• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 5 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poinciana1971 said:
It doesn't matter if Qrow help them, that's the point they're trying to prove to Raven.

They were getting destroyed by the Nuckelavee till they worked together.

Qrow help push back Tyrian, they never could have beaten him without Qrow.

It's clear to me you didn't understand what Ruby said at all.
qrow didnt help, he did everything, the teamwork nearly got him killed

but than pinned it down with no real teamwork, they used the most basic thing to do that ruby and jaune could have done on theyre own

he didnt help, he did everything, and ruby trying to help nearly got him killed

i did, but her acomplishments feel pretty empity and not all that team work, her defeating the dragon isnt really countable as she didnt do no team work, well, i dont count a close friend (im guessing, they didnt really show it). as i said, forsy could have been beaten by ruvby alone with actual strategy.

He doesnt have any students that we see, he lets his professional Huntsmen die off

Yes he would cause it's merely someone he trusts who can protect it, not Raven for obvious reasons, Qrow was for something else, Glynda helps him, and Winter isn't commanded by him neither, not trained to be a principal. I mean, if you can kicked off the ******* stairs and lose to the most inexperienced character in the series, then yeah. Not as bad as saying ******* Oscar is stronger than the other 8-A's after a few training sessions.

Yeah, no, that's the first time aura has completely shattered like that, mercury, Qrow, Tyrian, Nora and Ren have all had their aura deplete in a similar way to Oscar, as shown by how emrcury had 0 aura after he lost to Yang. They clearly just changed or added that extra effect for well...effect. but aura has depleted like Oscar's way more than it has like Weiss'. Even so, even if it flickered that's a heavy ass hit, even when it was some causal dust projectile. Lionheart sucks in a physical fight as we bleeding see, he only has a ranged weapon. That wasn't even close to 90% XD and even then I just countered.

Pfft, get you trying to kick out big words. But seriously, minorly pushing someone back by skill and reactions when someone else is controlling your body DOES NOT make the weakest character in the main group rn suddenly surpass everyone with minimal training. Please, cease this now, I'm back to chuckling

Vernal probably just gave Raven her powers (my guess). If she's always been the maiden then the statement of her equalling Qrow was made back when no one had seen or known about her full abilities. So I think there's no issue.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
So how are we going to deal with the scaling now that Raven is 7-A?
Nothing... Raven being 7-A changes nothing.

Raven didn't use her Maiden powers against Qrow or anyone else.

Until next chapter no one is becoming 7-A besides Raven.

They actually did a good job of hiding it. Vermal had her eyes closed and Raven had her helmet on, you couldnt see either of their eyes when the storm was made

Isn't the rule "the last person a maiden thinks about before they die is the next maiden"? I think Vernal was thinking about Raven as Cinder was killing her. That's just my theory for now until the next episode comes out though.

I just realized that Cinder couldn't steal Vernal's powers while she was alive though. Raven likely is the true maiden :/

Vernal isn't confirmed dead, not only that but Raven was breaking the ice before Vernal "died".

Not only that but Cinder unless she is stupid was trying to absorbed the Maiden's power just like with the spider grimm.

Raven summoned the storm it why she was wearing her helment so no one could see her eyes glow when she used her powers.

Vernal was never the maiden to begin with, most likely the OG Spring Maiden was someone else.

@Ryu Except there's a visible transfer when the power passes on, like it did when amber passed her power onto cinder. The power was never in vernal to begin with, otherwise Cinder would have taken it or it would have visibly passed onto raven

I think I ninja'd you guys ovo

@Weekly Oh yeah. That too. Or Vernal gave her powers to Raven ahead of time OVOVOVO (I don't think a maiden has to die if they want to just bestow their powers to someone else?)

Okay speculation time.

Clearly Raven isn't the OG Spring Maiden that ran away for obvious reasons.

1: Raven found the Spring Maiden either dying or killed her herself and took her powers.

2: Vernal was the OG Spring Maiden but transfered her power to Raven at some point because she thought of them as a burden and not a blessing.

3: Some other twist happens that explains how Raven is the Spring Maiden.

@Poinciana1971 - I'd go with 2 since we know it is possible to transfer the power, and that Vernal probably wanted to rid herself of it due to past experience. Raven took the power, and in exchange, gave Vernal a home.

@CinCameron20

I agree.

Vernal said the power of the Maiden was a burden when talking to Cinder. I don't think Vernal was making stuff up I think she really didn't want to power and offered it to Raven who accepted.

