• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reforged Ideals Thread 12: The Return Again

As soon as Nicholas starts disintegrating the structure (yes, I see the irony) most characters can see far enough ahead to realise the sudden outwards movement of the swords, flying offensively. Due to Nicholas' hindsight he is able to predict most future attacks- however he is also realising the approach of battlements owned by the Crunkle army. The group feel a strange shudder, as a sort of wave brushes over them.

"I should have pointed this out before, in hindsight considering you are occupied by other things, but the swords must be being controlled remotely by a single one- to achieve this affect with the research it has absorbed. Can't exactly narrow it down, but it's likely hiding pretty far back."

(Is anyone else's discord not working? Sorry to comment here but I don't think there is another place more appropriate particularly)

I come out of the portal a second time and go over to Layla.

"I found these other creatures in that world. They were larger than normal but they weren't that strong compared to the ones with multiple tails. However, they did know special techniques. I learned that if you became a summoner of their clan, you could become a "Sage" of whatever animal you chose to be the summoner of. Being a Sage entitles different things for different clans. Are you interested?"

(Fandom ate my post again, how nice of them

"Well, hide where? In the land in bushes, or in the sky on the clouds?"

Nicholas remains observing, he utilizes the Visionary to clear away any of the swords or other attacks heading towards them as well as sending a single clone generated by it forward. He analyzes to find the location of the spirit. The clone forms more and more disruption fields to eat away at the army, the clone creates blades in its hands which become covered in a shadowy substance, it beings spreading this substance outward, absorbing any enemy it makes contact with, its body becoming covered in the substance as well.

"Well, alongside a few more classified technologies, I implemented a device that stretches space to make an area impossible to traverse by normal means, as well as a device that allows something to exist in multiple places at once with various effects. He explains to Fujin.

Drite77 said:
(Fandom ate my post again, how nice of them
"Well, hide where? In the land in bushes, or in the sky on the clouds?"
"Just on plain sight, we have our cloaking devices after all."

Ruby comments, as she activates her stealth tech.

"Oh right, the drunkness is making me forget things"

Dilma says as she activates her own stealth device

"Alright, now we wait"

Kyouka activates Over Limit, and strengthens her bounded fields and barriers, adding more layers to block physical and magical phenomena, and keeping the Imaginary Numbers from consuming everything, instead confining the imaginary element, and the Imaginary Numbers Space that it composed, to an area around her.

Gathering energy and reishi from infinite parallel worlds, Kyouka manifests a bow and pulls back a single arrow, composed of both hollow, and her origin. As she does this, time slows to the point that it is completely indistinguishable from stopped time. Once fired, the arrow "splits" multiple times, seemingly multiplying exponentially as thousands of those imaginary number origin arrows flew forwards, seeking out any of the swords or any other such targets, on contact, they would conceptually paralyze and banish the target to the INS, where they would be broken down by the imaginary element within a world that lacked time. The effects would also be compounded by her origin of Consolidation, ensuring they stood on forever.

All the while, Reload On Fire is compressing time around her even further.

The Divine Phoenix said:
"That's classified." Nicholas answers Fujin.
"Your help would be useful, yes." He replies to Andrew.

Jonathan has set up forcefield devices all around the bases, they project an unusual forcefield that can't quite be identified by normal means, but appears completely harmless to those allowed in the base.
"Well, I guess if you want me to use the ink on it, just let me in with it and I'll do my thing."

@Drite

"Yep."

Ruby uses Mist Flames to spawn the bait in the trap, that being a very large cat,

"This will take a bit, so do you want to talk of something in the meanwhile Dilma ?"

The flame user asks to her.

"Well, actually there is."

The support said as she looks into the Pyromancer's eyes

"Why... why did you accepted be with me Ruby? We have never seen each other before that time, but you accepted to be with me on the first opportunity that i gave you. Sorry if i am being to personal, i just... i just want to know if there is something behind that reckless decision"

The White Mage said to the Fire mage in a serious tone

"As I mentioned earlier, the issue of that spirit is still ongoing, aside from that the newcomer named Maxwell attempted to attack Layla's group and was thwarted rather quickly, he has fled this space for now. Myself and Andrew will also attempt to sever the Challenger from its connection to the entity to free it." Nicholas says to Fujin.

