• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s scaling his aura to it, which did contain it. His semblance is literally called “Aura Arms.” And Aura is what buffs up RWBH characters and
Tbh even I say don't scale them to the bomb

Either way the bomb being city level means they'd still die to it even if they're like baseline small city level or large town level+ via downscaling from Qrow who made half power fall Maiden Cinder run away

Either way the bomb being city level means they'd still die to it even if they're like baseline small city level or large town level+ via downscaling from Qrow who made half power fall Maiden Cinder run away
? If Vine’s aura could contain it, and characters like Yang could straight up beat him and contend with characters who are narratively stronger than Vine, like the Maidens, then they’d scale to his aura feat.

This way it doesn't change the power gap between full power Maidens and atlas arc characters + explains how they can survive multiple hits from full power Maiden without Aura to protect them from stronger attacks (Examples: Weiss and Winter) as Full Power Maidens do stomp them but not to the point of a one shot difference

This way it doesn't change the power gap between full power Maidens and atlas arc characters + explains how they can survive multiple hits from full power Maiden without Aura to protect them from stronger attacks (Examples: Weiss and Winter) as Full Power Maidens do stomp them but not to the point of a one shot difference
Again, I wouldn’t say they stomped them. Weiss was directly said in the director’s commentary to be able to hold her own.

Again, I wouldn’t say they stomped them. Weiss was directly said in the director’s commentary to be able to hold her own.
Yeah, hold her off with summons to block attacks but her attacks were not really affective

She got stomped but not one shot

@Chariot190 Ruby had to enter the cannon of the colossus and blast a weakspot to overload the cannon and break itself apart while also trying to escape the explosion. Ruby damaging it is taking things out of context since she was hitting a weakspot in the first place.
Figured, I remember it being mentioned she scratched it in an old Dargoo CRT which is why I was asking.

Though ultimately I'd personally say neither warrants actual scaling to it.

I mean the bomb in Android 16 is dumb tbh

Like how is a bomb thats compared to a nuke by bulma able to kill star level characters ☠💀🗿
radiation, heat, idk,
tbf though, DBZ is a verse that has, quite literally hundreds and hundreds of feats that eclipse a nuke in power, hell, Goku straight up kicked a nuke away in the RR Saga, nukes came and went, 16 having some ultra mega nuke, even if taken as just a mere nuke, can be handwaved when even Demon King Piccolo is demonstrably doing nuke level stuff on screen and quite literally everyone has taken a beyond nuke level explosion to the face and hadn't so much as flinched by that point.
RWBY is not like that, you can't open an episode of RWBY and grab a dozen random blasts that make a nuke look like a sparkler.

Anyway, scaling bro to the bomb, is worse than when we used to scale everyone's favorite bug to uh, this.

Yeah, hold her off with summons to block attacks but her attacks were not really affective

She got stomped but not one shot
If she was able to hold her off and block her attacks, then that’s not a stomp. A stomp would be just being taken out within the first second. And if we scale her to Winter, her sister was straight up able to cut off her Grimm arm. While it had no aura to directly protect it, it was still tough enough to support her maiden strength and powers.

Figured, I remember it being mentioned she scratched it in an old Dargoo CRT which is why I was asking.

radiation, heat, idk,
tbf though, DBZ is a verse that has, quite literally hundreds and hundreds of feats that eclipse a nuke in power, hell, Goku straight up kicked a nuke away in the RR Saga, nukes came and went, 16 having some ultra mega nuke, even if taken as just a mere nuke, can be handwaved when even Demon King Piccolo is demonstrably doing nuke level stuff on screen and quite literally everyone has taken a beyond nuke level explosion to the face and hadn't so much as flinched by that point.
RWBY is not like that, you can't open an episode of RWBY and grab a dozen random blasts that make a nuke look like a sparkler.

Anyway, scaling bro to the bomb, is worse than when we used to scale everyone's favorite bug to uh, this.
Again, yall are ignoring how the verses’ powers work. Vine had to have been powering that bubble with his own aura for it to even work. And none of that had been addressed at all.

