• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY - Semblance upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about we list it as "Veries, Higher to Far Higher with semblance" for now? we'll deal with the multiplier for a later CRT

Alright, I think that's a good compromise

Just thought it would be nice to put out for later. I go more into the implications in the main thread.
Uh might wanna double check that clip again, that clip isn’t implying what you thinks it is

its confirming what our Aura ability page already says, that they're able to use their aura to further amplify their strength

he also confirms that Aura is used to activate Dust which is a good note to have

But always this isn't the thread for this, this is just for Yang and Adam, Nora's semblance getting a varies rating

That is not what is being pushed for no. You are confusing durability with damage capacity, having more aura does not make the aura more durable, it just means it can absorb more damage over the course of a fight. Take the Adam vs Yang rematch, Adam's stronger semblance attack was able to cut through Yang's aura in that fight, because it is an attack amplified several times over as well as a bladed weapon, Weiss was able to do the same to Hazel because of the Queen Lancer's piercing stinger on top of being amped by Jaune.
So why are you pushing for them to have separate durability keys for their Aura? You literally posted that they would have mountain level durability for their aura via your 300x claim, which was unsubstantiated, and I’m glad you see isn’t accurate.

Also… this idea for Adam isn’t even consistent.

Adam cut through her aura when he had, by your own count, a 3x boost with his semblance.

Yet her aura, in the exact same fight, could withstand a 13x amp and not get cut through??

The entire basis of scaling Aura or having “aura durability” is faulty when Aura doesn’t even behave how it should in the exact same fight scene. How is Adam cutting through her Aura with a 3x amp when he couldn’t with a 13x amp? Does Aura get less durable with time? If that’s the case, why didn’t Neo take Yang’s head off when she one shot her through her Aura? What standard are we trying to set here with Yang’s aura if durability and stamina aren’t linked?

I’m going to answer the rest of your posts with this in mind, as it is important.
Yes, thats why people keep telling you guys to drop it, because Vine has no relevance to this CRT.

This CRT is solely discussing Yang, Adam, and Nora's AP amps with their semblances, nothing else.
YOU WERE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT UP VINE????

You were the one putting a hard amount to every single character’s aura capacity, then you backtracked to just high aura characters, but now you’re saying those characters were never relevant? You brought up “Vine’s Aura being this high is consistent because he contained the Atlas bombbut I’m the one bringing him up???

You literally are trying to use a massive amplification from Yang/Adam to scale everyone’s Aura DURABILITY too. You attempted that with Vine in this exact same CRT, citing his containment of the bomb as a supporting feat for MOUNTAIN LEVEL AURA DURABILITY. Not storage, DURABILITY.

This CRT is NOT just about Yang/Adam/Nora, you made that VERY clear when you kept talking about upgrading characters AURA DURABILITY with this multiplication.

Yang and Adam's semblances do varies in power depending on how much damage they absorb, store and send back twice as hard

Now we just need to find the limit for Yangs, luckily in the OP I have counted the most recent time Yang used her semblance at max power for one hit before her aura broke due to using her semblance (semblances drain aura) and that was 70 hits absorbed thanks to the absorbed hits she took from Adam's semblance being send back at her twice as hard

So that's 140, we'll deal with giving the low tier, middle tier and high tier of Aura levels all different varies ratings when we get to that in a different CRT. For now the "higher" rating for aura should cover any problems for this. For now

I'll bring this up here before anyone else: Adam's aura getting one shot by Yangs semblance and protect him makes sense given he is stronger then Yang as staited by Yang herself, it literally took two people to take him down and even then it was down to the wire. So his aura being two times or more above Yang's actually makes sense.

So far that's the most recent time she used her semblance at max power, back in Beacon the amount of damage she could absorb honestly could be lower due to training that increased her amount of Aura via getting stronger
DO YOU SEE WHAT I AM SAYING?

You claim “this crt isn’t about aura” and then start talking about their Aura durability.

So now your claim is “Yang’s Aura can endure 70 hits from someone somewhat stronger than her,” with a subsequent claim of “Adam can endure over 140 hits from Yang as his Aura didn’t break from her Burn attack.”

