• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? You mean like making it so the blast couldn't expand completely? Yeah, if anything whatever is containing it would be even more impressive, due to surface area and preventing the expansion and not, ya know, breaking.
In fact I'm ******* with a feat atm that involves shoving a bunch of mass in a tight volume to get the durability/pressure that object can contain it's like 6 digit GPA.

But funny you mention that and area and rads, everyone dying to the bomb in theory is even worse, because of ISL, it ain't like everyone is hugging the bomb, if the bomb is fatal at even 1m away, that's almost a whole magnitude lower that serves as a cap. So, feat is even more fucky than you'd think
We're supposed to have moved away from this, I'm not gonna comment on the bomb any further.
I honestly was making my comment when it was decided to stop talking about the bomb thing, but I appreciate you answering my question regardless of the fact so thank you.

Anyways now that I want to move on, my stance is still firm when it comes to none of the cast scaling to the Maidens. However Spinoirr's suggestion to downscale from Qrow level characters is interesting if the half Maiden argument is legit, but people like Tony have expressed disagreements so I guess it's dependent on what others see is the best course of action: Either downscaling from Qrow and anyone comparable, or just going the direct route and scaling only off of feats that they performed.

Also what about Weiss scaling? She is clearly the only one who can hold her ground against a maiden while the others get oneshotted.

Will she downscale? Just get an "at least x tier"? Or just be noted that she is able to fight a maiden?

The fact she couldn’t do shit and Cinder’s toying with her the entire fight with no sign of her aura draining makes Weiss scaling hard to believe
Nothing indicates Cinder was toying with her, hell Weiss was able to hold back cinder multiple times, the most important one was when Penny was mortally injured and weiss still was able to keep cinder occupied long enough to prevent her from stealing the maiden powers. That despite having her aura broken already. Cinder was definitively not playing her cuz duh, stealing the maiden powers is like top 3 in her list.

Also to prevent people from trying to scale the others to her just notice how she took multiple hits from Cinder, her aura tanked some and even after having her aura broken she could still take some punishment while others (like Jaune who has the biggest aura supposedly, and Ruby) got oneshoted casually, or worse as Yang got oneshoted by Neo who is way weaker than Cinder.

Moreover her summoned sword (heh) can easily tank cinder's attacks.

The fact she couldn’t do shit and Cinder’s toying with her the entire fight with no sign of her aura draining makes Weiss scaling hard to believe
Cinder wasn't toying with Winter and she got stomped albeit not one shot by a enraged full power Maiden Cinder, she survived multiple slashes without Aura from full power mad af Cinder (hence why I scale her to half of full power Maiden cinders power as she scales to a qrow who made half power Cinder run given the Maiden powers grant a boost of power so if she had the power she'd just use it to overpower qrow yet didn't)

Meaning characters that scale to Qrow are baseline small city level

Characters who downscaling from Qrow are baseline large town level+ (explaining what happened to Weiss while also having the cast around that pro Huntsmen levels but need teamwork to actually beat people who downscale from people like clover who scales to qrow)

So I agree with the downgrade, albeit not as severe. Just reworking the scaling given they should've been baseline large town level+ according to our rules of downscaling from baseline

Also to prevent people from trying to scale the others to her just notice how she took multiple hits from Cinder, her aura tanked some and even after having her aura broken she could still take some punishment while others (like Jaune who has the biggest aura supposedly, and Ruby) got oneshoted casually, or worse as Yang got oneshoted by Neo who is way weaker than Cinder.
Apparently that's due to Yang staying awake for days, fighting on and off and overall it happened super fast (also doesn't matter if they'll become baseline large town level+)

@Spinoirr I'm not talking about Winter, I'm talking about Weiss, pay attention to what I'm arguing about before you make assumptions.

@Tony_di_bugalu So the person who lost her aura, the thing that gives her super powers and defenses, is somehow able to keep up with a foe that takes out her entire team easily, if you're not seeing the obvious problem here then idk what to tell you other than you need to prove Weiss is blatantly stronger than everyone in team RWBY.

@Spinoirr I'm not talking about Winter, I'm talking about Weiss, pay attention to what I'm arguing about before you make assumptions.

@Tony_di_bugalu So the person who lost her aura, the thing that gives her super powers and defenses, is somehow able to keep up with a foe that takes out her entire team easily, if you're not seeing the obvious problem here then idk what to tell you other than you need to prove Weiss is blatantly stronger than everyone in team RWBY.
4246.jpg

Are you ignoring everything I'm saying? I never said Weiss scales 1:1 to cinder, hell I never even said she was fighting on even grounds I explicitly said she was barely able to hold her ground which is way more than everyone else did. Also, Aura while giving them a stat amp isn't their base statistics AFAIK, moreover it is mainly used as a shield, they aren't normal ass humans without aura so dunno why you bring it up. Also, also, nice of you ignoring how she was holding her ground when she still had her aura as well. Being able to fight after getting her aura destroyed just cements my point of her being a cut above everyone else bar the maidens in question.

