• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small yang fix that upgrades people and aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
yang with her max semblance ripped salem in half and it just so happens that yang's semblance when multiplies are taken into account get low 7-B results. Her AP with semblance at max power after post haven only scales to her

Yeah no it’s been there for some time, like I said the speed amp with her being “faster” should be gone because that’s not how her semblance works, it’s a strength amp, not a speed amp.

"Yang's Semblance is the ability to absorb kinetic energy from the damage she's taken and redirects it twice as hard at her opponent"

It should be more like
"Yang's Semblance is the ability to absorb kinetic energy from the damage she's taken and chose to store it and redirect it twice as hard at her opponent"

The whole reason I made this thread in the frist place was to fix a misconception about her semblance

The fact she can absorb damage, chose to store it and then hit back with all of that damage twice as hard because her semblance has always had the ability to store damage

@Agnaa Scaling Yang to Salem isn’t really legit when she’s a top tier of the series and bodies everyone in the group easily, on top of the fact there’s an argument to be made with her being a glass cannon but that’s for another time.

@Spinoirr a decent stuff, I’ll explain it when I get around to making if.

Well, I do still agree that the method still sounds like damage stacking, but I can ping @DontTalkDT

I do not think he's familiar with the verse, but regarding a character who uses this scan. There is a character who can absorb kinetic energy from each and every hit she takes and use it to amplify her own strikes and double the potency of what was absorbed. I mentioned the logically mostly only works if they channel all of it into a single attack at best. And that it's not assumed that energy stacks after multiple consecutive hits in most cases as that's damage stacking. But DT appears to be quite knowledgeable on policies such as that, so I will ping him.

Edit: There is also a note that post-timeskip, she has a Cybernetic arm where that's the only way she can go all out with her stored in power. And said arm is much more durable than the rest of her body. Which there could be some hope for consistency, but not 100% certain.

Last edited:
Well, I do still agree that the method still sounds like damage stacking, but I can ping @DontTalkDT

I do not think he's familiar with the verse, but regarding a character who uses this scan. There is a character who can absorb kinetic energy from each and every hit she takes and use it to amplify her own strikes and double the potency of what was absorbed. I mentioned the logically mostly only works if they channel all of it into a single attack at best. And that it's not assumed that energy stacks after multiple consecutive hits in most cases as that's damage stacking. But DT appears to be quite knowledgeable on policies such as that, so I will ping him.

Edit: There is also a note that post-timeskip, she has a Cybernetic arm where that's the only way she can go all out with her stored in power. And said arm is much more durable than the rest of her body. Which there could be some hope for consistency, but not 100% certain.
Wait, so what is the question exactly? Whether it should be assumed that Yang can release all energy she was priorly hit be in a single blow?

@DontTalkDT the premise of this CRT is that a character who takes damage and sends said damage back as their superpower is being used as a multiplier for them to jump tiers because their power is fueled by their Aura, a barrier, which basically is just making characters jump a massive tier to the point it reaches outlier territory in the series. Said outlier being that a bomb that would be rated weaker than the multiplier would’ve killed everyone had it gone off despite the fact they all have aura.

The rwby wiki says this about yangs semblance
"Yang has the ability to absorb energy from the damage she has taken, and redirect it twice as hard at her opponent, effectively making her stronger with each hit she takes. She can save up the energy to use later for an even more devastating attack. "

That's basically how her semblance works

Also btw again no one scales to yangs semblance at max power as everyone who got hit got one shot or just beat down

Unless you count mercury becoming 8-A thanks to live takeing a beating from yangs semblance before he aura eventually broke. But if you don't see mercury scaleing then it should be fine as I changed the OP to get rid of the whole aura scaleing as aura is inconsistent and varies between characters, also yangs Semblance is literally a one shot move after she started useing it as a finishing move at max charge

Last edited:
Basically, the OP is trying to mention how Yang's Semblance works. Is for each and every hit she takes, she gets stronger and stronger. Basically, she gets hit an X number of times, and the average attack potency of those attacks is Y. Then her attack potency becomes X * Y * 2 + whatever her base attack potency was. Would you consider that damage stacking?

