• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sanji vs Law: North Blue Boys Face Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, i never said "Law can't cut his fire" at all, stop putting words in mouth:

"And how exactly will he cut Ifrit if Sanji is way faster than him and much smaller of a target than misery?

Regardless, we aren't denying at all that he could cut Ifrit (i don't want to enter the haki layers debate at all), but you know very well that Sanji can just create another Ifrit later and this still doesn't answer how good is Law's resistance to heat for when he gets hit (and he will)"

Literally one of my first posts in the first page
Law tanked Heavenly Bonbon which is a huge fireball from Prometheus, so..

We don't really know that. Diable Jambe burned Luffy. Prometheus burned a much stronger Luffy with heavenly Bon Bons.
Prometheus gets hotter, and so does Sanji. No real tell on how much.
And since when does resistance increase with AP? Unless Luffy got new feats he isn't any more resistant in chapter 1000 than he was in chapter 800.

Anyway, i thought Kid, Law and Luffy weren't affected by that fire attack, or did Prometheus burn Luffy in an other instance?

And since when does resistance increase with AP? Unless Luffy got new feats he isn't any more resistant in chapter 1000 than he was in chapter 800.

Anyway, i thought Kid, Law and Luffy weren't affected by that fire attack, or did Prometheus burn Luffy in an other instance?
They were slightly hurt by the attack.
Also Luffy was eventually tanking Bolo Breaths, which iirc can vaporize mountains, but was hurt by Heavenly Bonbon.
Basically, even if Law can't resist Sanji's heat a lot, he's not going to get vaporized by it or getting knocked unconscious by it any time soon. since he could at least take flames from Prometheus and still keep going for tens of minutes.

They were slightly hurt by the attack.
Also Luffy was eventually tanking Bolo Breaths, which iirc can vaporize mountains, but was hurt by Heavenly Bonbon.
You mean in G4? Who is an entirely different beast compared to the Base Luffy that Prometheus only slightly damaged.
Basically, even if Law can't resist Sanji's heat a lot, he's not going to get vaporized by it
Strawman, no one said that would happen at all.
or getting knocked unconscious by it any time soon.
Ehhhh

Sure? Again, no one said that would happen, the point is that AP+Dura Neg will cause a lot of damage that Law can't regen from, with each hit it will get worse and worse.
since he could at least take flames from Prometheus and still keep going for tens of minutes.
Yeah, a single flame attack that is at best as hot as DJ and less hot than Ifrit, imagine being hit by something you can't resist several times over across your whole body, especially weak areas which Sanji targets frequently.

Because burn marks are burn marks. It has nothing to do with AP. AP is a case of punching through things with fire, while heavenly bonbons just explode and visibly left Luffy burned a bit, much like Sanji's DJ burning him during WCI.
If anything Kid, Law and Luffy weren't effected by the explosion but sustained minor burns, so they didn't entirely resist it.

Because burn marks are burn marks. It has nothing to do with AP. AP is a case of punching through things with fire, while heavenly bonbons just explode and visibly left Luffy burned a bit, much like Sanji's DJ burning him during WCI.
If anything Kid, Law and Luffy weren't effected by the explosion but sustained minor burns, so they didn't entirely resist it.
What? What i said had nothing to do with that, he said Luffy had better resistance to fire during the rooftop fight compared to WCi because Luffy had gotten stronger, i have no idea what you're even talking about.

What? What i said had nothing to do with that, he said Luffy had better resistance to fire during the rooftop fight compared to WCi because Luffy had gotten stronger, i have no idea what you're even talking about.
I'm just answering your questions. If you're saying Luffy's resistance hasn't changed prior to the Kaido battle then heavenly bonbons and DJ both burn him.
DJ< Ifrit Jambe
Heavenly Bonbons< Misery

There's no definitive scale to hot hot either are except "greater than something that burned Luffy prior". Also heat doesn't matter for Law to begin with, he cuts you spatially, no amount of temperature is making a difference in the first place. Not like he's using his sword for direct contact.

I'm just answering your questions. If you're saying Luffy's resistance hasn't changed prior to the Kaido battle then heavenly bonbons and DJ both burn him.
DJ< Ifrit Jambe
Heavenly Bonbons< Misery
Okay but iirc Law wasn't directly hit by Misery at any moment so his resistance wouldn't scale to her... Indeed it would be more or less:

Law < Bonbons ~ DJ < Ifrit
There's no definitive scale to hot hot either are except "greater than something that burned Luffy prior".
Yeah, i am aware of that.
Also heat doesn't matter for Law to begin with, he cuts you spatially, no amount of temperature is making a difference in the first place. Not like he's using his sword for direct contact.
Again, no one is saying he can't cut the fire, he simply will not be able to do that.

This is the third time i am saying this, wtf.

Again, no one is saying he can't cut the fire, he simply will not be able to do that.
So you're not saying he can't cut the fire, you're saying he can't cut the fire??

Either way, we're treating it like Sanji will shoot fire torrents and Law will cut them in large amounts- the dude needs to get in close range and if Law's K-room blade goes through him he's getting toasted.
Nothing really changes the outcome that greatly

So you're not saying he can't cut the fire, you're saying he can't cut the fire??
Bruh, no:

And how exactly will he cut Ifrit if Sanji is way faster than him and much smaller of a target than misery?