"Here." Nicholas says, raising up a hand, Andrew is transported into the pocket realm within which the Challenger is contained, a shield surrounds him that would nullify any attacks from entering, but not prevent his own from exiting. The Challenger is immobilized once again the same as it was before despite being in the realm. The Pocket Realm resembles a white void with bits of furnishings and the like, there is an invisible surface to stand on.

Jonathan goes up to the Layla at the China base. "I believe something I was working on may be of interest to you, you would however have to briefly exit this base to see it." he says to her.

"Well, let's see how this goes. It'll be good to try this out."

I summon Ichimonji and release it's Shikai, covering the Challenger in black ink.

"Any requests for a new name for it, Nicholas?"

@Drite

"Well, to be honest, i am not really sure myself."

"Though it's mostly because of the way Megalith threated you, of how he didn't threat you as a person and tried to remove your freedom ... it reminded me of my past .... so i wanted to help you get out of that situation."

"And then i found out i enjoyed staying with you, i loved the warmness of your personality and of the way you threated me, so i decided to stick along."

Ruby responds to Dilma, saying the last part with a smile on her face.

As Kyoka finishes her move and banishes the spirits, she can feel INS being filled with normal space time- the spirits are teleported back and using conceptual origin technology stuffs they are freed of paralysis. Due to INS being filled up the spirits now can and do telefrag into Kyoka causing her to be sliced into 500 pieces- with Regenerationn not working and a powerful repulsive force being present between the pieces. Nicholas' clone is able to take out a large portion of the beings- however as they all seem to disappear shortly, they suddenly return and while the clone is able to dodge the initial attacks they suddenly use a strategical prowess they so far had not demonstrated, seeming to have counted far above trillions of possibilities, and on their surprise attack are able to use EE material to erase the clone with ease. Nicholas then feels his connection to Kyoka fading partially, with her presence and the writing on soul for his schrift appearing to have been disconnected and filled up temporarily. Nicholas is able to learn the location of the true spirit being present in the 2nd dimension, controlling the battlefield from there. Crunkledunk also fires his ship towards the Crunkle battlements, making them turn into fruit baskets.

The spirits change their form, having turned into pseudo humanoids, with rough similarities to Jonothan, except fro some strange disfigurations- his dark brow being abnormally large and other anatomical features being exaggerated, seemingly for menacing effect. The previous Crunkle ships charge an attack, as do the spirits.

@Phoenix

Fujin writes that stuff down. "Mhmm, can you call and tell me the results of the challenger after you attemptto free her?"

Overlord775 said:
@Drite
"Well, to be honest, i am not really sure myself."

"Though it's mostly because of the way Megalith threated you, of how he didn't threat you as a person and tried to remove your freedom ... it reminded me of my past .... so i wanted to help you get out of that situation."

"And then i found out i enjoyed staying with you, i loved the warmness of your personality and of the way you threated me, so i decided to stick along."

Ruby responds to Dilma, saying the last part with a smile on her face.
Dilma opens a smile when she heard Ruby's response

"Awww, such a Cutie~"

Dilma says as she hugs and cuddles Ruby

"No one never said me such sweet words, normally they just comment how warm and tight my insides are"

Dilma says, still slightly drunk

"But talking it for real, thanks Ruby. I am glad that you enjoy spending time with me not just for the potential stuff. I think that i've already said that, but you are the best thing that happened in my entire life, and i am eternally grateful for it"

The White Mage says as she kisses Ruby's cheek

As the spirits are teleported back and freed of paralysis via conceptual origin stuff, Consolidation just immediately paralyzes them again, and the imaginary numbers present in the arrows that banished them in the first place also come back due to Consolidation, rapidly breaking down the spirits, working to annihilate even their spiritual foundations until not even their energy was left.

The other spirits which attempted to teleport into her, would find that due to INS being filled with real space, her reiatsu is able to flow past her body now, overwhelming them with her spiritual pressure, and even disintegrating some of them before they could teleport, her Sklaverei tearing apart other nearby matter and spirits, absorbing them. If any spirits survived and teleported into her, the Hogyoku would activate, forcing an evolution on all the parts of her body and soul, forcing them back together despite the repulsive forces, with her soul reentering and using it's natural blueprints of the body to seamlessly change the structure into her original body without Regenerationn being needed.