Basically, the OP is trying to mention how Yang's Semblance works. Is for each and every hit she takes, she gets stronger and stronger. Basically, she gets hit an X number of times, and the average attack potency of those attacks is Y. Then her attack potency becomes X * Y * 2 + whatever her base attack potency was. Would you consider that damage stacking?
Damage stacking in which sense?

It, in any case, sounds like an extremely problematic kind of multiplier, since it sounds like every time she has a serious fight she would get a few times more powerful which quickly goes beyond any kind of feat she (or someone she scales to) has. And since multipliers are only applied within reason, the moment anyone tanks that it would be contradicted in full.
If the bomb is in contradiction that would be enough to disregard the multiplier.

Last edited:
See that's the thing. No one has tanked her full power semblance without getting one shot or beaten down (only one who was beat down by a few hits was mercury in her beacon arc key) like I said

The entire point of her using her semblance is that she has thus far oneshot everyone she hits with it

Damage stacking in which sense?

It, in any case, it sounds like an extremely problematic kind of multiplier, since it sounds like every time she has a serious fight she would get a few times more powerful which quickly goes beyond any kind of feat she (or someone she scales to) has. And since multipliers are only applied within reason, the moment anyone tanks that it would be contradicted in full.
If the bomb is in contradiction that would be enough to disregard the multiplier.
The bomb is only for aura durability, not her semblances max power outage

Not only is yang's ap with this multiplier lower than that of the bomb but she has the aforementioned feat of ripping a Low 7-B in half with her semblance already as well as oneshotting Elm, a 7-C, it just so happens that her semblance with the math applied is also Low 7-B

You said that everyone’s aura’s max durability would scale yesterday, the bomb is not helping your case here when that’s weaker than your multiplier and they would die to said bomb.
I'm pretty sure 5 megatons is less then 6+ megatons

A verses definition of a one shot is not defined. It could be 1.5 or whatever. Also if the bomb is large town level then that's just PIS

Also remember Oscars KE nuke well they were near the blast of that High 7-C+ explosion at near ground zero with no issue so I dont see how that would make it an outlier, also this is only about yangs semblance at max power, not aura durability again

Also it could be explained away that they were scared of the civilians dying, as they have no aura and the whole goal was to protect the civilians and ironwood used that into his advantage to try to threaten team Rwby and everyone with the bomb. Hell it was after mantel and not atlas where they were so the bomb wasn't even ment for them

No it’s not PIS, that’s not how it works here. What’s PIS is a character not doing something that would make sense in the story.

also your Salem argument doesn’t work when she’s not remotely trying against anyone in that fight and takes all of them down easily. Scaling someone who gets bodied by the immortal regenerating character just because she did some damage is the equivalent of scaling any DBZ character with a gun to Majin Buu because bullets pierced his body despite him not being fazed.

Oscar’s bomb that targeted Grimm specifically and caused no damage to anyone else or any building doesn’t really help your case here.

Also it could be explained away that they were scared of the civilians dying, as they have no aura and the whole goal was to protect the civilians and ironwood used that into his advantage to try to threaten team Rwby and everyone with the bomb. Hell it was after mantel and not atlas where they were so the bomb wasn't even ment for them
What about this then?

No you see the happy huntresses there helping the city, they never came to atlas so this argument doesn’t work. So can you bring up anything else here that we haven’t even covered or no? If the latter then I’m gonna close this thread since there’s nothing left to discuss

No you see the happy huntresses there helping the city, they never came to atlas so this argument doesn’t work. So can you bring up anything else here that we haven’t even covered or no? If the latter then I’m gonna close this thread since there’s nothing left to discuss
Still yangs semblance should still be reworded to
"Yang has the ability to absorb energy from the damage she has taken, and redirect it twice as hard at her opponent, effectively making her stronger with each hit she takes. She can save up the energy to use later for an even more devastating attack"
Just like how the RWBY wiki explains it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back