• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY - Semblance upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because something is inconsistent doesn’t mean it’s not canon. It’s why we take the highest feats from each character. Other than that, I am okay with just like settling with a double multiplier, since that is pretty clear.
“We take the highest feats from each character”

I beg your pardon? It might be time to get Damage in here to explain exactly how the wiki feels about heavy inconsistencies and just going with the best showings because “yes.”
Is the OP actually submitting 300x or 2x? I am a bit confused.
It has been downgraded from 300x because it was self contradicted by the OP. It has been lowered to 140x.

It is now being assumed that Adam’s aura (due to withstanding Yang throwing all that energy into his face) can withstnsd attacks equal to 140 hits.

This is contradicted as higher aura = stronger forceifeld. If his aura/forcefield durability was 140x, then Yang shouldn’t even be able to hurt him through it during the fight they have, despite clearly doing so many, MANY times.

Essentially: Adam aura durability = 140x his AP, which makes no sense because he should therefore not be hurt by Yang’s attacks.

As for Yang, the argument currently is that, for one instance, Adam used his OWN ability to throw back 13 attacks at 2x power. This would make her Aura durability = 26x her AP.

But this is contradicted as immediately after that, when he performs such a multiplication attack again, it’s only 3 hits, for a 6x amp.

This 6x amp cuts right through her Aura’s durability and creates a large gash on her robotic arm.

So how can she endure a 26x attack… but then her Aura is weaker than a 6x attack?

“We take the highest feats from each character”

I beg your pardon? It might be time to get Damage in here to explain exactly how the wiki feels about heavy inconsistencies and just going with the best showings because “yes.”

It has been downgraded from 300x because it was self contradicted by the OP. It has been lowered to 140x.

It is now being assumed that Adam’s aura (due to withstanding Yang throwing all that energy into his face) can withstnsd attacks equal to 140 hits.

This is contradicted as higher aura = stronger forceifeld. If his aura/forcefield durability was 140x, then Yang shouldn’t even be able to hurt him through it during the fight they have, despite clearly doing so many, MANY times.

Essentially: Adam aura durability = 140x his AP, which makes no sense because he should therefore not be hurt by Yang’s attacks.

As for Yang, the argument currently is that, for one instance, Adam used his OWN ability to throw back 13 attacks at 2x power. This would make her Aura durability = 26x her AP.

But this is contradicted as immediately after that, when he performs such a multiplication attack again, it’s only 3 hits, for a 6x amp.

This 6x amp cuts right through her Aura’s durability and creates a large gash on her robotic arm.

So how can she endure a 26x attack… but then her Aura is weaker than a 6x attack?
spoiler alert, because the amp is 2x and assuming its doubled with every hit makes no sense considering the Adam vs Yang fight

The only confirmed multiplier we know of, for Aura durability, is that Aura can take hits 4x your AP and get chunked down but not break. This comes from a character who multiplies himself to create a 4x attack (Flynt Coal).

The mechanics of Yang’s “Burn” semblance is that, essentially, she absorbs a hit and “throws it back at double the strength.”

But funny enough: she can actually choose to NOT throw it back with double the strength.

As shown in the fight with Mercury, Yang can unleash several hits while having stored up energy.

This is also shown in Volume 9 when she fights the Curious Cat. She hits the Cat 3 times with her semblance activated, meaning she can’t have thrown all that energy back out at double the strength.

The true function of her ability is, assuredly, that she stores the hits, but she can clearly choose to not use it all.

This makes putting a hard multiplier on anything she does difficult unless it’s a single big punch (which she does to Adam and which creates its own mess of problems).

Adam’s semblance is “similar” to Yang’s, just used through his sword blocking hits and shooting them back out rather than his body, but it is never said he can throw attacks at double strength. In fact, Blake’s explanation implies he just throws out the same damage the sword takes.

May I understand what do you mean by “confirmed”, are 300x and 2x not confirmed canon multipliers?

tldr Yang and Adam's semblances varies between two times and 140 times
This is such a deranged conclusion to take from an explicit statement it's twice as strong, especially off whatever logic this is involving comparing Adam and Yang's semblance when the latter explicitly calls the former's cheating due to the advantages it inherently possesses

May I understand what do you mean by “confirmed”, is 300x and 2x not confirmed canon multipliers?
2x is the canon multiplier

Tai Yang explains Yang's semblance as "Once you take damage you can dish it out twice as hard" which Yang as King said can clearly choose not to even when her semblance is active

Don’t close the thread yet because we should probably nip the whole “storing multiple hits then dishing out the kinetic energy of ALL those hits at twice the strength” in the bud because that has PLAGUED Yang vsthreads and definitely needs to be revised.

Also there are instances where Yang can activate her semblance without having taken ANY damage, such as when she’s angry. Her Semblance is indicated by her red eyes, and she can turn them or the flame hair on whenever she chooses to and gets a boost in strength regardless.

Funny enough, I think RWBY might get upgrades either way from bomb scaling. It’s just that this multiplication thing is a little off.

One such recent incident I can think of:

In Volume 9 episode 5, Yang punches a Jabberwalker several times while it’s restrained, then it gets launched by her team before getting tossed back down. She then punches it with her Semblance and it dies.

So she doesn’t even need to be hit in order to activate a power boost from her semblance.