Woah woah woah. The RWBY cast can absolutely scale to the maidens.
Well I decided to go by your own points one by one after watching the fights in question, so let's see if they can scale to Maidens or not:
Weiss in particular was able to block and survive multiple hits from a bloodlusted Cinder. She even survived a blast that was underneath her with no aura and survived. The director’s commentary even states that Weiss was able to hold her own for a bit.
So this is confusing to me because earlier in the fight, Cinder is able to quite honestly overwhelm Team RWBY in a 1v4 fight yet Weiss does better in a 1v1 and survives an explosion from Cinder WITHOUT Aura? I'm not going to lie, I find that pretty fishy. Plus the director's commentary doesn't mean much to me because based off how she performed, Weiss can only hold her own for a meager amount of time and not to such an extent that it qualifies for downscaling.
Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury were able to straight up beat Amber as well
I watched the fight in question and "defeat" in context is after Amber's Aura is shattered and she's shot in the back with an arrow from Cinder. I'd also like to mention that whenever Amber used her Maiden abilities, she'd easily blow the three away and overwhelm them collectively so I don't think this means much.
The Ace-Ops were able to contend and restrain a Maiden Penny
Same issue as the Amber situation: Penny was only able to be restrained after Marrow used his Semblance to freeze her in place and, up until that point, was able to fend off the Ace Ops' collective assault without signs of her Aura being damaged. Plus every time she used her Maiden powers, she'd blow them back overwhelmingly so it's not like they defeated her directly.

Winter cut off Cinder’s arm and managed to hold her off without any aura
Cinder's arm isn't protected by Aura unlike the rest of her body because it's Grimm, this was something stated by Raven in V5 after she broke one of Cinder's swords and one of the shards pierced through her arm. Also I saw the fight and, honestly, how can it be said that Winter held her off when she AND Penny were getting their asses handed to them either individually and together? That fight showed that Cinder was above both of them till Penny became the Winter Maiden.

Bottom line: After analyzing all of the above? All of the scaling is not what's shown in context and, as stated earlier, I am firmly against downscaling RWBY and co to the Maidens in any form in any capacity. Sorry mate, I'm just not seeing it

radiation, heat, idk,

Anyways yeah, I agree they don't scale to the bomb but as I said

It's city level, aka below small city level (baseline mind you) and below large town level+

Didn't Cinder punch with her Grimm arm and being able to handle clashing blades with other maidens like Raven with her Grimm arm?

Just bc it doesn't have Aura doesn't mean it's not comparable to her base durability + winter cut off her grimm arm off guard too

Again, yall are ignoring how the verses’ powers work. Vine had to have been powering that bubble with his own aura for it to even work. And none of that had been addressed at all.
Maybe, but, when literally everyone is like "yeah we'll die", I don't quite think scaling to the bomb is what the writers had in mind.
And given it required a sacrifice to do, do you not see the issue of
Dude sacrifices himself to contain bomb > He "Scales" to bomb > everyone scales to him > so they scale to bomb.

Shit don't add up lad.

Honestly, I think we should separate Aura Enhanced stats from their natural stats, but no one wants to do that sadly.

The Ace opts took multiple attacks from Maiden Penny and kept coming at her

Although the Maidens full power is massively above Atlas arc characters i do agree, but scaling to half of their power (for Qrow level characters), then downscaling from Qrow into probably baseline or high end large town level+ (for team rwby level characters) isn't unbelievable

Well I decided to go by your own points one by one after watching the fights in question, so let's see if they can scale to Maidens or not:

So this is confusing to me because earlier in the fight, Cinder is able to quite honestly overwhelm Team RWBY in a 1v4 fight yet Weiss does better in a 1v1 and survives an explosion from Cinder WITHOUT Aura? I'm not going to lie, I find that pretty fishy. Plus the director's commentary doesn't mean much to me because based off how she performed, Weiss can only hold her own for a meager amount of time and not to such an extent that it qualifies for downscaling.

I watched the fight in question and "defeat" in context is after Amber's Aura is shattered and she's shot in the back with an arrow from Cinder. I'd also like to mention that whenever Amber used her Maiden abilities, she'd easily blow the three away and overwhelm them collectively so I don't think this means much.

Same issue as the Amber situation: Penny was only able to be restrained after Marrow used his Semblance to freeze her in place and, up until that point, was able to fend off the Ace Ops' collective assault without signs of her Aura being damaged. Plus every time she used her Maiden powers, she'd blow them back overwhelmingly so it's not like they defeated her directly.

Cinder's arm isn't protected by Aura unlike the rest of her body because it's Grimm, this was something stated by Raven in V5 after she broke one of Cinder's swords and one of the shards pierced through her arm. Also I saw the fight and, honestly, how can it be said that Winter held her off when she AND Penny were getting their asses handed to them either individually and together? That fight showed that Cinder was above both of them till Penny became the Winter Maiden.

Bottom line: After analyzing all of the above? All of the scaling is not what's shown in context and, as stated earlier, I am firmly against downscaling RWBY and co to the Maidens in any form in any capacity. Sorry mate, I'm just not seeing it
So, you’re literally looking at Weiss contending with Cinder, along with the creators directly stating they she is able to contend with Cinder, and saying “Nah?” With Amber it’s even worse. You literally see Cinder break her aura with her arrows and just ignore it too? Like, I don’t see the logic at all.

