• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Great Remnant Quest to Downgrade RWBY [Part 1]

Yeah weird gameplay character inclusions aside if just character backstories and shit are canon with adams explicitly being mentioned would that not be his character bio. Where else are you getting their backstories from cause it ain't the gameplay itself.

For Raven, they asked Qrow for his help. As for the others, I assume that's all there simply for gameplay purposes. Either way, WoG states that the game is canon either way.
Why is Ozpin not doing backflips and screaming at James Ironwood for exposing that magic is a thing to his scientists to the point they make a funny scroll game based off that ridiculously important information that Ironwood only would have known when RWBY arrived in Atlas

I’m not claiming it’s not canon or anything I just find it absolutely insane if this game IS canon in the state it’s being claimed to be. Like these mf scientists would have been pretty useful telling the whole populace about maidens and magic and RWBY’s efforts and stuff but nah they made a funny game. No wonder the kingdom fell.

Tbh, Ozpin is kinda a loser. Dude have millions of years to make a plan to beat his angry ex wife and the best he can do is throw children at her. Real nice work bub.

Why is Ozpin not doing backflips and screaming at James Ironwood for exposing that magic is a thing to his scientists to the point they make a funny scroll game based off that ridiculously important information that Ironwood only would have known when RWBY arrived in Atlas
this is like how FNAF Help Wanted was made to cover up William Afton’s killings

I’m not claiming it’s not canon or anything I just find it absolutely insane if this game IS canon in the state it’s being claimed to be. Like these mf scientists would have been pretty useful telling the whole populace about maidens and magic and RWBY’s efforts and stuff but nah they made a funny game. No wonder the kingdom fell.
This kinda ruins canon as well. If the people know about Salem and magic and whatnot that gives less significance to RWBY’s speech, why were people not already in a panic, it is crazy to me to think that instead of prioritizing Atlas’ safety Ironwood went “Okay part of my team, I need you create a mobile game for Remnant.”

If it was just the in-text stuff, I would see your point. But again, we have the devs saying that the bios are canon.

Tbh, Ozpin is kinda a loser. Dude have millions of years to make a plan to beat his angry ex wife and the best he can do is throw children at her. Real nice work bub.
The one thing Ozpin was good at was keeping stuff secret at least. And he BUILT these kingdoms so nah, he ain’t a loser. Him not having an aneurysm at the mere existence of this video game is wild.

WHY DOES IT EXIST. WHO TOLD SCIENTISTS TO MAKE A GAME AND UPDATE IT WITH LITERAL MAGIC THAT EVEN IRONWOOD WANTS SECRET. TF IS GOING ON.

If it was just the in-text stuff, I would see your point. But again, we have the devs saying that the bios are canon.
They said characters bios, but still, if we go off the statements you provided, people in Remnant are playing this game with highly classified information that has no reason to exist because of the confidential information that is in this.

I think the canonicity of this needs to be looked at if such a huge oversight like this is… yeah.

The one thing Ozpin was good at was keeping stuff secret at least. And he BUILT these kingdoms so nah, he ain’t a loser. Him not having an aneurysm at the mere existence of this video game is wild.

WHY DOES IT EXIST. WHO TOLD SCIENTISTS TO MAKE A GAME AND UPDATE IT WITH LITERAL MAGIC THAT EVEN IRONWOOD WANTS SECRET. TF IS GOING ON.
Money. God knows I put some into the game when it dropped. It was actually fairly fun, if a bit bare bones. I wouldn't mind another RWBY gatcha in the future.

They said characters bios, but still, if we go off the statements you provided, people in Remnant are playing this game with highly classified information that has no reason to exist because of the confidential information that is in this.

I think the canonicity of this needs to be looked at if such a huge oversight like this is… yeah.
I mean I don't know what to say at this point. I keep saying that the devs say the character bios are canon. That should be sufficient enough.

Kinda think we're going the wrong direction here, I don't think the events of the game itself are canon since they explicitly just mention that only the character's backstories/bios are canon to the main series.

So I'd ignore the games own story explanations for the gameplays events since those make no sense as we see and only focus on the bios of the characters themself which we at least know are confirmed canon

Kinda think we're going the wrong direction here, I don't think the events of the game itself are canon since they explicitly just mention that only the character's backstories/bios are canon to the main series.

