• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reforged Ideals Thread 12: The Return Again

The Divine Phoenix said:
"I was simply getting the easy questions out of the way. Right, so what do you know about the entities? What are they? Why do they empower us? And why do they fight? Why are you Challengers created? And another thing, would you not desire to have more purpose that to simply oppose those summoned by the "red" entity?"
"I don't know much about your guy. Father, or well, the blue entity doesn't talk to us much, but I know he's the opposite of the one that empowers your group. That's why we're created, which is also why we fundamentally cannot serve any other purpose than to oppose you. Most freedom we have is being the opposite of what we oppose. Sort of like the news bird and the annoyingly selfless one."

Hl3 or bust said:
"I don't care as long as you don't try and monitor me."
"No, no, I'm sure Nicholas is already doing that. Speaking of that...."

Hey Nicholas, what are you doing right now? I don't really have much on my plate, so if you need some help, then I have the time.

A few things, trying to defeat Crunkledunk's evil sword to stop it from erasing him, talking to the Challenger I captured and, well a lot of other things in various locations. Is there anything you'd like to do? He replies, the clone and others still working around the Garden.

"So you lack true free will then, ironic for a Challenger of Selflessness. I'd like to, well, help you in this, I don't find this situation particularly pleasant for anyone, if possible, I would like to help you gain freedom, I suppose. If we who were empowered by the red entity have freedom than surely it is possible for you to obtain it as well."

The program for the Boom Tube Ring is ready, I insert it in the bio-drones and then send them to the Amazon and China, for safety in invisible mode.

Instead I send other bio-drones to Egypt with the Magnetic Ring program.

The humanoid drone watches the bio-drones teleport to a few hundred meters above the Temple of the Kings.

Show a grin.

"Hey! You want to see the biggest magnet in the world !?", he tells Sapheram.

Through the ribbon clones, I get a decent idea of what is occurring. Each of the clones manifests various weapons and starts rapidly shooting down the drones.

[ For the atmosphere of the moment ]

The humanoid drone observes the magnetic drones explode.

"Hey ... did you enter self destruction?" He asks.

"No, we were probably attacked ... go with the Boom Tube Ring", I exclaim, creating more bio-drones but this time outside the atmosphere.

Immediately they liquefy, swirling and melting together, forming a huge ring with a diameter of a thousand meters. The same applies to the others who arrived in China and the Amazon.

Meanwhile the bio-drones that are digging receive the same program, interrupting their actions and starting to merge, disintegrating the rock that separates them from each other, forming a giant underground ring that surrounds the Temple of King, the base in China and the one in the Amazon.

I send the coordinates to the Boom Tube Rings and activate them. The underground Boom Tube Rings connect to those superimposed on them, generating a wave of energy that teleports everything in their range to the designated coordinates.

The black hole M87, located 57 million light years from Earth

Utilizing the small holes and nicks present on the drones to fire through, each and every one of them is destroyed before they can do anything. Notably, a more potent form of my analytical abilties is fired at one, allowing me to instantly learn of Maxwell and his location.

We have an incident. I telepathically say to the rest if the group

Drite77 said:
Dilma summons her Persona to fly towards the Pyromancer

Upon arriving, she notices nothing and starts to look around, with the same results. She than would ask something, but notices the look on the Fire mage's face

"Uhhh, what happened? Did the thing vanished? Or you just sensed a big fish?"

Dilma asks, trying not to sound rude
"I ... don't know."

The phyromancer says while starring at the lake.

"I could have sworn i had sensed something here ... That Nessie must be like a ninja or something."

She says perplexed.

Sapheram had already forseen this and caused all drones within his range to malfunction and dismantled them with telekinesis.

"I'm aware. What are you going to do?"

Deal with ther perpetrator, one Maxwell, as you may have imagined. I know where he is, and Nicholas won't like him taking pot-shots at us from within his territory, so this is a good opportunity.

@Drite "I don't think that would fix the problem, Nessie would just continue to sneak away, we need to come up with something more complex, something to trap her."

Sure. Nicholas replies to Andrew, bringing him over to the ship the Challenger is contained on.

Maxwell finds himself no longer in the Garden, it having left without him.

Nicholas begins taking apart the structure of metal by using his magnetic abilities, trying to open a path for Kyouka to seal the sword.

I saw, dealing with him is the goal now, I'll put off my other plans for the moment. Jonathan replies to the rest of the group.

"Well, i guess that you can make something to trap her while i lure her? I don't know if you can make more complex things than clothes, but if you can, it is worth the shot"

"What's the matter, Tiro?"

The robotic voice vibrates across the void. It came from the new and improved skynet, AI that manages all of Tiro's system.

"Nothing really, it's just..."

He looks around the void. Reached with higher dimensional cardial breaches, geometry in this place is alien, and the concepts of time and space are convoluted. One would lose track of their own existence while inside.

"I did so much, and in the end it all pilled up to nothing. What did the Beach King do that had any lasting impacts? What did i do that had any lasting impacts?" A genuine question.

"Does it matter? At least you had fun, correct?"

"...i guess you are right. I wonder how the people down there are going."

"Tiro, may i ask a question?"

"Sure, not like we have anything better to do."

