• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 5 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knightofannihilation666 said:
The outlier is him suddenly being superior to the main cast despite him being extremely inexperienced unskilled and young. That's an outlier.
That is not even close to a legitimate reason to dismiss his feats

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx Im sorry but there is no way that Oscar isnt 7-B aside from you not liking that he's 7-B. Everything points to him being that level.

Do you literally think Oscar has suddenly surpassed everyone else within the matter of a few episodes and a few training sessions. Leo is shit in a physical fight himself, and Ozpin legit said Oscar couldnt beat Hazel. I don't know what the hell more you need.

Pretty rich coming from someone who was instantly willing to upgrade the top tiers to maiden level because of scaling to a non maiden powered Raven, its more the fact that you like 7-B Oscar rather than me disliking it (Which I don't, I'm a supporter of RWBY)

And Ozpin said that he would inherit his muscle memory in time, but no ******* way has Oscar already surpassed Qrow and everyone else in the matter of a few training sessions, are you all freaking kidding me. Oscar is still legit the weakest and it's honestly stupid how you all think he's Hazel level. His aura legit depleted after one shot from Leo, its PIS how he survived that punch, on which Hazel was going to easily kill him anyway

His aura didnt deplete from that attack from Leo, and even if it did it wouldnt be PIS because he was still able to harm Hazel with physical attacks meaning he has durability on that level

It does you legit saw Oscars body flash green. That shows his aura depletes, its even in the evidence you used to support aura being some solid forcefield.

Oscar has Ozpin's power. He is just inexperienced and lacks any skill.

Oscar took hits from both Leo and Hazel, both of which being able to trade blows with Qrow. and Oscar is even harming Hazel.

Oscar does not even deserve his own page. He should merely be a separate tab on Ozpin's page, since they are one in the same and Oscar as he is now is a result of Ozpin's power.

Muscle-memory =/= power. Muscle memory is a term used to describe someone's instincts or in this case, their skill.

The Everlasting said:
@Jinx
The entire crux of your argument is incredulity.

Oscar fought Hazel, ergo, he scales to Hazel. It doesn't matter how ridiculous you think it is.
Ozpin Oscar, who had the skill and reactions of normal Ozpin fought Hazel, Ozpin legit said Oscar was going to lose, he even had to force Oscar out of control. Normal Oscar took one punch as PIS after already having his aura depleted, and then was going to obviously get killed. He never even hurt Hazel perse, simply knocked him down, and that was mainly by Ozpins skill and battle knowledge, as well as knowing Hazel. Hazel can still fight.

Yeah, 7-B, especially when all his aura was depleted by one bullet from Leo, and of which Qrow could easily take on. Leo has been fodder the whole fight, he never traded blows, he only has that ranged weapon of his and then his ass being physically handed to him by Oscar.

And b4 Oscar can now beat Qrow, Mercury etc.

Oscar is literally being possessed by Ozpin and his aura. Oscar would flat out lose to Qrow, Hazel, etc because he lacks the skill and experience necessary to take on such opponents. Ozpin taking over allows him to fight in the child's place.

WeeklyBattles said:
His aura being visible =/= his aura depleted
Yes it is

The aura flashes when it's been depleted. Thats literally how the writers tell you their aura is gone. You aren't honestly denying this are you?

Jinx666 said:
WeeklyBattles said:
His aura being visible =/= his aura depleted
Yes it is
The aura flashes when it's been depleted. You aren't honestly denying this are you?
No it doesn't since we saw Ruby's flash three times during her fight with Tyrian before her Aura was depleted so you're wrong.

The hell are you talking about, Tyrian depleted her aura after a few hits. Qrow was literally concerned about Ruby getting hurt by a freaking wooden beam falling on her. Her aura was gone. Tyrian wasnt trying to kill her anyway so he was holding back

Weiss lost her aura easily to Vernal, Nora and Ren lost their aura in the nuckelavee fight (and had to recharge), Tyrian and Qrow lost their aura to eachother

That's their legit way of telling you their auras depleted

This is starting to give me brain cancer now, why do you all want 7-B Oscar so ******* bad.

Nora and Ren managed to fight Hazel for a while, can they be 7-B too?

Jesus, okay dad

Tyrian was holding back so he didn't want to kill her, but thats just one example out of the many that show his aura was inactive

Either way, the way mercury lost his aura in his fight with Yang,the way Nora and Ren lost their aura, the aura legit clashes with their signature colour when their aura has been depleted. Remember how Pyrrha got an arrow to the heel after her aura depleted?

Oscar fought two 7-Bs he is 7-B.

The arguments against Oscar being 7-B is that they can't believe it and that is it.

Everyone should just take a deep breath and calm down. No one here is your enemy so try to relax please, no reason to get so worked up over something so simple.

And actually, the aura that flashed as Tyrian was hitting her the first 3 times wasn't her whole body being flashed. Again, he couldn't kill her anyway, so he had to be careful with his power

The aura depletes are shown by a whole body flash, the small ones like that are just Tyrians much higher AP compared to Ruby's durability, just so we get a sense of his power.

Do not legit stand there and deny aura isn't depleted when their body flashes up like that.

1, 2 and 3, 4. And she got up moments after to help Qrow fight. Her aura was not depleted, it was broken.

Qrow and Tyrian's aura were flashing during the end of their fight, yet they were both still going.

Congratz, you're wrong.

Poinciana1971 said:
Oscar fought two 7-Bs he is 7-B.
The arguments against Oscar being 7-B is that they can't believe it and that is it.