Chariot said it perfectly. There's no scenario where anyone scales to the bomb and the story makes sense anymore.
And I’m saying that Vine still contains it. Like, we can see he contains it. And he does so by his aura. Which every single character does uses. I get the narrative angle you are going at. But we cannot just ignore that Vine contained the bomb with his own aura as part of the narrative too.

The Ace opts took multiple attacks from Maiden Penny and kept coming at her

Although the Maidens full power is massively above Atlas arc characters i do agree, but scaling to half of their power (for Qrow level characters), then downscaling from Qrow into probably baseline or high end large town level+ (for team rwby level characters) isn't unbelievable
Weiss took a bloodlusted hits from Cinder and lived. Amber was using her full power against Team CME and still lost. Pyrrha, again, forced Cinder to using a nuclear option by summoning the Grimm Dragon.

Didn't Cinder punch with her Grimm arm and being able to handle clashing blades with other maidens like Raven with her Grimm arm?

Just bc it doesn't have Aura doesn't mean it's not comparable to her base durability + winter cut off her grimm arm off guard too

Note how Cinder is able to handle the force of her clashes with Maiden Raven with her Grimm arm, Aura just doesn't protect it meaning it scales to her base durability basically

If she swung as sword or blocked a strike with a arm that's weaker then Maiden Raven it would've snapped like a twig without aura

And I’m saying that Vine still contains it. Like, we can see he contains it. And he does so by his aura. Which every single character does uses. I get the narrative angle you are going at. But we cannot just ignore that Vine contained the bomb with his own aura as part of the narrative too.
Yes, as part of a sacrificial ploy, a thing he would not have needed to do if everyone could just use theirs to tank the bomb anyway. The very premise for why he had to do that, is because they do not scale. If they did like you're arguing, he would never have had to.

So, what is the inconsistency? PIS even? I'd wager it's the fact that he "scales".
The scene is evidently meant to be played as "wow he sacrificed himself to save us", not "wow his forcefield is nuke level, and thus so are we, why'd he sacrifice himself again?".
I would get where you're coming from if they had a slew of feats at this level to where their not scaling is the inconsistency in the narrative, but they really don't have much for dudes at his level to suggest as much (I want to stress, at his level, dudes above him obviously have good shit).

Note how Cinder is able to handle the force of her clashes with Maiden Raven with her Grimm arm, Aura just doesn't protect it meaning it scales to her base durability basically

If she swung as sword or blocked a strike with a arm that's weaker then Maiden Raven it would've snapped like a twig without aura

Eh to be fair her grimm arm could be stronger and more durable than her natural body (without Aura or magic enhancements).

I can concede that her Grimm arm isn't much weaker then her durability, but again she did overwhelm Winter and Penny in that fight and was caught off guard so I still it's pretty dubious to say that Winter "held" her own
So, you’re literally looking at Weiss contending with Cinder, along with the creators directly stating they she is able to contend with Cinder, and saying “Nah?”
Well when I see Weiss struggling earlier in the fight when she had her teammates and Penny by her side, yet is able to later contend with Cinder solo and survived an explosion with no Aura? Yeah I think it's bullshit based off what's established in even that same fight, and I don't think the creators' statements mean much when in context it's shown she can only do so for a very short amount of time and not any significant time.

With Amber it’s even worse. You literally see Cinder break her aura with her arrows and just ignore it too? Like, I don’t see the logic at all.
When I see Amber being able to overwhelm Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury with her Maiden powers even with her Aura broken? Yeah I don't get either why that matters, especially when Amber was getting mind bended by Emerald's Semblance a few times during that fight.

I can concede that her Grimm arm isn't much weaker then her durability, but again she did overwhelm Winter and Penny in that fight and was caught off guard so I still it's pretty dubious to say that Winter "held" her own

Well when I see Weiss struggling earlier in the fight when she had her teammates and Penny by her side, yet is able to later contend with Cinder solo and survived an explosion with no Aura? Yeah I think it's bullshit based off what's established in even that same fight, and I don't think the creators' statements mean much when in context it's shown she can only do so for a very short amount of time and not any significant time.

When I see Amber being able to overwhelm Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury with her Maiden powers even with her Aura broken? Yeah I don't get either why that matters, especially when Amber was getting mind bended by Emerald's Semblance a few times during that fight.
So you’re basically saying you know more than the series director’s? I’m sorry but that is ridiculous. As for the Weiss thing, that’s even more absurd since Team RWBY were still able to keep up with Cinder. Like, Cinder wasn’t one shotting them all. They were still fighting.