But we have an issue here, PER YOUR OWN CLAIM.

This would mean, by your own words, that Adam should have Aura durability 140x his own AP. You’re claiming Yang hit Adam with a 4 Megaton attack and his Aura protected him from it, with the damage not even breaking through his Aura similar to how his own attacks did the same to Yang.

“His Aura being 2x Yang’s makes sense” no no no no no. His Aura is NOT 2x Yang’s in durability. Remember what you said? Durability and amount are different.

You’re claiming Adam has, at the very least, 33x the durability of Yang’s Aura. It took Adam a 3x amp to cut through her Aura, while a 140x amp doesn’t break through his?

And now you’re bringing up “aura tiers?” What, is someone supposed to scale to Adam now? Because this makes no logical sense. Either Adam is a WILD outlier or him surviving that amount of punishment is ridiculous. And considering Yang, in the same fight, has her aura cut through by a 3x amp… but tanks a 13x amp… I’m suspecting some continuity issues.
You guys are doing all this talk about a point I made to support this, when that isn't even the main point

The main point is that Yang and Adam's semblances NEED a varies rating as they can absorb, store and send back that stored energy twice as hard just like Deku, Fat Gum who have/will have their profiles list how strong their absorbed energy is is max power
You are literally the one attempting to scale characters Aura DURABILITY from this IN THIS CRT. YOU brought it up, YOU gave concrete multiplier numbers, YOU tried to claim what tiers they should be and YOU are the one incorrectly claiming that ANYONE should be scaling to ANYTHING that happened in this fight.

The ONLY reason this is still going is because you included things in this CRT that make NO SENSE.

Why is there a counter for Yang’s hits taken if this is just a CRT for a varied rating? Why did you include that?

Why do you care when she throws back her hits or how many hits she takes? Why do you care how many hits Adam takes and throws back?

We both know the reason and it is NOT because you just want a varies rating. It is because you want a multiplier to scale people to, as you literally said and posted in this crt.

If you just wanted a “Varies” rating, you would not be counting and writing down each hit Yang takes. You would just claim she and Adam require a varied rating. But no, you literally have written down and are attempting to create Aura durability thresholds for these characters. That’s why there is a counter for the hits Yang took. That’s why you brought up Vine to claim “mountain level durability is consistent.” That’s why ANY of your OP for Adam/Yang exists.

Do not assume people here can’t literally see what’s going on or where this is going. It is painfully obvious.
The point to ask is do you or do you not agree that Yang and Adam's semblances should have a veries rating depending on how much energy they absorbed and stored and send back twice as hard?

Might as well make a new CRT where we can actually talk about what the hell should be the maximum multiplier later, because this is literally just for giving their semblances a varies rating basied on how it works, I literally went off topic bring up aura because I was just using that as sporting evidence
Oh no you don’t. Your entire OP is dedicated to a multiplier for Yang/Adam. It isn’t about their varies rating at all, it’s about how much Aura durability they have, and it has ALWAYS been about that.
How about we list it as "Veries, Higher to Far Higher with semblance" for now? we'll deal with the multiplier for a later CRT

The multiplier YOU BROUGHT UP and is the basis for your entire CRT? The one that’s in the OP that you tried to get passed without caring for a varies rating nearly as much?

Bro is saying “guys the multiplier doesn’t matter, we’ll do that in another crt” when the entire OP is dedicated to a MULTIPLIER?!?

Aura durability and storage are separate… but Adam can tank a 140x MULTIPLIER HIT WITH HIS AURA?? Yang’s Aura can be cut through by a 3x multiplier but TANKS A 13x multiplier???

“Stop bringing up other characters,” but Vine is being used as an example for Mountain level durability being consistent on the previous page?? Talking about low, mid and high aura tiers??

Half the arguments on the first page are about “Aura’s MAX DURABILITY,” and is using YANG/ADAM’S COUNTED MULTIPLIER TO CREATE THAT MAX DURABILITY.

This is absolute Weekly tier gaslighting right now. Either I’m going crazy and hallucinated the entirety of the crt before I joined or you’re being incredibly forgetful right now.