Everyone should just take a deep breath and calm down. No one here is your enemy so try to relax please, no reason to get so worked up over something so simple.
Lionheart isn't a 7-B physically, only his weapon has shown to have that AP, and even then Qrow easily reflected them, while Oscar's aura gets one shot by them. Nora and Ren also fought Hazel, but are they 7-B too? I think you legit forget Oscar was going to lose to Hazel, Ozpin had to literally force control after warning him he couldn't fight him.

It's pretty hard not to get stifled when you're legit denying and making me repeat myself over and over without even trying to think of a countermeasure. Im not even that annoyed honestly, if I was I'd just leave

Weekly has resorted to 'giving kudos' instead of actually making their own arguments, cause even he\she\whatever can't deny your aura goes out when you get the flash, I don't know what else I can say after that, and the fact you're still denying it all is just stubborness

Oscar isn't 7-B

@Jinx The accusations arent necessary, there's no point in repeating the same things literally everyone else is saying because youre still refusing to listen

CinCameron20 said:
1, 2 and 3, 4. And she got up moments after to help Qrow fight. Her aura was not depleted, it was broken.
Qrow and Tyrian's aura were flashing during the end of their fight, yet they were both still going.

Congratz, you're wrong.
You can still fight without aura, you're just vulnerable with your aura down.

Both Qrow and Tyrian were fighting without their aura, and the fact Ruby could finally parry Tyrian, with her aura gone herself just shows that. Oh, and the fact Tyrian could stab and poison Qrow.

Try again

WeeklyBattles said:
@Jinx The accusations arent necessary, there's no point in repeating the same things literally everyone else is saying because youre still refusing to liste
I'm not making accusations? You're the one accusing me of being against 7-B Oscar cause I don't like it, which isn't true like, at all. Im neutral to Oscar, his rushed introductions are annoying but he is legit still the underdog.

I've legit written paragraphs about all this with points that show why you're wrong, youre all resorting to arguing about my 'tone' and making bs claims like 'aura' doesn't deplete when it flashes'. If you don't think I've been listening then bish plz.

You all legit think Oscar is stronger than Qrow and all the other students after a few episodes and training sessions.

Poinciana1971 said:
Jinx666
The only stubborn one here is you since Cin, Ever, Weekly, and myself agree with Oscar 7-B.
Being outnumbered doesn't exactly mean I'm wrong or being stubborn. I'm not even the only one who thinks this, the fact Oscar is now above all the others way more experienced than him, and proved feats

I've given my reasons

You all are trying to change the subject

Its obvious who the stubborn people are

...that isn't what happened at all

You think an inexperienced kid being trained by them can beat a professional Huntsmen like Qrow

The only reason Oscar can keep with Hazel is because Ozpin was controlling him, through skill, avoiding, and precision. and he shouldn't have tanked that punch cause his aura got one shot from leo, which Qrow could parry. One big juicy piece of outlier. Ozpin legit tells us Oscar hasn't got his physical power yet, and it hasnt been stated that he has, which it would. Ozpin had to literally forcefully take control in order to not get Oscar killed by His.

Its just plain stupid if you think these people who have trained most of their life and have actually shown feats would lose to Oscar.

Qrow had to even defend Oscar\Ozpin

"You think an inexperienced kid being trained by them can beat a professional Huntsmen like Qrow"

For the last time, stop using that as an argument.

He harms Hazel and takes his attacks. Ozpin controlling him doesn't make Oscar stronger.

It "being stupid" is not an argument.

Ren and Nora relatively keep Hazel busy and force him to guard? Lemme guess, they're 7-B too.

And it is honestly stupid, its the same reason Jaune was only considered High 8-C compared to everyone else before Volume 4, for the simple fact he's proved as the inexperienced underdog and weaker than everyone else. Now for Oscar to suddenly go from weak wall level maximum character to someone surpassing Qrow, literally makes no sense. Haven't even stated Oscar has reached Ozpins power yet

And I know he doesn't get friggin stronger, but he gets almost everything else from Ozpin, intelligence, skill, reaction speed and such, which is what let him keep a bead on Hazel. He didn't harm him anyway, merely knocked him down by hitting precise points and stuff. Hazel is still going strong, and Qrow even had to protect Oscar.

So please stop with this wank

Personally, I think Oscar should get his own profile.

According Ozpin, Oscar's Semblance is going to be different from his own. Even if he's using Ozpin's power, they're two entirely separate characters.

And yeah, Oscar should be 7-B since he took on Hazel, who is strong enough to casually manhandle both Ren and Nora at the same time and punch Qrow.

Hazel was so casual in fighting Ren and Nora that its not even funny, they did nothing to him

Jaune was High 8-C/8-B for basically no reason

He was clearly superior and was easily manhandling them both. The Hazel Oscar fought was blatantly bloodlusted and trying his damndest to kill him.

Here's a thought, stop using an argument with the words "makes no sense". That's not a legitimate argument. And honestly, Jaune's Pre-Timeskip rating makes no sense.

Uh, yes he did? If they wanted you show Oscar as inferior they would've done a much different fight scene.

So please, stop this downplay. (Not so fun when it's done to you, is it?)

I agree with Oscar getting his own profile.

Not only that but Ozpin might disappear from Oscar after a while to it wouldn't be right for him to just be a tab in Ozpin's profile.

Nora and Ren are not 7-B, Hazel literally said he didn't want to fight them. Also we never saw Ren or Nora even damage or push Hazel back so no they don't scale.

Oscar fought two 7-Bs and there is no proof Ozpin in control makes him stronger.

For the record, I'm in agreement with Ever and Weekly.

The only argument against scaling is that Oscar was just an ordinary kid a few months ago, even though he had training from Ozpin, inherited Ozpin's power, and is stated to be growing at a rapid rate.

It isn't ridiculous when Hazel couldn't even be bothered to even flinch against Ren's and Nora's blows, before was being staggered backward and knocked over by Oscar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back