• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 5 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Everlasting said:
He was clearly superior and was easily manhandling them both. The Hazel Oscar fought was blatantly bloodlusted and trying his damndest to kill him.
Here's a thought, stop using an argument with the words "makes no sense". That's not a legitimate argument. And honestly, Jaune's Pre-Timeskip rating makes no sense.

Uh, yes he did? If they wanted you show Oscar as inferior they would've done a much different fight scene.

So please, stop this downplay. (Not so fun when it's done to you, is it?)
Yeah, and he couldn't because it was OZPIN in control. If Oscar was up against Hazel,he would have died, even ******* Ozpin said that he would lose. And Ren still forced hazel to guard.

Jaunes makes better sense than Oscar, since he actually trains for several months and got a weapon upgrade, meanwhile Oscar within a few episodes surpasses Qrow, like wtf. Even though his aura gets one shot by Leo's projectile which barely looked powerful.

It wasn't Oscar who was fighting. It was Ozpin, and if hazel actually hit him he would have lost. Its Ozpins features that keep Oscar being able to survive that. Hazel isn't even hurt badly neither. And Oscar was shown as inferior, Ozpin legit had to force control of the body in order to fight him, cause he knew Oscar wouldn't have won.

(Tf are you talking about? What's not fun when it happens to me?)

And one at a time, please, jesus,

I've explained so many bleeding times

Lionheart physically has nothing to show he's 7-B, he literally got knocked down some stairs, he has a ranged weapon only, the legit thing that can only scale him to 7-B is the weapon, he didn't read shit with Qrow on his own. His aura got one shot by a 7-B blast

And Hazel WAS going to easily beat Oscar, Ozpin had to take over in order for them to survive.

Oscar did not fight 2 7-B's, one with a 7-B weapon and weak af physical presence, and one the show explained he was going to lose too, and had to rely on a God tier like Ozpins skill, reactions and experience to dodge.

You have NO proof that Ozpin meant that Oscar would lose because of a power difference.

Hazel isn't some hulking mad man with no thoughts and loss of skill.

There is no proof that Ozpin makes Oscar stronger when possessing him, it's skill not power.

Ozpin said Oscar would lose. Simple as. He wouldn't scale, Hazel was going to kill him and that's that. But idk if you honestly think the little teenage boy still in puberty is physically stronger than a big hulking man who is apart of Salems faction, and his whole gimmick is being a powerhouse.

Hazel was being blinded by rage, giving merely punches and stuff, his fighting style was basic and predictable, being mixed with strength that Oscar wouldn't ******* compete with.

I'm not claiming he gets stronger you dolt. I have legit never said he gets stronger

But everything other than physical prowess, Ozpin takes over for, intelligence, skill, etc, and THATS whats kept him alive. They didn't actually trade blows, Ozpin Oscar had to dodge and hit blind spots to merely knocked him down. hazel was never hurt.

Base Oscar isn't 7-B, Hazel outmatched him, Ozpin had to forcefully take control in a pry to keep them alive his aura was depleted. It was funny how you all thought that at first, Weekly's desperate attempts to buff the verse without thinking it through and whatnot, but now you're all legit sounding stupid as.

Lel, well that's what happens when the literal weakest, newest, and inexperienced fighter is going to surpass professional Huntsmen just cause he beat down some weakass old man (Leo even said he wasnt the fighter he used to be) and had someone else use his body to merely keep up with Hazel, not exactly trading blows.

Reppuzan said:
For the record, I'm in agreement with Ever and Weekly.
The only argument against scaling is that Oscar was just an ordinary kid a few months ago, even though he had training from Ozpin, inherited Ozpin's power, and is stated to be growing at a rapid rate.

It isn't ridiculous when Hazel couldn't even be bothered to even flinch against Ren's and Nora's blows, before was being staggered backward and knocked over by Oscar.
Thing is though, Oscar hasn't even been training a solid month, he's legit only had 2 onscreen training sessions, and most of the time, Ozpin takes over, growing at a 'rapid rate' is too vague to say he's surpassed Qrow and is now on Hazels level suddenly (As well as him definitely not being on Ozpins level), and no way is he on Ozpins level when Ozpin has to baby him.

