• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 5 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question.

I know Using the God Brothers and Salem isn't smart because they have no feats.

But is it okay to use High 7A Ozpin?

And shouldn't Prime Ozpin have the same abilities as the Modena since he gave them his power?

Poinciana1971 said:
We don't know if Maiden powers increase your physical strength or not but I think the Maiden's power isn't some major Tier changing boost and this episodes proves it.

The top tiers that includes Adam and Base Cinder can be 7-A.

Base Cinder broke through Amber's Maiden Barrier. (7-A)

Tyrian was hunting the Spring Maiden and unless you think he was going to talk to her then Salem was confident he could beat a Maiden.

Qrow thought that he and Leo would have been able to take on a Maiden and Raven.
Yeah, I don't know about that

Tyrian was simply tasked with searching for the spring maiden, not really hunting her. Cinder had to use Merc and emerald so that she could beat an inexperienced fall maiden, and she's comparable to Tyrian for being in Salem's inner circle. Not to mention Tyrian has his poison which would have been useful

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure maiden powers are shown to us when their eyes flash. Amber wasn't using her maiden powers until her eyes flashed, before hand she was fighting fairly well against 3 opponents, but they were all getting taken out after she started floating and shit. Raven had to mask her eyes to summon that storm aswell.

Raven was not using her 7-A maiden powers on Qrow, and they don't translate to her physical blows from what we can tell, it's simple magic that lets her control over an element and the weather, and that control alone makes her 7-A, other than that I don't think maidens should have it added as their actual strength

He obviously didn't mean just him and leo. He has his army of kids as well as a load of other hunters that he was going to recruit. As if Qrow and lionheart alone could beat Salem and her Entourage. He even says that they need all the help they can get back in V4 to even stand a chance of beating her, as well as Raven, a maiden herself, not confident on being able to best Salem, who is on the same base power as Qrow normally

I mean come on, Raven legit said not to waste her maiden power, showing she wasn't being serious at all. No one scales to them apart from Ozpin, Salem and other maidens

Are we seriously arguing this? Raven never used her Maiden powers up until now. Simple as that.

People seem to forget it's clearly a power that needs to be activated. Leo stated that "Qrow is equal to Raven", yet it's made VERY clear that he didn't know that Raven was the maiden.

Tyrion was hunting the Spring maiden just how Cinder was hunting the Fall maiden, yet it was made apparent that Cinder needed help, so she got Mercury and Emerald to support her.

Exactly ^

Gotta say though, Weiss did have an actual forcefield like aura surrounding her when she was being healed, but I still think it's bs they don't physically get touched.

its merely an intangible forcefield that buffs her defense and stuff, not physically prevents her from getting hurt, like I said though all along, Jaune was physically touching her wound as he was replenishing her aura, anyway

Not like that matters anymore since you got that match written off ey Weekly

I agree that no one scales to full Maiden, as of now but future episodes will prove that yes people like Qrow and Tyrian can fight Maidens... or not.

But as of now there is little to no proof.

Vernal needs to be placed at Unknown since she hasn't done anything but casually beat Weiss.

Oscar deserves a profile.

8-A, 7-B, or 7-A?

Oscar with Ozpin controlled is without question 7-B considering he was fighting a buffed up Hazel.

@Poinciana Vernal would be At least 8-A, che stomp weiss and casually killed her Arma Gigas

Oscar would likely be 7-B for stomping Leo and fighting Hazel

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx Literally look at the first fight between Leo and Oscar. There is no denying that Aura is a solid forcefield. Weiss got hurt because Vernal took her aura down first.
Nothing shows that's a solid forcefield, merely Oscar having to use up all his aura to tank one of those blasts, or merely buffing his defence up

And IK Weiss had her aura depleted, but when it was being replenished, Jaune still had his hand on her wound. Aura is a manifestation of the soul, souls aren't solid, its merely an actual 'aura' on which its energy that radiates off the body and protected

Solid forcefields dont reflect force back onto you, Forcefields are different to armour and helmets on the fact they don't actually touch your skin, and are able to take force on their own

But again, it doesn't matter

Okay, so the changes are as follows:

Raven changes to 7-A and gains all Maiden Abilities

Cinder gets body control and magic absorption with her Grimm Arm

Vernal gets At least 8-A for stomping Weiss and her Arma Gigas

Oscar gets 7-B+ for stomping Leo and fighting Hazel

The 7-A should be a separate tier tbh with raven using her maiden powers, since she hasn't done so before, and so people don't get confused when Qrow scales to her base

And honestly, Leo hasn't shown anything to justify being 7-B, he's a professional, but his main gimmick is the range guy, he was getting stomped on by normal Oscar, who no matter how much plot has been given to make him stronger, shouldn't be able to do that to a pro. Oscar is still extremely new to the fighting and stuff aswell, and could only stand a chance when Ozpin took over for him for Hazel. No way has normal Oscar already surpassed the mid Tiers.