I don't know if you are being intentionally obtuse or not but the damn video you posted in the OP is the proof that Weiss is blatantly stronger than all of them (with Penny being the obvious exception). Let's compare them starting with Weiss:

• She takes multiple hits from Cinder
  • Can hold her ground in close quarters multiple times, even after having her aura broken she can still keep Cinder's attention away from the others
  • Somewhat keeps up in speed
  • her strongest summon can easily tank Cinder's attacks
  • her semblance can hold cinder for a few seconds

The rest of the team:

• ruby gets one shotted by cinder
  • Yang gets slapped by neo
  • Jaune's sword is destroyed in one strike
  • Jaune's aura gets destroyed in one hit just like ruby
  • Blake gets kicked once and she is pretty much down for the count until the very end

I should bring up the bomb calc doesn't take into account the fact mantel and the crater are longer then mantel is wide as shown by a election map of mantel in the show

So honestly the bomb should be stronger then the Calc says

@Tony_di_bugalu Aura is their base statistics when that’s how most characters survive otherwise lethal attacks. Ruby barely surviving the outward explosion of the colossus has everything to do with her aura doing the job. Same with the whole Tyrian vs RNGR fight in Volume 4 where Tyrian was slapping around the entire crew with no sign of getting harmed, but after his scuffle with Qrow and his aura shattered, a simple scythe shot from Ruby ripped out his tail.
  • she takes multiple hits from Cinder
Yeah, so did several others and their aura got shattered.
  • Can hold her ground in close quarters multiple times, even after having her aura broken she can still keep Cinder's attention away from the others
Keeping her attention away doesn’t mean she scales, that just means she’s good at distracting her. Kid Trunks distracted Broly in the second movie, that doesn’t mean he’d remotely scale to Broly completely when he’s clearly out of his league.
  • Somewhat keep up in speed
You mean the girl who has a speed amping semblance? Not really helping your case, also again, speed doesn’t mean strengths they’re two mutually exclusive stats.
  • her strongest summon can easily tank Cinder's attacks
Her summons don’t scale to her physically so that means nothing.

• her semblance can hold cinder for a few seconds
You mean her glyphs that can manipulate gravity? Thats not really proof of AP when Cinder burns all of her glyphs easily. Marrow can freeze Penny in place because of his semblance that literally freezes them in place, that doesn’t mean he scales to them physically, that’s just his Semblance having some hax.

Btw the 8-A feat Yang has would apply to pre-atlas, because it was done at the very, very beginning of the training montage in volume 7, as in, Arrowfell was team RWBY's first official mission in that timeskip

There is also this feat that would apply to the Atlas arc characters

Kinda supports my baseline large town level+ scaling that I have given Neo casually survived this and could easily use her Semblance afterwards (as Semblances drain Aura, the more she used it the less Aura she'll have yet she made a bunch of clones after this)

That calc looks inflated to all hell, you used clouds to get the size of a crater without like any sort of pixel scaling or anything? How does that make sense.

The bomb had already been rejected several times. We are not scaling anyone to it. Enough about it.

The downgrades themselves look fine, though I think you guys have to give more credit to the Maiden downscale.

Blake drop kicked and forced back Cinder who was blasting forward at full speed, Weiss was putting up a fight as has been shown off, Cinder is NOT holding back whatsoever. She wants to kill all of them violently, in this specific scenario (unlike what she was doing vs Jaune) she is 100% locked in on destroying them all.

Weiss is not magically stronger than the others, they are all comparable. This is shown in Volume 9 which is literally seconds after the end of Volume 8. Whatever Weiss scales to the others will as well.

Winter and Penny were getting smacked around by Cinder but they could clearly hurt her, block her attacks and take some hits themselves before going down. They are weaker but not 8-A vs Low 7-B weaker.

The bomb had already been rejected several times. We are not scaling anyone to it. Enough about it.

The downgrades themselves look fine, though I think you guys have to give more credit to the Maiden downscale.

Blake drop kicked and forced back Cinder who was blasting forward at full speed, Weiss was putting up a fight as has been shown off, Cinder is NOT holding back whatsoever. She wants to kill all of them violently, in this specific scenario (unlike what she was doing vs Jaune) she is 100% locked in on destroying them all.

Weiss is not magically stronger than the others, they are all comparable. This is shown in Volume 9 which is literally seconds after the end of Volume 8. Whatever Weiss scales to the others will as well.

Winter and Penny were getting smacked around by Cinder but they could clearly hurt her, block her attacks and take some hits themselves before going down. They are weaker but not 8-A vs Low 7-B weaker.
Yeah, this is what I've been saying

Honestly them being baseline high 7-C makes more sense given they downscale from characters who are half maiden level, also explains how they can survive Maidens attacking them even without Aura

The gap between 8-A and low 7-B is a one shot, not a stomp gap where they can take hits

I think downscaling may be possible, but for fighting Cinder? Hell nah!

