

The 2x part is easily okay, the problem is just damage stacking doesn't really work that way. For example, using the whole "Inflicting 2x more HP points of damage" doesn't equate to being exactly 2x joules of energy. Damage isn't linear and it would be more accurate to say that an attack 2x more powerful actually depletes a lot more than 2x HP.
Also what do you mean by that?

Also btw It's not really 'inflicting 2x more HP of damage', she straight up absorbs the total energy of the attacks shes hit with and stores it and then hits back with 2x the power. HP doesnt really have anything to do with it as my crt isn't measuring the amount of damage is done to her aura per hit, just the number of hits she can take in total

That's their max Heath aura, aka how much damage it would take to one shot it at full Heath so it still makes sense and the civilians don't have aura
No it wouldn’t, if it did then they wouldn’t be scared of a city level bomb that would’ve killed everyone even with their auras on. It adds more questions than answers. Also Dragon Ball isn’t comparable here when they’ve had numerous higher end feats that makes the multipliers for strength not an outlier to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back