Regardless, we aren't denying at all that he could cut Ifrit (i don't want to enter the haki layers debate at all), but you know very well that Sanji can just create another Ifrit later and this still doesn't answer how good is Law's resistance to heat for when he gets hit (and he will)
He could, but he won't do it.

Either way, we're treating it like Sanji will shoot fire torrents and Law will cut them in large amounts- the dude needs to get in close range and if Law's K-room blade goes through him he's getting toasted.
Nothing really changes the outcome that greatly
Sanji has speed to avoid K-Room or any of Law's offensive moves really, while being the most skilled of the two, with AP and Dura neg being on his side so CqC is 100% on Sanji's side here.

Bruh, no:

He could, but he won't do it.

Sanji has speed to avoid K-Room or any of Law's offensive moves really, while being the most skilled of the two, with AP and Dura neg being on his side so CqC is 100% on Sanji's side here.
Law is probably gonna throw a rock at him, and Sanji will just block, but Law uses Shambles on the rock right before it touches him and then ***** up his organs. He did that against Doffy, after all.

Law is probably gonna throw a rock at him, and Sanji will just block, but Law uses Shambles on the rock right before it touches him and then ***** up his organs. He did that against Doffy, after all.
because sanji has never seen law using shambles, right? and he's clearly slower than law and can't just react to the teleport, right?

because sanji has never seen law using shambles, right? and he's clearly slower than law and can't just react to the teleport, right?
Doffy saw Law use Shambles before and can react to him, but still wasn't able to stop him from switching places with Luffy to hit him.
So I don't think it'd be very different with Sanji.

Doffy saw Law use Shambles before and can react to him, but still wasn't able to stop him from switching places with Luffy to hit him.
So I don't think it'd be very different with Sanji.
Sanji can't just react, he is straight up faster and way more agile.

When did he injure them without dura neg?
Used Counter-Shock to make Big Mom cry out in pain twice (once on the roof and once while fighting alongside Kid)

And made Hybrid Kaido cough up blood with Injection Shot (with Kaido even saying Law's power impressed him), which doesn't use his DF and makes him scale way above Sanji's AP.

Well, his profile says that it scales to his normal AP and not his dura neg.
Not sure if it's dura neg or not but I'm just stating that he uses his fruit powers with that technique; As when used he has the Scan ability activated which his VC describes as "aiming for the opponent's vital spot", the technique is also shown utilizing Amputate ability in conjunction considering Trebol's attack was split by it.

As for whether it's a durability negating move, you could argue for it considering it passed through Kaidou's neck seemingly without actually piercing through his skin.

Not sure if it's dura neg or not but I'm just stating that he uses his fruit powers with that technique; As when used he has the Scan ability activated which his VC describes as "aiming for the opponent's vital spot", the technique is also shown utilizing Amputate ability in conjunction considering Trebol's attack was split by it.

As for whether it's a durability negating move, you could argue for it considering it passed through Kaidou's neck seemingly without actually piercing through his skin.
Regardless, he still hurt BM using counter shock which I don't think used dura neg.

And Law still matched Blackbeard in AP

I only responded to your comment on Law not using his DF with injection shot, not arguing here on where he scales relative to Sanii (Also the BB feat was done with KRoom which his profile treats as being higher in AP than base)
What about him clashing with Blackbeard's Quake Bubble?

And are all of Law's High 6-A feats due to dura-neg and not his actual AP?

Regardless, he still hurt BM using counter shock which I don't think used dura neg.
Electricity is pretty much dura neg by default, and yes i am aware fiction kinda ignores this but it's good to notice that Law's DF in itself is full of ways to dura neg and Oda has acknowledged electricity as a way to bypass durability and target the internal organs directly in the same arc Law did it.

So yeah, i see no reason to not treat Counter Shock as internal damage (i.e dura neg)

And are all of Law's High 6-A feats due to dura-neg and not his actual AP?
Idk why you're acting like Law has no High 6-A AP feats now since I said Injection Shot uses his fruit.
Base Law has:
  • His Takt Made Base Kaidou scream in pain (despite a lack of any visible damage)
  • Countershock damaged Base Big Mom twice.
  • Takt made soul amped Big Mom scream in pain, with her holding her head directly after the hit.

Awakening/Kroom Law has:
  • Broke soul amped Big Mom's Arm.
  • Clashed with the BB using the Gura Gura no Mi.

Last edited:
Ehhhhh

I mean, if you tell me Shock Wille (which broke BM's arm iirc) isn't dura neg then idk what even is dura neg.

Ehhhhh

I mean, if you tell me Shock Wille (which broke BM's arm iirc) isn't dura neg then idk what even is dura neg.
KRoom is Dura neg since shockwaves bypass skin etc and effect the insides of the opponent, but breaking bones the way Law did requires AP the same way Law making that giant hole through Onigashima and Wano required AP.

Idk why you're acting like Law has no High 6-A AP feats now since I said Injection Shot uses his fruit.
Base Law has:
  • His Takt Made Base Kaidou scream in pain (despite a lack of any visible damage)
Didn't know it made him scream in pain.
  • Countershock damaged Base Big Mom twice.
If this is legit AP and not dura neg, then fine.
Awakening/Kroom Law has:
  • Broke soul amped Big Mom's Arm.
  • Clashed with the BB using the Gura Gura no Mi.
Dura neg

I don't know why any of this matters, if anything it's just proving more why Law's dura neg is good enough to **** up Sanji's organs to the point where he won't be able to instantly regen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back