• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, could be another showing of them being half Maiden level honesty given the BFG was made as a Maiden killer for an Android Maiden
As Glassman pointed out, I think it being a Maiden killer is to be considered untrue given Winter's casual blocking and deflection of it at the end of V8 when she's the Winter Maiden.

Personally if it's absolutely needed, I'd just determine how strong a half Maiden is if Qrow forced Cinder to flee.

As Glassman pointed out, I think it being a Maiden killer is to be considered untrue given Winter's casual blocking and deflection of it at the end of V8 when she's the Winter Maiden.

Personally if it's absolutely needed, I'd just determine how strong a half Maiden is if Qrow forced Cinder to flee.
Ya'all giving Qrow way too much credit. Cinder literally got the power in that very moment so it's very likely she wasn't confident in a fight because she is literally a newbie with said power.

It's like getting a gun for the first time, you ain't confident with it until you had time to practice and learn how to do stuff

Unless Winter is an exceptionally strong Maiden, then I think the only way this can be a Maiden Killer is if it were able to kill maidens that don't block or deflect it.

In terms of scaling, there seem to be more anti feats than feats for scaling them to the maidens for now.

Ya'all giving Qrow way too much credit. Cinder literally got the power in that very moment so it's very likely she wasn't confident in a fight because she is literally a newbie with said power.

It's like getting a gun for the first time, you ain't confident with it until you had time to practice and learn how to do stuff
In all fairness to myself here, I'm not explicitly trying to say that I support the argument based off the reason you just listed (and to be honest, even if it were true there's no quantifiable values for half Maidens when Cinder didn't have any big fights through V1-3 except for the fight with Glynda). I'm just saying that, if people do want to use it, then they should come up with the values.

In all fairness to myself here, I'm not explicitly trying to say that I support the argument based off the reason you just listed (and to be honest, even if it were true there's no quantifiable values for half Maidens when Cinder didn't have any big fights through V1-3 except for the fight with Glynda). I'm just saying that, if people do want to use it, then they should come up with the values.
Fair enough.

Where's Glass tho?

Nah its more like getting a new power up but can't Cinder just overpower qrow if half Maiden powers are enough?

Why run away if you can get rid of a thorn in your plans

@Mr.Cinos15 I wouldn't take the maiden killer statement seriously to begin with when we're shown the exact opposite effect of its purpose.

So generally everyone's fine with 8-A Atlas keys?
What was the argument against the colossus in volume 6 since that'd still be low 7-C via its own calc?

Because if there's nothing against that it'd be low 7-C but otherwise I suppose 8-A is fine

I'm fine with 8-A keys for Atlas Arc characters, but for their V4-6 keys are we just upscaling from their High 8-C scaling in V1-3 or are they being put at 8-B due to scaling to Oscar?

What was the argument against the colossus in volume 6 since that'd still be low 7-C via its own calc?

Because if there's nothing against that it'd be low 7-C but otherwise I suppose 8-A is fine
Checking back on the fight, the Colossus was overpowering the cast 1v9 and could one shot their Auras. They had to attack it internally to win.

Last edited:
@Dalesean027 basically what Maverick said, everyone in the group was getting slapped around with their auras shattering and barely being able to stand and they had to destroy the generator that was fueling the colossus on top of Ruby getting inside of the cannon on top of Ruby shooting a weakspot in order to do any noteworthy damage. Add the fact that her being as far away from the explosion as possible still destroyed her aura makes it hard for anyone in Volume 6 to scale to the colossus completely.

I mean, the particle beam stuff looks straightforward unless you can refute them being actual light speed lasers.

I know Spinoirr already showed stuff from the official Steam page, but there is a explict statement from the trailers of the game which states its canon. I'll even share the trailer with the timeframe for where its said and a screenshot for convenience's sake.

izmqfc0op8a91.jpg

Also on the topic of the downgrade: I agree with it FRA, I've always felt scaling the regular cast to Maidens was always absurd given that Cinder stomped the shit out of them during the finale of V8.

Woah woah woah. The RWBY cast can absolutely scale to the maidens. Weiss in particular was able to block and survive multiple hits from a bloodlusted Cinder. She even survived a blast that was underneath her with no aura and survived. The director’s commentary even states that Weiss was able to hold her own for a bit. Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury were able to straight up beat Amber as well. The Ace-Ops were able to contend and restrain a Maiden Penny. Winter cut off Cinder’s arm and managed to hold her off without any aura.

