• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Remnant Quest to Downgrade RWBY [Part 1]

7c4a0ed6097fa7097b38e0ac52473155.png

Go to your profile on the wiki, click on "my preferences", go to editing and you should be able to switch between these 3 options.

I see, well we can either get the downgrades finished right now or try and get those accepted and knock out all the edits with one stone.

Last edited:
is Ice Queendom a separate continuity or is it canon to the main show? Other than that, I'll see if I can find a calc member to evaluate the griffon kick.

The statement is that its' canon adjacent, but how is never elaborated on. It's also from the defunt rooster teeth website.
Eh I mean the canon adjacent statement should work well enough for this then especially considering this is for something we see specifcally in volume

Thanks

Eh I mean the canon adjacent statement should work well enough for this then especially considering this is for something we see specifcally in volume

Thanks
No prob, 8-B is something I already said I probably agree with unless the calcs themselves have some like LARGE glaring issue (somethign I haven't seen)

It's canon, I believe @Spinoirr has the statement for it
Here it is BTW, thank goodness I saved it

"First, the world of RWBY: Ice Queendom is NOT an alternate universe or a reboot. While the story is set in the same universe as the main show, we’re calling it “canon adjacent”. The new show is incredibly faithful to the original, while also taking some fun new liberties to switch things up a bit. The first two episodes of RWBY: IQ will recap V1 - V2 before kicking things off into a bold new adventure, full of new characters, new settings, new surprises, and (of course) new Grimm. Not only that, but you’ll also see a ton of familiar faces, too. While changes made to the existing RWBY content are not technically considered canon, it's a story that absolutely could exist alongside other RWBY content -- we just wanted the Japan team to be able to have as much fun with it as they wanted. Now as to what the story of the show is all about….well you’ll just have to wait and see!"

Here it is BTW, thank goodness I saved it

"First, the world of RWBY: Ice Queendom is NOT an alternate universe or a reboot. While the story is set in the same universe as the main show, we’re calling it “canon adjacent”. The new show is incredibly faithful to the original, while also taking some fun new liberties to switch things up a bit. The first two episodes of RWBY: IQ will recap V1 - V2 before kicking things off into a bold new adventure, full of new characters, new settings, new surprises, and (of course) new Grimm. Not only that, but you’ll also see a ton of familiar faces, too. While changes made to the existing RWBY content are not technically considered canon, it's a story that absolutely could exist alongside other RWBY content -- we just wanted the Japan team to be able to have as much fun with it as they wanted. Now as to what the story of the show is all about….well you’ll just have to wait and see!"
This statement kinda doesn't give us a lot too work with, canon-adjacent can mean a number of things.

This statement kinda doesn't give us a lot too work with, canon-adjacent can mean a number of things.
I think the fact Miles said that it is NOT an alternate universe or a reboot and the story is set in the same universe as the main show

It clearly shows clear intent to have it be cannon

If Ice Queendom is canon, you’re gonna need to show proof given how the show deviates a lot from the main show with the dream stuff.

I sincerely see it as necessary... even more so with... many contradictions that there are in the series (and also from some of the writers)

We can wait on that specifc calc, handle the ice queendom stuff later as to not detract from here for now we've got the volume 3 ruby feat that's 8-B and the serpent that Blake and Sun scale to in volume 4 that has a 8-B feat as well

So anything volume 3 and later should just be 8-B

If Ice Queendom is canon, you’re gonna need to show proof given how the show deviates a lot from the main show with the dream stuff.
To be fair the dream stuff takes place in between vol1 and vol 2 and we know time had passed between those two volumes

We can wait on that specifc calc, handle the ice queendom stuff later as to not detract from here for now we've got the volume 3 ruby feat that's 8-B and the serpent that Blake and Sun scale to in volume 4 that has a 8-B feat as well

Make you a deal, apply those 8-B calcs, I don’t have much of an issue, but YOU have to apply the CRT changes I’m lazy af

But what of my suggestions to make them have a new key for vol 3 only given they were at Beacon for months at that point

Start of Beacon | Vytal Festival Tournament

The only good thing about this is that at least RWBY isn't going to have the worst degradation in history at least... or well, yes, but it could have been worse.

The plan is to split the Beacon Arc into two separate keys, right? They obviously have a massive training and equipment edge after the first Volume.

Back