The real space and time that began to fill INS is quickly replaced, the numbers filling the area and turnining it into more imaginary number space as if it were never there.

Arshalia automatically activates Zanka no Tachi for Kyouka, causing an aura of her reiatsu to appear around her, the flames of the aura invisible and erasing all that didn't take precautions against it, with the actual blade rapidly dancing about, slicing through and wiping away all that it touched from existence, with the barrier of reiatsu having the effects of Blut Vene Anhaben.

Kyouka herself lifts her right hand, five balls of light appearing around many of the new spirits, firing homing beams at them to strip their powers away. Due to preforming this through multi dimensional refraction, Kyouka's able to rapidly fire more arrows to the Crunkle battlements, explosions happening as the arrows contacted the ground, all spiritual matter in the range of the explosions being broken down and used to fuel the explosions further, causing the radius to continue to expand as more fuel was consumed.

"Have you figured out where the main one is Nicholas?"

"How about "Franca"? It means "Free", I'd think it fits." He says to Andrew.

"That should be fine." The Clone says to Fujin.

Despite erasing the clone itself successfully, this does little to halt its advance, as new bodies simply form of the expanding shadowy substance that had now grown to engulf more and more of the area. The severing of connection seems to have been dodged somehow, the bodies flicker briefly in response to it but don't stop their assault and due to the nature of the Schrifts they aren't affected by this. A few bodies return to the side of the original Nicholas, who is now accelerating his calculation speed via the Speed Force, they surround his body in this same shadowy substance, which would reduce anything that attacks him into raw energy to be consumed, a brief moment passes and an absurdly complex device is formed from Nicholas' mind, appearing right in front of him and immediately beginning function.

"I have and I am bringing it here now." He says to Kyouka mentally.

The device has one simple function, to drag the spirit back onto the same axis as Nicholas is currently present in and keep them there, preventing them from travelling away. The moment the spirit arrives, a few other devices surround it, each surrounded in the shadowy substance as well as other forcefields, these devices begin emitting a strange field, this field prevents energy from being exerted by the spirit anywhere beyond its own body.

"That'll do Nicholas. That'll do."

I progress my Zanpakuto to its next stage and use the ink to inscribe the new name, "Franca".

"Well, that's done. I have a few more ideas on how we can work with it now though."

The inking works, as does the name change. No physical change can be observed on it any this time, but there is a noticeable difference of some sort in its energy.

"I think we can do more with it. It seems to me like it doesn't want to respond to us, but that's no problem. I wonder if there's anything else we should do with it. Actually, Nicholas, pull me out of here, I want to ask your opinion on something."

@Drite

"and i am infinitelly thankful to have met you~"

The pyromancer says happy, bear hugging Dilma and snuggling her gently.

Suddently, a glow stats being emitted from below, coming from beneat the lake's curface..

"OH OH, it seems the trap was trigger."

Ruby states.

"For real?! Are we sure that it is Nessie?"

Dilma says, clearly excited about the fact of them finding a Cryptid

A very large shadowy figure can be seen in the waters within the trap, around a dozen meters big, rendered incapable to leave by magic.

"Well, it's either that or the world's biggest fish."

Ruby responds to Dilma jokigly.

"Come on, let's go take a closer look at it."

She says, being very exited too.

As the two of approch the magic barrier, they are able to see the figure in it's full splendor, a lizard-like creature covered in watery green scales, bearing a greatly extended neck with a small red pulliled head at it's end and with 4 finner limbs.

The creature is held down by strings of magic attached to pillars place at the cardinals of the magical trap, with any effort of the aquatic creature to break free being rendered useless.

[Weren't you supposed to be sleeping?]

Dilma looks enchanted at the beast, she have never encountered such animal before, well, to be fair, she has only seen dogs, cats and birds, so everything animal related was a new thing for her

"They are so... majestic!" Dilma says while contemplating the pre-historic creature, she than looks at the Pyromancer, she could notice that Dilma's eyes were shaped like diamonds

"Are we able to touch them?" The support says in a excited tone, as if she was a little kid

Back