Listen I regret bringing up all the Aura bs into this thread when I said I was saving that for a different crt

Listen I regret bringing up all the Aura bs into this thread when I said I was saving that for a different crt
Your OP is literally counting hits to create multipliers for their semblance.

It is far past the point where you can just pull back and hide a change. It is very obvious where you want this change to go, so no, I’m not about to let you just “remove” everything that stems from this CRT because people are challenging it.

The rating you want for Yang/Adam comes with absolute scaling problems which you have revealed by counting the hits they take before throwing back their attacks. You have, by revealing your actual intentions for a “Varies” rating, revealed the inconsistency and issues prevalent from it.

Aura durability and storage are separate? Sure.

13x amp? Yang’s aura withstands it.

3x amp? Yang’s aura gets cut through.

I’m pushing against this wholeheartedly until someone can make sense of that.

The rating you want for Yang/Adam comes with absolute scaling problems which you have revealed by counting the hits they take before throwing back their attacks. You have, by revealing your actual intentions for a “Varies” rating, revealed the inconsistency and issues prevalent from it.

Aura durability and storage are separate? Sure.

13x amp? Yang’s aura withstands it.

3x amp? Yang’s aura gets cut through.

I’m pushing against this wholeheartedly until someone can make sense of that.
Note, Yang during beacon was only high 8-C vs Adam's 7-C 3x semblance attack cut right through her aura

But anyways, How about we list it as "Veries, Higher to Far Higher with semblance" for now? we'll deal with the multiplier for a later CRT

Because aura max amount of hits a character takes are inconsistent and depend on temperature damage, semblance use, the amount of hits they take. All of these drain aura

Once again, you are mistaken.

In Volume 6, as counted IN YOUR OP, Yang gets hit with a 3x attack after she is hit with a 13x attack. Remember? After the 2v1 against Adam?

That 3x hit from Adam went through her Aura and hurt her. Damaged her robotic arm. It overcame her Aura’s durability, despite her being comparable to him.

Yet earlier in that exact same fight, she tanked a, once again, COUNTED BY YOU, 13x hit.

Where’s the logic?

It is IMPOSSIBLE to ignore the multiplier that comes with their “varies” rating when the BASIS for their “varies” rating is a multiplier.

“They take a hit and throw it back twice as hard” is a multiplier. That needs to be discussed in full, Spin, not just ignored for a later date.

That is NOT a good compromise and you don’t get to set what a good compromise is. That’s just ignoring the problems YOU have presented.

Yang’s Aura max storage is irrelevant. Once again, as YOU SAID, durability and storage are different. Temperature, hits taken, etc. only affect how much they have left.

But you claimed how much they have and the durability of their Aura Shield is different. So the inconsistency of the actual durability of their Aura is still created from this fight.

Not gonna lie, I'd like to see Adam with x140 of his durability

I am as opposed to this as most. However, since the discussion boiled down to Aura (which I know how it works - how plot needs it to work), Spin, maybe we should discuss Aura first? After all, their Semblances are directly connected with how Aura functions, much more than anyone else's.
Because right now it looks pretty sus to me at least.

Uh might wanna double check that clip again, that clip isn’t implying what you thinks it is

its confirming what our Aura ability page already says, that they're able to use their aura to further amplify their strength

he also confirms that Aura is used to activate Dust which is a good note to have

But always this isn't the thread for this, this is just for Yang and Adam, Nora's semblance getting a varies rating
Yeah. Aura is tied to AP.

Alright, we need to deal with the Aura inconsistencies and find the most common multiplier for their semblances max power

Is that basically it?

Yeah, I honestly trying to find a compromise here

like with my "Veries, Higher to Far Higher with semblance" idea or trying to find a better more consistent multiplier

Because we can't ignore the fact their semblances do varies in power depending on how much damage they absorbed and send back twice as hard

Considering what I know about what is currently happening in this thread, I’ll keep my tone, tyvm. Pointing out logical inconsistencies is kinda my thing in these threads as it has been for like 2 years now. If I don’t emphasize certain things or incorrect statements/reasonings, then they will be skimmed over or misinterpreted, which clogs the thread with meaningless information.