Hazel had to guard with Ren and Nora's attacks, meanwhile he was only getting knocked back and staggered by Oscar hitting blind spots and not actually trading blows. His aura gets one shot by a simple projectile from Leo too.

But bejeezus how many more admins are going to not realise Oscar isn't on Hazels level, I can see why this wiki is so hated,and this is coming from someone who's defended it

Knocking him down is by attacking the back of the knee.

The jabs werent hurting hazel either much either, and even so,they were being done by Ozpins cane, which of course is a high tier weapon. Especially when Oscars Aura was depleted, which you can't deny.

Lemme guess, Oscar can fight evenly with Cinder too now? Is Oscar now on par with Ozpin?

Cinder is 7-A so that argument is invalid.

Ozpin was hurting him with those jabs he even pushed him back also guess what... hitting someone's blind spot is not Dura Negation so it doesn't matter.

The Everlasting said:
"I can see why this wiki is so hated,and this is coming from someone who's defended it"

Now you're just being an asshole.

Fighting fire with fire isn't exactly wise Ever. An Administrator should know better not to call a user an "Asshole" for a statement like that. That'll only escalate the situation more.

Its not an argument. But I wouldn't be surprised if you all thought that too.

He wasn't, Hazel was relentless, he wasn't dlicnhign, he wasn't showing visible signs of pain, this was all Ozpin and his fighting experience, its like the same reason Master Roshi can keep with Ganos though him being admittedly stronger than the latter. Its mere skill. Qrow even had to save Oscar's bacon from getting one shot.

Blind spots are still able to be felt a lot more, why do you think pressure points exist and stuff and are able it immobilize someone even on an even power range, ofc its not durability negation. Just cause Oscar was thwapping with some stick doesn't mean he is better than Hazel, even when it was Ozpin doing the work. Unless you all think Oscar = Ozpin now tooz even when that's clearly not the freaking case.

@Jinx

Seriously, this has crossed a line from being absurd to being petty.

Lionheart is not arbitrarily 7-B. He's a professional Huntsman and one of Ozpin's inner circle, ergo someone who's powerful and trusted enough to be one of Ozpin's confidants (like Qrow). If Ozpin could just take over and strengthen Oscar's body whenever he wanted, there would have not been a need for Oscar to train so hard. Ozpin is simply using Oscar's body as a medium, that's it.

You have zero evidence to the contrary other than your own disbelief that Oscar could grow so quickly. This wiki isn't hated just because we don't take some users opinions into account, especially when those opinions are wholly misinformed.

The Everlasting said:
He's calling the wiki horrible just because people disagree with him. I'm calling what I see.

That doesn't justify you insulting someone like that. Typically one would warn the user or report them.

1. I'm a girl

2. I've been on this wiki for years, despite all the hate it gets, and the absurd things like this...and the last problems I've had. I enjoy being on here and I don't hate it necessarily, just admins like this who just don't get what I'm simply putting and instead dismiss it cause they think they're better..I'm not even insulting anyone personally honestly, but you people sure know how to press buttons

Qrow was hang timing with Hazel just fine aside from powerplay, meanwhile everytime he got tossed he was playing babysitter for Oscar and suffered for it. This is the same formula they used with Tyrian, Qrow getting injured because he played babysitter for RNJR and mostly Ruby throughout the fight. This is how they always handle Qrow's battles when they knew he can 1v1 all the competition, especially with that broken semblance of his. Qrow has speed while Hazel has strength, simple. Oscar is not > Qrow by any means. Not yet anyways.

@Jag50

No one here has stated that Oscar is stronger than Qrow, but he's taking on people who have assassinated professional Huntsmen and taken on Qrow as well as a member of Oz's inner circle.

Reppuzan said:
@Jinx
Seriously, this has crossed a line from being absurd to being petty.

Lionheart is not arbitrarily 7-B. He's a professional Huntsman and one of Ozpin's inner circle, ergo someone who's powerful and trusted enough to be one of Ozpin's confidants (like Qrow). If Ozpin could just take over and strengthen Oscar's body whenever he wanted, there would have not been a need for Oscar to train so hard. Ozpin is simply using Oscar's body as a medium, that's it.