Still a bit of a let down from Hazel and his backstory though...needs more detail on Ozpins involvement other than her just dying while attending his school. But either way he's awesome.

@Jinx Ozpin taking over Oscar's body doesnt make him stronger, only more skilled. There's no reason Leo, a member of Ozpin's former inner circle, shouldnt be comparable to someone like Glynda

There is nothing that implies that Oscar got stronger only that he needed his skill.

Heck Oscar took a full hit from a Bloodlusted Hazel without his Aura dropping.

So unless his Dura changes and not his AP then Oscar doesn't get stronger when changing to Ozpin.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx Ozpin taking over Oscar's body doesnt make him stronger, only more skilled. There's no reason Leo, a member of Ozpin's former inner circle, shouldnt be comparable to someone like Glynda
Leo got his ass handed to him by an inexperienced child, not even Ozpin controlled, and his main weapon is something that's far ranged, meaning he sucks at a physical fight. He's not 7-B

And Ozpin controlling Oscar is of course more skilled, but that honestly wouldn't make base Oscar, literally the new kid who has only just learnt to friggin fight stronger than people like Mercury, Vernal, Yang, etc. Hazel was demolishing normal Oscar, and was even beating Qrow, Ozpin Oscar just knew where to hit, and hazels fighting style but even that didn't hurt him perse, just knocked him down a little.

Oscar is honestly 8-A at most due to the ridiculous plot and pacing of this volume, nothing above the rest of the stronger cast though, but when he's controlled by Ozpin, he has the skill, reactions, etc of Ozpin which allows him to keep with Hazel, not physical strength.

Again, Oscar has never shown anything to prove that he himself can fight against mid tiers such as Leo until now. Has never fought in his life until he came across Ozpin and the rest. At best this an outlier but i forgot outliers don't exist when it comes to RWBY. Jumping from 8-A to 7-B is an immense outlier even if we want to use off scaling

You have no proof that Oscar is 8-A besides you don't like it.

Unless you can prove that Oscar gets stronger with Ozpin possessing him then Oscar is 7-B for fighting and taking hits from Hazel.

Oscar took a hit from Hazel without Ozpin and he didn't lose his aura. Hazel is bloodlusted so I doubt he's holding back.

He also sent Qrow flying so Hazel is 7-B and Oscar is 7-B.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Again, Oscar has never shown anything to prove that he himself can fight against mid tiers such as Leo until now. Has never fought in his life until he came across Ozpin and the rest. At best this an outlier but i forgot outliers don't exist when it comes to RWBY. Jumping from 8-A to 7-B is an immense outlier even if we want to use off scaling
Liteally the first and only people people we've seen Oscar fight are two 7-Bs, he hasnt fought anyone else. It's literally impossible for this to be an outlier.

@Jinx Im sorry but there is no way that Oscar isnt 7-B aside from you not liking that he's 7-B. Everything points to him being that level.

I see we're completely ignoring the fact that a inexperienced, unskilled and young boy who couldn't even manage to overcome Ruby in cqc can suddenly fight against pro's without an issue. Do whatever you want since Outliers clearly don't apply to RWBY.

This is friggin Oscar. He's like, the new Jaune right now, there's no way normal Oscar is 7-B. He lost his aura to Leo but then miraculously got it back while he was fighting Hazel? Its definitely PIS the fact he still tanked that punch with his aura depleted. Leo is 7-B with his weapon, which one shot Oscars aura anyway, but he's weak as hell in a physical fight

The only reason Ozpin Oscar kept up with Hazel was because of Ozpins skill and Hazels mere brute strength being easily predictable. Next you'll be telling me Oscar is greater than Qrow cause he put up a better PIS fight. Ozpin legit said Oscar couldnt beat Hazel.

Oscar legit surpassed the main cast after a few measly training sessions apparently within a few episodes

The Everlasting said:
>outlier

These are literally his only feats. Him not matching RWBY in CQC is lack of skill, not power.

The outlier is him suddenly being superior to the main cast despite him being extremely inexperienced unskilled and young. That's an outlier.

Oscar surpass them after training for 1 month with Ozpin saying Oscar will grow at a rapid pace.

Team RWBY were shocked at how well Oscar was improving. It doesn't matter how you feel since Oscar is being potrayed to be 7-B and Ozpin was fine with letting Oscar fight Leo.

Also big one hear. Oscar not Ozpin took a punch from Bloodlusted Hazel, a similar punch send Qrow flying.

So Oscar's Dura is without question 7-B so there is no reason his AP is less then his Dura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back