As you can see, just getting the OP to know which fight I’m even talking about is a struggle. So you’ll have to excuse me if I try to get certain things across.
Yeah, I honestly trying to find a compromise here

like with my "Veries, Higher to Far Higher with semblance" idea or trying to find a better more consistent multiplier

Because we can't ignore the fact their semblances do varies in power depending on how much damage they absorbed and send back twice as hard
You cannot create a compromise from nothing. You can’t look at inconsistencies, then ignore them and say “let’s just go with this option that favors my interpretation” as if that makes it ok.

We can’t ignore the fact that some attacks overcome Aura durability, while stronger attacks for some reason don’t, either. It’s almost like RWBY is notoriously inconsistent as hell when it comes to Aura shielding because it factors in several things while also either forgetting or retroactively changing other things constantly.

I value your comprehension. I'm feeling a bit puzzled as I'm unable to grasp the current premise. It's possible that you're correct, but let's maintain a professional tone as we discuss these matters.

Thanks.

@ImmortalDread Did you bother reading any of my posts after you told me to post scans because I literally did

@Spinoirr Which has 3 staff members rejecting it already, I’m giving you one last chance to bring something new that can justify the varies rating because right now you’re not doing a good job convincing me or wolves about this.

@Spinoirr Which has 3 staff members rejecting it already, I’m giving you one last chance to bring something new that can justify the varies rating because right now you’re not doing a good job convincing me or wolves about this.
And we can't just ignore the fact Yang and Adam's semblances DO in fact depend on power on how much damage they absorb and send back twice as hard

It's literally how their powers work, hence why they should have a varies rating

Yang's semblance varies depending on how much damage she has absorbed and can send back that stored energy twice as hard

Think of it kinda like Fa Jin but can send back the absorbed kinetic energy twice as hard

12:50

20230822_141400.png

It's literally how Yangs and Adam's semblances work, they absorb damage, store it and send it back twice as hard whenever they want

Hence the varies rating

5:21

RWBY is just too inconsistent to take this sort of 'double intensity' scale literally tbh. Saying 'double the power' seems like kinda just a placeholder since theres no actual specific multiplier (As there shouldnt be, RWBY isnt a videogame). It's clear Yang does have to take multiple hits to get to her super strong levels of Semblance, which shouldn't be the case if she can specifically absorb the impact then double it.

I havent read the entire thread and i dont really want to get too involved in this (So ima mute), but as previously argued before, taking statements even in the guidebook to exact literal just opens up a ton of RWBY's consistency issues when it comes to power display, let alone every other factor. I'd say its better to just keep it as 'higher' and maybe bring up doubling in vs threads if its a big factor.

Allow me to provide an ACTUAL compromise:

Adam blocked 3 hits and threw them back to damage Yang’s arm, so let’s say a 6x difference cuts through Yang’s Aura.

In an earlier key, she AND Weiss can endure Flynt’s trumpet quartet which is literally just four combined attacks, so hey, consistency. 4x is not enough to hurt them through their Aura directly, 6x is.

But in the same fight Yang gets her Aura cut through by a 6x attack… she withstands a 13x hit Adam, which is = to a 26x attack.

She downgraded from enduring a 26x hit to being cut through by a 6x hit. Quite strange I’d say. But hey, we can chalk that up to an outlier, no?

A MASSIVE issue then comes when Adam over here tanks a 140x attack like an absolute monster, but hey, maybe his aura durability is just that high considering his storage is insane anyway, right? Adam just built different I suppose?

Except here’s my problem: Why would they be able to hurt him at all or even make him flinch if his Aura is 140x their attacks.

Aura is a forcefield. It stops attacks if they are too weak.

Amber, Vs Emerald and Mercury, literally took NO damage from them with her Aura when she powered up.

Yang, when she powers up with Burn, takes NO damage from people previously able to hurt her pretty bad. Her Aura just flat out gets stronger in response as she releases the energy.

If Adam genuinely has a 140x durability Aura (meaning a Small City level+ forcefield), then how the HELL was he flinching from their attacks? How were they hurting or pushing him back? If his Aura is enough to just endure a 140x attack, arguably TANK it since this was after all his fighting and the hits HE took, then why did he not just block their hits like Amber does?