"Why... why did you go here?"

"It was the next logical step. We are basically gods, and i have spoken with ""gods"" that are even above us with Pataphysics. Eventually, you get too powerful, everything turns meaniless. My memories being alive, my split personality, all of that? Meaniless, as soon as i gained more powers, it was solved before i realized. I was glad to be back to normal, but my entire persona of Beach King, a persona so deeply integrated with me that it changed my Origin, was just gone in less than a instant. Soon i realized that i was unbeatable, except by those who gained powers just like me. The world bellow got boring, so of course i moved up. I want to find the trill i first felt when the Beach King first came, and i'm not getting it down there."

The AI softly chuckles.

"I understand. It seems you had it quite hard. Although, speaking of Pataphysics, you have been rendered capable of exchanging letters with that higher being since you came here, right? What will you do with it?"

"I'll destroy it."

"But why?" Even the AI is slighty taken by surprise.

"It's too much. I feel that, whatever kind of miracles i can accomplish with it... are just not worth the risk. After i do it, we'll ascend again, to a brand new world."

"...will you not at least exchange one last letter with it?"

"Sigh, alright."

Tiro sits down on his chair and writes his letter in the patatype writter. It spells "Any last words of wisdow?"

1 second later, the letter is warped, forming a new message.

The real Reforged Ideals, were the friends we made along the way.

"...Son of a bitch."

Drite77 said:
"Well, i guess that you can make something to trap her while i lure her? I don't know if you can make more complex things than clothes, but if you can, it is worth the shot"
"Uh, Dilma, i don't you would be every appealing to a giant dinosaur-like monster."

Ruby says jokingly.

"Well, it appealed to this little monster, didn't i?"

Dilma answers jokingly while she shrouds her arm on the Fire mage's shoulder

"Eheh, i guess you did."

Ruby reponds while lightly chuckling.

"Though, on a serius note, i think a conventional bait could work."

Arrived in the Netherrealm I look around.

"Nice place, either way they won't find me here ... and if they ever do," I immediately create another dozen bio-drones.

"I will have other bodies to take refuge in", I exclaim and then teleport them to other worlds.

I expected as much. It's nothing to worry about either way. Sapheram thinks to himself.

He goes back to meditating, thinking of and practicing new abilities in his mind.

@The Phoenix

Fujin's News senses go off, seems like Nicholas know about Newsworthy things. A Fujin knocks on The Garden's door.

The Divine Phoenix said:
A few things, trying to defeat Crunkledunk's evil sword to stop it from erasing him, talking to the Challenger I captured and, well a lot of other things in various locations. Is there anything you'd like to do? He replies, the clone and others still working around the Garden.

"So you lack true free will then, ironic for a Challenger of Selflessness. I'd like to, well, help you in this, I don't find this situation particularly pleasant for anyone, if possible, I would like to help you gain freedom, I suppose. If we who were empowered by the red entity have freedom than surely it is possible for you to obtain it as well."
"That's dichotomy for you. Besides, I doubt you can. No matter how many friends you pull in to help you."

"Now hold on, whether or not we can do anything is something thats always up in the air. But what you want is a bit different. That's what negotiation is about."

"Doing the impossible is something of a talent of mine. I'd say it's worth a try at least." He replies to the Challenger.

Another Nicholas appears, letting Fujin in.

"What exactly did you want to know?" He asks.

The Fujin shrugs. "Anything important that has gone on and the such. You do seem to know about most events going on after all."

Swords teleport over to the approximate location of the ship Kyoka and Nichilas are located in, in response to the assault by Nicholas. They seem to comelletky severe the ship into relatively incredibly small pieces, the repulsive forces between the severed parts cause serious damage to Kyoka and Nicholas- with Nicholas having his right arm and leg severed and Kyoka having the inverse, these wounds also appear hard to heal and regenerate from, Crunkledunk suffers the most, with only his eye present- appearing to have wires leading off the end, as if he was a cyborg. They appear to enlarge and reduce in their size frequently, teleporting to calculated positions, forming a perfectly organised battles strategy , appearing to focus on misleading, over stimulating and flummoxing the enemy so as to find ideal moments to strike and inflict damage on the opponent- appearing to be extremely skilled in this regard.

Instead of attempting to regenerate the wounds by conventional methods, Nicholas simply imagines them away with The Visionary, same for Kyouka and Crunkledunk's. Once that is done, he draws Shakai no Owari, releasing it. To both Kyouka and Crunkledunk, it would look like Nicholas is holding... something, but they couldn't tell what it was. Nicholas warped the blades away from the ship, before forming fields of disruption that would tear apart the enemy in several places across its body. Nicholas was also predicting future attacks.

"Well, be that as it may, I will still hold up to my end of the deal, I cannot release you but I can at least give you this." Nicholas says to the Challenger, before a device sets a pocket reality in addition to one of the shield layers, within the confines of it, it can now move and manifest a corporeal form, but attempting to exit it would lead back into the forcefield and any attempts at gathering power or leaving are still blocked.

"Well, a new powered individual arrived and ate part of the Moon, besides that, we are currently facing off against Crunkledunk's Zanpakuto spirit and also communicating with the captured Challenger." He says to Fujin.

Back