Funny enough, I think RWBY might get upgrades either way from bomb scaling. It’s just that this multiplication thing is a little off.
Bro WHAT bomb scaling? Cause no one is scaling to that Atlas bomb if that’s what you’re talking about, that thing literally killed the person that contained it, after he used his semblance at a level he never displayed before with the express purpose TO tank the bomb, knowing he’d die to it.

Bro WHAT bomb scaling? Cause no one is scaling to that Atlas bomb if that’s what you’re talking about, that thing literally killed the person that contained it, after he used his semblance at a level he never displayed before with the express purpose TO tank the bomb, knowing he’d die to it.
His aura still contained the bomb. His semblance is literally mentioned to be an extension of his aura. He would have to output a power equal to the bomb in order to fully contain it with his construct. If he had put all of his aura into himself instead of the construct, he would have lived. He died because he drained his own personal force field to do so, leaving him vulnerable. Also, he could output that level of power at any time without killing himself. He could theoretically bubble something with that amount of power and still live.

Vine gets completely one shotted by the bomb lmao please dont make an argument like that again
Because his personal forcefield was down due to him transferring his aura to the arms. If he kept it on himself, he would have lived, as shown when he does contain the bomb.

His aura still contained the bomb. His semblance is literally mentioned to be an extension of his aura. He would have to output a power equal to the bomb in order to fully contain it with his construct. If he had put all of his aura into himself instead of the construct, he would have lived. He died because he drained his own personal force field to do so, leaving him vulnerable. Also, he could output that level of power at any time without killing himself. He could theoretically bubble something with that amount of power and still live.
Getting one shot means you DONT scale usually

Now this is something I agree with, because what is bro even talking about
It’s a very simple feat once you go into the mechanics of it. The simple explanations is that Vine can create a construct that can contain a bomb. He can do that at any time without dying.

Getting one shot means you DONT scale usually
What did I just say about his personal aura shields? They were lowered due to him using his semblance. It is something very consistent through the series. The more of your semblance you use, the more your own personal aura field is lowered. And, again, Vine’s semblance is literally an extension of his aura.

What did I just say about his personal aura shields? They were lowered due to him using his semblance. It is something very consistent through the series. The more of your semblance you use, the more your own personal aura field is lowered. And, again, Vine’s semblance is literally an extension of his aura.
You’d have to prove that even if Vine applied the semblance to himself/aura he still wouldn’t get one shot.

Characters are threatened by the bomb, yes. But the crux of the threat is it basically nuking an entire civilian population. While Harriet says that she killed them all, I think that is a fairly normal reaction to a giant nuke being blown up in your face.

You’d have to prove that even if Vine applied the semblance to himself/aura he still wouldn’t get one shot.
The proof is in the mechanics of the series. Never once is it indicated that Vine’s semblance is tougher than his regular aura. There are no statements to back it up. In fact, Vine recommends Jaune to do the same thing in the V5 sequence, showing that it is a somewhat learned technique.

Anyways Tai Yang says "Once you take damage, you dish it out twice as hard" instead of "Everytime you store hits, you dish it out twice as hard" so this CRT is pretty moot, the show doesnt make an explicit statement of her being able to double the damage of each hit she takes, so it should just be a 2x amp

Again, his semblance is an extension of his aura. Aura provides shields and boosts attacks. It is firmly in the lore of the series. If he had put his all of his aura into himself, he would have tanked it.

Anyways Tai Yang says "Once you take damage, you dish it out twice as hard" instead of "Everytime you store hits, you dish it out twice as hard" so this CRT is pretty moot
Even tho I disagree, it's kinda a moot point to continue this

Although we need to do something about "the Hazel problem" also stop Cire from talking about that bomb scaling anymore

The same Hazel who was getting damaged by 7-C Oscar? The same Hazel who should have just been tanking attacks from the 7-C characters?

The same Hazel that full force punched Oscar with dust infusions and didn’t even make his aura shimmer? The same Oscar who got hit with Lionhart’s duel disk think and took so much damage he had to hold his arm in pain despite his Aura not breaking? But was enduring punch after punch from Hazel with far less pain or effect?

The same Hazel who LOST to the 7-C characters off screen? The same Hazel who failed to do any meaningful damage with a physical strike to anyone in that fight except Qrow?

If anything, either everybody should be Low7-B downscaling from Hazel or Hazel needs a 7-C key cause no that DOESN’T make any sense. Volume 5 is the most inconsistent piece of fighting in the entire series including Adam tanking a 140x attack, so yeah, I’m not taking that seriously.

Hazel is literally hitting everyone in that fight and they just kinda take the hits like they would anyone else that’s there. Only times he hits someone with significant effect is when he uses fire+lightning dust to one shot Weiss’s Jaune-amped Queen Lancer (which Lionhart could push back/hurt and block attacks from btw), lightning punch on Qrow and a lightning blast on Ren, both of which are LIGHTNING so durability doesn’t even matter since no one but Nora resists it.
This is the Hazel problem

Bro harmed Qrow, who is low 7-B, yet he lost to 7-C characters off screen

I know that Vine died, for Pete’s sake. I wouldn’t be making this argument if I didn’t think it had some standing.

easy fix, him harming qrow is an outlier
So Hazel and Leo become 7-C then and Hazel just only become low 7-B via dust injections at max power (aka all the dust being slammed into his body) from his fight against salem (someone who has base durability of low 7-B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back