Yes, as part of a sacrificial ploy, a thing he would not have needed to do if everyone could just use theirs to tank the bomb anyway. The very premise for why he had to do that, is because they do not scale. If they did like you're arguing, he would never have had to.

So, what is the inconsistency? PIS even? I'd wager it's the fact that he "scales".
The scene is evidently meant to be played as "wow he sacrificed himself to save us", not "wow his forcefield is nuke level, and thus so are we, why'd he sacrifice himself again?".
I would get where you're coming from if they had a slew of feats at this level to where their not scaling is the inconsistency in the narrative, but they really don't have much for dudes at his level to suggest as much (I want to stress, at his level, dudes above him obviously have good shit).
The Bomb was going to hit Mantle as well, full of civilians. Thats another big reason why they were freaking out. If it were just them, they would just get on the airship and fly out of there. Qrow tries to turn the autopilot off, spending precious seconds that he could be escaping to try and save the people below. I am saying that this is the best scaling feat we got at this level for RWBY. And it being this sacrificial ploy like you said works as a very high end for RWBY. Like, if they had to put all of their energy into one attack.

And also, nobody wants to be near a giant bomb. Any sane person would try and get away. The fact that Vine actually contained it was a miracle. And, funny enough, the other Ace Op members were actually confident it would succeed since they actually stopped their airship to look at it. So they know how powerful his aura is.

So you’re basically saying you know more than the series director’s? I’m sorry but that is ridiculous.
Okay first of all, I didn't insinuate that I know more then the directors in my comment. My only claim was that their statement of Weiss being able to hold her own for a bit isn't really good evidence for comparability, especially when it contradicts how she did earlier in the fight when she had people assiting her.

As for the Weiss thing, that’s even more absurd since Team RWBY were still able to keep up with Cinder. Like, Cinder wasn’t one shotting them all. They were still fighting.
You know what I think is more absurd then that? The idea that Weiss can somehow do better in a 1v1 against someone who, just minutes ago, was fending her and her teammates off without much effort and was fighting comparably to Maiden Penny. You don't need to one shot someone in order to be much stronger then them FYI, especially when Cinder is fighting off four Huntresses simultaneously without any struggle on her part would indicate that she was significantly above them.

The Bomb was going to hit Mantle as well, full of civilians. Thats another big reason why they were freaking out. If it were just them, they would just get on the airship and fly out of there. Qrow tries to turn the autopilot off, spending precious seconds that he could be escaping to try and save the people below.
That'd be a fair point if they weren't included in that number count, the issue would not be "oh we're all gonna die" it'd become "oh no we have to save the civilians", from what I've seen that isn't how that sequence of events was portrayed. Worst-case scenario, why even fly away, spend all the time they could trying to save innocents and when the bomb explodes, just tank it yeah? Worse case, they've saved lives that would have died.

Me and you both know that isn't what was going on.
I am saying that this is the best scaling feat we got at this level for RWBY. And it being this sacrificial ploy like you said works as a very high end for RWBY. Like, if they had to put all of their energy into one attack.
And that is the issue, "hey here's this attack that will kill us, that is way beyond everything we scale to at this point, oh but we DO scale to it, we just lied about it killing us". Why even say it poses a threat to them? If they can tank it but expend all their aura, well so what? That happens all the time.

You've essentially just admitted that not only is this feat way above what they've shown, but it's also an extreme high-end, wouldn't even scale to them normally even if we somehow went with using it, and doesn't even factor in the numerous lil caveats like bro was literally killing himself, why assume this would scale to anything but a suicidal effort?

There's just so many things that is wrong with scaling this feat, assuming you even take it as legit and not just a character sacrifice that you aren't supposed to tear apart to get big number for battleboarding from.

That'd be a fair point if they weren't included in that number count, the issue would not be "oh we're all gonna die" it'd become "oh no we have to save the civilians", from what I've seen that isn't how that sequence of events was portrayed. Worst-case scenario, why even fly away, spend all the time they could trying to save innocents and when the bomb explodes, just tank it yeah? Worse case, they've saved lives that would have died.

Me and you both know that isn't what was going on.

And that is the issue, "hey here's this attack that will kill us, that is way beyond everything we scale to at this point, oh but we DO scale to it, we just lied about it killing us". Why even say it poses a threat to them? If they can tank it but expend all their aura, well so what? That happens all the time.

You've essentially just admitted that not only is this feat way above what they've shown, but it's also an extreme high-end, wouldn't even scale to them normally even if we somehow went with using it, and doesn't even factor in the numerous lil caveats like bro was literally killing himself, why assume this would scale to anything but a suicidal effort?