Yes, Cinder in that moment was actually trying to kill them but this ignores the fact she is fighting 4+ people mostly at the same time. Even then, she doesnt get her aura broken and it isn’t until Winter gets maiden powers that she starts getting pushed back for real. Yeah sure they punch and damage her but it’s nothing considerable or crazy enough to warrant actual downscaling.

Unless we’re just gonna ignore how Aura works in the series and how it’s generally used as an indicator on who’s stronger, I don’t see how Weiss remotely keeping up with Cinder would make any sense, same with the base Penny and Winter against Cinder when Cinder got Winter nearly crippled in the end of their first fight.

Either way grace period has ended, I’ll apply the changes soon.

Hard Agree with everything above. The centipedes being rated that level for merely being able to take advantage of gravity was never soundproof.

Could I also ask to add 'Analytical Prediction' removal from Yang?
It's based off something she did in a non-canon alternate manga, and it goes against her whole arc about being 'too reckless and reliant on the power of her Semblance'. Of all the characters, as skilled as she is, she wouldn't be the one to think about analytically predicting

I would also argue (i havent read the entire thread so sry if this is just a repeat) that Maiden Powers dont do anything to boost their users physical strength (at least not massively or comparable to their storm creation), and is why Team RWBY are able to 'keep' up physically with Cinder somewhat.

Maidens are no longer the god tier threats they were made out to be, and can be overwhelmed multiple times when they're outnumbered. I genuinely think they just give you the strong elemental powers

I would also argue (i havent read the entire thread so sry if this is just a repeat) that Maiden Powers dont do anything to boost their users physical strength (at least not massively or comparable to their storm creation), and is why Team RWBY are able to 'keep' up physically with Cinder somewhat.

Maidens are no longer the god tier threats they were made out to be, and can be overwhelmed multiple times when they're outnumbered. I genuinely think they just give you the strong elemental powers
Save this for another thread bud

likely won't amount to much anyways given the significant amount of evidence against your claims we have from the show

Save this for another thread bud

likely won't amount to much anyways given the significant amount of evidence against your claims we have from the show
What evidence? Please dont tell me its just Frida being able to hold back Cinder with her grip (Whose another maiden?).

Old People in fiction aren't as weak and helpless if they've been powerhouses all their life, even on their deathbed (look at Whitebeard). I believe it was on Cinder's weaker Grimm Arm too. Frida was clearly dying of Dementia too

What evidence? Please dont tell me its just Frida being able to hold back Cinder with her grip (Whose another maiden?).

Old People in fiction aren't as weak and helpless if they've been powerhouses all their life, even on their deathbed (look at Whitebeard). I believe it was on Cinder's weaker Grimm Arm too. Frida was clearly dying of Dementia too
Again save it and make another thread if it bothers you, this ain't the one

Again save it and make another thread if it bothers you, this ain't the one
You cant lead me on with 'significant amount of evidence against your claims', then not tell me what i need to argue against if you expect me to make another thread (which i'm gonna have to make time for either way, I cant dwell on Vs battles wiki RWBY forever)

Cause i genuinely not got any clue what evidence there is, all that was ever argued to me about it was Frida a while ago

You cant lead me on with 'significant amount of evidence against your claims', then not tell me what i need to argue against if you expect me to make another thread (which i'm gonna have to make time for either way, I cant dwell on Vs battles wiki RWBY forever)

Cause i genuinely not got any clue what evidence there is, all that was ever argued to me about it was Frida a while ago
Uh yeah I can, this isn't the thread for it point blank period, this about the usability of two calculations of the verse not about altering other points of scaling completely unrelated. So i can absolutely say not to derail, tackle it another crt, and give my immediate thoughts on what you said without following up because THIS Ain't the place

Uh yeah I can, this isn't the thread for it point blank period, this about the usability of two calculations of the verse not about altering other points of scaling completely unrelated. So i can absolutely say not to derail, tackle it another crt, and give my immediate thoughts on what you said without following up because THIS Ain't the place
You can, but you shouldnt be leading it on then lol. Dont expect me not to question when you're giving riddles

Can you tell me outside the thread on my profile or smthn? Or however the forum works? I'm not gonna, and didnt want to majorly discuss it anyway rn, it was you telling me theres arguments against it (RWBY is a headache), im just glad the base range is finally realised as not in the Tier 7s, after so long using incorrect contexted calculations.

Yangs Analytical Prediction is surely minor enough to quickly discuss & change though right? Like, im not making a whole CR thread for the removal of 1 easy misjudged power, not after last time with NPI

@Jinx666 you can make a CRT for yang's analytical prediction and the Maiden's own power levels, this isn't the thread for it, plus it's practically over so the edits need to be made now.

RIP worth a shot. Ima need to know what im working against with whatever this evidence if someone wants to drop it to me in profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back