• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small yang fix that upgrades people and aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I'm not saying that Aura varies in durability. I'm saying mechanically, Aura is inconsistent. Jaune did not get his Aura broken by being backhanded by a mech that's >>> him in power but Yang gets one-shot by Neo.

This is also not including the fact that it sometimes just doesn't work? Like how Tyrian cut himself with Emerald's blade despite Aura supposedly being passive and always up.

No. I'm not saying that Aura varies in durability. I'm saying mechanically, Aura is inconsistent. Jaune did not get his Aura broken by being backhanded by a mech that's >>> him in power but Yang gets one-shot by Neo.

This is also not including the fact that it sometimes just doesn't work? Like how Tyrian cut himself with Emerald's blade despite Aura supposedly being passive and always up.
Ren said someone can turn off aura (redcon) and neo one shotting yangs aura is PIS, so I don't see how any of these debunk what I'm trying to say here also jaune amped his aura and Nora's (because his semblance just amps aura)

Last edited:
So Yang getting one-shot is PIS but Jaune tanking something that is canonically supposed to stomp him isn't? You can't just account for the low end without also accounting for the high end.

I understand that Aura mechanics allow characters to tank attacks stronger than they would naturally be able to withstand, but based on what we're told about said mechanics, some stuff just doesn't work. Aura works like a health bar, which means that attacks of the same AP will always take away the same chunk of Aura from a person. Some people have larger reserves like Jaune, so I can understand if he can tank attacks that would be further out of the ballpark than most. But Vine's Aura tanked the strongest attack in the series, not Jaune's. So there's no reason anyone's Aura should be anywhere close to the nuke feat and it should be regarded as PIS. Everyone having Low 7-B Aura is dumb.

yes, the aura would break because the bar would be depleted from enough damage. That doesn’t debunk my point.

What does that have anything to do with my point? No aura’s durability doesn’t get weaker, the energy to sustain an aura drains the more aura gets hit or using a semblance. Prove that that’s remotely said about aura as a whole right now.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Aura_(RWBY)

This was accepted and added soooo yeah. It even has citations

Last edited:
This seems like a contrived way to skirt NLF. There is obviously a cap and as of right now, it's Jaune. Nobody in the entire series should have any showings higher than Jaune. He was specifically stated to have a higher Aura pool than average, so any feat that is wildly greater than what Jaune has been shown to tank should be regarded as outlier.

Just saying, if you're using this hard cap method of deriving Aura durability, that means every character in the series can take a fixed number of hits from the same AP output and you concede to this rule. We can calculate everyone's AP based on how many hits it takes to break someone's max Aura durability. This means that by your logic, not only would Weiss and Ruby both need the same number of hits to take out someone like Yang to remain consistent, but also that whatever max Aura durability Yang has, can be divided by the number of hits Ruby and Weiss make to discern their AP.

Any deviation from the above breaks your entire argument.

That page doesn't tell me anything about the aura being physically weaker when it takes damage, it just says that when the aura supply is lower it will be closer to breaking, that doesn't mean the forcefield gets weaker and weaker, the battery just drains faster.

Just saying, if you're using this hard cap method of deriving Aura durability, that means every character in the series can take a fixed number of hits from the same AP output and you concede to this rule. We can calculate everyone's AP based on how many hits it takes to break someone's max Aura durability. This means that by your logic, not only would Weiss and Ruby both need the same number of hits to take out someone like Yang to remain consistent, but also that whatever max Aura durability Yang has, can be divided by the number of hits Ruby and Weiss make to discern their APm
I mean at the moment none of yangs attacks actually surpasses jaune's aura damage cap. Mercury scales above jaune enough to one shot him and Adams aura wasn't even able to handle yangs semblance at max power and yangs aura cap in vol 8 should be lower then the bombs ap and elm wasn't able to handle yangs semblance power either because she was blown in the air just by yang punching the ground with her Semblance

So the most Yang could do is almost 2x her Aura durability, since she needs some remaining Aura to actually use her Semblance. But because RWBY is inconsistent with Aura durability, that value is unquantifiable.

How about
"Varies with Aura (Aura functions as a forcefield with a 'health bar' rather than a flat durability, and is able to withstand up to unknown level of damage before breaking but can be broken by a sufficient number of weaker attacks)"

I agree with the whole statement of her being faster needing to be reworded since it's only a strength boost and not a speed boost. But everything else from her semblance description I have no issue with since it lines up with what's shown in the series and the scans you posted.

You mean the thing that's in her own page? Yes I'm fine with that, I'm not fine with the multiplier stacking as that's reaching outlier territory.

Ok, you counted the hits she tanked, that doesn't really help your case when you're ignoring context on the other feats the series has, more specifically ones that threatened the entire crew's lives and try to claim everyone's aura scales to whatever Yang took.

Just to list out all the factors we would have to account for to keep what you're proposing consistent:

Yang's total Aura reserve

Yang's Aura reserve for AP since her Semblance will drain Aura

Yang's Aura reserve for Dura since she will have less Aura in this area due to using it for her Semblance

Her opponent's Aura reserve since whatever is remaining of their total reserve is now split between their AP and Dura

Jaune's total Aura reserve, as she can't exceed his highest showing.

There might be more but I can't list them off the top of my head right now.

Just to list out all the factors we would have to account for to keep what you're proposing consistent:

Yang's total Aura reserve

Yang's Aura reserve for AP since her Semblance will drain Aura

Yang's Aura reserve for Dura since she will have less Aura in this area due to using it for her Semblance

Her opponent's Aura reserve since whatever is remaining of their total reserve is now split between their AP and Dura

Jaune's total Aura reserve, as she can't exceed his highest showing.

There might be more but I can't list them off the top of my head right now.
TL;DR this is an unquantifiable mess—and it would be so even if RWBY wasn't inherently inconsistent when it comes to Aura showings.

Is this still about aura durability because it's best to leave that as higher but still yang with her semblance at max charged basically pretty much one shot eveyone she used it one except mercury but he was at almost full aura because he barely took any damage until the yang semblance beating and mercury held back. Although even his aura was broken after a few hits

I changed it to higher because you guys keep disagreeing with all my points and mostly don't agree with upgrading them even though it explains most outliers like jaune with aura amp liveing the mech slapping him with a low 7-C slap even if it broke his aura (because if his max aura normal was 8-A and him amping it to live a low 7-C slap would make sense)

No, it's the fact that you're trying to make a flat multiplier for her AP without thinking of the repercussions. Your OP is:

Small yang fix that upgrades people and aura​

You're trying to upgrade their Aura which translates to their AP and Dura. If you're presenting the healthbar argument, you have to concede to there being fixed values for everything, which is impossible.

It doesn't even have to be a 2x amp with each hit
its 2x the energy shes hit with total
if she's hit with one punch she hits back with twice the energy of that punch
if shes hit with 10 punchs, she hits back with twice the energy of the accumulated energy of those 10 punchs
Remember this is how yangs semblance should work when this goes through

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back