You have zero evidence to the contrary other than your own disbelief that Oscar could grow so quickly. This wiki isn't hated just because we don't take some users opinions into account, especially when those opinions are wholly misinformed.
Lionheart really doesn't seem to be all that professional. In all the physical fights he's shown he's been getting his ass kicked. His weapon is his only saving grace. "I'm not the Huntsmen I used to be", implying he's also decreases in his skill, and is no longer as powerful as he used to be. He was getting his ass handed to him by base Oscar. That's not 7-B, I honestly think Jaune could beat Leo at this point

Oscar is still not at Ozpins level of strength though, he literally had to be forced out of his own body not to be freaking killed. There's no way any sort of 'rapid rate' (which was referring to his dwindling skill more than his strength) could get him to surpass even freaking Jaune at this point after a few training sessions. Its mere bs. If Dragon Ball cant have characters upgraded for the same reason as this with their sudden power changes then I honestly don't know why RWBY can't either.

You clearly haven't been reading any of my paragraphs, that I honestly don't know why I bothered writing. So don't tell me I don't have evidence thanks. This wiki is hated because of some of the bs it produces honestly, I've always been able to see it, but I genuinely don't care. There's way more I can say but I'm not gonna bother getting into all that.

Reppuzan said:
@Jag50
No one here has stated that Oscar is stronger than Qrow, but he's taking on people who have assassinated professional Huntsmen and taken on Qrow as well as a member of Oz's inner circle
Yeah they are, Everlasting said that. The fact you're all comparing Oscar to Hazel, who was manhandling Qrow too suggests you have to believe that.

Ozpin controlling Oscar is, whose also had his aura depleted from a single weak projectile, and still remains weaker than all the other 8-A's. Oscar hasn't got the physical strength to compete with Hazel, come the **** on, his main gimmick is being a strong ass brute, he doesn't even need a weapon, meanwhile Oscar is some undeveloped child

@Jinx

Oscar's Aura wasn't depleted. It simply flashed and flickered. Oscar didn't seem inconvenienced by it in the least, which would have been the case if it was (the last time his Aura was depleted he was panting on the ground). He also would have taken far more severe damage from being punched across the room by Hazel.

You're ignoring context and actual showings to fit your viewpoint.

When aura breaks it sounds like a shield powering down. Go to every other time aura broke in the series besides amber (because there was an explosion at the time) and you'll hear the sound. The sound didn't happen when Oscar got hit, his aura didn't break there.

Reppuzan said:
@Jinx
Oscar's Aura wasn't depleted. It simply flashed and flickered. Oscar didn't seem inconvenienced by it in the least, which would have been the case if it was (the last time his Aura was depleted he was panting on the ground). He also would have taken far more severe damage from being punched across the room by Hazel.

You're ignoring context and actual showings to fit your viewpoint.
It was, the aura flashes and flickers when it's depleted. Don't you dare tell me you're hopping on that bs now just to get a point across.

Oscar wasn't being inconvenienced cause that was Ozpin and the cowardly friggin Lionheart, on which CRWBY was just trying to get Ozpins sense of betrayal across. Either way, Lionheart isn't 7-B physically, at least not anymore. He wasn't taking up stamina either so he wouldn't have 'panted'. Oscar didn't even try to dodge, it was a sense of intimidation made by Ozpin who wasn't even scared.

If you didn't already get it, aura is shown to deplete when it full body flashes over the character, like Mercury back in V3. Oscar has established weak aura anyway so yeah, enough context for you? Its why Weiss was vulnerable to getting stabbed in the liver after vernal depleted the aura.

And the punch from Hazel was PIS, since he already lost it. Hazel was gonna legit Kill him anyway, that was established, so base Oscar shouldn't at all compare.

@Jinx

You're still ignoring context.

As Weekly and Morlock pointed out above, an Aura flickering and an Aura powering down have completely different visual and sound effects, neither of which appeared when Oscar was hit by Leo's projectile.

Bull. Leo is still a professional Huntsman. Even other, regular professional Huntsmen like Winter who aren't trusted enough to be part of Oz's inner circle are powerful enough to at least cross swords with Qrow.

sooooo.... what "impossible" feats was ruby talking about? what exactly did they do that outstanding, exept getting lost in a one way road with smoke rising i few houndreds of meters away at most and failing to notice it.

or deus ex rubying the dragongrimm

They survived the fall of Beacon, they pushed back Tyrian, They defeated the Nuckelavee, and they made it to Haven.