So I'd ignore the games own story explanations for the gameplays events since those make no sense as we see and only focus on the bios of the characters themself which we at least know are confirmed canon
That makes the most sense tbh.

Hell how are the Happy Huntresses in the game and why? Why is Neo in the game? No one knows Neo exists who could have told them she exists. They only would have learned if Yang or Ruby described in absolutely perfect detail what she looks like to them to the point they would put her in a video game that doesn’t even include god damn Ozpin!

Anyway, I’m disregarding it. Character backstories or whatever.

We are canon as far as:
1. This game is supposed to exist in World and is played by the people of Remnant.
2. Character backstories are real (Adam, Fox, Hazel, etc)
3. Our design of Carmine from After the Fall is official

We can’t just pick and choose here, it is directly stated here what is supposedly canon and the game being a real thing in remnant is one of them, this includes ALL of the game.

Hell how are the Happy Huntresses in the game and why? Why is Neo in the game? No one knows Neo exists who could have told them she exists. They only would have learned if Yang or Ruby described in absolutely perfect detail what she looks like to them to the point they would put her in a video game that doesn’t even include god damn Ozpin!

Anyway, I’m disregarding it. Character backstories or whatever.
They were about to put Oscar in the game before it got canned. Also are you disregarding the game as canon as a whole or just the parts where it is stated to be in-universe?

They were about to put Oscar in the game before it got canned. Also are you disregarding the game as canon as a whole or just the parts where it is stated to be in-universe?
In-universe parts. Character backstories I don’t much care for if they’re canon or not.

Personally I'm still working on the maiden downscaling. But I can also just skip the middle man and scale the cast to Oscar's shield anyway. Like no maiden scaling needed.

Personally I'm still working on the maiden downscaling. But I can also just skip the middle man and scale the cast to Oscar's shield anyway. Like no maiden scaling needed.
Remind where Oscar shield scaling comes from? First I’ve heard of it but I don’t doubt it’s received contention.

Remind where Oscar shield scaling comes from? First I’ve heard of it but I don’t doubt it’s received contention.
When Oscar uses the full power Long Memory, he is protected from the force by a shield. Ozpin also used a similar looking shield when he fought Cinder. It is assumed that she broke his shield when she killed him.

Personally I just scale Team RWBY to Oscar's baby magic. His is not nearly as powerful as Ozpin's. Like, when he shoot a magic beam at Salem, it didn't do anything. But when Yang blew up her chest with bombs, it caused major damage. Elm was able to face tank a bunch of those bombs and be just fine. So that's why I saw that the main cast should scale to Oscar's magic.

Personally I just scale Team RWBY to Oscar's baby magic. His is not nearly as powerful as Ozpin's. Like, when he shoot a magic beam at Salem, it didn't do anything. But when Yang blew up her chest with bombs, it caused major damage. Elm was able to face tank a bunch of those bombs and be just fine. So that's why I saw that the main cast should scale to Oscar's magic.
Shield he makes isn’t his usual magic as it’s from the Long Memory. Unless you think Oscar’s magic shields are >>>> Salem’s durability since the Long Memory blast disintegrated her while his shield was untouched.

Shield he makes isn’t his usual magic as it’s from the Long Memory. Unless you think Oscar’s magic shields are >>>> Salem’s durability since the Long Memory blast disintegrated her while his shield was untouched.
See I thought that at first too. Until I looked for any statements or examples that it was amped. Looking at the BTS stuff and the script which is on the blu ray, they don't ever state it is amplified. Oscar even states that all he did was release pure kinetic energy from the cane.

Oscar: I know how you feel but he saved my life. When we were tortured, he took it. So I wouldn't have to. He entrusted me with this, and the massive amount of power he had stored up in it.

Oscar holds out The Long Memory.

Oscar: Kinetic energy that he spent lifetime after lifetime accumulating in the cane he built.

Jaune: So that's how you did that? Using all of the stored up power.

Oscar: Not all, but most. We have to be careful with how we use the rest. He trusted my judgment and it saved us. I want to reciprocate that trust. There's a lot to sort out, but... Oz really wants to help.

I can delve into it on another CRT though. I wanted to introduce the idea first.

You're the one who wants to downgrade things. I'm not gonna stick the knife myself.
I’m on my phone, and I don’t know what values to add in since I’m not that familiar with this verses scaling, you are supporters and probably won’t mess things up.

Back