Ozpin did say there is a way for Maiden's to transfer their power's naturally but Amber couldn't due it for obvious reasons.

So, I know we haven't made a profile for him yet, but how would Hazel be rated? Would his base be 7-b and dust infused be at least 7-b? Or would base be at least 8-a, and dust infused 7-b?

Oscar hasn't been training for a few months, it's been much less than that, if y'all are gonna wank then at least tell the truth on how stupid it is

I have dropped it, not like anything I do is gonna matter, just saying Oscar trained for a week at best, Oscar will no doubt get beat by some 8-A in the future anyway just to further prove it.

And yeah, sry, I'm on my tablet rather than the laptop so formats swap

@Jinx

You're still being petty and passive-aggressive.

If fighting two people on the level of professional Huntsmen in rapid succession isn't a feat, I don't know what is.

Reppuzan said:
@Jinx
You're still being petty and passive-aggressive.

If fighting two people on the level of professional Huntsmen in rapid succession isn't a feat, I don't know what is.
If you say so I guess, but again, Oscar hasn't been doing it for months

Lionheart admitted himself he wasn't the fighter he used to be, suggesting he's gotten weaker coming from himself, and the fact his weapon is ranged and 7-B and not meant for physical combat, getting stomped by Qrow, as well as the fact he is absolutely terrible in physical combat as we all see. He depleted Oscar's aura in one shot anyway, or at least took a very hevay shot which was merely a warning shot. Lionheart is not 7-B Physically, at least not anymore, I mean, he even gave in to Salem unlike everyone else Ozpin trusted. The fact you think he's 7-B merely for the point he was a professional (now currently salems errand boy), even now that he's older and weaker is pretty agravating to question

And Oscar had to literally be forced out of the body in order for Ozpin to keep him alive from Hazel, and Ozpin was running and hitting with weak shots for the most part, Hazel would easily destroy Oscar on his own. The fight isn't even done yet so just watch and see, I'll be waiting when he still can't beat Ruby.

How do you find it hard to understand someone would get annoyed when this is like the tenth time I've had to explain it to the same terrible argument.

Getting stomped by Qrow (one of the best fighters in the series) isn't much of an argument. Even if he wasn't the fighter he used to be, even a basic Huntsman like Winter could at least cross swords with a casual Qrow. It find it hard to believe that Leo would be that much weaker.

Leo didn't deplete Oscar's Aura, as we've stated and proven several times before. Repeating that ad nauseam isn't going to enhance your argument in any reasonable way.

For the umpteenth time, there's no indication that Ozpin taking over increases the strength of Oscar's body in any way. Otherwise there would be no reason for Oscar to train in the first place.

All of your points have been opposed constantly but you've been stubborn in your denial of blatant feats and simple power-scaling.

Reppuzan said:
Getting stomped by Qrow (one of the best fighters in the series) isn't much of an argument. Even if he wasn't the fighter he used to be, even a basic Huntsman like Winter could at least cross swords with a casual Qrow. It find it hard to believe that Leo would be that much weaker.
Leo didn't deplete Oscar's Aura, as we've stated and proven several times before. Repeating that ad nauseam isn't going to enhance your argument in any reasonable way.

For the umpteenth time, there's no indication that Ozpin taking over increases the strength of Oscar's body in any way. Otherwise there would be no reason for Oscar to train in the first place.

All of your points have been opposed constantly but you've been stubborn in your denial of blatant feats and simple power-scaling.
Pfft, really? You're all calling him 7-B for beign a mere principal, and again, that isn't my only argument, apart from all the ones you've ignored. Winter isn't a basic Huntsman...she's like Ironwoods Glynda, his best commando, and she's equal to Qrow at least. And don't tell me you're another person saying Qrow was holding back just cause he was acting a little playful in that fight, Winter wasn't kicking out her glyphs, which would be arguably more diverse and better to Weiss being her teacher, for the most part, not any of her strong summons, as well as the fact she was the only one to actually land hits. The whole episode existed to tell us of these 2 new characters, and how they're equal, "That was a draw at best". Sick of seeing this argument.

Just because you find it hard to believe doesn't mean Leo is still friggin 7-B after not even training anymore and giving in to the freaking enemy, and getting beaten by the weakest character in Qrows, he has shown NOTHING to scale him to 7-B, so it's safe to assume he's weaker than all the others, and shouldn't be considered. At all. Please, see the light. Heck i find Oscar suddenly changing from low tier to surpassing Qrow after a few training sessions hard to believe, but as if that matters hm?