Despite all of the odds they've manage to get this far because they work TOGETHER.

By joining together they have a much better chance of surviving.

Gee Cin, what a relevant and useful point you make. No one's keeping you here.

Pfft, when did they say that. And no they don't, Oscar had the exact same aura Flickr as everyone else does, and the sound is faint, try listening again? His aura was down, or even so took a heavy blow, which I can honestly say wouldn't happen with anyone else but Oscar.

"Trusted", strength isn't the only freakimg factor to take in when being apart of the inner circle. Theres authority, intelligence etc. Ozpin doesn't gift principal to any random strong ass loser. And leo ain't trusted anymore, the guy legit backstabbed.

i don't know if you can see how pathetic Leo is at fighting. He even stated himself he's weaker now, but no, that's just 'Bull', ignoring actual statements by the person themself. He's got a ranged weapon, he sucks in a physical fight as we can all bloody see.

@Jinx

You also don't become the headmaster of a major Huntsmen Academy if you aren't a professional Huntsman or Huntress with years of experience. It's like saying that Dumbledore isn't a professional wizard.

"Base Oscar" inherited all of Ozpin's aura and soul. It's not a huge stretch to say that his aura is powerful enough to take on a professional Huntsman when it's one of the oldest and most powerful on Remnant.

Mmm,and like how Sienna Khan as former head of the White fang gets one shot by Adam, hits because you're the head of something doesn't necessarily mean you scale to inferiors. But you can obviously see lionheart hasn't kept all that head of experience, nor seems to be anything professional, AS HE SAYS HIM ******* SELF., By getting beaten down by a child easily, intimidated by Huntsmen in training, he's a range guy. Not. Physical

He hasn't inherited it completely or fully yet. At all. It would have ******* said he did. You can't honestly say Oscar is now on Ozpins level. His aura also got one shot by some casual projectile, powerful my ass.

Poinciana1971 said:
They survived the fall of Beacon, they pushed back Tyrian, They defeated the Nuckelavee, and they made it to Haven.

Despite all of the odds they've manage to get this far because they work TOGETHER.

By joining together they have a much better chance of surviving.
i already pointed out the deus for ruby, and yang didnt exactly do that well, blake ran away, and the grimm they fought were pretty weak, just many

the nuckelavee was pretty weak, looking back at it, i find it unlikely that it coul defeat any of the full grown hunters in teams of two or three, and thats because it could just had its head sniped off, looking at what the knife did to it. infact, Qrow would have just jumped and decapitated it pretty easly, unless his luck came in

making it to have isnt impossible,not really. i mean, the two problems they faced were creepy pshyco, who was defeated by qrow, and ruby trieing to help nearly killed him, and nucklelavee was a on trick pony that ruby SHOULD have been able to just properl herself up above it and decapitate

and teams didnt really matter all that much, while they pinned down the horse grimm (i cant spell its name to save my name) it did blitz ruby by hitting her several meters away with no problem, it just makes it nakama power asspull, if they could block it in place so easly.

blake isnt really doing any team work, sure , sun did help her, but other than coming off as creepy stalker, they didnt acomplish much other than surviving.

It doesn't matter if Qrow help them, that's the point they're trying to prove to Raven.

They were getting destroyed by the Nuckelavee till they worked together.

Qrow help push back Tyrian, they never could have beaten him without Qrow.

It's clear to me you didn't understand what Ruby said at all.

@Jinx

So you're saying that Leo, a professional Huntsman, is weaker than his own students who aren't nearly as experienced as him, and that Ozpin would let someone who is vastly weaker than Winter Schnee, Raven Brawen, Qrow Branwen, or Glynda Goodwitch into his inner circle without thinking about the risk of him being caught, captured, or killed by the enemy. Do you realize how ridiculous you're making yourself sound?

Seriously, knock it off. Aura depleting and Aura flickering are too different visual effects. Observe:

Weiss' Aura shatters at it scatters around her. Oscar's did not. There is a HUGE difference there. Therefore, Oscar's Aura was not depleted, thereby disproving 90% of your arguments.

The only ground you stand on is your inability to observe actual feats in an unbiased manner while being able to suspend your disbelief for the purpose of the plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back