There is absolutely room to at least downscale the cast due to them contending with Maidens.

If anything, y’all should be downplaying Oscar’s shield feat, as the shield he makes comes from the Long Memory itself and is thus amped. Also with Salem making the Grimm geyser, since we never see her actually make it.

Checking back on the fight, the Colossus was overpowering the cast 1v9 and could one shot their Auras. They had to attack it internally to win.
Yes but Ruby herself could damage the thing outright. Along with Weiss causing it to stumble and Jaune suriving direct hits from it.

I legit see no reason why the cast wouldn’t scale to the mech they damaged multiple times.

Really don’t like this kind of rhetoric because it comes off as very biased, especially when downplaying a series.
This is very clearly a joke. This verse could never be tier 10 or superhuman anyways, even from episode 1 onwards

This is how I know you've never been to the hood, mfs getting a gun is as big a confidence boost as it gets
Yes but Ruby herself could damage the thing outright. Along with Weiss causing it to stumble and Jaune suriving direct hits from it.
Try not to quadruple post.

How bad was the damage? For the most part we don't take into account stuff like this, like damage do be damage, but when dealing with a huge giant **** off mecha, surface area might play a bit of a role, if the damage is tantamount to a pinprick while attacking normally, I'm not sure that's good grounds to scale to what is 7-C based on its whole size.

@Cire None of what you've said remotely addressed the points we've made.
You mean about how Qrow ran away from Half Maiden Cinder? The easy explanation is that he wanted to protect Amber, who still had the other half. So the safe bet was just to run away. And, as we see in the very first episode, Glynda is capable of going toe to toe with her. Heck, even Ruby at the dance is able to contend with half maiden Cinder. Pyrrha herself was able to force Cinder to, according to the guidebook, use the “nuclear option” and summon the Grimm Wyvern.

@Chariot190 Ruby had to enter the cannon of the colossus and blast a weakspot to overload the cannon and break itself apart while also trying to escape the explosion. Ruby damaging it is taking things out of context since she was hitting a weakspot in the first place.

@Cire Actually read the OP before you're trying to refute my points, because none of these addresses anything that I said about the maiden scaling.

@Chariot190 Ruby had to enter the cannon of the colossus and blast a weakspot to overload the cannon and break itself apart while also trying to escape the explosion. Ruby damaging it is taking things out of context since she was hitting a weakspot in the first place.

@Cire Actually read the OP before you're trying to refute my points, because none of these addresses anything that I said about the maiden scaling.
I already addressed the maiden Cinder points and how the cast was able to keep up with her. Cinder was not effortlessly slapping them around. Even when she was going for the killing blow with Weiss at the end with the underground explosion, as we see in V9, Weiss is just fine. And that was without her aura.

As for the Vine bomb, since he used his own aura to contain it, along it being fueled directly with his aura, he’d scale and the others would too. He died, yes, but as we know, using semblances drains your main aura. So his personal shields were down. That’s not even counting the fact that he can create that bubble, which scales to the bomb, at any time and still live.

As for the Vine bomb, since he used his own aura to contain it, along it being fueled directly with his aura, he’d scale and the others would too. He died, yes, but as we know, using semblances drains your main aura. So his personal shields were down. That’s not even counting the fact that he can create that bubble, which scales to the bomb, at any time and still live.
I feel like the bomb meant to blow up an entire megacity that was consistently reinforced by characters who are knowledgeable on it to wipe out LITERALLY EVERYONE with basically 0 survivors, and the person who took the blast solo blew up and died shouldn't be scaled to anyone, but that's just me y'know.

The Vine bomb scaling was already overwhelmingly rejected on another thread:

We’re not scaling a guy to something that vaporized him. Period.

The Vine bomb scaling was already overwhelmingly rejected on another thread:

We’re not scaling a guy to something that vaporized him. Period.
You are literally ignoring my points and not even trying to refute them.

It’s scaling his aura to it, which did contain it. His semblance is literally called “Aura Arms.” And Aura is what buffs up RWBY characters and makes them super human in universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back