So if you want a compromise? Considering the attacks and hit counts currently given? Up to 6x should be their limit. It’s quite explicit that THAT is when Adam cut through her Aura but didn’t completely shatter it, which in itself matters a LOT.

If an attack is strong enough, it will cut through aura without shattering it, essentially ignoring the “storage” part of the Aura. This means attacks that are strong enough to shatter your Aura are more akin to “the limit” than anything, while one’s that get through are “past the limit.”

Does this make logical sense to everyone so far?

How does this explain Nora, Ren surviving dust Hazels attacks when he is trying to kill them?

Like bro electricity zapped Nora trying to kill her, yet it didn't break her Aura despite her being 7-C and him being low 7-B

So Adam's aura during that time period being that strong isn't that unreasonable (this only applies to anyone who has survived this level attack btw, not for everyone and only for post haven keys)

Like bro electricity zapped Nora trying to kill her, yet it didn't break her Aura despite her being 7-C and him being low 7-B
It's shown Nora has a pretty natural immunity to Electricity, + her Semblance absorbing it in the moment to make her stronger as she's getting zapped. Theres a limit sure, but clearly the gap wasn't wide enough to outright kill her (Not that the story was going to let Nora die at that moment either).
Im not sure Hazel was exactly bloodlusted to kill anyone there except Oscar/Ozpin too, so he was likely holding back to make his 'point' to Ozpin about letting children suffer for his goals.

It's shown Nora has a pretty natural immunity to Electricity, + her Semblance absorbing it in the moment to make her stronger as she's getting zapped. Theres a limit sure, but clearly the gap wasn't wide enough to outright kill her (Not that the story was going to let Nora die at that moment either).
Im not sure Hazel was exactly bloodlusted to kill anyone there except Oscar/Ozpin too, so he was likely holding back to make his 'point' to Ozpin about letting children suffer for his goals.
But we have seen Nora's aura can't absorb too much electricity as shown in vol 8 with her aura breaking after absorbing too much electricity

Hazel said "how many more children need to die" to Ozpin as he was electricity zapping Nora despite not knowing her semblance

How does this explain Nora, Ren surviving dust Hazels attacks when he is trying to kill them?

The same Hazel who was getting damaged by 7-C Oscar? The same Hazel who should have just been tanking attacks from the 7-C characters?

The same Hazel that full force punched Oscar with dust infusions and didn’t even make his aura shimmer? The same Oscar who got hit with Lionhart’s duel disk think and took so much damage he had to hold his arm in pain despite his Aura not breaking? But was enduring punch after punch from Hazel with far less pain or effect?

The same Hazel who LOST to the 7-C characters off screen? The same Hazel who failed to do any meaningful damage with a physical strike to anyone in that fight except Qrow?

If anything, either everybody should be Low7-B downscaling from Hazel or Hazel needs a 7-C key cause no that DOESN’T make any sense. Volume 5 is the most inconsistent piece of fighting in the entire series including Adam tanking a 140x attack, so yeah, I’m not taking that seriously.

Hazel is literally hitting everyone in that fight and they just kinda take the hits like they would anyone else that’s there. Only times he hits someone with significant effect is when he uses fire+lightning dust to one shot Weiss’s Jaune-amped Queen Lancer (which Lionhart could push back/hurt and block attacks from btw), lightning punch on Qrow and a lightning blast on Ren, both of which are LIGHTNING so durability doesn’t even matter since no one but Nora resists it.

But we have seen Nora's aura can't absorb too much electricity as shown in vol 8 with her aura breaking after absorbing too much electricity
Yes, hence why i acknowledged its limit previously, but I wouldnt say Hazels one shard of electricity dust is comparable to whatever was being made to power that Atlas facility.
Hazel said "how many more children need to die" to Ozpin as he was electricity zapping Nora despite not knowing her semblance
Yeah, so he was slowly trying to overwhelm Nora's aura without knowing she essentially tanks that form of dust to make herself stronger. He wasn't completely bloodlusted to Nora though, and the difference clearly wasn't enough to oneshot her.