There's just so many things that is wrong with scaling this feat, assuming you even take it as legit and not just a character sacrifice that you aren't supposed to tear apart to get big number for battleboarding from.
Believe me, this isn’t me going “le big number.” I think the Oscar feat and the Salem geyser feat are bull. It’s me legitimately believing in the scaling. Also, how would they try to save innocents if they only had thirty seconds left? Qrow said that the autopilot was locked, so they couldn’t just fly the plane away.

As for the narrative thing, yes I see your point. However, from my standpoint, I see Vine and his aura arms as something everyone can scale to. Team RWBY can beat him and, as explained before, can contend with Maidens, who would be narratively much stronger than him.

Believe me, this isn’t me going “le big number.” I think the Oscar feat and the Salem geyser feat are bull. It’s me legitimately believing in the scaling. Also, how would they try to save innocents if they only had thirty seconds left? Qrow said that the autopilot was locked, so they couldn’t just fly the plane away.
Aren't they literally hypersonic?

And even better, if you're arguing that they had such little time, why do the civs even matter?
They'd still be able to tank it, but again, evidently, that is not what was being demonstrated.
As for the narrative thing, yes I see your point. However, from my standpoint, I see Vine and his aura arms as something everyone can scale to. Team RWBY can beat him and,
And that's why it's bad and we won't use it.
You are arguing that a feat, a feat far beyond anything they've done by this point, a feat that, mind you, was made perfectly clear would have killed everyone, ultimately scales to everyone because they beat a dude, who contained it?

In a scene that cost him his life?

Yeah no, you're effectively scaling everyone off killing themselves, with zero feats to back them up being this level by your own admission, if that doesn't strike you as odd. I don't quite care what you call it, but it doesn't hold up, call the very fact he contained it PIS even, at the end of the day it's evident they shouldn't scale and there's no corroborating evidence on the contrary.
as explained before, can contend with Maidens, who would be narratively much stronger than him.
All I got from that was dudes that can beat him, can fight dudes way above him, so it's ok to scale him to the bomb that was going to kill everyone and then off him.

You might not realize it, but neither matter. RWBY fighting dudes much stronger than him doesn't make it ok to scale to the bomb as that doesn't affect the fact the bomb was gonna kill everyone, both could be true in a vacuum, but neither affects the other. RWBY beating him doesn't make it ok to scale to the bomb, as that doesn't affect the fact the bomb was gonna kill everyone.

It's two different facts that don't affect the issues at hand with no supporting feats.

I hard disagree with using the bomb as any means of scaling, especially when it's above everything else at that point. That's anything but a solid or reliable feat.
can we stop derailing about the bomb, it's not important as it scales to city level

these characters are either baseline small city level or baseline large town level+ with the scaling i gave above. meaning it will still kill them
I'd much rather discuss whatever it is you're getting at yes.
Your scaling involves scaling 1/2 to Maidens right? I assume there is, but is there an actual statement between Qrow (I think) and Cinder being 1/2?

@Chariot190 Actually I had a question in regards to explosions because it correlates with the whole Vine thing, and because you're part of the Calculation Group.

Does containing the radius of something like a bomb impact its destructive yield or does its power remain the same regardless? I ask this question because I decided to take a look at the Vine death scene and even though he contained the radius of the bomb with his Aura, he still died instantly from the explosion itself so if the destructive yield remains the same in explosions regardless of containment then it disqualifies Vine and others scaling to it when he's killed immediately.

@Chariot190 Actually I had a question in regards to explosions because it correlates with the whole Vine thing, and because you're part of the Calculation Group.

Does containing the radius of something like a bomb impact its destructive yield or does its power remain the same regardless? I ask this question because I decided to take a look at the Vine death scene and even though he contained the radius of the bomb with his Aura, he still died instantly from the explosion itself so if the destructive yield remains the same in explosions regardless of containment then it disqualifies Vine and others scaling to it when he's killed immediately.
What? You mean like making it so the blast couldn't expand completely? Yeah, if anything whatever is containing it would be even more impressive, due to surface area and preventing the expansion and not, ya know, breaking.
In fact I'm ******* with a feat atm that involves shoving a bunch of mass in a tight volume to get the durability/pressure that object can contain it's like 6 digit GPA.

But funny you mention that and area and rads, everyone dying to the bomb in theory is even worse, because of ISL, it ain't like everyone is hugging the bomb, if the bomb is fatal at even 1m away, that's almost a whole magnitude lower that serves as a cap. So, feat is even more fucky than you'd think
We're supposed to have moved away from this, I'm not gonna comment on the bomb any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back