• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY - Semblance upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
His aura still contained the bomb. His semblance is literally mentioned to be an extension of his aura. He would have to output a power equal to the bomb in order to fully contain it with his construct. If he had put all of his aura into himself instead of the construct, he would have lived. He died because he drained his own personal force field to do so, leaving him vulnerable. Also, he could output that level of power at any time without killing himself. He could theoretically bubble something with that amount of power and still live.
What did I just say about his personal aura shields? They were lowered due to him using his semblance. It is something very consistent through the series. The more of your semblance you use, the more your own personal aura field is lowered. And, again, Vine’s semblance is literally an extension of his aura.
…Semblances have different properties than your base Aura. Hell semblances can AFFECT your aura. Jaune can literally use his semblance to refresh his own Aura. What are you talking about?

Semblances consume Aura to use but that process does not have to be 1:1. The max durability of your semblance and the amount of aura you HAVE are different. Your Aura can be cut through despite you still having Aura left.

So let’s apply that logic to attacks.

If you have a limit to the amount you can put into defense. Then you logically have a limit to the amount of energy you can put into your offense.

Physical amplification with Aura has never been explored in the manner you’re suggesting, so to make the wild assumption that feats performed via Semblances, which can operate outside of the normal limitations of the Aura’s damage threshold, can be performed while the base body, is insane.

“There’s no time to make it out of the blast range. I’ve killed us all.”

Harriet literally says this when the timer pops up. She does not believe she can survive this blast. She does not believe ANYONE can survive this blast.

Why. The. Hell. Would. She. Survive. It.

His semblance, Aura Vines, is unique to HIM in its properties. Projecting aura is something anyone can do but the way HE does it is unique. That’s why it’s his semblance. No one else should scale to HIS feat of containing the blast.

X: This attack is going to kill me and all of my friends.

Y: Contains attack using all his energy to activate his special stretchy energy bubble and dies.

Cire: X and Y can punch as hard as and survive the attack.

…Semblances have different properties than your base Aura. Hell semblances can AFFECT your aura. Jaune can literally use his semblance to refresh his own Aura. What are you talking about?

Semblances consume Aura to use but that process does not have to be 1:1. The max durability of your semblance and the amount of aura you HAVE are different. Your Aura can be cut through despite you still having Aura left.

So let’s apply that logic to attacks.

If you have a limit to the amount you can put into defense. Then you logically have a limit to the amount of energy you can put into your offense.

Physical amplification with Aura has never been explored in the manner you’re suggesting, so to make the wild assumption that feats performed via Semblances, which can operate outside of the normal limitations of the Aura’s damage threshold, can be performed while the base body, is insane.

“There’s no time to make it out of the blast range. I’ve killed us all.”

Harriet literally says this when the timer pops up. She does not believe she can survive this blast. She does not believe ANYONE can survive this blast.

Why. The. Hell. Would. She. Survive. It.

His semblance, Aura Vines, is unique to HIM in its properties. Projecting aura is something anyone can do but the way HE does it is unique. That’s why it’s his semblance. No one else should scale to HIS feat of containing the blast.
Bruh the bomb was just made that day. No one wants to be near a bomb exploding. Vine tanking the bomb shows they would have survived. And no, it’s not unique to him. It’s an extension of his aura which everyone has. Also, no that literally makes no sense that semblances and aura shields have different durabilities if they come from and are made of the same sources. Vine’s arms are made from his regular aura.

X: This attack is going to kill me and all of my friends.

Y: Contains attack using all his energy to activate his special stretchy energy bubble and dies.

Cire: X and Y can punch as hard as and survive the attack.
You are ignoring the point that he can make that stretchy bubble at any time and still live.

Also, show me a statement that semblances have different properties than what they are literally made of. Because in the World of Rennant, they describe semblances as a project of aura into a more tangible form.

i think we still need another staff disagree to be able to close this, plus we need to make perfectly clear that this entire CRT is a semantic argument that doesnt work based on how the fights go in the show, so that we dont have a CRT like this again

The Mercury skill thing looks fine to me…I guess? I’m mostly with Glass on this though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back