His aura did deplete, the aura flashes full body when aura depletes, weiss's smashing aura was for effect, and the first time it's ever happened. are you legit kidding me , even so, even if it flickered it means he's taking heavy damage from a casual Warning shot from a 7-B. You all are deluded if you think you've disproven anything. Its like how we don't give Ruby 7-B durability even she was taking Tyrians shots with her aura flashing

I. Know. His. Strength. Doesn't. Increase. But oscar gets buffed in everything else, skill. Intelligence, reactions, not to mention he had really low aura at the time (or none). Hazel wasn't being phased hoenstly, just getting finessed, and Ozpin Oscar had to be protected by Qrow and had to resort to running away from a predictable Hazel. Its like how Master Roshi could beag Ganos despite being weaker, yet we can all use and consider that in the wiki, and not buff Roshi via the statement. And Oscar has been training for less than a month at least, as the page incorrectly states, cause you legit can't admit you're wrong, he wouldn't make that much progress that he surpassed Qrow within a week, 'rapid rate' is vague af, and its why this wiki was heisitant on upgrading android 18, but not for the people so desperate to upgrade the fodder RWBY characters to high tier.

They haven't been opposed, you only think they've been opposed, and turn them down because you don't believe the weakass lionheart has downgraded, even when he states he has and was getting beaten down by a kid in training for a week. Plus Oscar has Ozpins cane, which has 7-B AP according to the Crescent rose and Qrows weapon page too, which would have been able to help Oscar get to comparable AP.

I'm clearly wasting my time, you'll never admit I even have a point, I'll just have to wait for next episodes where it will show Oscar still being the underdog. Even so, I honestly don't care.

Astounding argument! Seriously, don't tell me I'm wrong when you have to resort to this rather than reply with an actual response/concession

But trust me, I was barely being rude, its natural to get a little stifled when I have to constantly keep repeating myself, and for no good reason, because people on here barely ever admit when their wrong, its natural I guess, so they have to try and shift to 'ur rude'. Its not like you have been rising to be the better one anyway, with your own insults.

>Basic powerscaling

>Newest weakest member suddenly gets upgraded to surpass professionals even when they can't argue it because he briefly took on one 7-B with someone else controlling his body w\ hit and run tactics that barely phased the guy (with the fight NOT EVEN being done), and a weak old man wielding a 7-B weapon that one shot the kids aura (or damaged it highly to the point he barely tanked it) causally with 0 physical presence and not being professional anyway. Go ahead and try and deny that

Yeah, basic my ass, full of outliers at best and inconsistency, with mechanics being the little boy gets the same strength as a physical expert brawler like Hazel after a week just cause he inherits this guy not even at his full power.

My thoughts:

• Oscar was explicitly portrayed as much weaker than Ruby
  • However he was also said to be growing at a very fast way since then
So unless Ozpin possessing Oscar makes him stronger, he should scale to Hazel. And yeah Oscar improving that much in such a short time is very stupid. But a feat being stupid doesn't make a feat illegitamate. Especially when there's an (albeit poor) explanation of him getting stronger.

He trained for a month not a week, remember they had a full month to get them into fighting shape. Oscar said it's only been a couple of weeks since they started training in chapter 5.

"It's only been a few weeks but I feel like I've had this cane for my whole life... longer even."

They never legit finished the month of training, The lionheart incident came beforehand. And unexpectedly.

And that's because Oscar is Ozpin, but Oscar is still nowhere near Ozpins skill or power, so he definitely hasn't grown to that high a level in so little time. Oscar was going to lose to Hazel. Its legit stated.

Jinx666 said:
They never legit finished the month of training, The lionheart incident came beforehand. And unexpectedly.
And that's because Oscar is Ozpin, but Oscar is still nowhere near Ozpins skill or power, so he definitely hasn't grown to that high a level in so little time. Oscar was going to lose to Hazel. Its legit stated.
they asspulled him into headmaster level bro, just... just dont question it, youll get more questions than answers

Ozpin is obviously much more skilled than Oscar but I don't think it's ever stated that Ozpin possessing him makes him physically stronger. Also Ozpin/Oscar losing doesn't matter when he manages to put up a good fight against him, and a far better fight than Qrow or Nora and Ren do.

Ryukama said:
Ozpin is obviously much more skilled than Oscar but I don't think it's ever stated that Ozpin possessing him makes him physically stronger. Also Ozpin/Oscar losing doesn't matter when he manages to put up a good fight against him, and a far better fight than Qrow or Nora and Ren do.
but why would it tax his body if it doesent affect it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back