Also yh i agree with King. V5 RWBY Haven Fight is probably the worst showing of power scaling this show has

The same Hazel who was getting damaged by 7-C Oscar? The same Hazel who should have just been tanking attacks from the 7-C characters?

The same Hazel that full force punched Oscar with dust infusions and didn’t even make his aura shimmer? The same Oscar who got hit with Lionhart’s duel disk think and took so much damage he had to hold his arm in pain despite his Aura not breaking? But was enduring punch after punch from Hazel with far less pain or effect?

The same Hazel who LOST to the 7-C characters off screen? The same Hazel who failed to do any meaningful damage to anyone in that fight except Qrow?

If anything, either everybody should be Low7-B downscaling from Hazel or Hazel needs a 7-C key cause no that DOESN’T make any sense. Volume 5 is the most inconsistent piece of fighting in the entire series including Adam tanking a 140x attack, so yeah, I’m not taking that seriously.

Hazel is literally hitting everyone in that fight and they just kinda take the hits like they would anyone else that’s there. Only times he hits someone with significant effect is when he uses fire+lightning dust to one shot Weiss’s Jaune-amped Queen Lancer (which Lionhart could push back/hurt and block attacks from btw), lightning punch on Qrow and a lightning blast on Ren, both of which are LIGHTNING so durability doesn’t even matter since no one but Nora resists it.
But dust Hazel harmed Qrow who never trained at all and is low 7-B throughout the series

But dust Hazel harmed Qrow who never trained at all and is low 7-B throughout the series
Then you get why this is so inconsistent and why that fight is so bad.

Why did Lionhart do more damage to Oscar with a duel disk blast (something that other characters were blocking) than Hazel did with several punches over the course of the fight?

Because that fight is trash and the writers are terrible at power scaling, on top of setting Qrow at a level no one should even be TOUCHING during this fight.

You can’t even downscale them, because Hazel is ALREADY downscaling, along with Qrow, to 1 megaton.

It makes no logical sense why Hazel is not tanking attacks and one tapping everyone here other than Qrow.

But he isn’t. And in fact, he LOST to them in a straight up fight off screen. He hits Oscar several times and only sends him flying with no notable injuries, but Lionhart blasts him with the duel disk and suddenly his arm is messed up.

Oscar, who is the WEAKEST combatant there, is able to hurt Hazel with his cane. Ozpin taking over is irrelevant, the aura capacity and body are the same, he just used it better. Meaning a 7-C body can hurt Hazel while he’s drugged up with dust and bloodlusted against Ozpin.

Do you see the issues going on here? Hazel is one big, fat outlier for that whole encounter.

Lol, I went back to see the fight where Emerald and Mercury have basically given up, and Hazel is literally just standing there vibing. Like he’s not even noticeably hurt or anything he’s just chilling like the fights over. Idk if they even beat him or not but Emerald and Mercury sure seem to think so.

Either way, back on topic:

Hell no should anyone be scaling to anyone in that v5 inconsistent wreck of a fight.

I'm not sure how I missed this CRT but hell the **** no to everything this CRT is trying to argue

300x amp makes absolutely zero sense in the context of anything, the amount of seconds Flynt blows his trumpet being used as separate hits makes no sense when the attack one singular soundwave being blasted consistently, and the amount of hits Adam and Yang take in the volume 6 fight should not apply in the slightest to their amps because the fight constantly contradicts the stated function of their amps

Also Adam is able to cut Yang's arm off because of their AP difference, it was just able to cut clean through her Aura because of how strong he was

Last edited:
Lol, I went back to see the fight where Emerald and Mercury have basically given up, and Hazel is literally just standing there vibing. Like he’s not even noticeably hurt or anything he’s just chilling like the fights over. Idk if they even beat him or not but Emerald and Mercury sure seem to think so.

Either way, back on topic:

Hell no should anyone be scaling to anyone in that v5 inconsistent wreck of a fight.
Just because something is inconsistent doesn’t mean it’s not canon. It’s why we take the highest feats from each character. Other than that, I am okay with just like settling with a double multiplier, since that is pretty clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back